PDA

View Full Version : May I invite all HK posters to come in?

Happy Guy
Jan 20th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Hello, friends from HK!! I'm a Student studying for my public exam soon. Let's have a chat here. Seems I have lost in touch with miranda...:( An!

Happy Guy
Jan 20th, 2002, 08:38 PM
When can I become a Member on this board? More than how many posts?

per4ever
Jan 20th, 2002, 09:29 PM
50 I think....I'm a senior senior senior senior....member I guess :rolleyes:

Martian KC
Jan 20th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Miranda comes later in the day......:) You'll have to wait like 8 hours.lol

Miranda
Jan 21st, 2002, 06:38 AM
hello happy guy, I am always here, what lost? Its you who lost for some times ;). Isn't your public examination is scheduled on June?

Miranda
Jan 21st, 2002, 06:42 AM
and forgot to ask: have you watched Jennifer life this year, two of your favourites in final, you should be very happy :D

Martian KC
Jan 21st, 2002, 06:45 AM
I was right.....right on time.;)

Miranda
Jan 21st, 2002, 06:51 AM
yes you are white, the 5 hairs left on your head are all white, poor K C :(

Happy Guy
Jan 21st, 2002, 12:59 PM
Sorry for my absence. I'm really busy to study for my AL exam, the exams are scheduled in April, busy with the Calculus, physics, etc:( I did watch live on TV between Jennifer and Elena, Jenn played well from behind and beat Elena. Exciting match!:) I didn't enter Victoria Park since the tickets were too expensive...:p Talk to you later:D

Happy Guy
Jan 21st, 2002, 12:59 PM
By the way, I'm finally a Member here!:P

Miranda
Jan 21st, 2002, 01:26 PM
oh you are a miser then ;). I think Elena actually playing sublimely but lost marginally :(.

I wish you good luck in your A1 examination, and what do you think Hui Chi On (forgot the spelling) won the best singer in TVB award justified? actually I think he is not that popular :rolleyes:

congradulations for being a member :D

Happy Guy
Jan 21st, 2002, 01:30 PM
As you know, my favourite Miriam Yeung didn't have many awards, but I start to appreciate the performance of the shows instead of the award winners. Andy Hui is also diligent and deserves the prize, and actually I am sick of the way that all important awards should be given to Aaron or Andy Lau just because they are the top singers, even though their music last year was nothing spectacular:(

By the way, is wongqks also from HK?

Miranda
Jan 21st, 2002, 01:33 PM
well, don't be angry, honestly I think Miriam is lovely but not really signs too well :o but I also like her coz seems she is friendly. I only like Aaron's handsome look, he is unbeatable in his look ;).

wong is also from HK.

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2002, 04:51 PM
Hey hello, I am from Hong Kong as well, nice to meet you guys

Happy Guy
Jan 21st, 2002, 05:45 PM
Hello
Can I ask your profession?;)

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2002, 05:57 PM
I am a uni student in UK, how about you? You are a student as well?

Rising Sun
Jan 21st, 2002, 10:23 PM
Sorry, I'm not from HK, but I'm wondering if some of you could help me translate some of the names from this survey:

http://appledaily.atnext.com/images/apple-photos/640pix/20020108/Article_news/newx111.gif

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 21st, 2002, 10:54 PM
Well, not from HK, but not far away...: Taiwan. But I'm not there now... :rolleyes: :confused:

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:09 PM
Hello Danker, I will translate top 10 for you first sorry cannot do more coz I got exam tomorrow

Idol in HK from people age from 12-19

1 Kelly Chen
2 Nicolas Tze
3 Eason chan
4 Sammi Cheng
5 Joey Yong
6 Mother
7 Miriam Yeung (:) :) ) I like her hehe
8 Andy Lau
9 Father
10 Aaron Kwok

Rising Sun
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:18 PM
Thanks for that, Quentin! :)

I didn't realise that Kelly was even more popular than Sammi! :o

BTW, who are Mother and Father?

