PDA

View Full Version : After Wimbeldon, What's Next For Venus?

lizchris
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:28 AM
After her shock foruth round loss, she has admitted that lack of match play has hurt her game and she said that she is going to play more tournaments. Not that she should listen to me, but I hope she will enter the Pilot Pen Championship since sh eis only schecule to play the Acura Classic and the Canadian Open before the US Open. After the Open, I would like to see her play at least three indorr tournaments before the year-end championships which I think she will qualify for.

locks
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:16 AM
As much as I love Venus! I feel that she's done for the year :sad: It doesn't matter what she plays. She will not do any better this year!

See you next year :wavey: maybe Venus Williams will return by then.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Locks-

If you are a true Venus fan, then why are you so quick to wrtie her off. You sound like all the stupid a$$ commentators. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just saying that Venus will rise again. I hope it will happen, but it's not for sure. All I know if I'm standing by Venus whether she wins 10 more Grand Slams or quits tennis tomorrow! :)

tennisIlove09
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Venus will win Wimbledon, unless she's injured. Why? Because no one--NO ONE--can compete with her 120 plus serves on a consistent basis. Injury is what cost her the title last year.

joao
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:20 AM
VEnus is home practicing again. And if people wanna see her teeth then that's what she'll do! Her best period is coming. Venus has never failed suring summer. Watch her winning Wimby and the USO!

Bероника
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:32 PM
How can you say she is done for this year? There are still 6 other months where Venus can and will shine!

lizchris
Jun 11th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Apparently, not only is she not done, the abdominal muscle strain injury must have subsided considerably becasue she and Serena are playing doubles at Wimbeldon and she is playing Fed Cup in July.

harri1963
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Apparently, not only is she not done, the abdominal muscle strain injury must have subsided considerably becasue she and Serena are playing doubles at Wimbeldon and she is playing Fed Cup in July.

Venus didn't seem like she was suffering from abdominal injury in Roland Garros. She seemed like she was suffering from not picking up the racket until it was time for her to play her matches. I can't remember when I have seen Venus that bad. As much as I love her, I was glad she lost. I couldn't stand to watch another match with her playing so poorly. I think she will win Wimbledon. I think the Williams Sisters will rule Wimbledon. I'm praying that Justine is on the same side of the draw
as Serena. The way the French treated Serena is the thing I think that will motivate Venus and Serena both. The Williams Sisters are coming to Wimbledon and they are not leaving empty handed.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Blessings,

Harri1963

lizchris
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:37 PM
I agree with that. I hope it is true that Venus is in London working iwth BJK on her forehand and her second serve, which looked a little better at the French Open, but not good enough to win obviously.

BTW, she admitted that because of the injury, she was not able to practice until the week before the French Open started.

locks
Jun 12th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Locks-

If you are a true Venus fan, then why are you so quick to wrtie her off. You sound like all the stupid a$$ commentators. I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just saying that Venus will rise again. I hope it will happen, but it's not for sure. All I know if I'm standing by Venus whether she wins 10 more Grand Slams or quits tennis tomorrow! :)

Your right :kiss:

Venus just pissed me off that's all :mad:

tennisIlove09
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Your right :kiss:

Venus just pissed me off that's all :mad:

LOL--Venus pisses me off every time she loses. :) But we have to realize that she can't win everything. It's just not possible. I wasn't devastated about Paris, because I knew she wouldn't win because she was coming off injury. I have higher hopes for London.