PDA

View Full Version : Do you all think that Tyson and Lennox Lewis fight was staged by the media?

Dawn Marie
Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:03 AM
I do:) I think it was all about getting more ratings to see them both fight.

boxing fans in here what do u think?

Halardfan
Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Maybe not in this case...Tyson is more than a bit unhinged, and always has been. He is meant to have bit Lewis...as well as hit everyone in sight, including some on his own side.

Im not a boxing fan in general but it would be nice to see anglo-canadian Lewis deal with the vile Mr Tyson.

gentenaire
Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:34 PM
I'm not a boxing fan, in fact I simply can't watch it. It's the only Olympic "sport" I never watch. I don't think it was staged, that's just Tyson. I'd rather not meet him in some dark alley at night:eek:

Greenout
Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
I thought the bit where Mikey walked
of his podium and into LL's face was
staged;but the ugly confrontation
with the hapless journalist wasn't.

Rubylips
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
mo money mo money.Show me the money.that all that was about DAWN Marie.:wavey:

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2002, 12:18 AM
No, I think a minor confrontation was planned, and Mike proved what I've known about him all along

#1: He thinks he's smart enough to improvise this sort of thing

#2: He's far too stupid to improvise this sort of thing

That said, this fight needs to happen, and it is the best thing that could possibly happen to boxing. What boxing needs more than anything is for Mike to be categorically exposed as the limited has-been fraud that he is, so that the publics morbid fascination with him can be quenched. (At least as far as a desire to see him in the ring)

jrj
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:27 AM
no I think Tyson is that crazy.

marshmellow
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:21 AM
i agree with greenout. and it's probably mike's idea. i just get the feeling that he really doesn't want to fight lewis. cos why would he do that? he knows his license is hanging in the balance. and NO in Nevada will probably be NO in other places in the country as well. i never really liked tyson. he's just so full of it sometimes.

wongqks
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:32 AM
I thought it was when I first see it, coz it sort of happen a lot of time in interviews and stuff. But then I thought about Tyson still have not got his lcense back and very likely will not from his behaviour. I am sure the media will not risk staging this publicity stunt and risk losing those millions and millions dollars

Fingon
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:18 AM
oh come on, the media isn't guilty of absolutely everything.

I saw on tv when Mike Tyson bit another boxer ear off (can't remember his name, I hate boxing).

He is been in jail for raping a girl and has had fights many times, has been convicted of them.

I really think Tyson is capable of anything

Martian KC
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Didn't Tyson himself say that they were gonna stage this?
Anyways....staged or not Mike did look real as he was shouting profanities and grabbing his crotch in front of the gawking spectators.

griffin
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Lewis' camp reportedly insisted on assurances this kind of thing WOULDN'T happen at the press conference.

Of the theories I've heard so far, the two that make most sense to me are that either a) Tyson's just a headcase who needs serious mental help or b) Tyson did it to weasel out of the match (on the theory that Nevada won't sanction the fight now).

Tyson is about to be indicted for rape again, btw.

disposablehero
Jan 24th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Everything in Mike's life is going to converge perfectly. He'll be indicted before the fight, mkae his money, prove to the world he is not a real title threat anymore, pay off his debts, finish his divorce, and head back to jail with a clean slate. Expect him to serve 5-7 years of a 10 year sentence this time.

Dawn Marie
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:38 PM
First of all Tyson is a jerk and I really want Lewis to spank that ass! Tyson was good in his heyday but that was a LONG LONG time ago. Personally I want them to fight so Tyson will finally leave boxing alone a fade to oblivion. People think that he is still a great boxer because he dominated, but it's really time for Tyson to GET TA STEPPIN':)

I don't know though about the staged fiasco, I guess I tend to think it was all a staged fight but maybe only from Tyson's end. He's scared to fight Lewis if yah ask me.

Also I think he is a rapist and would dearly love to see him get whipped royally in ring .. in the name of the women that he hurt.