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:22 PM
as in their own mum and dad :)

wongqks
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:23 PM
I am very surprised as well, but I do think Sammi fans is a little bit older, but Kelly is very popular here as well

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 21st, 2002, 11:30 PM
Andy Lau is still that popular?? That "old" man... ;)

Martian KC
Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:57 AM
Gooo Aaron Kwok!;)

destructo_girl
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Hi.

I'm cantonese, but I'm Australian. 's that okay, or is this strictly for HK'ers?

gorecki
Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:48 PM
Waaaaah? Faye Wong is only #17 in the polls? ;)

wongqks
Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:09 PM
destructo_girl and gorecki, didn't know you guys know cantonese as well :)

Happy Guy
Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:53 PM
Hi wongqks, I'm a Form 7 students, preparing for my AL exam!:(

Kelly is now very popular and she's starting her career in Japan as well!

Miranda, are you over the moon!! Monica defeated Venus!:):):) What a crucial moment to beat Venus for the first time for a Grand Slam QF!!:):)

Congratulations!:)

Happy Guy
Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:00 PM
:D

Rising Sun
Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:29 PM
What did Cecilia Cheung and Joey Yung come in this survey?

BTW Happy Guy, you like Gigi Leung too, don't you? ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:09 PM
Heeeey!!!! Wow, I didn't know that all you guys are Chinese!! And D_G!! Hey girl! :wavey:

Happy Guy
Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:16 PM
I do like Gigi Leung, but my top favourite is Miriam Yeung. Other favs are Eason Chan, Kelly Chen Alex Fong and Victor Chen (Kelly's younger brother).:)

wongqks
Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:34 PM
danker

Joey is @ 5 (sorry I spell it wrong) and Cecilia is @ 12 and Gigi at 16

Happy Guy, I like Miriam as well. and Kelly is not bad as well

Miranda
Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:16 AM
hello all :D.

wow, KingCing knows Aaron Kwok? well you have great taste, his look is unbeatable ;)

well, happy guy, I am very happy first but I will only be really happy when Monica finally wins the tournament which is very difficult given that she has a cold and her bad records against Martina who is now in good form :(

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday coz I could not get into the board :(

destructo_girl
Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:25 AM
Hi Marri!

Okay, since we're going on about our faves, I like:
Joey Yung, Aaron Kwok, Andy Hui, Miriam Yeung, Kelly Chen, Gigi Leung, Leo Ku, Chilam, Hacken Lee, Nicholas Tse, CoCo Lee

Happy Guy
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:05 PM
Jenn beat Amelie!! Go Jenn!:)

Miranda
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:22 PM
well, happy guy is really happy guy now, have you got the cable TV and can watch the match?

Path_of_thorn
Jan 23rd, 2002, 02:35 PM
HKer here!
A university student.
Nice to meet you all!!

destructo_girl
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:54 PM
Hello Path_of_Thorn :wavey:

I see you're a new poster here.

Welcome, and happy posting.

wongqks
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Happy guy,

I am lucky coz I study in UK since I am in Form 3 so much less pressure than HK.

Good luck to your AL exam, I know it is coming pretty close, so all the best.

besides, just finish my mid term second year uni exam, quite bad but hope can survive hehe.

Have a nice day everyone.

Since everyone is on their fav, I use to love Charlie Yeung (if anyone remember) and Cass Pang (still is), but now I just add in Miriam Young as well...

Miranda
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:49 AM
hello all, I forgot to tell you my favourite, its always will be Danny Chan, I don't know if you still remember him coz he died so many years ago, I like him coz I am an oddie ;)

Happy Guy
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:27 PM
I'm thrilled that Martina and Jenn are now through to the Finals again!:) Sorry miranda that Monica has lost, but I think she's pretty close to the top again and I'm sure she will win many more Grand Slams in the coming year!:)

miranda, do you know that Miriam Yeung also likes Danny Chan? Her latest album 'Miriam', which was released last September, used the purple colour as the theme. She sang a song of Danny in her 903 Live Concert last year called ߲. By the way, I also had loggin problem yesterday:(

wongqks, the atmosphere in my class is very tense now, as everybody is working very hard in order to get good grades to enter universities. When I was young, around 12, I also listened to Charlie's music. She sang very well!:) Miriam now has many more working chances in her new album and management company than when she was in Capital Artists and so hopefully she can do very well during her years in Go East.;)

Path-of-thorn, welcome!:) Where are you studying? Which year? Which faculty? Sorry for my inquisition!;)

Path_of_thorn
Jan 24th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Happy Guy: A year 3 engineering student here, it's the last year,indeed.
BTW, you are going to complete your high school studies, right?, good luck in AL!

