PDA

View Full Version : Cheering thread for Magüi Serna!

MS
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Hi,

it's a little bit early to post a cheering thread, but just in case I don't have time later ;)

First Magüi's tournament on grass this year, it will be difficult to go far, but Magüi is playing well, so let's hope that she can go as far as possible and prepare well for Wimbledon, where she'll be seeded.

¡¡VAMOS MAGÜI!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Pdm1987
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Good Luck Magui :D :D Continue your superb form :) :) :worship:

Caz
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:17 PM
:wavey: It's never to early!! ;) Vamos Magüi!! Hopefully Bea and I will be there for qualifying, then the first few days of the main draw! I can't wait!! :D

Manu79
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Good luck Magüi!!!! :D :D, continua tu camino hacia el Top 20 ;)

MS
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Something 'funny' that I'm sure that nobody knows ;). In Warsaw, Magüi was down 5-6 against Dokic and serving to level the set. While she was serving, a bee stung her left underarm and a doctor had to come. She says that since that moment some people pull her leg about the 'nice' bee ;)

LUXXXAS
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Vamos Magui!:bounce:

MS
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I've just seen we can vote again here http://www.sanexheroes.com/us/

Vote for Magüi! ;)

Jorn
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Vamos Magüi!! :):)

I have just voted ;) Magüi 3 votes! she need some more.

Caz
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:44 PM
I've voted too!! :D

White Stripes
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Good luck, Magui! :wavey:

raquel
Jun 8th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Good Luck Magui :bounce:

MS
Jun 11th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Magüi will play the qualifying here. Let's hope that she can reach the Main Draw!

Caz
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Really?!? Well, although that's probably not exactly a good thing, ( ;) ), it's cool for Bea and I, 'cos we'll only be there from the beginning of qualifying until the 1st round. So, hopefully this way, we'll get to see Magüi play a few matches, instead of just one!! ;)

Seriously though, best of luck to Magüi! Lets hope she can make it through the qualifying, and win a few rounds here! Vamos Magüi!! :D

vasco
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Suerte Magui.

Vamos!

MS
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:31 PM
@Caz: with her current ranking she would avoid the qualifying, but with her previous ranking she has to play it unless someone withdraws, and I don't think so....Maybe it's better to have some practice in the qualifying because the main draw is really tough ;)

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Vamos Magui :D She can come through qualifying! Hope you have a good time Caz :wavey:

Caz
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:39 PM
:wavey: @ Pdm1987 and MS!

Yes, hopefully playing the qualifying will be good for her, 'cos it should give her a couple of extra grasscourt matches before Wimbledon.

Still, it's quite ironic how last year, when she was playing terrible tennis and losing to *British players*, (Bea dragged me to Julie Pullin's match in Birmingham this week, and I still, a year later, was sitting there saying, "How, how, how, how, HOW did Magüi lose to *her*, HOW?!?" Have you *seen* her serve?!?! :rolleyes: ), she got straight into the main draw at Eastbourne, but this year, when she's winning tournaments and playing *so* much better, she has to qualify! ;)

The maindraw will be tough, but let's hope she can get there and win a couple of rounds.

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM
:wavey: @ Pdm1987 and MS!

Yes, hopefully playing the qualifying will be good for her, 'cos it should give her a couple of extra grasscourt matches before Wimbledon.

Still, it's quite ironic how last year, when she was playing terrible tennis and losing to *British players*, (Bea dragged me to Julie Pullin's match in Birmingham this week, and I still, a year later, was sitting there saying, "How, how, how, how, HOW did Magüi lose to *her*, HOW?!?" Have you *seen* her serve?!?! :rolleyes: ), she got straight into the main draw at Eastbourne, but this year, when she's winning tournaments and playing *so* much better, she has to qualify! ;)

I was watching Julie Pullins match earlier this week, and as much as i love her :hearts: ;) Magui should never have lost to her especially after humiliating Bally 6-1 6-3 :( I wasn't even sure if Julie was going to beat Sequera (she did in 3 sets) and then lose easily to Lilia Osterloh :rolleyes: This year Magui would beat Julie 6-0 6-0 ;) and shold definately qualify for Eastbourne unless she plays a Brit (except Julie Pullin)

MS
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Vote here (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?postid=2013847#post2013847) !!!

