PDA

View Full Version : *~[~FrEnCH OPeN~]~*

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GrahamD
May 29th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Angry Sears (aka Spud) lays into Hantuchova

By John Parsons in Paris (Filed: 29/05/2003)
Daily Telegraph

Daniela Hantuchova's British coach, Nigel Sears, walked out on the
ninth seed halfway through her dramatic defeat in the second round of
the French Open yesterday.

The 20-year-old pin-up, who has attracted continued interest over her
recent weight-loss, infuriated Sears with the wanton manner in which
she kept sacrificing the initiative on the way to a 6-7 (2-7), 6-4, 9-
7 defeat by the teenage American, Ashley Harkleroad. Sears left the
court soon after his pupil had squandered a 4-1 lead in the first set
and then her own serve again, when serving for the set, with a
quartet of unforced errors (by the time a missed forehand left her
match point down she had made 100).

"I've walked out [of the match], I couldn't stand it," Sears told me
as he made his way back to the locker rooms between the end of the
second set (which he missed) and the start of the third.

"I didn't like her attitude," added the most successful British coach now on the men's or women's tour, who began working with Hantuchova in the summer of 2001 and has seen her climb around 60 places into the world's top 10.

Sears, who later left the arena in the same car as Hantuchova with
much to sort out, had seemingly experienced this kind of roller-
coaster performance by Hantuchova once too often. "I told her that if she couldn't stop it, I'd leave, so I've left her to it. I decided it
was the right moment for me to get off the court," he said.
Told that she had just taken the second set, he said: "I just hope
that she'll now pull through it. Sometimes she can stand close to the
edge of winning a big tournament but I've told her she has to be
stronger mentally."

When she rallied from 1-5 in the third set to lead 6-5, it looked as
if Sears's protest might have woken her up. Yet once again - during a
match in which she had consistently lost points she had been in a
position to win - the curse of being in the lead struck again.
Serving at 7-8, she walloped one of her spectacular drive volleys an
inch wide of the sideline to give the equally nervous and erratic
Harkleroad, beaten in the junior final here last year, a first match
point. The match was then settled when Hantuchova put a forehand
wide - her 101st unforced error.

Hantuchova said: "From 1-5 down in the third is when I started to
play my proper tennis. It was the way I should have been playing the
whole match. I just told myself, 'keep fighting to the end'. It
almost paid off."

Yet she admitted that her attitude had not been adequate for the
occasion. Then, effectively emphasising the basis of Sears's
frustration, she added: "Mentally during the whole match I wasn't
there. I wasn't choosing the right shots at the right time. Maybe I
was going for too much and making too many mistakes."

Hantuchova was inevitably asked if she was now too thin to play
tennis. The Slovakian player, who has denied being anorexic and
claimed she was simply having trouble regaining weight after losing
too much while training in South African sunshine last winter,
said: "I think I've just proved - being 1-5 down in the third [and
winning the next five games] - that I'm really fit and it had nothing
to do with my physical condition."

GrahamD
May 29th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Angry Sears (aka Spud) lays into Hantuchova

"I've walked out [of the match], I couldn't stand it," Sears told me
as he made his way back to the locker rooms between the end of the
second set (which he missed) and the start of the third.

"I didn't like her attitude,"
Sears, who later left the arena in the same car as Hantuchova with
much to sort out, had seemingly experienced this kind of roller-
coaster performance by Hantuchova once too often. "I told her that if she couldn't stop it, I'd leave, so I've left her to it. I decided it
was the right moment for me to get off the court," he said.

If this is true, I have to say this -

Sorry Nigel, but if you couldn't stand it, didn't like her attitude and left to leave her to it - don't be surprised when she fires you and gets in a more understanding and supportive coach. :mad:

She seemed to play better without him being there, so maybe that is the solution - the missing link, get rid of Nigel. She gets enough support from Marianna on the sidelines, she doesn't need him there, and if he's not going to support her anyway, there's no point in him being there.

GrahamD
May 29th, 2003, 12:26 PM
COURT 14 11:00 AM Start

3. Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[9]
Chanda Rubin (USA)[9]vs. Kristie Boogert (NED)
Magui Serna (ESP)

Good luck girls! :bounce:

Dani and Chanda come from 4-5 down to win the first set 7-5 :D

:bounce: Go girls :bounce:

Obviously, cheering on my own works - 4-1 up in the 2nd! :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Another break 5-1 and now serving for the match!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WhoooHoooo 7-5 6-1 - way to go girls! :D

In the 2nd round they play the winners of, wait for this.....

Tarrabini / Vis .v. Fattakhetdinova / Fokina

Errrmmm, yes, can't say I've heard of any of them!! :confused:

fan22
May 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM
What happened to our "Tiebreak Queen"?

Can anyone lucky enough to have gotten full TV coverage of the match (and lucky enough to tape it) give us a play - by - play of the 1st set tiebreak...how did Dani lose the points? UE's going for the lines and missing by inches?, double faults? winner's by Ashley?

This description of the pivotal turn of the match will be very interesting to me ....

Thanks in advance ...f22

lee station
May 29th, 2003, 04:40 PM
I'll do, matey, but firstly I'll be a bit busy recording a Silvia match. After it, I'll check this out for you! And congrats Dani and Chanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :D :D :D :D :D

paulhc
May 29th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Hi all ! :wavey:

My third day at Roland Garros today. I was not supposed to go, but it's a public holiday here, the weather is fantastic (28°C), so I didn't resist...
It took me 1 hour 1/2 to find a "reasonable" ticket
at the black market, just for "courts annexes" (all courts except the 3 biggest). I knew Dani was on a small one, so it was enough. Final result : 80 euros. (the sellers are real sharks, real very tough people, scary...).

The timing was perfect : when I got inside, Dani's match was about to begin :)
Pinky told me she won't be able to contact me today, but I wondered, while waiting for the match to start, if I could recognize or guess who she could be in this crowd. (relatively small crowd because of few places for this court 14).
I was seeking for a hord of birdies flying above a teenager, with a canadian flag, fluo balloons, drums & cymbals, yelling "C'mon Dani, haha, kick her ass, heheeee"...Yes, everybody, that's my mental representation of the Honorable "Beauty is
Pink", junior deputy of the Cocktail Party...! :D
But no birdies, no fluo balloons, no yells...Maybe she didn't stand the jetlag ? :confused:

The doubles match was great. Quite close in the beginning, and then they rolled. In the first set,
Dani lost her serve at 4-4 to be led at 5-4. When she came to sit down, she threw her racket violently to the ground. The ball picker brought it back to her, but she threw it away once again !!
It was the only tensed moment, actually. She was playing good, seemed in good shape. But always this lack of power we all are talking about for few days : she never concluded on the 3 very easy smashes she got to hit, Boogert and Serna were able to lob
after. It was easy balls, extremely close to the net, but there was no power enough to be definitive. But globally she played well, volleyed well too, specially some subtle little ones, almost dropshotted :lick:
Chanda was great, hit tremendous shots, and that gave a lot of confidence to Dani. Dani played much better in the second set, thanks to Chanda I would say, the strokes were stronger, it was fun ! :D
She never watched at Nigel, not only once ! He was next to the Rubins, smiling, happy to see everything going on fair on the court. He seems to be close to the Rubins.
I like this association between Dani and Chanda : it's about two extremely nice people, unpretentious, and I think Chanda could bring many positive things to our princess concerning the doubles.

Just after, I rushed to the exit of the court, still expecting to see our crazy you-know-who waiting for authographs, but nothing that looked like what I imagined...