Happy Guy
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:50 PM
thank you!:)

Miranda
Jan 25th, 2002, 12:59 PM
well, happy guy, thank you but this doesn't help coz I think this is Monica's best chance to win a slam but now .... . No need to comfort me, she is already 28, how many years to leave? I don't know why good persons always got bad lucks, Graf/Novata etc grapped last glory but Monica who suffered so much ...

well then Miriam is a girl with good taste, Danny's voice was weak but he had talent coz many songs were composed by him and his taste in dressing up was unbeatable together with his forever young looks :)

Happy Guy
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:03 PM
miranda, I know I can say nothing to comfort you, but what you can do now is to look forward to Roland Garros, another favourite court of Monica!:)

Miranda
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:22 PM
French Open? so many contenders .... but thanks, you are kind :). Although I am so old, I always act like a crying baby.

Forgot to congradulate you, you are the ultimate winner coz two are your favourites :). On man's side, I am angry that Haas lost after leading two sets to 1, he got bad lucks, interrupted by the rain, he is like Henman and Sain the great Goran, hahaha. But I don't like Safin coz now I find him arrogant and most important of all, he beat my Sampras, I am a sore loser ;)

Have a nice day :)

Happy Guy
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Hi, today is the all-favourite Aussie final for me again!:) I'm going to see the live in my friend's home since I don't have Cable TV.:(

See you then

Happy Guy
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Phew! Jenn saved 4 match points and won the Aussie again!:):):) Congratulations, I'm really happy and I think nobody is gonna say anything underestimating her again.;)

Martina is my third favourite after Jennifer and Dementieva, and I feel extremely sorry that she can't break the Grand Slam drought after getting so close to victory...and I wonder if her confidence is the lowest now...:( I really hope she can make a breakthrough but hopefully she is not going to play Jenn anymore in a Grand Slam final. I can't stop cheering for Jenn, but really mixed feeling in a match like that...very hard...

Hey, where are all HK guys and gals?;)

wongqks
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:22 PM
hey Happy Guy,

I saw the match as well on 0230 in the early morning hours hehe, I am very sorry for Martina, you can see it in her face that she is devastated but how classy to be able to give such a gracious speech, with a joke as well, something I never thought anyone can do after such a gushing defeat.

Anyway good day, and congrats that your fav won

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:32 PM
I am from Singapore, in the same time zone as you guys!! Hi :wavey:

Happy Guy
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Oh, WIlliams, I thought you are in US!;)

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:17 PM
lol... No I am not though I am commonly mistaken to be from the US :o

How are you Happy Guy?? I've been to HK before. Nice place :D

Happy Guy
Jan 27th, 2002, 08:40 AM
I love Singapore too, I've there once, and people are very nice. They speak excellent fluent English and are very polite. I love such a hygienic city!:)

Williams Rulez
Jan 27th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Singapore is smaller than HK...

Your city is always in a rush ;) But there is much to see in your city :D

Miranda
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:28 AM
hello to Williams rules :D.

Happy guy: I wonder if you could do me a favour? Have you recorded the match between Venus and Monica and the final between Hingis and Jennifer? Actually I could ask my friend who has cable TV to record for me but she doesn't like tennis and doesn't know advanced recording and some others do not have a tape recorder.

I will pay you if you got it, thanking in advance :)

Happy Guy
Jan 28th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Sorry, miranda, I don't have cable at home as well.:( I went to my friend's home to watch the live final but he doesn't have a tape recorder!:( My relatives were out as well...so I cannot help you...sorry...I want a Final copy as well......:(:(:(:(

Maybe there is replay...hoping for that......

