May 11th, 2003, 07:24 PM
I wonder what happened with Justine. :confused:

Unless they updated it wrong.

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2003, 07:26 PM
lucky Patty gets a bye then a walkover into 3rd rd

kyk710
May 11th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Wow! the new draw is a LOT better for Chanda- she wont play Schnyder in the 2nd round and no Henin! good luck Chanda!

GermanBoy
May 11th, 2003, 07:27 PM
I wonder what happened with Justine. :confused:
Unless they updated it wrong.

I think it is possible that Henin-Hardenne needs a break because she played too much. Don`t be afraid of any kind of injury!

Why is Jen not in the bottom half now? She has to get Henin-Hardenne`s spot in the draw, No. 9 Jen`s and No. 17 the spot of No. 9...
Did I understand anything wrong? It was made like that in Berlin! :confused:

Venus Forever
May 11th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah, Jen should replace where Justine was, I don't understand what they did. That's why I think they updated it wrong.

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2003, 07:30 PM
draw is right

Justine withdrew after 4pm in which case only minimum re-shuffling is done.

last week Venus withdrew before 4pm

Mercury Rising
May 11th, 2003, 07:34 PM
No justine damnit :(

But probably a wise decision.

GermanBoy
May 11th, 2003, 07:38 PM
draw is right
Justine withdrew after 4pm in which case only minimum re-shuffling is done.
last week Venus withdrew before 4pm

F***!!! :mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :mad:

Kuti Kis&Monica
May 11th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Pffffff. A bye for Patty, an easy draw for Kim. And Chanda can be happy too... And after people will say that Chanda is a good clay player if she's going to the semis. A good chance to take a lots of points in a Tier I for all players on the quarter Chanda/Patty.
When i'm comparing the two half of the draw, i'm really really disappointed :sad: :(

Venus Forever
May 11th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Anyone read Italian?? This is the Italian Web-site article:

La giocatrice belga Justine Henin-Hardenne, numero 4 del mondo e finalista al Foro Italico l’anno scorso, ha annunciato oggi a Berlino il proprio ritiro dal Telecom Italia Masters Roma 2003 a causa di una tendinite al ginocchio sinistro. L’infortunio si è verificato nel corso della dura finale che la Henin ha giocato e vinto oggi a Berlino sulla connazionale Clijsters (64 46 75) dopo aver annullato tre match points.“Mi dispiace moltissimo non poter venire al Foro Italico – ha detto la belga, che a Roma sarebbe stata testa di serie numero 3 – L’anno scorso mi ero divertita e avevo giocato davvero bene. Sfortunatamente, però, durante la finale di oggi, che è stata molto difficile e fisicamente intensa, le condizioni del ginocchio si sono aggravate e i medici mi hanno consigliato di riposarmi almeno una settimana se voglio presentarmi in buone condizioni al Roland Garros, che comincia fra quindici giorni”.Il posto della Henin fra le teste di serie è stato preso, con il numero 17, da Patty Schnyder, la cui posizione in tabellone sarà occupata dalla miglior classificata nel ranking Wta fra le sconfitte dell`ultimo turno delle qualificazioni. Tale diritto spetterebbe alla francese Emile Loit (sconfitta oggi dall’italiana Adriana Serra Zanetti), ma per usufruirne la Loit dovrà materialmente presentarsi al Foro Italico domani entro le ore 12.30, quando chiuderà il “sign in”.

babsi
May 11th, 2003, 08:01 PM
lucky Patty gets a bye then a walkover into 3rd rd

:rolleyes:

petroniao
May 11th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Anyone read Italian?? This is the Italian Web-site article:

La giocatrice belga Justine Henin-Hardenne, numero 4 del mondo e finalista al Foro Italico l’anno scorso, ha annunciato oggi a Berlino il proprio ritiro dal Telecom Italia Masters Roma 2003 a causa di una tendinite al ginocchio sinistro. L’infortunio si è verificato nel corso della dura finale che la Henin ha giocato e vinto oggi a Berlino sulla connazionale Clijsters (64 46 75) dopo aver annullato tre match points.“Mi dispiace moltissimo non poter venire al Foro Italico – ha detto la belga, che a Roma sarebbe stata testa di serie numero 3 – L’anno scorso mi ero divertita e avevo giocato davvero bene. Sfortunatamente, però, durante la finale di oggi, che è stata molto difficile e fisicamente intensa, le condizioni del ginocchio si sono aggravate e i medici mi hanno consigliato di riposarmi almeno una settimana se voglio presentarmi in buone condizioni al Roland Garros, che comincia fra quindici giorni”.Il posto della Henin fra le teste di serie è stato preso, con il numero 17, da Patty Schnyder, la cui posizione in tabellone sarà occupata dalla miglior classificata nel ranking Wta fra le sconfitte dell`ultimo turno delle qualificazioni. Tale diritto spetterebbe alla francese Emile Loit (sconfitta oggi dall’italiana Adriana Serra Zanetti), ma per usufruirne la Loit dovrà materialmente presentarsi al Foro Italico domani entro le ore 12.30, quando chiuderà il “sign in”.

well, what I understand is :

Juju withdraws due to a left knee tendinitis which has been getting worse during the berlin-final. Her medical team said it would be better to take a rest of at least a week considering RG is coming up in two weeks.

Patty takes her place in the draw as number 17.

the rest was the typical italian chit-chat ;)

Hagar
May 11th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Els Callens made it to the main draw! WOW!

Steff_forever
May 11th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Emilie Loit is the LL. She takes the former Schnyder-spot, right ? :rolleyes:

Venus Forever
May 11th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Emilie Loit is the LL. She takes the Schnyder-spot, right ?

Yup. :)

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 11th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Why will Patty get a walkover to the 3rd round ???

I'm confused...

Hurley
May 11th, 2003, 08:21 PM
TBE thinks either Serra Zanetti or Schett will be an easy win for Patty. ;)

Patty and Barbara are of course good friends and have had close matches in the past...so I'm not so sure. But I do think Patty should come through to the semis now, if she plays her best.

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 11th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Thanks Hurley :) I don't think it will be that easy for Patty...With Patty's current form, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up loosing 1-6, 0-6 to either Schett or Serra-Zanetti ;)

Hurley
May 11th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Patty played well last week...I think this is a great opportunity for her, or possibly Safina.

Venus Forever
May 11th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Henin-Hardenne withdraws from Italian Masters

May 11, 2003
ROME (Ticker) - Hours after winning her third title of the year, world No. 4 Justine Henin-Hardenne of Belgium withdrew from the $1.3 million Italian Masters with left knee tendinitis.

Henin-Hardenne, runner-up here last year, was due to be the third seed behind defending champion Serena Williams of the United States and Belgian Kim Clijsters. She developed the injury during her 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 victory over Clijsters in the final of the German Open on Sunday.

"I'm very disappointed to have to miss the Italian Open this year," Henin-Hardenne said. "I played very well here last year and really enjoyed myself in Rome.

"Unfortunately, today's match against Kim in Berlin was very tough and intense physically. My knee got worse as the match went on and right now the advice I have received is to take a rest to ensure I will be fully fit for the French Open, which starts in two weeks' time."

Henin-Hardenne's place in the draw was filled by Switzerland's Patty Schnyder, who becomes the 17th seed. Although no further adjustments will be made to the draw since the schedule for Monday already has been released, a lucky loser will gain entry into the draw.

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2003, 08:31 PM
saying that i want Babsi Schett to come thru that section but they way she's been playing all year doesnt look good.

