PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters/Sugiyama withdraw

Wojtek
May 14th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Clijsters/Sugiyama withdraw .

Reason : Clijsters left hamstring strain .

Krizian/Srebotnik will play agianst Dominikovic/Vanc

Sharapova's_Boy
May 14th, 2003, 11:09 AM
:sad:

gorecki
May 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
:sad:

get better Kim
do your best in the singles Ai! :)

E. Blackadder
May 14th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I htink this is a very wise decision with RG in the prospectives :)

oaki
May 14th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Kim and Ai :_(

Martian Martin
May 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I also think this is a good decision. Kim shouldn't play anymore tennis than she needs to, especially as she really needs to stay ok for her singles.

maya
May 14th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Poor Kim ... hope she's OK for the singles. Is this the same injury she had last week at the finals?

Wimanna
May 14th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Poor Kim ... hope she's OK for the singles. Is this the same injury she had last week at the finals?

Yep, the same injury ;) She trained yesterday for half an hour, only hitting, not moving that much. Only tonight she really knows how it will work out against Vivi.

King Aaron
May 14th, 2003, 02:37 PM
:( I hope she can be fully fit for her match against Vivi.

rikvanlooy
May 14th, 2003, 04:08 PM
:( I hope she can be fully fit for her match against Vivi.

I just hope she is ok for RG.

RG is far more important. Those 200 points aren't that important.

I didn't enjoy the match against Justine because I thought she would miss Rome and RG and now ...

marsha
May 14th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Wouldn't it have better if Kim had decided this earlier so Ai could've signed up with another partner? Isn't this like the fourth or fifth time this has happened? If I were Ai, I'd be starting to get a little testy by now....

SerenaSlam
May 14th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't it have better if Kim had decided this earlier so Ai could've signed up with another partner? Isn't this like the fourth or fifth time this has happened? If I were Ai, I'd be starting to get a little testy by now....
if there was an actual ligit reason to get testy, go on ahead, but I think Ai realizes, that Kim could've played to Doubles, put it was up in the air. And Im sure Ai knew she had the chance to change partners b/c Kim was "iffy" but as you can see they stayed, im sure kim wasn't like Ai we are staying partners! Im sure she let her know, that the doubles is so-so, there is no way you just sign up a lil injured and not let your partner no, that would be wrong, and that doesn't sound like something Kim would do!

ex hopman
May 14th, 2003, 06:33 PM

Yeah, for the reasons what happened at US open 01 and Aussie open 02, they did split the pair... (that time Ai told us she was a bit upset) but on the Ai's website, she said they talked about it, and got over it. They have some kinda rules btw them now.

Kim and Ai are really good friends. I am sure this was their decision.
It's better for Kim to take a bit of rest for the big tournament coming up.

Good luck !! :wavey:

Come-on-kim
May 14th, 2003, 08:17 PM
No, because the doubles draw has been released Sunday and Kim got injured Sunday

maccardel
May 14th, 2003, 09:03 PM
I think that if she withdrew from the doubles then why is she still playing singles like nothing and to think she blitz the poor girl......I think that injury is suspect and should be investigated.

Ok for real.......the fact that a major is coming in two weeks is more reason to maintain a light schedule on her body. The last thing any player needs is to be in week two and your injury from the past two weeks acts up and becomes even worse and add to the fact that wimbledon will be right around the corner after roland garros.