Miranda
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:00 PM
its ok, thanks :). Well, I dislike Jennifer after her complaint on Monica's grunt but after learning that she fought off 4 match points, my admiration on he courage grows. How are your feelings? Both are your idols, actually who do you want to win? Jennifer or Hinigs? But Hinigs is quite poor coz I think losing in the final is more painful than losing in the semis ...

Happy Guy
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Hi, miranda. In spite of a Jenn fans, I do agree that her on court etiquette is not good. But her comeback from personal problems or even the comeback in the Final were really inspiring stories for people who do not have much confidence in themselves.:)

I like Jenn more, she's more idol since 1992, while Martina is my favourite since 1995. I like Jenn slightly more than Martina. I wished she would win, but didn't want to see Martina lose either.:(

Miranda
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:42 PM
what a mixed feelings :D. Have you sufferred some kind of heart outburst watching the match live? Did you think that Jennifer can win after losing 0:4 in the second set? What a comeback :eek:

Happy Guy
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:58 PM
No, I didn't expect Jenn can win from 0-4 deficit and I was intending to switch off the TV as well.;) I thought she would double fault on one of those match points or hit a silly shot into the net, but she didn't!;)

Last year I wanted Jenn to win more desperately because that was her first ever Slam Final but this year I really got mixed feelings. ;) Who knows? Maybe they are having many more finals ahead.;)

wongqks
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Hey Happy Guy,

I have to admit, no one thought Jennifer will repeat, in fact all attention was on Martina and Venus. I seriously thought that Kim Clijsters will upset her but she prove everyone wrong. I saw the match (I have to say I am rooting for MArtina because she has not won for a while :p ) Anyway, well done to her.

Williams_Rulez, not in my dream did I thought you are not American LOL

Happy Guy
Jan 30th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the words on Jenn, wongqks.:) I don't even who are your favourite players?!:rolleyes:

miranda, do you think Monica can win Pan Pacific this week?;)

Miranda
Jan 30th, 2002, 01:34 PM
wong's favourite is the same as me, Monica :). Well, I still think Martina is the favourite to win, she is the killer for Monica while Monica is the killer for Jennifer :(. Even if Monica, it cannot console me coz I only want a slam :(

wongqks
Jan 30th, 2002, 04:34 PM
I agree, Monica match Jenny so well and I just love to see both girls face each other again, coz now both of them are in good shape and arguably reach their highest level in these few years. Anyway, good luck to Monica in Tokyo anyway, it will be nice for her to wrapped up another title, but it still bugs me why Monica is playing so much, hopefully she can take it easy before the French, she plays her best tennis when she is refreshed

Happy Guy
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:54 PM
wongqks, I also think that Monica is playing well too much when she is fit. Like in summer, she plays nearly everything before the US Open each year but then she becomes exhausted in the Open. Also she is more prone to injuries if she plays too much, she can't afford missing many more Grand Slams in her career. Anyway, I'm expecting that Jennifer, Martina and Monica gunning for Roland Garros. I don't know why, but Venus is always not playing very well in Aussie and RG.

Miranda
Jan 31st, 2002, 01:47 PM
Well, I wish Monica plays well in Tokyo and about Jennifer, it seems that there is magic on her, playing so well in grand slams these years :eek:

happy guy, I forgot, what is your major subject in school :confused:

Happy Guy
Feb 1st, 2002, 07:56 PM
I study Pure Math, Chemistry and Physics. Exams are really near now!:(

Monica played a great match today!:) She defeated Alex with 2 11-9 tiebreaks. I think Monica played well as Alex is winning a lot lately. Her victory over Jennifer should be no fluke as a lot other posters are thinking that she is starting her real career now, not a flash in the pan anymore.

wongqks
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:41 PM
hi happy guy

good luck to your exam and hope it goes well.

anyway, Monica sounds like playing well today, no break of serve at all, nice to see that.