Lot of fans waiting for Daniela : much, much more than I saw the days before.

In a neighbour court, Ashley was practicing, and suffering severely from a tennis elbow. She had a very tight bandage, and it seemed she was in the infirmery just before, like after an injection.
She said "jeeeeez" after each stroke, her elbow was a real torture.
Dani is a generous person, who loves to let a souvenir to every person on her way...;)

Gossip section :devil: : big doubt about Ashley's blondness...(Paul, would you focus on tennis, for God's sake ?!!?)

Two hours later, Ashley lost her doubles with Marissa Irvin, it's obvious it's because of her elbow. During the match, four pigeons flew over the court : I immediatly thought Birdinky was around !
But still not...

Confirmation : the girl with no backhand is Evguenya Koulovskaya, Smarties was right.

Here was my report of the day, folks...
My next day will be saturday, I hope I could see Dani again !

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Paul

GrahamD
May 29th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Hi all ! :wavey:

Wonderful stuff, thanks so much Paul. You know we're all very jealous of you (and Pinky) at the moment, but so pleased you're having a great time. Hope you're getting lots of nice pics for us to see later ;)

Have fun on Saturday! :bounce:

:wavey:

paulhc
May 29th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Wonderful stuff, thanks so much Paul. You know we're all very jealous of you (and Pinky) at the moment, but so pleased you're having a great time. Hope you're getting lots of nice pics for us to see later ;)

Have fun on Saturday! :bounce:

Thanks Graham :wavey:

Concerning the pics : I'm frightened of what I done...It's gonna be so much !! :eek:
The problem is I took slides, as usual, but the shots will take about 20 minutes each in my Nikon scanner ! A narrow selection will be needed...

GrahamD
May 29th, 2003, 08:41 PM
A narrow selection will be needed...

Any selection will be very much appreciated. :)

Daniela is in action again tomorrow, this time with Kevin....

COURT 16 11:00 AM Start
1. Men's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Martin Damm (CZE)[7]
Cyril Suk (CZE)[7]
vs. Massimo Bertolini (ITA)
Sebastian Prieto (ARG)

followed by:
2. Men's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Davide Sanguinetti (ITA)
vs. Chris Haggard (RSA)[12]
Robbie Koenig (RSA)[12]

3. Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Nicole Arendt (USA)
Evie Dominikovic (AUS)
vs. Maja Matevzic (SLO)
Henrieta Nagyova (SVK)

4. Mixed Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Chris Haggard (RSA)
vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)

In the womens doubles, Dani and Chanda play Tarabini and Vis in the 2nd rd.

Tarsius
May 29th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the report!

She never watched at Nigel, not only once ! He was next to the Rubins, smiling, happy to see everything going on fair on the court. He seems to be close to the Rubins.
Umm... I dont understand. Does this mean that she didn't look at Nigel anymore whenever she made an error like she normally does? If so... good for her!

Lot of fans waiting for Daniela : much, much more than I saw the days before.
I hope she understands now that her fans are the best in the world.

smarties
May 29th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Confirmation : the girl with no backhand is Evguenya Koulovskaya, Smarties was right. :p I'm always right ;)

marquinho_85
May 29th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Confirmation : the girl with no backhand is Evguenya Koulovskaya, Smarties was right.

I don't know about u guys, but when I hear this, the only thing I can picture in my mind is this :http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/icw/003.gifhttp://66.227.101.70/contrib/icw/020.gifhttp://smilies.networkessence.net/s/ups/mtk/badteeth.gifhttp://216.40.249.192/s/ups/DeNiro/idiot.gif(freak)

LOL, I guess I should first see this poor girl in action before I judge her :o :devil:

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 01:26 AM
What happened to our "Tiebreak Queen"?

Can anyone lucky enough to have gotten full TV coverage of the match (and lucky enough to tape it) give us a play - by - play of the 1st set tiebreak...how did Dani lose the points? UE's going for the lines and missing by inches?, double faults? winner's by Ashley?

This description of the pivotal turn of the match will be very interesting to me ....

Thanks in advance ...f22

Can anyone give me a point-by-point breakdown of the tiebreak?

WTArules has promised one....and I trust will come through...but I'm getting impatient *smile*

thanks - f22

chapel
May 30th, 2003, 02:45 AM

I don't know about u guys, but when I hear this, the only thing I can picture in my mind is this :http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/icw/003.gifhttp://66.227.101.70/contrib/icw/020.gifhttp://smilies.networkessence.net/s/ups/mtk/badteeth.gifhttp://216.40.249.192/s/ups/DeNiro/idiot.gif(freak)

LOL, I guess I should first see this poor girl in action before I judge her :o :devil:

nice smilies........if you wana call em that!

joegerardi
May 30th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Well, it rather sucks to come home from my business trip and see that Dani lost to Ashley Harkleroad again. I'm surprised I didn't hear anything of it whilst I was in Atlanta, because Ashley's a local hero there, but I was in a rather intense and somewhat isolated systems changeover, so that could explain it.

I guess we just gotta put this one behind us, and look to the next tourney.

Oh, and the Nigel walking out thing, I can identify with him on that, and not really fault him, but I'm far too tired now to explain why. I'll try tomorrow.

..Joe

alltennis69
May 30th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Oh, and the Nigel walking out thing, I can identify with him on that, and not really fault him, but I'm far too tired now to explain why. I'll try tomorrow.

..Joe

Hey Joy :wavey:

Welcome back!, totally with you on the Nigel comment, I am also too tired to post my views, will try over weekend...

best,

allT.

alltennis69
May 30th, 2003, 06:54 AM
fyi. this from the Telegraph site...

"...Nigel Sears, the British coach who walked out on ninth-seeded Daniela Hantuchova on Wednesday, upset by her careless approach in defeat, will continue to work with his Slovakian pupil.

According to a spokesman for the women's tour, Sears feels he has made his point. "They've talked it over and everyone seems happy again," he said..."

gdmirou
May 30th, 2003, 07:46 AM
thank you friends for the running commentaries on the matches of dani at the french. i have absolutely no coverage of the event in my place, for the first time in years and i'm just grateful for your generosity in sharing. thanks a lot again.

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 07:58 AM
thank you friends for the running commentaries on the matches of dani at the french. i have absolutely no coverage of the event in my place, for the first time in years and i'm just grateful for your generosity in sharing. thanks a lot again.

You can still follow Dani's progress in the doubles by logging on to the official RG website and then going to either the scoreboard or the realtime scoreboard.....

http://www.rolandgarros.org/en_FR/index.html

gdmirou
May 30th, 2003, 08:09 AM
graham D, thanks a million, friend.

Tarsius
May 30th, 2003, 08:50 AM
fyi. this from the Telegraph site...

"...Nigel Sears, the British coach who walked out on ninth-seeded Daniela Hantuchova on Wednesday, upset by her careless approach in defeat, will continue to work with his Slovakian pupil.

According to a spokesman for the women's tour, Sears feels he has made his point. "They've talked it over and everyone seems happy again," he said..."

OK... so I guess that guitar comment of mine was a little outrageous. Anyway, good for them. I just hope that that little stunt Sears pulled DID the trick such that Daniela has actually reached the rock bottom of this slump.

How is she performing in the doubles so far?

joegerardi
May 30th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Ok. I've had a little sleep, (and a pot of coffee) and now I'll explain why I wrote what I did about Nigel...

