PDA

View Full Version : Serena RUDE once again!

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Did everyone see the handshake she gave poor Justine??? She was very RUDE! I love Serena but i thought regardless of the outcome she shouldn`t have done that!!!

:) The problem is Serena gets use to dominating soo badly she hates losing to anyone regardless if they out play her! BTW I RECKON KIM WILL WIN!! :confused:

kyk710
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:15 PM
You want to talk about poor sportsmanship, talk about Justine Henin-Hardenne. She CLEARLY put her hand up in the middle of Serena's service motion, signaling a reservice. But when Serena asked for a first serve, Justine blatantly lied to the chair, telling him that she didn't put her hand up. And on three calls, which were clearly out, Justine argued even though both Serena and the chair had called them out. THAT is poor sportmanship. Today the crowd was unbelievably rude, and it was sad to watch. If I was Serena, I probably wouldn't have even shaken Justine's hand.

Now I am sure that some of you are going to say "Oh it's just another Serena fan mad that she lost", but I actually didn't care who won, I just wanted a good match. So my view is completely unbiased when I say that the crowd behaved terribly today, and should be ashamed of themselves. I honestly believe that Serena would have won the match (up 4-2 30-0) if it weren't for the crowd. The crowd, and Justine, should be ashamed of their behavior today.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Okay then.. im not going to argue with it.. i believe if serena would have won that match she would have approached the handshaking incedent totallly different!

Justine never denied serena having a first serve.. it was actually George (UMPIRE) who practly said I didn`t see it happen so bad luck... god knows how he didn`t see it happen!!

I wouldnt call what justine did about the line calls argueing.. she just got umpire to check it and really walked away... nothing else to do with it.

I agree the CROWD was horrible ONCE AGAIN! I cant say that she might have one the match.. but it looked like she was on her way.. that match was just sooo UP n Down from the start of the second set..

Im not trying to start trouble cos these 2 playas arent my favourite... I was just dissapointed at Serenas ending!

kyk710
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:26 PM
:) I'm sorry, I am just really angry with the way the crowd acted. I have always admired Justine's integrity on the court, so I'm sure I'm probably just overreacting and need to cool down..... :wavey:

tennisfun
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Of course the umpire couldn't see Justine raise her hand because he doesn't have four eyes to watch Serena and justine the same time. So obviously he asked Justine about it and didn't get the confirmation. So basically Justine lied. Pure and simple. She maybe a awesome player, but certainly she has no integrity. Justine, your mom are ashamed of what you did even though you win the FO.

treufreund
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
SERENA CHOSE to SERVE that SERVE despite the face that SHE KNEW THAT JUSTINE WAS NOT READY. How can that be fair in the first place? But to then have the nerve to expect another first serve is really over the top.! Serena then finished the match with no handshake and her usual evil glares and no interview. And we are supposed to buy this BS that JUJU is a bad sport???

Serena was already downright nasty with her glares towards MOMO but luckily JUSTINE concentrated on the TENNIS and SENT MISS NO MANNERS SERENA J "babygurl" WILLIAMS back to the showers without the win. K. Got it.

jrm
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:10 PM
in the end this is the SF of GS

treufreund
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:11 PM
i just watched the tape and he did not ask juju but why SHOULD juju give serena another first serve when Serena IGNORED her and went ahead and served? What kind of idiot would do that? If anything if somebody serves to me when I hold my hand I am pissed off at them and not about to say oh sure sweet serena please take another first serve even though you have been giving me nasty glares all day long. :rolleyes:

jrm
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:12 PM
in the end this is the SF of GS and you don't see them wearing white gloves

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Its not the point about the hand waving and serena serving... i know that the umpire said stright out to serena NO badluck i didn`t see it.. but the point is eventhough serena lost the match she was very rude to justine at the end of the match... that just got me really pissed off cos i like serena and admire her but there is no need to be that rude. She always seems to do that when she loses these days!?!? I believe its becos shes use to winning!

I also agree the CROWD was fucking horribl.. i was hurt when they done it to Hingis and she was my favourite player back then... and i got pissed off .. upset.. and at the end of the match i looked at it from her point of view remembering how Hingis felt and i feel soo sorry for serena.

treufreund
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:28 AM
yes the crowd was hostile. they have been so many times. they were really nasty to hewitt and unfair to al costa the other day against Lapentti. today they were ridiculous too but the worse they ever acted was against Mary Pierce or Hingis/testud match where eggs and tomatoes were thrown on court. :sad:

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:44 AM
yeah so rude they have "no class"

Henin-Hardenne plainly did not lie because she did not speak, and it did Williams no favors to throw such accusations at a player not known for gamesmanship of any kind. Williams was quick to admit the incident was not a turning point in the match and had no bearing on the result, and was equally quick to say that Henin-Hardenne deserved the win. In any case, the crowd had already decided where their allegiances lay and Williams had long since antagonized the crowd by calling her own lines never a smart move at Roland Garros. Hingis could have told her that.