Miranda
Feb 4th, 2002, 11:46 AM
wow, phyicis, chemistry, so difficult :eek: .

Happy guy, I am angry now, why your Martina beat my Monica so many times :mad:

wong, what is your main subject? I studied English Literature in secondary school but however, I could not get in the University :o

wongqks
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Miranda

I study economics in university in UK. still got one and a hlaf year to go :)

Happy Guy,

I thought you support Jennifer and now Martina as well, but your fav is jennifer right? Me and Miranda will have to kill you if Martina beat Monica again ;)

Miranda
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:11 AM
hello wong :D. Only one and half year to go, very soon, I wish you great results in your examination and graduated with first honour :D. happy guy's no.1 favourite is Jennifer, 2nd is Martina? Well, Martina is the killer for Monica and Jennifer is the killer for Martina ;)

hey happy guy, I have a question to ask. I know that there is a "star sport" channel in Cable TV. Now my new house can get some star channels, and one of which is "Star sports", but do you know whey the "star sport" in Cable TV speaks English but the "star sports" in my house speaks Mandarin :confused: why there are two same channels :confused:

Adison
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:50 AM
HI Happy Guy !

Guess who ? This is Adison , iam very glad to see you guy around here ..... Iam a big fan of Vicki Zhao , soooo sad because there are many negative rumours circle her recently like the Japanese flag .... I am pretty happy to see Vicki Zhao in the idol list ...Is she in the list ?.......

Adison
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:54 AM
.... Iam Martina's fans, too ...Happy Guy , don't worry . You have one more fellow in here , don't worry that no body will protect you ....hee...hee..!
I am living in United State and i came from Hong Kong

destructo_girl
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:02 AM
oh, I was wondering about that Adison. I knew you were from HK, and I thought you lived in US. :)

I come from a chinese family, but I was born in Australia, you see.

I guess you wouldn't be into the TVB serials, then?

Miranda
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:09 AM
hello Adison and destruction girl :D. Where did you live when you were in HK Adison? I live in quarry bay and destruction girl, I watch TVB a lot before :)

Happy Guy
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Hello, everyone, I am back.:)

wongqks, Jennifer is my top idol and Martina is the third, behind Jenn and Martina. I became a fans of Martina since 1995 and therefore I'm not suddenly liking Martina.:) I was attracted and entralled into tennis by Jennifer in 1992 Olympics Final and I started to follow tennis results regularly since then. There was a period of real boredom when Jenn dropped out of the tour in 1994 and 1995 and I thought she wouldn't return to tennis anymore. So I started to cheer for the then teenage prodigy Martina. In 1997 I was happy to see that Martina kept winning GS and Jenn was back and produced a couple of victories. I just wanted Martina to win more titles and Jenn to win more matches then as I had never imagined Jenn to have so good results comparable with Martina until 2001 and so nowadays I really have mixed feelings when Martina plays Jennifer, especially in a GS Final.;)

miranda, I'm sorry that Monica has to lose to Martina again and the match seemed to be really close. But as a Martina Fans, I know you will not accept my consolation for you. Never mind, I have faith in Monica that she can have really good results in Paris and Dubai where she will definitely beat Venus 3 times in a row:) By the way, Star TV has 2 identical Star Sports Channel, but one in Madarin and one in English. The 2 channels are of entirely different reception frequencies. SO you'd better go and ask your management company of your building about the TV reception.

Adison, welcome to this thread.:D I'm really happy that there are so many replies in a thread started by me and that a lot of HK people are focussing on women's tennis.:) Hope to talk more with you.:)

See you all later!:)

Happy Guy
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Adison, I watched the TV series of Vicki and Ruby a lot a few years ago, I think you know which TV series I'm referring to.;) My favourites are Kelly Chen, Gigi Leung, Miriam Yeung and Eason Chan. Miriam is my top favourite!":)

Miranda
Feb 5th, 2002, 01:14 PM
hello Happy Guy :D.

thank you but I think it would be difficult for Monica to beat Venus for the 3 straight time ;). Seems nobody can including your Jennifer ;)

sorry I don't understand, does it mean that the Star Sports channel at my house broadcasts different programmes as the one in Cable TV :confused: but I could watch the Hopman Cup a few weeks back :confused:. Its it the langugage the only difference?