The reasons I don't have a problem with what he did are many-fold. Let me start this way:

My best student is an 18 year-old girl originally from the Ukraine, who's been in the US for 3 1/2 years. In some ways she reminds me of Dani- She's taller (about 5'8") thinner, a beautiful girl, and not a smart-assed teenager. She's quite innocent, and very sweet. At her last tournament, we discussed her gameplan, tweaked a few things, (especially her serve, which I was able to get working to the point that it was a weapon for her) and I felt very confident that she would do very well. Fast forward to tournament day... She goes out, and I'm sitting in the stands watching. Everything starts out well. She's playing great, I'm thinking the only post match issue I'm going to raise with her is that she's not coming in to the net behind great approach shots that would be easy putaways. No biggie, and because I'm not on court, and in a position to really see the angles, I can even forgive this. She wins the first set with a bagel, and hardly breaks a sweat.

Second set: she's up 3-love, and cruising. Next thing I know, she starts playing it safe. The serves become slower and softer. She stops making her strokes, and just returns the ball, and worst, she starts making dumb unforced errors. 3-love rapidly becomes 4-3, and as she makes each of her errors, she looks over at me. I can't coach during matches so I have to keep a straight face, but inside I'm churning. Same easy serves; technique is getting sloppier; footwork sucks. She barely squeaks by the next game in several deuces. Still these safe, dumb shots that are killing her. I can't take it anymore. I walk away and go get a cup of coffee, leaving her alone to win 6-3 in another game of several deuces.

Afterwards, I chew her ass out big time. We have a great relationship, where we can have these flaming rows, and not let it affect our dynamic, and be really open with each other, and after the screaming, we put it aside and get back to work, without it affecting our friendship. (Oh, yeah- one thing about her: She has a NASTY temper and screams back at me almost as loud as I do her!)

She still won in 2, but she could have been off the court 30 minutes earlier, and saved her energy for the next match, as it was only an hour away.

When you coach, and things go bad because your player's not performing up to his/her level, you have to sit there and gut it out. As a player, I can tell you that you don't feel that same level from the court.

So, I can agree with Nigel's walking out. Seeing over 100 UE's from a player the caliber of Dani, and seeing her look to Nigel for some support when frankly, she doesn't deserve it, only makes it that much more intolerable. My player - Anastasia is her name - was looking to me for support with each error, and I walked away because she didn't need (or deserve) anything from me, she needed to dig down deep, look to our game strategy, play that, and work to her strengths. I walked away because she wasn't doing that, and I wanted her to know I was disgusted with her game.

So I don't hold any anger for Nigel. I've been there, and I know how friggin' frustrating it is. Dani should have won that match. I've looked over the stats. He needed to figuratively slap her in the face, and get her game back where it was. That's his JOB, and if teliing Dani that she's sucking during a match be walking away, then so be it.

..Joe

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 01:20 PM
So, I can agree with Nigel's walking out. Seeing over 100 UE's from a player the caliber of Dani, and seeing her look to Nigel for some support when frankly, she doesn't deserve it, only makes it that much more intolerable. My player - Anastasia is her name - was looking to me for support with each error, and I walked away because she didn't need (or deserve) anything from me, she needed to dig down deep, look to our game strategy, play that, and work to her strengths. I walked away because she wasn't doing that, and I wanted her to know I was disgusted with her game.

So I don't hold any anger for Nigel. I've been there, and I know how friggin' frustrating it is. Dani should have won that match. I've looked over the stats. He needed to figuratively slap her in the face, and get her game back where it was. That's his JOB, and if teliing Dani that she's sucking during a match be walking away, then so be it.

..Joe

There's nothing like a coach giving his player encouragement and support just when she needs it most - and that was nothing like it. I understand where you're coming from Joe, but I have to disagree with most of that. I don't have a problem with him walking out halfway through the match. As it was, she played better without him being there. What I do have a problem with is his quotes to the press afterwards, saying how he didn't like her attitude etc etc. Those remarks should have been kept private between the two of them, but by going public all he has done is humiliated and embarrassed Daniela in public.

Just like you ripped into your player, and quite rightly so, Nigel had every right to do the same to Daniela, but in private, not so that it is in all the papers and plastered all over the internet. How would your girl have felt if you had publicly humiliated her instead of giving her a private ear-bashing? What do you think that would do to a players confidence knowing that your coach has just ripped the **** out of you saying how disgusted he was in her play to worlds press.

That 's shows a total lack of understanding and compassion to someone who is still coming to terms with the pressures of top ten tennis. Yes, he should have blasted her for losing the game but he should have dealt with it far more tactfully with the press instead of releasing all of his frustrations for the whole world to hear. If she sacks him, he deserves it IMO.

hantuchova-uk.tk
May 30th, 2003, 01:36 PM
I think I have to agree with joegerardi.

My view is that if he's berated her publically, she's gonna pay more attention to it. She's going to go out in the next game knowing that a lot of people watching will have heard or read what he said, so she'll see it as a perfect opportunity to prove him wrong, show him up if you like. She's a fighter, I think I have a similar mentality and that's what I'd be thinking.

Sure, I'd be annoyed that he went public like that, but that would spur me on even more. Also, if it did upset her then surely she'd try he hardest to not put in a performance that would result in such criticism again.

I'm no tennis coach, but I do support what he did.

My other huge interest is football, in particular Leeds United. I realise this may lose a few of you but I think it's a good example. We have this player, Alan Smith, and he has a bit of a reputation and often ends up getting sent off. The last two managers he's worked under have more often than not supported him, said he was badly done by and, if anything, took him aside for a quiet word.

Thing is, this hasn't worked. He's still getting himself into trouble and he needs to learn. The new boss has refused to stick up for him and publically criticised him. IMO that is exactly what he needs if he's to realise that he has to improve.

OK, on second thoughts it's not THAT good an example but I'll leave it in 'cause the point still remains. 100+ unforced errors is poor - Harkelroad didn't win, Dani lost. If the only way Nigel thinks she'll pay attention is by talking to the press about his disappointment, then I respect his decision. He knows her a lot better than we do I would imagine, so I think we should trust his judgement.

gorecki
May 30th, 2003, 02:22 PM
thanks for sharing that with us Joe!

looking back that match could very well be the turning point
where Dani gets her mental confidence+strength and her game back in tip-top form

gorecki
May 30th, 2003, 02:23 PM
On Court 16 a little later...

4. Mixed Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
Chris Haggard (RSA)
vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)

lee station
May 30th, 2003, 03:07 PM
( Omg I still have to read all the stuff you people wrote between yesterday and right now! )

Ok, this is for Fan22, who wanted some info on the tiebreak, here we go:
It starts with Harkleroad winning with a parallel shot, 0-1.
Dani sends the ball to the net, 0-2, and in less than a minute she sends a ball out, 0-3.
Dani gets close to the net, Harkleroad counterattacks her shot but Dani finally makes it 1-3.
Harkleroad sends the ball out, 2-3. Then she plays with the angles and shots in parallel, 2-4.
Daniela sends the ball to the net, 2-5, then she does the same again, 2-6.
Dani makes a double fault so finally the first set ends Daniela 6, Harkleroad 7.

At that moment of the match:
Dani..................................Harkleroad
4 :eek: .........Double faults.......0
15 :D ........Winners.............6
35 :eek: ...........UE................16

-----------------------------------------

Both struggled to win, but Daniela was under the pressure of seeing her errors were costing her the match. Usually she got angry when Harkleroad won a point, then she tried to do a bit more and made the error. She needs a bit more patience. I don't think she had a single physical problem throughout the entire match. It was all mental. Harkleroad was more consistent in that sense.

lee station
May 30th, 2003, 03:19 PM
A narrow selection will be needed...
Oh Please no selection, buddy!!! :D :D :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: We want 'em all! It doesn't matter if it takes more time, no problem!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Daniela and Kevin have just lost the first set 3-6 in their mixed doubles game against Schiavone and Haggard :sad:

C'mon! :bounce:

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Daniela and Kevin have just lost the first set 3-6 in their mixed doubles game against Schiavone and Haggard :sad:

C'mon! :bounce:

3-6, 4-2
c'mon!!!

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:26 PM
3-6, 4-3
they just broke them!

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:29 PM
3-6, 4-4
fight guys fight!!!!! :mad:

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:32 PM
yes, like that!!
3-6,5-4

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 05:35 PM
They are hanging in....one more break, come on!

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:36 PM
3-6, 5-5 :sad:

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 05:42 PM
3-6, 6-5 :bounce:
good luck guys! U can do it!
Im off to continue my classes, I had a free hour so I ran to the computer to cheer them up!
cya !

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Tiebreak...second set, I'lll keep you posted.

2-3 at this point.

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 05:47 PM
2-5 in TB .... hang in there!

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 05:49 PM
3-5 in TB

3-6 , hang tough...make some good volleys now!

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Oh dear :sad: Lost the TB (4) and the match. Poor Dani :sad:

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 05:52 PM
4-6 in TB

4-7......damn they lost the TB

Kevin and Dani lost the second Set and lost the match 3-6, 6-7 (4-7)

I guess there's still the doubles with Chanda (who won a good 3 setter today by the way)....Dani nees to start getting mentally prepared for the grass court season...coming VERY soon.

Relax, play your game, be confident....GO DANI !

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I guess there's still the doubles with Chanda (who won a good 3 setter today by the way)....
Relax, play your game, be confident....GO DANI !

COURT 6 11:00 AM Start
1. Women's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Iva Majoli (CRO)
Iroda Tulyaganova (UZB)
vs. Tina Krizan (SLO)[13]
Katarina Srebotnik (SLO)[13]

followed by:
2. Men's Doubles - 2nd Rnd.
Younes El Aynaoui (MAR)
Tom Vanhoudt (BEL)
vs. Wayne Black (ZIM)[8]
Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)[8]

Chanda Rubin (USA)[9]
vs. Patricia Tarabini (ARG)
Caroline Vis (NED)

Go girls!! :bounce: :bounce:

marquinho_85
May 30th, 2003, 06:00 PM
I finished my assignment as fast as i could, so the teacher would let me go back to the computer hoping to see 3-6,7-5,6-0
but no, It didn't happen:sad:
well, Im not that sad, we still have hope (dani-chanda):bounce::worship:

fan22
May 30th, 2003, 06:02 PM
( Omg I still have to read all the stuff you people wrote between yesterday and right now! )

Ok, this is for Fan22, who wanted some info on the tiebreak, here we go:
It starts with Harkleroad winning with a parallel shot, 0-1.
Dani sends the ball to the net, 0-2, and in less than a minute she sends a ball out, 0-3.
Dani gets close to the net, Harkleroad counterattacks her shot but Dani finally makes it 1-3.
Harkleroad sends the ball out, 2-3. Then she plays with the angles and shots in parallel, 2-4.
Daniela sends the ball to the net, 2-5, then she does the same again, 2-6.
Dani makes a double fault so finally the first set ends Daniela 6, Harkleroad 7.

At that moment of the match:
Dani..................................Harkleroad
4 :eek: .........Double faults.......0
15 :D ........Winners.............6
35 :eek: ...........UE................16

-----------------------------------------

Both struggled to win, but Daniela was under the pressure of seeing her errors were costing her the match. Usually she got angry when Harkleroad won a point, then she tried to do a bit more and made the error. She needs a bit more patience. I don't think she had a single physical problem throughout the entire match. It was all mental. Harkleroad was more consistent in that sense.

wtarules....you ROCK
Thanks for the breakdown.

Frustrating for Dani and Nigel....UE's killing her -- 5 of the 7 TB points UE's, huh...with the end coming on a double fault.

Well, I hope the "message" Nigel is trying to send gets through and helps DH get focused and mentally confident for the upcoming grass season....which I think suits Dani better than the dirt anyway....hope she can get rested and strong quickly.

GO DANI !

GrahamD
May 30th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Chanda Rubin (USA)[9]
vs. Patricia Tarabini (ARG)
Caroline Vis (NED)

Just doing some homework on tomorrows opponents, interesting reading :eek:

Patricia Tarabini (aged 34) unranked in singles. Last singles ranking 324 in 1995. Last competitive tournament seems to have been in 1997 :eek:

Caroline Vis (aged 33) unranked in singles and held a similar ranking at about the same time as her partner. Has hardly played since 1997 :eek:

HantuchovaSweFan
May 30th, 2003, 09:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/tennis/french03/index.html#

Go to More Videos at the botton right corner of the screen. Then in the new window: Tennis. Ain't much, but always something do do for a ˝ minute :D

paulhc
May 30th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Just doing some homework on tomorrows opponents, interesting reading :eek:

Patricia Tarabini (aged 34) unranked in singles. Last singles ranking 324 in 1995. Last competitive tournament seems to have been in 1997 :eek:

Caroline Vis (aged 33) unranked in singles and held a similar ranking at about the same time as her partner. Has hardly played since 1997 :eek:

Tarabini plays only doubles since many years, she is fit in that speciality, it's her "thing".
Probably the same for her partner.
But I trust Chanda and Dani, they can do it !

~|Naomi|~
May 31st, 2003, 02:49 AM
Dani & Chanda will definately win, Isaw Tarabini playinf mixed at Australina Open, her serve is awful, Dani & Chanda will be able to go to dinner on it!!!!!

alltennis69
May 31st, 2003, 03:18 AM
Ok. I've had a little sleep, (and a pot of coffee) and now I'll explain why I wrote what I did about Nigel...

When you coach, and things go bad because your player's not performing up to his/her level, you have to sit there and gut it out. As a player, I can tell you that you don't feel that same level from the court.

..Joe

Joe,

This is kickass commentary and RIGHT on the money as far as I am concerned! Thank you so much for this excellent post!...I am not a coach, but I play tennis and I could not agree with you more...

I saw this happen with my own eyes at the Berlin Open, every time Dani would make a bad shot she would look over at Nigel; she would also look at him periodically on other points BUT particularly during poor shotmaking it was a constant. Its some sort of surreal way of sharing the blame, or feeling u are not alone when u make bad shots... the point is you ARE and only if you take full responsibilty of it will you have the chance of growing as a player ( which I believe she did in this match )

On what happened later, I'm sure Dani's a screamer ;)...and both of them duked it out afterwards and am glad to hear (at least from the spokesperson that all is ok now)...but I do support Nigel's position on this one. If she does not see reason for it right now, she will one day...

(definately worth a few rep. points :) )

best,

allT.

joegerardi
May 31st, 2003, 11:28 AM
I'm sure Dani's a screamer ;)

I can only hope...

My bad!

