PDA

View Full Version : Question about Eurosport

Maajken
May 27th, 2003, 01:12 PM
i normally have eurosport international with english commentary, but since yesterday there isn't any commentary at all during roland garros' live action...and sometimes there's someone speaking german in the back :confused:

does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know what the deal is?

maya
May 27th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Apparently British Eurosport stole all of the commentators ...

Giuliano
May 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I have Eurosport Germany so I'd have german commentaries anyway *sigh*.

Maajken
May 27th, 2003, 04:06 PM
i know radius...but i have eurosport via satellite, that's why the commentary is english.

i want those brits back! :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
May 27th, 2003, 04:13 PM
as long as you get to see Henman then you can have them :p

Dunno what the problem is
British ES has alot of commentators there

Mercer, Reed, Bradnam plus the brill Frew McMillian
plus idiots like Chris Bailey, the laughing monkey will join later (Petchey)
Chris Bowers is there also
Jo Durie will be there soon

Maajken
May 27th, 2003, 04:23 PM
i get those commentators too eggy. the programme they broadcast only differs when henman plays ;)

Kornelija
May 27th, 2003, 06:04 PM
i normally have eurosport international with english commentary, but since yesterday there isn't any commentary at all during roland garros' live action...and sometimes there's someone speaking german in the back :confused:

does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know what the deal is?

It's actually the same thing here in Lithuania. :sad: No English comentators :sad:

I think they probably made an agreement with German TV channel. And also this short clip with M. Stich where he says he will be with us during this year Roland Garros...
Germany probably spent a lot of money on that ;)

vaiva
May 27th, 2003, 07:01 PM
It's actually the same thing here in Lithuania. :sad: No English comentators :sad:

Now that's weird because I'm also in Lithuania but I have my regular team of British commentators and no German crap :confused:

I'm getting it via cable TV

pauls
May 27th, 2003, 07:32 PM
I rang Eurosport and they say that International is mostly aimed at the German market and that for the French Open, they have created a German window on the International feed, even on the English language feed - which is why there is no commentary on the matches. The woman I spoke to said we will only get English commentary when the German window finishes for the day. I have been watching in the mornings and early afternoons when there has been no commentary, just the occasional German voice. Have those people with English commentary on International been watching later in the day? Why oh why must they do this. There is already a German language feed so why do they have to knock out our English one?

Maajken
May 27th, 2003, 07:57 PM
thanks peeps

i have been watching for most of yesterday and today. yesterday there wasnt any comment at all, except for the introductions with the german guy and michael stich. today the last few matches were commentated on, but in german obviously.

i do understand german, thats not the problem for me but the british commentators were doing such a fine job and listening to english is just so much easier.

i really hate this, argh!

bluepastures
May 27th, 2003, 08:24 PM
I actually prefer watching tennis with no commentary, just the normal sounds from the court (i.e the umpire, the players etc). Generally, what tennis commentators and analysts have to say is so boring (with the exception of Peter Fleming and Frew McMillan).

That's the good thing with BBCi's coverage of Wimbledon, on most of the courts they don't have any commentators at all.

Could someone explain why British Eurosport had to go off Petrova's victory to show highlights of Henman tonight, and then go back to the Petrova match delayed? That was really annoying. Didn't they cover Venus's win at all?

TheBoiledEgg
May 27th, 2003, 08:26 PM
nothing was shown of Venus here in UK
now waiting for Roland Garros Rendevous in 30 mins :)

ivka
May 27th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Hi all Eurosport viewers,

I ususaly have Eurosport with Czech comentary....but since Roland Garros, the sound is little bit lower and there is English comentary.

I like that english comentary. It’s much better than the Czech one. Czech comentators aren’t very good. Sometimes they dont know what they are saying. When there were a tournamnet in Rome, one comentator was talking about the French Open and the tournament in Paris. They are really strange there. So I am really happy to have English comentary. It s great. Especially when there is a man and women (I dont know their names). They are really great, funny and into the game.

ivka

Doc
May 28th, 2003, 02:16 AM
If you are on Astra 1, the English commentary has been moved to another audio channel. You have to retune the audio to get it. (usually you can flick through the audio channels.

HOWEVER, the commentary is sometimes NOT of the match being shown, but the one on British Eurosport. Today I was watching Venus, but getting commentary on Seles v Petrova!

maya
May 28th, 2003, 06:50 AM
I now have German commentary. I want the English back :fiery:! It's so much more interesting!

Raisin
May 28th, 2003, 08:28 AM
I have the problem with Eurosport, before I had commentary in English but with the French Open coverage its now German commentators?

I also have French Eurosport but they hardly show the same matches which is a good thing for me cause yesterday I got to see the Venus match live and also taped the Monica match on French Eurosport.