I really don't know Miriam is 29?! Woo, she looks so young!

Happy Guy
Feb 5th, 2002, 02:57 PM
miranda, the 2 Sports Channel should be equivalent except the language.

Miriam is 28, not 29;)

Miranda
Feb 5th, 2002, 03:03 PM
thanks happy guy :). Broadcast the same, then its ok, but I find listening to Mandarin even more difficult than English :( and I only got 5 star TV channels, what about you?

28 is almost 29, hehehe but she looks like 23 for me. Hey, who you think is the most beautiful, if or X? in fact I know Leung's niece, she said she doesn't find leung beautiful, may be jealously ;)

wongqks
Feb 5th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Hi Happy Guy,

I see, my brother fav player is Martina Hingis as well, it seems like Martina is the most popular women tennis player in Asia, don't know why, wow, you start supporting her since 1995? My brother as well, he saw the news of like a 14 years kick one of the top 20 at that time butt or something and then he start following her result. I use to support Jana Novotna but then when I saw Monica in 1998 and see all those things she has to go through I want her to win in that French final, I am very upset that she lose, but then Monica became my second fav, since Jana retire, I want Monica to win every single match.

Hi Adison,

welcome to this thread, I am so surprised there are so many HK born/ related posters lurking around LOL, I think I prove my point again that Asian people like Martina, look at you, destructo_girl, Happy Guy etc. LOL. I feel sorry for your fav actress being in so much controversy, I think it is not her fault, coz the chance is that the designer gave it to her to wear, and since there were so many clothes she need to wear at that time she was not aware, but I am sure she will be fine and she just have to be careful with such sensitive thing.

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for your kind word, I hope I can get through, my result for this half year is coming next Wednesday (at least I an enjoy my chinese year first LOL). Hope you are doing well in your work. also, I find that cecilia cheung more beautiful, dunno why hehe, but I like gig leung music a bit as well (only her recent songs though

Hi all the others,

I am happy that this thread is in page 3 already, hopefully it can go on like so many other threads in the non-tennis section.

Miranda
Feb 6th, 2002, 10:49 AM
hello wong :D.

I also was extremely sad when Monica lost to Sanchez in 98 coz with that win she could have a happy ending and fairy-tale coz the trophpy could be a tribute to her just dead father but sadly there was no fairy-tale for her ... but at least she lost to Sanchez who seems to be her friend.

well I think its very difficult to say who is more beautiful coz Cheung's mouth is not too beautiful but she has good figure while Leung has beautiful smile and taller.

I wish you great success in your examination and will you return to HK after your graduation?

I hope our thread can be a never-ending one :D

Happy Guy
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone. I'll be away for a holiday trip for a week tomorrow, so see you guys one week later!:)

See you, especially miranda and wongqks!;)

wongqks
Feb 8th, 2002, 03:26 AM
Miranda,

Thankjs for your kind word again, anyway I think I will go back, but at the moment I am still considering what field I want to get into coz economics can be divided into so many different sectors and not just go into bank as many thinks. I am considering concentrate on public affairs next year for my final year and so hopefully I can land a job in government so where if I am lucky.

Happy Guy,

Have a great trip, where are you going?

Miranda
Feb 8th, 2002, 05:52 AM
hello wong and happy guy :D.

happy guy: I will also go for a pleasure trip next week to Philippines, I have been there before but only to Manila, this time to Cebu for 5 days and my last day of posting should be 11/2 and then see you people again on 19/2 :). I wish you a very happy holiday :D

wong: I wish you all the best, is it easier for you to get a job in UK or HK :confused:

Happy Guy
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Hi everyone I'm back!:)

Happy Guy
Feb 21st, 2002, 08:55 AM
miranda where are you and how about the other fellow HK guys and girls?:bounce:

Miranda
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:30 AM
hello happy guy :D. I already said I could only post on 19/2. I have a bad time for the return flight coz I joined a cheap and not famous tour co (miser Miranda ;)), they are bad, the airline is also bad - Cebu Pacific, we only learnt that we were on waiting list when we arrived at the airport, finally after waiting for 3 hours, we were told that we could not get to the plane as scheduled on 18/2 but got to leave at 19/2 in the morning :(

how about you, rich boy, where did you go?

