PDA

View Full Version : Sevendust, Depeche Mode, and Green Day..

Tammy
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:13 PM
hm.. i was wondering how many of you have actually heard of these groups other than their commercial releases.. because alot of people i have been talking with lately haven't a clue as to who these bands are .. or they only heard of their singles...

all of these bands kick ass :D .. they were/are at the forefront of their "style" of music

sevendust is brilliant they mix punk with hard metal and have a long list of great songs (not to mention their drummer Morgan is hot :drool: :drool: )some of which include:
Angel's Son
Praise
Too Close to Hate
Licking Cream
Bitch
shine
and my one of my all times faves "Insecure" ( totally kicks ass)

green day there is so much to say about them they were one of the best punk bands that ever existed they have so many great songs that were both released and unreleased .. some of my faves are:
brian stewart
basket case
jackass
why do you want him
walking contradiction
rejected all american (this is so true!) .. and so many more..

and last but not least depeche mode needs no explanation they are great and have been around for ages! some of my faves are:
dream on
somebody (sweet song!)
people are people (gets u in a giddy mood lol)
shake the disease
just can't get enough (a classic)
tainted (another classic :))
stripped :)
black celebration ...ect..

i love all of these bands and can't get enough of them! .. i was wondering what some of your guy's favorites are of theirs ..

Tammy
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:03 AM
well for me.. i do like dm as well as green day.. but then again i listen to like every type a music.. i just love music in general :) so i know that the bands are totally diverse but they still kick ass hehe :D

Nina_rus
Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:11 AM
I like both Depeche Mode and Green Day, have all of their albums :) , but I have never heard of Sevendust. Btw in Russia Green Day are not popular, neither are Sevendust but depeche MOde are really well known cos they came to Moscow a several times.
Out of depeche mode songs my favourites are
One Caress
Shake the Desease
barrel of a gun
Insight
etc....there are so many good ones!

I just bought the Green Day "international superhits" some time ago and there are lots of good songs on it of course. i don't really like the Insomniac album though.

Princess Fiona
Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:39 PM
<FONT SIZE=5>DEPECHE MODE!!!</FONT>

*faint*
*faint*
*faint*
*faint*
*dizzy*

:drool: :D

Favourite DM songs? Too many to mention! I'm actually listening to the Music for the Masses album atm. :)

<FONT SIZE=1>Oh, you mentioned other bands as well? There ARE other bands apart from DM? :D</FONT>

Tammy
Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:43 PM
lol franziska :D

Double Fault
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:38 AM
People Are People is Good

Tammy
Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:47 AM
yeah "people are people" makes me giddy :o lmao

Nina_rus
Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:06 PM
I'm listening to Depeche Mode's Singles 81-85.

roots
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Depeche Mode is still oe of my favorite groups of all time, along with INXS (sorry still stuck in the '80s).

Best song: Enjoy the Silence. It's just so amazing, I crank it up really loudly when i listen to it.

Last time I saw them live was in June of 2001 when they passed through Ottawa, Canada. That's where they kicked off their North American tour. Amazing show!

Nina_rus
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:43 PM
I saw them in Moscow last year too. they were absolutely brilliant.

Princess Fiona
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:13 PM
I've never seen them live :sad:, but I will! :D

Ballbasher
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Green Day is good:cool: