PDA

View Full Version : AUSSIE QUIZ, Some Very Hard, Hard and Mediocre Questions, Try Your Luck!!!

AUSBOY
May 17th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Give it a go, please dont cheat and search the net for answers, spoils it for everyone!

1.) Apart from Alicia Molik, name the other TWO Aussies that have winning head to heads against Daniela Hantuchova? (Since 2000, so not junior results!)

2.) Which Aussie player has been linked to Rainer Schuttler 2003 Aust Open Finalist?

3.) Which TWO Aussies, in the most recent instance, both had a victory over a top 16 seed in a Grand Slam in the same calendar year, actually in successive slams!

4.) Which two Aussies share the same career high in the top 100 since 1993?

5.) Match the players to their career high singles rank

Barclay
Grahame
McShea
Stewart
Watson
Wheeler

a/ 131
b/ 135
c/ 139
d/ 153
e/ 157
f/ 159

6.) Which CURRENT Aussie player (Not Dokic!) has the most wins over top 10 players??

7.) Which Aussie player won 9 ITF Doubles titles in 2000? And its not McShea!

8.) Which Aussie Player (or Freak after reading this!) on their WTA Profile pronounces their huge admiration for the Dalai Lama and Gandhi! Yes this is true!! :eek: :rolleyes:

9.) Birmingham has been a tournament that Aussies have always done well at. Evie got her first WTA victory there, Mcshea/McQuillan won the doubles, Stubbs took a set of Graf, Musgrave won a main draw match there! Guse reached the Quarter Finals, Kristine reached the semi's as a Kunce and as a Radford, and Pratt reached the semis there last year BUT which Aussie player went a step better and reached the Singles final there in the 1990's?

10.) Which Aussie player made their overseas Grand Slam debut as a lucky loser only to draw and lose to Jana Novotna?

TS
May 17th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Here we go!

1.) Apart from Alicia Molik, name the other TWO Aussies that have winning head to heads against Daniela Hantuchova? (Since 2000, so not junior results!)
I'm assuming it's from when Dani was playing challengers? I have no idea :o Or is this a trick question and you mean in doubles? lol, trust me to answer a question with a question :p

2.) Which Aussie player has been linked to Rainer Schuttler 2003 Aust Open Finalist?
Er no idea....Alicia Molik?

3.) Which TWO Aussies, in the most recent instance, both had a victory over a top 16 seed in a Grand Slam in the same calendar year, actually in successive slams!

The names I can come up with that beat top 16 seeds recently are : McQuillan (Martinez, US 97), Dokic*if she still counts* (Hingis, Wimby 99), Molik (Schett, US 01), Pratt (Farina, AO 03)...that's from memory, I know Im forgetting others but I cant think right now and I refuse to cheat :angel:

Evie Dominikovic and Kerry-Anne Guse? (64).

Barclay - 159
Grahame - 157
McShea - 139
Stewart - 135
Watson -131
Wheeler - 153

6.) Which CURRENT Aussie player (Not Dokic!) has the most wins over top 10 players??
Alicia Molik?

Er, no idea! Rachel McQuillan?

8.) Which Aussie Player (or Freak after reading this!) on their WTA Profile pronounces their huge admiration for the Dalai Lama and Gandhi! Yes this is true!!
Christina Wheeler! I remember reading her new WTA profile not too long ago :)

9.) Birmingham has been a tournament that Aussies have always done well at. Evie got her first WTA victory there, Mcshea/McQuillan won the doubles, Stubbs took a set of Graf, Musgrave won a main draw match there! Guse reached the Quarter Finals, Kristine reached the semi's as a Kunce and as a Radford, and Pratt reached the semis there last year BUT which Aussie player went a step better and reached the Singles final there in the 1990's?
Didn't Danielle Jones once beat Amy Frazier there? :o Anyway, was it Jenny Byrne? Don't know the year...was it 1990?

10.) Which Aussie player made their overseas Grand Slam debut as a lucky loser only to draw and lose to Jana Novotna?
No idea. I'll guess...Lisa McShea?

AUSBOY
May 17th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Hehehe, u get 3.166 out of 10!!

With Question 1, I am talking singles and these wins against Daniella did NOT come at Challenger/Satellite Level!

TS
May 17th, 2003, 02:06 PM
LOL. 3?

Gosh I suck :o

I know I definately got 8, and most of 5. lol

broncosven
May 18th, 2003, 12:22 AM
OK well cest al vie

1 - ill say Jelena Dokic (when she was playing for australia) if not Evie and Amanda Graheme

2 - Christina Wheller

3 - Nicole Pratt and Racheal Mcquillian

4 - Evie and Racheal

5 - Watson 133
Bryanna Stewart 135
Lisa mcShea 139
Barclay 157
Wheller 159
Graheme 170

6 - Alicia molik

7 - Catherine Barclay

8 - Christina Wheller

9 - Nicole Bradkte-Provis

10 - thining kerry ann guse or annabell ellwood

AUSBOY
May 18th, 2003, 02:43 AM
broncosven gets 2/10!

Try and give the full information for questions 1, 3, 4, 6 and 10, and not just the name of the player as Im not giving full marks for that.

TS I'm upgrading ur score to 3.917/10 because you had a couple of questions partially right!

Mattographer
May 18th, 2003, 03:59 AM
1. Nicole Pratt and Jelena Dokic?
2. Lisa McShea?
3. Dokic (Wimbledon 99), Molik (Roland Garros 99?)
4. Annabel and Evie?
5. I'm lazy...
6. Rachel McQuillan (Davenport 95, Martinez 97, Pierce 01)
7. Sarah Stone?
10. Amanda Grahame?

AUSBOY
May 18th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Congratulations Alex, 1/10!

Mattographer
May 18th, 2003, 04:06 AM
1 of 10 corrected? :worship:

chris1897
May 18th, 2003, 10:11 AM
1. dominikovic? , pratt?
2. dominkovic?
3..molik.. US open beating shett? 2001?
?????
4. ??
5. watson -131
stewart - 135
wheeler - 139
grahame - 153
barclay - 157
mcshea - 159
6. molik
7. sarah stone
8. wheeler
9. mcquillan?
10. guse?

AUSBOY
May 18th, 2003, 11:24 AM
chris1897, your score is 1.5/10!

Come on people, TS is the best so far!

TS
May 18th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Naturally :angel:

TS
May 18th, 2003, 11:51 AM
...although someone like louloubelle will no doubt come in here and put us all to shame :p

rusty_red_head
May 18th, 2003, 11:58 AM
.) Apart from Alicia Molik, name the other TWO Aussies that have winning head to heads against Daniela Hantuchova? (Since 2000, so not junior results!)

Rachel McQuillan(2000 Wibledon 2000) /Annabell Ellwood(A US challenger)

Adriana Szili

kerry ann guse(Wimbledon 97, 3th Seed Kimberley Po), Rachel McQuillan (US Open 97, 7th seed Conchita Martinez)

Evie Dominikovic and Kerry-Anne Guse (64)

Barclay: 157
Grahame: 159
McShea: 139
Stewart: 135
Watson: 131
Wheeler: 153

Rachel McQuillan (Davenport 95, Martinez 97, Pierce 01)

Trudy Musgrave

8.) Which Aussie Player (or Freak after reading this!) on their WTA Profile pronounces their huge admiration for the Dalai Lama and Gandhi! Yes this is true!!
Christina Wheeler

Nicole Bradkte-Provis

kerry ann guse

Mattographer
May 18th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Cheater *cough* :p

louloubelle
May 18th, 2003, 12:46 PM
...although someone like louloubelle will no doubt come in here and put us all to shame :p
:p No bloody chance of that, my memory has suffered greatly from too many tequila slammer nights.

Some clarification first....

For no. 6 - does this mean the player had to defeat the top 10 player when they were actually in the top 10, OR just beating a player who was once a top 10 player. Eg. Molik beat Brenda Schultz when she was coming back from injury - but no where near the top 10 at that stage.

And what does this mean????
QUOTE - Try and give the full information for questions 1, 3, 4, 6 and 10, and not just the name of the player as Im not giving full marks for that.

Great post BTW :bounce:

AUSBOY
May 18th, 2003, 12:55 PM
LOL @ AlexSydney

Yes I think Rusty may have cheated with Question 5 and cut and paste Question 6! LOL

Rusty's score though is 5.25/10!

Mattographer
May 18th, 2003, 03:46 PM
LOL @ AlexSydney

Yes I think Rusty may have cheated with Question 5 and cut and paste Question 6! LOL

Rusty's score though is 5.25/10!
Excatly!! :p

AUSBOY
May 20th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Anyone wanna have 1 last crack???????

Answers will be revealed in 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samhatz
May 22nd, 2003, 03:50 AM
Give it a go, please dont cheat and search the net for answers, spoils it for everyone!
OK - here goes - and as a disclaimer...I cheated on qns 5 and 6 (used info already posted)

this was easy - Barclay and McQuillan both beat her in qualifying in 2000 - i knew this from Barclays records

Lleyton Hewitt!!

In all seriousness I'm going to guess Alicia Molik

Easy again - '97 was as good year as McQuillan and Guse provided some surprises

i knew dominikovic was 64 but guse was higher i was sure...and stubbs was around there - so i'm going to say Dominikovic and Stubbs (before stubbs retired from singles play)

Barclay
Grahame
McShea
Stewart
Watson
Wheeler

a/ 131 - Watson
b/ 135 - Stewart
c/ 139 - McShea
d/ 153 - Wheeler
e/ 157 - Barclay
f/ 159 - Grahame

Some pretty poor efforts here from players who are/were capable of top 100!

Mc Quillan - i knew it was her, but i didn't realise it was against those mentioned

I'm saying Ellwood, but I'm sure she was only about 5 and the other players i'd consider would be McShea or Musgrave

8.) Which Aussie Player (or Freak after reading this!) on their WTA Profile pronounces their huge admiration for the Dalai Lama and Gandhi! Yes this is true!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Thanks Christina Wheeler...

I reckon this was back in the early 90s when Jenny Byrne was capable of winning matches!

Again - my fave Aussie did this...poor thing....stoopid Novotna.... GO GO NICOLE PRATT!

samhatz
May 22nd, 2003, 03:52 AM
actually i'm changing question 2 to stosur

samhatz
May 22nd, 2003, 03:57 AM
additional info for 3 is Guse d. Po-Messerli (13)
McQuillan d. Martinez (7)