:p :D :p :D :p

..Joe

lee station
May 31st, 2003, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the example, Joe! I'm sure Nigel means well, it must be difficult to sit and watch such an unnerving match.
Tell us more about this player you're coaching and her progress in the future! :D

HantuchovaSweFan
May 31st, 2003, 12:59 PM
Daniela and Rubin are playing right now! :bounce:
C'mon girls!

lee station
May 31st, 2003, 01:21 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: C'mon Dani and Chanda!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

HantuchovaSweFan
May 31st, 2003, 01:30 PM
First set to Daniela!!! WOWOWOWOW! :-]

HantuchovaSweFan
May 31st, 2003, 02:13 PM
Daniela and the other player ;) made it!!!

62 64

GrahamD
May 31st, 2003, 05:17 PM
Congratulations to Dani and Chanda who beat Tarabini and Vis 6-2 6-4 on the doubles. Sorry I wasn't around to help with the cheering (what little there was ;) ) but I had to go out today. Looks like they did alright without us!!!! Anyway, in the next round, they play the winners of Jidkova/Morigami .v. Kuznetsova/Navratilova :eek: :eek: which has only just started, score 3-2 at the mo.

lee station
May 31st, 2003, 05:26 PM
I guess Kuznetsova - Navratilova will win this one....

GrahamD
May 31st, 2003, 06:23 PM
I guess Kuznetsova - Navratilova will win this one....

...if they do, they're going the long way round 'cos they've just saved a match point :eek: They are down 3-6 4-5, Jidkova/Morigami now serving for the match.

marquinho_85
May 31st, 2003, 06:50 PM
Now they are :

A.Jidkova 6 6(6) 0
A.Morigami

S.Kuznetsova
M.Navratilova 3 7(8) 0

but the match is suspended, anyone knows why?? :confused:

GrahamD
May 31st, 2003, 07:28 PM
Now they are :

A.Jidkova 6 6(6) 0
A.Morigami

S.Kuznetsova
M.Navratilova 3 7(8) 0

but the match is suspended, anyone knows why?? :confused:

Good fightback by the #6 seeds although I'd prefer Jidkova to win as Dani has already minced her once this week.

I heard the commentators mention the threat of thunderstorms even though it was 30 degrees there today :cool:

marquinho_85
May 31st, 2003, 07:35 PM
Good fightback by the #6 seeds although I'd prefer Jidkova to win as Dani has already minced her once this week.

I heard the commentators mention the threat of thunderstorms even though it was 30 degrees there today :cool:

yes, it was because of that, Kuerten's match was posponed as well. :cool: :devil:

paulhc
May 31st, 2003, 07:39 PM
Daniela and the other player ;) made it!!!

62 64

SweFan :rolleyes: please, the "other player" has a name, and this "other player" was the best in the court ! Thanks very much, Chanda, to team with Daniela and to bring her joy and victories like today ( see report later) ! :worship:

GrahamD
May 31st, 2003, 07:47 PM
SweFan :rolleyes: please, the "other player" has a name, and this "other player" was the best in the court ! Thanks very much, Chanda, to team with Daniela and to bring her joy and victories like today ( see report later) ! :worship:

I think Chanda brings a little 'joie de vivre' (or as the French say, joy of life!!) ;) to Daniela on court, a little added dimension that Meghann couldn't offer. :)

HantuchovaSweFan
May 31st, 2003, 07:59 PM

I know, and I said it in the post before + that i used a smiley, ;) .

Daniela plays with a new partner in every tournament = the other player.

marquinho_85
May 31st, 2003, 08:20 PM
yes, it was because of that, Kuerten's match was posponed as well. :cool: :devil:

correction, it was because of the darkness :devil:

paulhc
May 31st, 2003, 10:27 PM
Hi all :wavey:

Fourth time for me this week at RG, under 30°C and smells of sunscreams in the aisles & stands :cool:
Pre-taste of summer...Some thunderstorms occured around Paris, around 8:45pm, but it seems that it didn't washed the stadium ( I was already outside ).

Some comings and goings through the courts : first I saw the talent and fighting spirit of Vera Zvonareva (she won 6/3 6/4 against Sanchez-Lorenzo), I went to see Babsi/Husarova against the Aussie team Barclay/McQuillan, then rushed to court 6 to see Dani/Chanda against Tchernobylabini/ChewingVis...ahem...no way this folk pair would have beaten our girls. One seems to have escaped from a sarcophagus, and the other one was chewing relaxed like in a sunday walk to catch butterflies with her net...

Chanda was once again, like thursday, the best player among the 4, with bright shots, solid confidence. She made such incredible points that the opponents laughed of admiration, and so did Dani. It was not some shy smiles, but laughs of real joy : the crowd, the opponents, Dani : simultaneous cheerings for Chanda !
And like thursday, this brought confidence to Dani, who played even better today. A lot of winners, volleys, supersonic returns. But still this lack of power on serves, and above all on smashes. I wrote it two days ago, and unfortunately I have to write it once again : today, for instance, she had to play 7 smashes : 6 failed because of their extreme weakness (the opponents replayed them), and one succeeded only because of its angle. As it was the same thursday, the report is terrible : a miracle weird angle was ok, and all the rest of the smashes
were weak and not definitive.

Bad new : the return of many looks at Nigel after the missed points, which she did not once two days ago...This organic link...
Once, after a great game won thanks to Dani's shots, Nigel applauded her silently , eyes in the eyes, during the rest time. Graham, Joe, AllT...each one will appreciate this differently...

Anyway, it was a very pleasant match. Very big crowd for the autographs, I'm surprised because this began slowly monday, and now it's a big crowd movement that asks and follows her.
Then happened the unthinkable : I asked her an authograph ! :eek: first time of my life !! :eek:
but actually... ;) it was on Naomi's (kim&lleytonrule) request ! :D She asked me that favour sooooo kindly that it was impossible to resist ! My weakness is like somebody's one mentionned above...aaaargh...Naomi, I was GLAD to do it thinking it will please you !!! Now this piece of paper, probably coming from a Finland forest, filled with japanese ink by the sweet and
winged hand of a Slovakian princess will fly to Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia...

End of the afternoon spent to watch the 5 set match between Hewitt and Robredo, in a corrida atmosphere
in court 1. Lot of Spaniards, lot of cheerings, lot of "Ola" waves by the crowd...(Victory of Tommy Robredo).

I don't know yet if I'll go again this year. If Dani goes far in the doubles, probably yes. If Maria S. :devil: is in the junior draw, maybe, who knows...
Anyway, my pleasure this year was increased tenfold
because of you all, Cocktailers :) I was glad to think each day that I will share with you my feelings in my evening reports, my Roland Garros 2003 was much better than other years because of you all : so THANKS !
May each year we still be there !

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Paul

GrahamD
May 31st, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hi all :wavey:

Paul,

On behalf of The Cocktail Party I'd like to say a very big thank you to you for all of your reports this week. We've really enjoyed reading them, and although our girl hasn't been in the best of form, it's seems she is now starting to enjoy things a little bit more with Chanda. Let's hope they can keep on winning, and hopefully, you will be able to get to see them again next week. What are the chances of our ace reporter coming over for Wimbledon then? ;)

~|Naomi|~
Jun 1st, 2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks sooooo much Paul :kiss: :worship:

lee station
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the report, Paul! Let's hope the team can continue on winning!

paulhc
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:55 AM
Paul,

What are the chances of our ace reporter coming over for Wimbledon then? ;)

Slim, I fear :sad: :sad: :sad:

GrahamD
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:40 PM
Dani and Chanda will play Kutnetsova and Martina Nav in the next round of the doubles after they polished off their delayed game today by taking the 3rd set 6-4, having saved a match point in the 2nd set.

The good news is Chanda seems to be playing really well at the mo and is in the QF of the singles where she will play Justine after beating Petra Mandula in three sets today.

