PDA

View Full Version : Retirement rumor resurfaced.....

coetzerfan1
May 31st, 2003, 08:50 PM
Having recently read about Amanda's tendonitis causing withdrawal from Stratsburg, I searched and came upon the following:

http://www.sabcnews.com/sport/other/0,1009,59442,00.html

I didn't get a chance to hear the audio, and if they remove the article, here's the bad stuff:

"Amanda Coetzer, South Africa's little assasin, is considering retiring following her first round defeat in the French Open tennis tournament"

speedy
Jun 1st, 2003, 12:26 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I donīt even wanna think about it, but this sounds pretty serious...!
:eek:
I had a look on the South African Tennis Page www.supertennis.co.za, but couldnīt find any more information about that topic. I just hope itīs a rumour, but if Amanda thinks itīs the right time now we unfortunately cannot do anything...

:sad:

Robbie.
Jun 1st, 2003, 02:34 PM
:sad:

*speechless*

Zamboni
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:24 PM
Can't blame her but :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Hope she keep playing!

butch
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:56 PM
NOOOOO!! :sad: :sad: :sad: I've already booked a room in the Hilton hotel in Durban so that I can cheer Amanda and co on in the fed Cup match in July (I'm not sure though if Amanda is playing - the hotel only had 3 rooms available still for that weekend, so I had to book). well, Amanda is and has been a wonderful ambassador for our country, and for the game of tennis, for many years. She should leave on her own terms. Will always respect you, Amanda. Go Amanda!! :bounce:

Zamboni
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:50 PM
Was just thinking....I heard Wayne Feirrera thought about retiring too...just think of what that will mean to South African tennis is they both retire!:o :sad:

speedy
Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:07 AM
Wayne too !!??!!?? :eek: Oh my God!
Thatīs too much for me...

I mean, I always try to keep in mind that they only stop playing tennis and that there are many worse things happening but still... :sad:

Butch :wavey:, I keep my fingers crossed that youīll see Amanda. I know how ... a tournament without the personal number one can be...
Good luck!

speedy

Coetzer Fan
Jun 3rd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Oh no, my 2 favourite players canīt retire. Please that can not be true. :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :o

coetzerfan1
Jun 12th, 2003, 12:37 AM
anyone else listen to the 17 second real audio quote at

http://www.sabcnews.com/audio_ram/0,1574,16769,00.ram ?

Kinda garbled, but doesn't even sound like Amanda, and it starts of with a comment about being married - maybe my hearing is going - curious to hear other's take on it (it's very slow - took me several tries to get it to work).

PETE
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Very strange!! :confused:
it does not sound like Amanda ??I never heard about Amanda getting Married ??? I heard she was dating American Jeff Salzenstein. But married?? that is strange!! Maybe they got amanda confused with liesel Horn-Huber who is married???Very strange!! :confused:

Zamboni
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:39 AM
definitely doesn't sound like Amanda! :confused:

Robbie.
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:44 PM
This isn't Amanda :D (A good thing!)

As per usual bad reporting :rolleyes: :fiery:

xcrtbckhnd
Jun 15th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I'm very glad to see Amanda playing at Eastbourne and hopefully she will win her 1st round match against Myskina. That would be wonderful!!!! GO AMANDA!!!!