PDA

View Full Version : Jelena is really missed at the 2002 Australian Open.

the cat
Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
It was her choice to not to go to Australia. So we have to live with it. But I miss her. And so does women's tennis. Jelena has so much to offer. She's talented, attractive and a winner. I think Jelena had atleast an outside chance to win the 2002 Australian Open. And with Serena and Lindsay pulling out with injuries, her chances to win the title would have increased. She has to live with her decision to skip Oz. She really would have had a shot at winning 2002's first grand slam.

kazbeee
Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:35 PM
I can honstly say I haven't even thought of Jelena, I don't mean to be nasty because Im quite surprised she hasn't poped into my head. What is the reason she is not playing here, is she injured or is it the Aussie status thingy?????

the cat
Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
I think it's problems with Tennis Australia and the Australian media. Any way you slice it or topspin it, it's a shame Jelena chose not to come. The women's tournament is wide open.

per4ever
Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:24 PM
she should have been here..no question about that.

But I don't believe she would have a shot at the title..she sure would have been in the last 16 or 8..and that are lots of points.

ares
Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:37 AM
I have heard the news that Jelena is going to move to yugoslavia next summer , does anybody know more abaut it?
That would be perfect!!:bounce: :bounce:

jd4eva
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:09 AM
I'm sure Jelena would have had just a chance as anyone else.

She can sure beat Clijsters and Henin, as well as Mauresmo and Capriati.

I hate it how Jelena is so underrated and everyone thinks she's a rubbish player.

Jelena already has a home in Belgrade but she will live in Florida as the facilities are better.

Brαm
Jan 23rd, 2002, 08:05 PM
I haven't missed her to be honest...

It's a weird decision tho that she's not playing there! She could've won lots of points! :rolleyes:

FrankWo
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:55 PM
... after 6 months on board for sending:
http://www.frankwo.de/JeDo01.jpg
and greetings to all of her fans ...

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:49 AM
I have certainly missed her! When will she be coming back?

SM
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:08 AM
now we have something to be excited about and can get ourselves out of hybernation! COME ON JELENA FANS........MAKE SOME NOISe!!!!!!!!!!

JELENA TOKYO SINGLES CHAMPION , JELENA/IRODA FOR THE DUBS!

goo girls

SM
Jan 31st, 2002, 03:58 AM
They defeated Svensson/Serna 6-1 6-4...a solid return for Jelena!

Now on to thursdays matches , good luck in 2nd rd singles against KREMER which is third match on court 1! .....hope the singles return is of similar result...

and also good luck in 2nd rd doubles when jelena/iroda take on Pitu/Patricia later on in the day.....

GO JELENA/IRODA!