GrahamD
Jun 1st, 2003, 07:26 PM
What a fantastic day :D

http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-xjump.gif

:worship: Vera Zvonereva :worship: beat Williams hehe!http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif

:worship: Nadia Petrova :worship: beat Capriati hehe!http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif - Doubtie will be pleased :D

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/cart127.gif

No Doubt
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:07 PM
:worship: Nadia Petrova :worship: beat Capriati hehe!http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif - Doubtie will be pleased :D

You know it graham!!!! :wavey: :D :D :D
(Go Petrova!!)

omg tho, i didnt realise V.Williams lost!! :bounce: ...ahh...i mean :sad: ..no actually i do mean :bounce: :p
:devil:

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 1st, 2003, 08:15 PM
COURT 1 11:00 AM Start

1. Men's Doubles
followed by:

2. Legend's Doubles

3. Women's Doubles - 3rd Rnd.
:worship: Daniela Hantuchova :worship: and Chanda Rubin

vs.

Svetlana Kuznetsova and Martina Navratilova

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:44 PM
What a fantastic day :D

http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-xjump.gif

:worship: Vera Zvonereva :worship: beat Williams hehe!http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif

I saw that one :bounce: I was screaming and cheering really loud for the russian girl when Venus' end drew nearer. That's nothing unusual especially when Dani plays but this was at my parents' home and they were kinda :confused: hehe :cool:

Later on my father made me freak out because he asked me if Zvonareva is also one of the cute young russians and when I answered "No, not really, they aren't that cute" he said that he thought there are more cute russians like Daniela Hantuchova :eek: :eek: russian... :rolleyes: SLOVAKIAN !!! :bounce:
At least there is nothing wrong with his taste :cool:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Dani and Chanda were 3-0 up in the first against Martina Nav & Co. Two breaks already but now 3-3 :(

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Dani and Chanda were 3-0 up in the first against Martina Nav & Co. Two breaks already but now 3-3 :(

Just broken back again - now 4-3 :D

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:38 PM
Just broken back again - now 4-3 :D

Damn :( 4-4 I make that 8 games and 6 breaks. :rolleyes:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Damn :( 4-4 I make that 8 games and 6 breaks. :rolleyes:

Make that 7 out of 9 - 5-4 :D Now hold :rolleyes:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Make that 7 out of 9 - 5-4 :D Now hold :rolleyes:

Yes!! 6-4 :D

Go girls :bounce: :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
sorry, I'm late :rolleyes:

GO GIRLS :bounce:

1st set: applause applause :D hoooray !!

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:05 PM
uuhh, bad start into the 2nd:

1 - 3 :(

C'mon girls, rebreak rebreak!!

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:17 PM
Well done, 3 - 4 :)

Now hold, break, hold again and you have beaten the no.6 seeds :bounce: ;)

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
graham, where are you man? :confused:

Dinner?

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Dani serves...

Hold girl, HOLD !! :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:29 PM
Dani serves...

Hold girl, HOLD !! :bounce:

Grrrr :( 3-5 Dani serve lets the team down again :rolleyes:

Pfftt 3-6 :(

Now take them in the third (please!!)

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:31 PM
graham, where are you man? :confused:

Dinner?

Errmm, driving home from work!!!

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:31 PM
shooot, there goes the 2nd set :(

I hope Chanda doesn't get :fiery: because of Dani's serve...
C'mon Dani, your serve is much better than that :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:32 PM
Errmm, driving home from work!!!

ROFL, forgot those time zones again... :rolleyes:

you are one hour behind :p

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:40 PM
2-0 :D

C'mon :bounce: :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:46 PM
way to go :D

dani's serve deuce again...

C'mon Dani :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:46 PM
She hold :D Well done Dani :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:53 PM
3 - 2 only...

Now Chanda lost her serve :(

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:55 PM
3 - 2 only...

Now Chanda lost her serve :(

Please don't throw away a 3-0 final set lead :mad: :(

C'mon :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM

0-40
40-40

3-3 :(

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
Fight Dani Fight !! :bounce:

This is your last chance to continue being actively involved in the tournament...

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:01 PM
hmm, my bad: it was dani who lost her serve... :(

And chanda has problems too:

40 - 00 now 40 - 40 ...

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:05 PM
0-40
40-40

3-3 :(

Now Dani loses her serve after being 40-15 up and failing after about 5 deuces. Four games lost in a row, I fear the worst now. :(

Confused :confused: Whatever, whoever, the serve was broken :(

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:06 PM

damn... don't mention it :( they just threw it away :mad:

This isn't lost!! Pull yourself together and then bring them down !! :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:07 PM
Now Dani loses her serve after being 40-15 up and failing after about 5 deuces. Four games lost in a row, I fear the worst now. :(

:confused: I thought Chanda lost this time...

anyway, they both lost their last serve and that's not good at all :(

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:08 PM
2 BP :bounce:

NOW make use of them!!

moogle san
4 - 4 phew :)

GrahamD
damn... don't mention it :( they just threw it away :mad:

This isn't lost!! Pull yourself together and then bring them down !! :bounce:

That's better - break :bounce: Now 4-4 :D

C'mon girls :bounce: :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:11 PM
Phew 5-4 :D Now break 'em and finish it off :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:11 PM
Dani serves: ( C'mon Dani :bounce: )

15 - 00
15 - 15
15 - 30
30 - 30 hold, hold, hold !!
40 - 30 oowhee, that's good servin now :)

Gaaaaame HANTUCHOVA + RUBIN :bounce:

Now bring yourself home safely into the next round :D

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:15 PM
One MP blown :(

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:16 PM
One MP blown :(

Dammit - lost a match point now 5-5 :(

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:16 PM
whatevernova serves:

15 - 00
15 - 15 :) three left !!
15 - 30 two more, two more :eek: <--- gettin' excited
30 - 30 girls, stay cool!!
30 - 40 MP !!! :D
40 - 40 one wasted :(
Ad - 40 damn...

5 - 5 :(

Gotta go :sad:

C'mon girls, bring it home :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:21 PM
Dammit - lost a match point now 5-5 :(

30-40 down - won it afater a couple of deuces - now 6-5 :D
C'mon, one last push now :bounce:

joegerardi
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:24 PM
7-5 Dani and Chanda win!

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:25 PM
Another MP!!

Game, set and match Miss Hantuchova and Miss Rubin 6-4 3-6 7-5

Way to go girls :bounce: :bounce:

Whoohoo!!! :D :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:26 PM
7-5 Dani and Chanda win!

:wavey: Joe

Have you just got here? Nice timing :D

I'm gonna send you a PM in a minute ;)

joegerardi
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I got back to the office for the first time in a week, and have been just BURIED in work. Haven't had time to look at anything.

..Joe

GrahamD
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:36 PM
Dani and Chanda now play Bovina and Molik in the QF after they had a walkover past the #3 seeds Davenport and Raymond due to Lindsay's injury.

Good luck! :D

:bounce:

alltennis69
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:38 PM
Hey Guys :wavey:

VERY NICE to see Dani and Chanda fight back and win this one. :bounce:

Unfortunately like Joe, buried in work :( and in the middle of a move....but will try to keep posting.. I also owe a few replies...

best AllT.

joegerardi
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
Graham:
PM'd you back...

..Joe

moogle san
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:44 PM
Dani, Chanda: :worship:

Just returned from the pub and you completed my day :D Very cool :wavey:

Good luck for the next round :bounce: Now everything is possible :D

lee station
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:48 PM
Congrats girls!!!!! :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tarsius
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:11 PM
Great work! A Grand Slam doubles title doesn't seem so distant now. Keep it up Dani and Chanda!