Top 3 would be more than a success in that 'poll'!! ;)

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Voted :D

Caz
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Voted too!! ;)

@ Pdm1987 - I saw Julie's match against Liliah. Everytime I see Julie play, I'm still :eek: that Magui lost to her!! Mind you, having seen Magui's loss to Grande a few weeks later, at Wimbledon, I can see how it happened! :rolleyes:

If Magui loses to any British players in Eastbourne, I shan't be responsible for my actions!! lol! ;)

I don't suppose you're planning on going to Wimbledon? I'll be there, (I live 20 mins. from Wimbledon), if you're going we could meet up.

MS
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
LOL @ you two, well done! ;), I know not many people of the Spanish Armada are going to vote for Magüi, that's why I posted here ;).

@Caz: Have fun in Eastbourne!

Caz
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:11 PM
LOL @ you two, well done! ;), I know not many people of the Spanish Armada are going to vote for Magüi, that's why I posted here ;).

@Caz: Have fun in Eastbourne!

@ MS, I'm desperately trying to distract myself from the joy of studying Roosevelts policy of economic isolationism for my exam tomorrow!!! :eek: Right now anything seems more exciting!! ;)
And don't worry, I'll have a great time in Eastboure and we'll be sure to update you on Magui's scores. :D

MS
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:22 PM
@Caz, between Roosevelts policy of economic isolationism and posting here......there's no doubt! ;). I'm gonna leave now, so good luck for tomorrow and nice days in Eastbourne! ;)

(btw, thanks to the three of us Magüi is currently in the third position in that ranking, close to first and second ones :p)

Caz
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:38 PM
@ MS, lol!! ;) And thanks!! :)

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:50 PM
I don't suppose you're planning on going to Wimbledon? I'll be there, (I live 20 mins. from Wimbledon), if you're going we could meet up.

No :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I really want to go, we should/could have met up in Birmingham. But next year I'm going to Birmingham, Eastourne & hopefully Wimbledon, if I don't have exams, we'll meet up then! :wavey: And Julie's ranking will fall dramatically next week(although completely irrelevant of the thread ;))

I'll look out for you on the TV, what should I look out for.

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 07:55 PM
oh and whose Bea :confused:

Caz
Jun 12th, 2003, 08:39 PM
No :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I really want to go, we should/could have met up in Birmingham. But next year I'm going to Birmingham, Eastourne & hopefully Wimbledon, if I don't have exams, we'll meet up then! :wavey: And Julie's ranking will fall dramatically next week(although completely irrelevant of the thread ;))

I'll look out for you on the TV, what should I look out for.

lol! Poor Julie, and, speaking of irrelevent things to the Magui cheering thread, Elena B's ranking will drastically fall after Wimbledon too. :sad:

I've just sent you a PM.

Pdm1987
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Please don't remind me about Elena's ranking it will be too much to bear!! :sad: She's injured so not fully fit, so I don't expect muxh of her this year! Next year she'll be in the top 100 and fighting fit ;) I hope

MS
Jun 13th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Bea=Gallofa

Gallofa
Jun 13th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Bea=Gallofa

That's right :D

:wavey: fans of Magüi!

Pdm1987
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:01 AM
:wavey: Bea

MS
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:09 AM
pfff, someone has given me negative reps points for starting this thread.... :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Pdm1987
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:14 AM
who?

MS
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:22 AM
I'm not gonna say the name ;). Someone I didn't know quite new in this board saying: 'she sux'

Unfortunately I can't give him/her negative points coz it doesn't work now for me...but I'll do :p

Pdm1987
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:51 PM
She/He must be getting Magui mixed up with someone else, I wonder if they have looked at Magui's ranking recently ;)

Vamos Magui! :D :D (One of the best players on the WTA Tour)

Pdm1987
Jun 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Magui will play Amanda Janes in Round 1 qualifying :fiery: 2 of my favourite players! Enjoy the match Caz :wavey: :D

Kuilli
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I'm sure Caz is a bit disappointed. She probably wanted to see another Magüi vs. Julie match-up. :p ;)

Good luck to Magüi!! :D

Jorn
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Good Luck Magüi!! :) even I don't like a second round vs Dally :sad:

raquel
Jun 13th, 2003, 08:00 PM
pfff, someone has given me negative reps points for starting this thread.... :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
:rolleyes: That is pathetic.

Anyway good luck tomorrow Magui!! :bounce:

Caz
Jun 13th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I'm sure Caz is a bit disappointed. She probably wanted to see another Magüi vs. Julie match-up. :p ;)

Good luck to Magüi!! :D

LOL!! NOOOOOOOOOO!! :eek: I'm telling you, Magüi had better not start losing to British players again, or, or or........!! ;)

Seriously though, I probably won't be able to post in here again until I get back from Eastbourne, (Tues. night) now, so best of luck to Magüi for the qualifying, and, hopefully, the main draw!! :)

Vamos Magüi!! :bounce:

Pdm1987
Jun 14th, 2003, 08:44 PM
LOL!! NOOOOOOOOOO!! :eek: I'm telling you, Magüi had better not start losing to British players again, or, or or........!! ;)

Seriously though, I probably won't be able to post in here again until I get back from Eastbourne, (Tues. night) now, so best of luck to Magüi for the qualifying, and, hopefully, the main draw!! :)

Vamos Magüi!! :bounce:

And what did Magui go and do :rolleyes: *thinking*

yes thats right, she lost to a Brit! Amanda janes to be precise (the British Number 10) I wonder what Caz is thinking now! :o

I hope it is not the end of the tournament for Magui and I hope she plays doubles! :angel:

raquel
Jun 14th, 2003, 09:26 PM
:eek: I am still in shock at this result :eek:

:sad: Magui, although i should support a great British result, congrats Amanda :)

Good Luck to Magui in doubles! :)

MS
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:55 AM
disappointing result :sad: :sad: (I hope that Magüi doesn't have to draw a British in Wimbledon ;))

And surprise in doubles, Magüi with Capriati. I hope that Magüi has more time to practise on grass, I guess her match against Janes must have been too bad ;)

MS
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:22 AM
btw, Jorn, I'm glad that you finally got my SMS. I knew it would be difficult to get scores and I was away and wasn't going to connect, so was hoping you could read it (that's why I wrote a title, at least you could read it).

Thanks Bea for the SMSs. I hadn't seen the draw and had no idea when Magüi was playing, but I was shocked when I saw Janes 7-6 Magüi and thought, who on hell is Janes, sure a British WC, arggghh, can't lose to her...but she did. I hope it was just a bad day ;)

The good news of the week, Magüi is 25th ranked! (she'll lose that place next week, but this is her best ranking in months)

Pdm1987
Jun 16th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Magui & Capriati are through to the next round of the doubles after winning 7-6 7-5 against Gagaliardi & Shaughnessy :D

Well Done Girls :D And Good Luck in the next round :D

MS
Jun 16th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Nice win!. Good luck in the next round!

MS
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Magüi is still in dubs and must be playing now the second round of the Eastbourne Cup. Hopefully Caz will send pdm1987 the score, because there's no way of finding it ;)

Pdm1987
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:41 PM
No News Yet!

Pdm1987
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Magui has won by 7-6 6-3 against Foretz! :bounce: Caz said she was playing OK but was bothered by the wind!

MS
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks!:):)

@Caz, I owe you and Bea some invitations ;)

Jorn
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Well done Magüi, also good luck in dubs :)

Will Caz also e-mail the dubs score?

MS
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:33 PM
WOW, I'm more than surprised, Magüi and Jenny won 7-5 7-6 (3)!!! :):)

Pdm1987
Jun 19th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Well Done Girls :D They must go on to win the title now ;)

Pdm1987
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Here's a photo of Magui at Eastbourne, taken from the WTA Site! :D
Hope this works ;)

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/Serna.jpg

raquel
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Well done Magui :)
and with Jen!! :bounce:

I love that picture :hearts: Magui looks so happy and relaxed :)

Pdm1987
Jun 20th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Magui has won the Eastbourne Cup defeating Razzano in the final 6-4 6-2 :worship: :bounce: Thanks Caz for the update :D

Lets hope Magui does well at Wimbledon!

MS
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Congrats Magüi!!. I want a pic!! (she won that some years ago and I found a pic :p)

Manu79
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Congrats Magüi!! :D :D

MS
Jun 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
The pic 4 years ago...

And soon to play doubles ;)

MS
Jun 20th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Magüi and Jen in the doubles final!!! :)

Jorn
Jun 20th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Well done Magüi and Jenn :)

Good luck in the final!!