Miranda
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:40 AM
and hey, I have only watched the "*ӦH" during the Chinese new year, nn, how about you? I really think Sammi is very lucky coz all the films she acted has good results but actually I think her acting skills are just above average but at least better than Faye Wong and Kelly Chan.

See you later

:wavey:

wongqks
Feb 21st, 2002, 07:25 PM
Hi Miranda and Happy Guy,

sorry for not posting here for a while, but I guess you too are having a fun time travelling and stuff. I am not that lucky, my result for last semester is not good and I need to do a lot of catching up. Hope you guys have a better time than me. Sorry to hear about the flight delay Miranda, package tour is like that.

Miranda
Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:16 AM
hello wong :D.

sorry that your results are not very good but I wish your next one is good :(

well, I was not joining package tour but arranged tour, all places to be visited already fixed, the tour co is really bad :( and also is the airline Cebu Pacicic, never take it :(. I saw four passengers whose airlines were already typed "confirmed" were not allowed to take the plane :(

Bye :bounce: :wavey:

Miranda
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:39 AM
umm, now seems happy guy disappears :rolleyes: :confused:

Happy Guy
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:50 AM
Hi, everyone, I'm here.:)

I am preparing for my oral exam in the afternoon now, mock exam. Studying Physics...poor:( I'm also following the live results of the Figure Skating, hope Michelle Kwan can win!:bounce:

Btw, miranda, I didn't watch *ӦH, but I really love the theme song c. Is it a good movie?

Happy Guy
Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:51 AM
miranda, Monica is approaching another possible clash with Venus. I think Monica stands a chance again!:) Good Luck!:)

Miranda
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:40 AM
hi happy guy, I wish you good results in your mock examination :D. Yes the film is good :D. I also want Michelle to win, where can we find the live scores :confused: I don't know how the scores come from :confused: but seems Michelle has great competition, some said she is perfect in art department but not technique:confused:

Happy Guy
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:46 AM
Michelle got Bronze only!:(

Miranda
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:48 AM
oh my god :sad: :sad: who wins?

wongqks
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:51 AM
Sarah Hughes got it, it was a big surprised and poor Michelle, get beaten by her compatriot much younger than her again. Hope she come back in 2006 and give it her last shot.

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:10 AM
hello wong, I am very sad that Michelle lost coz she is Chiense people's pride :(. From what I read, it would be very difficult for her to win in 2006 because seems skaters only peak before 20? but still she is already a legend :)

happy guy: how is your results? I have a questino to ask. I just read a notice outside my house's lift that the Star TV is going to cancel the "Stars Sport" channel coz it is giong to be become a paid-channel? Is is the same for your building? I don't understand coz I always think Star TV is a paid TV but the fee is included in our management fee, is it correct?

Now I have no more tenis to watch :(

wongqks
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:04 AM
Miranda,

I think teh explanation for your answer is that Star TV is now part of cable tv ( as in you can see star in cable tv, maybe thta's what the charging thing is)

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:21 AM
thanks wong, but do you mean Star TV is free in the past:confused: If paid now, can I subscribe for it?

wongqks
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:29 AM
Oh I am not sure at all, that is what I got the impression from, when I went back to Hk for holiday.

I doubt you can subscribe to the channel, you can only doit if you subscribe to cable TV. cable TV has a monopoly on this unfortuneately (they are certainly expensive)

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:39 AM
thanks wong :D. I think maybe happy guy knows more coz he has that channel longer than me (I can only watch the Star TV after moving into my new house, old house did not has this facility), lets wait for his reply.

Have a nice day wong, I am still a bit unhappy about Monica+Michelle's lost althoug Momo is also my favourite and I knew that Monica must be too tired but I think I cannot accept any losses of Monica :(

wongqks
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:46 AM
Miranda,

last post for tonight (0345 am in ehre already LOL)

Yeah I think happy guy will be able to help more.

I am sad about Monica as well, but I am relief coz she must be tired and dun want to fight, coz it is six week in a row already, I think she need to recharge her battery

I am sad for Michelle as well coz as a chinese I guess it would be nice for her to win (although she choose to represent america which is a reasonable choic I suppose hehe)

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 02:49 AM
have a sweet dream wong :kiss: :wavey:

Happy Guy
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:03 AM
Hi miranda, I can help you:)

Star Sports is a free channel from the Star TV, but Star TV is inclusive in your management fee, but as long as your building has the antenna for Star TV reception, then Star TV is included in your building management fee and you can see Star Sports. However, starting from last week, even if your building has the antenna for Star TV reception, you still can't watch Star Sports because it will be incorporated into Cable TV, if you don't have Cable, no Star Sports!:( You can only see this channel if you subscribe to Cable TV. My dad won't do so because he said I already have a lot of TV channels to watch.:( But I were you, I will install Cable as it also broadcasts Cable Sports Channel 1 as well as ESPN , where you can enjoy lots of tennis, especially because Roland Garros is coming and due to time difference you can see live from 5pm HK time onwards until about 12 midnight!:D So you can decide on that as well.

My oral English Exam was quite good, but the girls from the other school were too strong, yet I think I can be the best or second best of my group.:)

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:18 AM
thank you happy guy for explaining to me, I really don't know that Star TV is free.

Well, actually two salemens have been visiting my house twice saying there is a discount on subscribing TV but since I got the Star sports which also broadcast some tennis, I didn't subscribe. May be when they come again, if the price is good, I may subscribe but don't know when they come again :confused: (coz if not through them, no discount)

happy that you got good results, don't worry, you are still the best of your schoold :D.

have a nice day and wishing you all the best in your future examinations :D

Happy Guy
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:31 AM
Yes, I also feel sorry for Monica, miranda, especially after Sandrine has defeated Venus and the winner of the Monica-Amelie match seems to be in a great position of winning the whole tournament. But maybe Monica can win Indian Wells, right?:)

Thanks for your support to my study, I will work even harder.:)

Miranda
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:54 AM
yes I think if Monica won against Amelie, she has great chance of winning the title coz she seldom lost to Sandrine but ... may be she was too tired and Momo too good :) Beter chance next time.

Don't work too hard, be careful of your health

Bye, see you on Monday :D

:wavey:

Miranda
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:49 AM
just want to tell you that I have today subscribed for the cable TV, its very expensive $198 per month + 600 set up fee :( and this package only lasts until this year, next year 298 monthly fee :(

Happy Guy
Mar 1st, 2002, 11:26 PM
Hi miranda. It is so expensive?!:rolleyes: My reception of Star Sports was cut already.:(

Elena D and Anna K both lost this morning...sad...:(

Miranda
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:33 AM
hello happy guy, hey, its already a discount, original monthly fee is $299!! :(. My sports channel is still there, may be going to shut down later :confused: .

oh Anna lost?! I predicted her to win her first title :(, waa!

Miranda
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:04 AM
and now I discovered that the programmes provided by the Mandarin and English channels of Star Sports are different coz my Mandarin channel is yet to be removed (may be a few days later?), the Mandarin one showing tennis and the English one showing rubby :confused: . Very strange :confused:

wongqks
Apr 15th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Big BUMB to this thread, we can't let this die ;)

How are you Miranda? Hope you are having a nice time and let's us sheer Monica to be injury free and play well this week

Happy Guy, heard your fav singer (also mine) Miriam is releasing a new cd. some people said cannot get hold of the cd yet and some people said it is selling 110 HKG dollars in HMV, I cannot believe I don't think I can afford if it is so expensive.

Later people