PDA

View Full Version : AUSSIE WIMBLEDON WCs ANNOUNCED!!!!!

chris1897
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:59 AM
i just heard from tennis australia that the wimbledon wc's had been announced for the aussies!
* SAM STOSUR gets the MD WC
* CASEY DELLACQUA gets the qual WC,
congrats girls!!!!!! however..sam lost in 1st round surbrition this week, and casey lost 1st of french open juniors!!!!! hopefully they will pick up their form for wimby.
so this means that in the main draw australia will have:
- pratt
- molik
- stosur
- evie (does she make the cut or will she have to qualify?????????????)

and in qualifying:
- wheeler
- mquillan :D :D :D
- dellacqua

last year we had 3 in the MD, and a massive 7 (!!!!!!!) in qualifying.....

Aussie_Kim
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Thats great news.
I'm sure all the girls will do well. I'm especially predicting great things from Alicia, Casey & Stosur. Australian women's tennis has a brigth future with these girls :)

TS
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:40 AM
As expected :)

I wonder if Evie made it in...if she missed out it will only have been by a couple of spots! Anyway, if not, playing qualies might do her good.

Mattographer
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:18 PM
What about Lisa McShea? :rolleyes: Is Casey Dellacqua played well on grass?

Anyway, Evie is the seeded one of the qualifying!! She need someone else from above her rank to withdrew!! Probadly, Monica Seles will pull out.

Mattographer
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:19 PM
and in qualifying:
- wheeler
- mquillan :D :D :D
- dellacqua
Why do you smile with Rachel McQuillan? Is she your favourite player? :)

chris1897
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:59 AM
yeah........rach is my favourite!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :hearts: :drool:

ozfan44
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Casey Dellacqua will beat Lisa McShea any old day :drool:
really glad they gave the wildcards to sam and casey :)
hopefully casey can get through at least a couple of rounds
:lick:

TS
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Alex....Lisa McShea? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol

Well if Evie is seeded one in qualifying she'll miss out (as it stands right now)...cos she will drop in the ranks after RG and lose her spot in the 'next in' race. Oh well, off to qualies for Evie.

Gowza
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:05 AM
i think all our maindraw players have a pretty good chance to win a match depending on their draw of course. good luck ladies!

broncosven
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Just our luck that we will get drawn against seeds, we seem to alwayz draw seeds and unfortunately they are usally the higher seeds

our drastic shotage of players is also shown with only what 3 in main and 4 or 5 in qualifying

THAT IS PATHETIC!!!

comon girls

p.s. i reckon we ned more home tournament like our season goes for a month where US have one for like 9 months thats os unfair to our young player but oh well cest la vie!!!