Too bad I can't root for Chanda in the singles...

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:53 PM
Wow Dani and Chanda!!!1 Impressive!!! Continue your great run!

GrahamD
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:05 PM
So Chanda lost in the singles to Justine. While I feel sorry for her I also think this is a good thing for our Dani. Chanda will now not have any distractions like a SF to worry about and now she can purely concentrate on getting the SF of the doubles with Dani. On the other hand, she could be thoroughly pissed off about losing and put in a stinking performance, but I'm sure her mind will be focused on making up for that disappointment by trying to do better in doubles. I seriously think they have a good chance against Bovina and Molik but I think they have to meet the #1's in the SF.

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:52 PM
LENGLEN 12 PM Start

Elena Bovina (RUS) & Alicia Molik (AUS)
vs.
:worship: Daniela :worship: & :worship: Chanda :worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:20 PM
LENGLEN 12 PM Start

Elena Bovina (RUS) & Alicia Molik (AUS)
vs.
:worship: Daniela :worship: & :worship: Chanda :worship:

tomorrow right????! MAN! thats like fucking 6am here!!!!!!! :mad:

Go Daniela and Chanda!

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:25 PM
tomorrow right????! MAN! thats like fucking 6am here!!!!!!! :mad:

Go Daniela and Chanda!

Yao Girl!! Tomorrow!

You better get some ZZZleep before the game then :)

lee station
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:27 PM
PODME DANIELA!!!! C'MON CHANDA!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 3rd, 2003, 08:52 PM
Yao Girl!! Tomorrow!

You better get some ZZZleep before the game then :)

eh i may love Daniela THAT much.. but at 6am im sleeping like a baby man!!!! besides.. i have school to go too!!! :rolleyes:

less than a week of school left!! ALLEUIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

marquinho_85
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:31 PM
eh i may love Daniela THAT much.. but at 6am im sleeping like a baby man!!!! besides.. i have school to go too!!! :rolleyes:

less than a week of school left!! ALLEUIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tomorrow's my last day of school!!! ;) :cool: :bounce: :bounce:

marquinho_85
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:52 PM
But I don't know if ESPN is broadcasting dani's match, i dont think they will, anyways I'll get up earlier tomorrow hoping to see the most beautiful figure the TV can show.

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 10:21 AM
But I don't know if ESPN is broadcasting dani's match, i dont think they will, anyways I'll get up earlier tomorrow hoping to see the most beautiful figure the TV can show.

Doubles has started - first game to the other side after our girls had a BP

C'mon girls :bounce:

Oh dear :( Chanda just got broke, now 1-3 :mad:

Immediate break back :D Dani now serving at 2-3

D&C held and then broke again - now 4-3 up :D C'mon :bounce:

Four games on the spin now as Chanda holds - now 5-3 :D

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Wow!! Way to go girls :bounce: First set 6-3 after being 1-3 down. Yeehaa!!

C'mon Dani and Chanda :bounce: :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Wow!! Way to go girls :bounce: First set 6-3 after being 1-3 down. Yeehaa!!

C'mon Dani and Chanda :bounce: :bounce:

Dani holds to love and then breaks them in half , now 2-0 and cruisin' :D :bounce: :bounce:

3-0 :D :D

8 games on the :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Dani holds to love and then breaks them in half , now 2-0 and cruisin' :D :bounce: :bounce:

3-0 :D :D

8 games on the :bounce:

Make that 4-0 and 9 !!!!! :D

Why do I not feel the slightest sympathy for Molik? :devil:

Correction - 5-0 and 10!!!! :D :D :D

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:00 AM
YAHOO GIRLS!!!!

C'mon!!!! :D

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM
6-3 6-1!!!!!!! :]]]]]

Daniela and Chanda....you are the greatest!! :D

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:09 AM
YAHOO GIRLS!!!!

C'mon!!!! :D

Semi Final here we come!!!!!!WhoooHooo!!! :bounce: :bounce:

6-3 6-1 (shame about the bagel) :D

:kiss: Dani :kiss: :worship: Chanda :worship:

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Semi Final here we come!!!!!!WhoooHooo!!! :bounce: :bounce:

6-3 6-1 (shame about the bagel) :D

:kiss: Dani :kiss: :worship: Chanda :worship:

Yepp!!! Semi final!!! :D

This tournament turned out pretty well after all!!! :bounce: :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 11:28 AM

Slight snag here - they have to play the winners of Pascual/Suarez (#1 seeds) and Husarova / Schett.

C'mon Janette and Babsi!! :bounce: :bounce:

Jeez, just realised England have to play Slovakia in a Euro footy qualifier next week - who am I gonna support? :confused:

paulhc
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:55 PM

Wonderful new !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fan22
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Slight snag here - they have to play the winners of Pascual/Suarez (#1 seeds) and Husarova / Schett.

C'mon Janette and Babsi!! :bounce: :bounce:

Jeez, just realised England have to play Slovakia in a Euro footy qualifier next week - who am I gonna support? :confused:

Unless the slovak team fields anyone who looks even remotely like Dani, I think you are safe rooting for your own lads on this one.....*smile*

;) :o ;)

mousee
Jun 4th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Chanda is really great :) i think that matches with her will help our Dani-she's smiling now and her mood is great-and we all need this :)
GO GO GO

beauty_is_pink
Jun 4th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Chanda is really great :) i think that matches with her will help our Dani-she's smiling now and her mood is great-and we all need this :)
GO GO GO

i can definitely say that Daniela enjoys playing doubles.. it takes the stress and pressure off of her shoulders... when i saw her played with Kevin and Chanda.. they helped kept her calm and happy... they balanced each other out... Daniela is the one that keeps them moving and going, and they keep Daniela calm and concentrated...

Good Luck Girls!!! :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:16 PM
I was watching eurosport this evening....and there where a ITF award yesterday....and they showed:

http://w1.830.telia.com/~u83004088/DanielaAtITFaward03june2003.mpg

:cool:

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:29 PM
I was watching eurosport this evening....and there where a ITF award yesterday....and they showed:

http://w1.830.telia.com/~u83004088/DanielaAtITFaward03june2003.mpg

:cool:

Whatever this is, I can't see it. What programme on Esport and what did they show please?

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Whatever this is, I can't see it. What programme on Esport and what did they show please?

Why can't you see it? What program are you using?

The program was tennis 20:00-22:00, and they showed 3˝ sec of Daniela in her blue ACE-cover dress/outfit.

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Why can't you see it? What program are you using?

The program was tennis 20:00-22:00, and they showed 3˝ sec of Daniela in her blue ACE-cover dress/outfit.

Looks like my quick time player was trying to open this up - should be done for the trade description act - more like slow time. Anyway, the prog is on again at 1230 tonight, so I'll tape it. Whereabouts in the programme was it?

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Looks like my quick time player was trying to open this up - should be done for the trade description act - more like slow time. Anyway, the prog is on again at 1230 tonight, so I'll tape it. Whereabouts in the programme was it?

5 minutes before the end or somehing like that.

Save the file on your HD, and try with windows media player.

GrahamD
Jun 4th, 2003, 09:31 PM
5 minutes before the end or somehing like that.

Save the file on your HD, and try with windows media player.