Scotso
May 11th, 2003, 10:17 PM
good luck:

Nathalie Dechy :D
Amanda Coetzer
Conchita Martinez
Emmanuelle Gagliardi :D
Elena Likhovtseva
Elena Tatarkova
Emilie Loit
Silvia Farina Elia
Paola Suarez
Cara Black
Virginia Ruano Pascual
Kim Clijsters

Scotso
May 11th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Nathalie is always drawn in Serena's section :rolleyes:

sbmh
May 12th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Looks like Kimmie has a smooth way to Final !
Good luck to her ! and best luck to Jen , who has a very tough draw !
:)

Martian Stacey
May 12th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Good luck Klara, Ashley, Daniela, Monica and Kim :D

TS
May 12th, 2003, 04:20 AM
Cool Fabi gets Alex :)

Hopefully if she beats her (and on clay she should) she can cause Jen some problems.

Experimentee
May 12th, 2003, 04:44 AM
What crap quallie placings :mad:
Klara got the worst spot and my other faves got pretty bad spots too. The worst qualifiers got the easy spots :(
Could Kims draw get any easier? :eek:

Cariaoke
May 12th, 2003, 05:35 AM
buena suerte:
Serena :kiss:
Ashley :)
Iroda :)
Magui :)
Els :)
Monica :)
Alex :)
Jen :)
Chanda :)
Dinara :)
Eleni :)
Meghann :)
Kim :)

Harju.
May 12th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Loit take the LL :( :(

I thought it was Angie :mad:

Good Luck Ashley

DiZZiA
May 12th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Seems like Kim is destined to be #2 seed at RG2003 with such a smooth path to the final!!! :rolleyes:

Just simply look at the Top half is amazing... :eek:
With the current No.1 and French Open Champion Serena Williams
& the two former No.1 and French Open Champion -Monica Seles and Jennifer Capriati

Mateo Mathieu
May 12th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Best of luck to ELENA TATARKOVA, Fabiola Zuluaga and Jelena Dokic!! :)

Beat
May 12th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Cool Fabi gets Alex :)

LOL :devil:

i really don't like the fact that sveta and marie-gaïané meet 1st round. :sad:

rikvanlooy
May 12th, 2003, 09:11 AM
What crap quallie placings :mad:
Klara got the worst spot and my other faves got pretty bad spots too. The worst qualifiers got the easy spots :(
Could Kims draw get any easier? :eek:

It's incredible : Seles, Capriati and Mauresmo all in other side of the draw (as are Tulyaganova, Dokic, Hantuchova, Zuluaga)

Kim can meet Chanda Rubin (never lost to her), Ai Sugiyama (hmmmmm), Myskina (not good enough), Eleni Daniilidou (very dangerous on grass), Patty Schnyder (a lot of talent, not enough power), Meghann Shaughnessy (very dangerous)

If Kim can win against Meghann, I would be surprised if she didn't reach the final.

katrientje
May 12th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I find Kim's draw quite tough, she has good clay courters in it: runao pascuall and daniilidou should not be underestimated, Shaughnessy can be tough too...
I hope that Dinara can make a breakthrough now justine is out of the draw

sartrista7
May 12th, 2003, 11:00 AM
It's incredible : Seles, Capriati and Mauresmo all in other side of the draw (as are Tulyaganova, Dokic, Hantuchova, Zuluaga)

Kim can meet Chanda Rubin (never lost to her), Ai Sugiyama (hmmmmm), Myskina (not good enough), Eleni Daniilidou (very dangerous on grass), Patty Schnyder (a lot of talent, not enough power), Meghann Shaughnessy (very dangerous)

If Kim can win against Meghann, I would be surprised if she didn't reach the final.

Meghann will not be dangerous on clay... I could see her losing to either Black or Grande. There are literally only two players in Kim's half who can beat her - Patty and Nastya - and neither of them are in good enough form at the moment. Cakewalk.

Doris Loeffel
May 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Alll I say is Hoooppppp Schwiiizzz!!!

Good luck, viel Glück, bonne chance

Patty Schnyder
Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Myriam Casanova (To bad she has to play Monica)
Marie-Gaïane Mikaelian