PDA

View Full Version : Vera vs. Nadia

Jordan.
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:56 AM
Since this is such a great time for all you Russian fans, I was wondering who do you want to win? Who do you think will win? Why? Just your opinions, no arguments necessary. :)

Dava
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:48 AM
I would like Vera to win, I but thats because she is one of my favortie players.

But Its so great to know that one of the Russians is going to be in the semis, and there ranking is going to go sky high! I think Nadia and Vera have been waiting for this in a long time.

BTW does anyone know this. Vera lists her most memorable momment as being beaten by Nadia 6-0 6-0. Maybe this time she will get revenge.

Roxers
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Well actually i want both to win, i dont know! I like them both very much and i like their game. So may the better one tomorrow win :)

My Tip is that Nadia will win.

ys
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:37 PM
I am neutral on that. I think Vera will take it though. She is more consistent, less streaky, she is more stable mentally. Her game is likelier not to break under pressure. But that's a close call.

the cat
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:10 PM
Petrova win win 6-3-4-6 6-3. She has the bigger weapons and her fine serve will be the difference in surviving the tenacious Zvonareva.

ys
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:24 PM
Another thing in Zvnareva's favour is that she has a greater big match experience.

And you know why Vera won? Because
I JINXED VENUS. Right after seeing the RG draw, I realised that one of our girls will be playing Venus in R16. And so I changed my signature to what it is now, hoping that the "WAS" word will jinx Venus. And it worked! :)

King Aaron
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:39 PM
I want Nadia to win. Nadia. Because Nadia has been playing well for this entire tournament plus her Rome performance was also great. I don't think consistency will be a problem for her. Besides, she has played close matches before and knows she has more experience than Vera. The fact that her serve hasn't broke down yet is testament that Nadia has finally found consistency. Good luck and please show me a good match girls!

Mr. Pro
Jun 2nd, 2003, 06:25 PM
i want Vera to win.......the reason is that
i would like to see her making TOP 10
after Wimbledon...not impossible,
and more likely with SF showing here...

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Heart is with Nadya :) :hearts:
Head is :confused:
but either way i'm gonna be :)

vaiva
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:02 PM
My heart is also with Nadia :)
And head - i don't have one
Not in this match, at least

the cat
Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:04 AM
ys is using reverse psychology. I like it! ;)

I hope ESPN2 shows a good part of the Zvonareva - Petrova match tomorrow. But I think the other women's matches will take precedence over the Vera - Nadia match. :(

LeonHart
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:49 AM
geez, after watching the match between nadia and jennifer, i think it would be a very hard match between the both Vera and Nadia. My heart really wants vera to win, but i really have no clue who can pull this out...Vera is a better fighter tho :p

bubble
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:00 AM
boy, I'm torn at this match too...
This match is big for both and whoever wins really deserves the spot in the semi and even the final itself...

I only get to watch Vera's play and none of Nadia so far this week. But based all the reviews, seems that Nadia really played well against Jenny but Vera is really mentally very tough.

Still can't make up my mind but I have a gut feeling that Vera will win.

May the best girl wins today , and I will be equally happy. :)

ys
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:49 AM
My pray just two hours before the match:

Please, let no one gets injured in this match, as it happens so often in matches between our girls..

vaiva
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:21 PM
Some webcams from their match for those who did not have a chance to see it:

vaiva
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:23 PM
More:

vaiva
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:27 PM
More of Nadia, after she won and her support bench:

vaiva
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:30 PM
And some of Vera:

vaiva
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:32 PM
More of Vera:

the cat
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
Thanks Mrs. Eggy! :D

Congrats to both girls for their fine French Opens. But the very potent Nadia just had a too much game for a very tenacious Vera. And the eye opening difference in winners bears that out. Nadia's great firepower won out over Vera's great heart. And just barely.

King Aaron
Jun 3rd, 2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks Mrs. Eggy! :D

Congrats to both girls for their fine French Opens. But the very potent Nadia just had a too much game for a very tenacious Vera. And the eye opening difference in winners bears that out. Nadia's great firepower won out over Vera's great heart. And just barely.
Well said.

the cat
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Thanks King Aaron!

Mrs. Eggy, why does it say that no one has looked at your webcams of Nadia Petrova and Vera Zvonareva? I loked at every one of them.

King Aaron
Jun 4th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I think it only counts about an hour or so. Now you can see the # of views. :D