Thanks - :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: She has such a fantastic smile. :D

And talking of videos, I got one from Sports Resources today of the match I saw at GDF against Dementieva. I know it's a bit torturous watching Dani lose, but as I was there.....anyway, there's lots of nice off court footage of Dani as well as a small interview and lots of that lovely smile while she is warming up, so it's not all that bad. In fact, it's fantastic :drool:

GrahamD
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:19 PM
So, the French Open then..........didn't turn out so bad after all..........both the Williams' on a plane home :wavey: :wavey: before Daniela :D That is soooooooooooo funny :devil: :devil: :devil: http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif http://homepages.compuserve.de/Susasami3/Smiles/smiley1/sm-stinky%20rot.gif

:worship: Justine :worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:17 PM
LENGLEN 1:00 PM Start
1. Women's Doubles - Semis
Cara Black (ZIM)[4]
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[4]
vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[2]
Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[2]

followed by:
2. Women's Doubles - Semis
Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)[1]
Paola Suarez (ARG)[1]
vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[9]
Chanda Rubin (USA)[9]

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Good Luck Ladies! mwa!

and cant forget...

THANK-YOU JUSTINE! YOU MADE MY DAY!!! and proved my Dad wrong!!! :devil:
Good Luck Kim and Justine!!! :kiss:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:18 PM
LENGLEN 1:00 PM Start
1. Women's Doubles - Semis
Cara Black (ZIM)[4]
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS)[4]
vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[2]
Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[2]

followed by:
2. Women's Doubles - Semis
Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)[1]
Paola Suarez (ARG)[1]
vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[9]
Chanda Rubin (USA)[9]

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Good Luck Ladies! mwa!

oh.. They're ACTUALLY playing on a REAL court.. not like one of those unknown courts.. Court#16 17... Court XXX :rolleyes:

moogle san
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:23 PM
So, the French Open then..........didn't turn out so bad after all..........both the Williams' on a plane home :wavey: :wavey: before Daniela :D

ROFLMAO! That's true :D

Dani :bounce: Chanda :bounce: Good luck for tomorrow :wavey:
Heard that today one no.1 seed fell :devil: so why not in doubles as well :cool:

Justine, I wish I could have seen it but I only saw the first break :worship: Good luck to Belgium in the singles final ;) I like both :)

Cheer Dani (+ Chanda) for me tomorrow, I'll be on the road to my little holiday break :D

No Doubt
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Oh good! so i wasnt the only one who ran round their house screaming after justine beat serena!? ;) :o Yes THAT is how happy i was earlier, makes a change from shouting abuse at jelena or dani when they fuck up.....i mean....hit a rare unforced error!! :D

:rolleyes:

GrahamD
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Heard that today one no.1 seed fell :devil: so why not in doubles as well :cool:

Cheer Dani (+ Chanda) for me tomorrow, I'll be on the road to my little holiday break :D

And today, Suarez and Woodbridge, the #1 seeds on the mixed also lost so there is still hope for our girls. Hopefully Suarez will be under the weather after her defeat today.

Enjoy your holiday Moog, but no, I'm sorry, we won't be doing any cheering for you :(

LOL!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: jk!! ;)

Tarsius
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:03 PM
This is the year of upsets:

Lakers out in the semis
Tiger Woods lost the last major
Real Madrid out of the UEFA Champions League
Serena out of Roland Garros

GO DANI/CHANDA!!

moogle san
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:03 PM
And today, Suarez and Woodbridge, the #1 seeds on the mixed also lost so there is still hope for our girls. Hopefully Suarez will be under the weather after her defeat today.

Enjoy your holiday Moog, but no, I'm sorry, we won't be doing any cheering for you :(

:eek: don't do that again !! you really scared me :eek:

:bounce: Go Dani Go Chanda!! Good luck and go for the trophy!! :bounce:

I'm off. Good night everyone :wavey:

Tarsius
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Oh good! so i wasnt the only one who ran round their house screaming after justine beat serena!?
*raises hand*

GrahamD
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Doubles has just started. C'mon girls :bounce: :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:40 PM
:D Great start - Suarez broken :devil: 1-0 :bounce: :D

Whoops! :( First set lost 2-6 :sad:

C'mon!! :bounce: :bounce:

GrahamD
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Break!! Now 3-2 up in the 2nd with Dani serving :D

:bounce: :bounce:

Oh dear Dani!! 3-3 :(

3-5 :( #1's serving for match.

Break 4-5 :D

C'mon girls, hold now! :bounce:

Yep! 5-5 :bounce:

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:07 PM
noooooo :-(

GrahamD
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:10 PM
noooooo :-(

All over :sad: 2-6 6-7(5)

Great fightback from 3-5 to take it to a TB which was close in the end. I'm so proud of Dani (and Chanda) for doing much better than expected here and this gives great hopes for a long and successful partnership. Let's not forget that they've only played a handful of games together so this is a fantastic achievement. :D

chapel
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:14 PM

Great fightback from 3-5 to take it to a TB which was close in the end. I'm so proud of Dani (and Chanda) for doing much better than expected here and this gives great hopes for a long and successful partnership. Let's not forget that they've only played a handful of games together so this is a fantastic achievement. :D

but dani's pairing up with jen cap for eastbourne, right?

No Doubt
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM

really??? :eek: wow that would be cool!!

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Yepp.....they are a great team: Rubiela Hantuchanda hehe

chapel
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
really??? :eek: wow that would be cool!!

im not quite sure.........i think i read it on the GM board

No Doubt
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Yepp.....they are a great team: Rubiela Hantuchanda hehe

ROFLMAO!!!
Now thats a mouthful!!! :)

lee station
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks for trying and fighting, girls!

GrahamD
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Yep, I remember reading that some time ago, but that was when Dani was struggling (not literally) with Meghann and looking for a partner. Now she seems to have found a suitable partner I wonder if she might renege on that agreement with JenCap now.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 6th, 2003, 07:31 PM
No Jen!!! i saw KIM CLIJSTERS! listen to me Daniela.!!! i kno whats best! ;)

hahah but CHanda is STILL good! go with Chanda!

that'll be a slap in the face for Chanda if Daniela played with Jen!

lee station
Jun 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Kim will be busy teaming up with Sugiyama I guess.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 6th, 2003, 07:34 PM
No Jen!!! i saw KIM CLIJSTERS! listen to me Daniela.!!! i kno whats best! ;)

hahah but CHanda is STILL good! go with Chanda!

that'll be a slap in the face for Chanda if Daniela played with Jen!

i mean SAY... i SAY* KIM CLIJSTERS

man... school doesnt help at all! :rolleyes:

moogle san
Jun 9th, 2003, 02:32 PM
hmmm... doubles :sad: but where was all the cheering for the half-final?! :confused: only graham was here to cheer for them... I was excused :angel: No internet, I couldn't even use my mobile :eek: :mad: right in the middle of nowhere with a lot of beer :D
...and a massive sunburn on my chest :rolleyes:

but all in all it was a great tourney for dani - at least regarding doubles... :(

Congrats to Justine :worship: , although Kimmie would have also been nice.
A Williams-free final was very nice for a change :)
And I watched a bit of Ferrero's final (at least we had tv ;) ) and I gotta say: great tennis :) I guess pinky was completely out of her mind for a whole day :p

beauty_is_pink
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:24 PM
And I watched a bit of Ferrero's final (at least we had tv ;) ) and I gotta say: great tennis :) I guess pinky was completely out of her mind for a whole day :p

yeh i was REALLI prouded of my juan!...

AND i found out he has a girlfriend.. :sad:

haha o weell i still have MARAT :hearts: