PDA

View Full Version : Eleni in Rome!!

Princess Fiona
May 11th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Signors, Signoras, Signoritas... :)

:cool:

Signora Eleni has to play a qualifier in the first round of this tournament... I hope she can beat this mystery lady!! ;) Then she faces a match with MGM from Switzerland (:mad:@ the draw - I really like MGM!!) or Svetlana K from Russia... If she beats these players and the seedings hold then she has matches against Anastasia M and Kim C...

~Forza Eleni!!~

:)

Bероника
May 11th, 2003, 07:22 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Forza Eleni!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

pathfinder
May 12th, 2003, 12:43 PM
:wavey: all!

ok,time to reveal the name of the mystery lady ;) :

1- Serena Williams - bye
Anabel Medina Garrigues vs. Q- Klara Koukalova
Q- Ashley Harkleroad vs. Nathalie Dechy
Iroda Tulyaganova vs. 14- Amanda Coetzer

9- Jelena Dokic vs. Conchita Martinez
WC- Emmanuelle Gagliardi vs. Q- Jelena Jankovic
Magui Serna vs. Elena Likhovtseva
7- Daniela Hantuchova - bye

4- Amelie Mauresmo - bye
Lina Krasnoroutskaya vs. Q- Els Callens
WC- Flavia Pennetta vs. Clarisa Fernandez
Q- Elena Tatarkova vs. 16- Anna Pistolesi

10- Monica Seles vs. Myriam Casanova
Nadia Petrova vs. WC- Tathiana Garbin
Alexandra Stevenson vs. Q- Fabiola Zuluaga
5- Jennifer Capriati - bye

6- Chanda Rubin - bye
LL- Emilie Loit vs. Denisa Chladkova
Q- Adriana Serra Zanetti vs. Q- Tina Pisnik
Silvia Farina Elia vs. 11- Magdalena Maleeva

13- Ai Sugiyama vs. Paola Suarez
Katarina Srebotnik vs. Q- Dinara Safina
Barbara Schett vs. WC- Antonella Serra Zanetti
17 Patty Schnyder - bye

8- Anastasia Myskina - bye
Maja Matevzic vs. Francesca Schiavone
Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova
Q- Samantha Reeves vs. 12- Eleni Daniilidou
15- Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Laura Granville
Q- Cara Black vs. Rita Grande
Virginia Ruano Pascual vs. Q- Meilen Tu
2- Kim Clijsters - bye

..one match at a time..so FORZA Lena!Good luck against Reeves! :bounce: :bounce:

Ps.Thanks Fiona!I did have a good trip! :D ..and you are right,Rome is a *very* special city ;) !

Princess Fiona
May 12th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Samantha Reeves is the mystery Signora? ;) I say Grazie for this information... :)

FORZAAAAAAAA Eleni!! :)

You are very welcome... :) Rome is so beautiful!! I MUST go there again, one day... *sighs* :hearts:

:wavey: to everyone.. :)

King Aaron
May 12th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Forza Eleni! :D She should be able to handel Sammy. :D

pathfinder
May 13th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Forza Eleni! :D She should be able to handel Sammy. :D

I hope so King Aaron! :)

Eleni is playing today! :bounce:

Pallacorda
Ore 13: Reeves vs Daniilidou
followed by: Schiavone vs Matevzic
followed by: Rubin vs Loit
followed by: Dechy vs Coetzer

Try your best Lena! :D ..and of course..Forzaaa! :D

Prego Fiona! :) Let's go to Rome next year,so we can support Eleni's effort to defend her title.. ;) :p

Bероника
May 13th, 2003, 11:06 AM
They're about to start!!!
GO ELENI!!!!!

pathfinder
May 13th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Eleni Daniilidou def. Samantha Reeves 6:2 6:4
:bounce: Well done Lena! :bounce:

It was a close match(according to reports),with Eleni serving for it at 5:2.Samantha broke and then held to make it 5:4.Fortunately,Eleni did not allow another break,and got herself in to the second round! :D

Good luck against MGM/Svetlana! :D

King Aaron
May 13th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Well done Eleni! :D :)
She's playing Sveta next. Good luck!

Bероника
May 13th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Congrats Eleni!!!

And good luck in round 2!

Princess Fiona
May 14th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations Lenaaaaaaaaa!! :)

Next it is Svetlana - I have seen her play doubles on TV with Martina N and she looks very good, very powerful, and it was a good win over Miss MGM... I hope Lena can win this match!! I very much hope she can win this match!! :hearts: :D

Prego Fiona! :) Let's go to Rome next year,so we can support Eleni's effort to defend her title.. ;) :p

Si si! Yessssssssssssss!! :cool: :bounce: ;)

pathfinder
May 14th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Eleni lost to Sveta in 2 sets 3:6 2:6..
...Eleni! :( (I wonder if Svetlana was THAT good or Eleni was THAT bad!?!)

Si si! Yessssssssssssss!! :cool: :bounce: ;)

So there goes our beautiful trip to Rome,Fiona.. :sad:

Princess Fiona
May 14th, 2003, 03:50 PM
:sad: :sad:

Better luck next tournament Lena!! I've only seen Svetlana play with Martina Navratilova that time but I thought she looked very impressive then... Waaaaah!! *depressed* :sad:

Rome, well, if it is not nice to our Goddess then like we NEED the city!! :( :fiery: ;)

King Aaron
May 14th, 2003, 07:01 PM
:sad: :sad: Lena!

I don't think Eleni has been comfortable on clay and Svetlana has a clay title I think.

Bероника
May 14th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Yes Eleni doesn't seem to like clay,or at least,her results are not impressive.
Better luck next time Lena!!!

pathfinder
May 16th, 2003, 09:06 AM
I've only seen Svetlana play with Martina Navratilova that time but I thought she looked very impressive then... Waaaaah!! *depressed* :sad:

Rome, well, if it is not nice to our Goddess then like we NEED the city!! :( :fiery: ;)

Me too,Fiona.The first and last time i saw her it was during Indian Wells(i think), against Vivi and Paola.And she was quite impressive! :)

As far as Eleni is concerned,i believe that her next tournament will be Rolland Garros,as i didn't find her name in the commitment lists neither at Strasbourg open nor at Open de España.(can somebody confirm that?)

You are darn right Fiona! :fiery: ;) *though i doubt the city had anything to do with her result!* Ha!..like we have no other option! :cool:..*calling to book 2 tickets for 's-Hertogenbosch!* ;)

Princess Fiona
May 17th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Me too,Fiona.The first and last time i saw her it was during Indian Wells(i think), against Vivi and Paola.And she was quite impressive! :)

As far as Eleni is concerned,i believe that her next tournament will be Rolland Garros,as i didn't find her name in the commitment lists neither at Strasbourg open nor at Open de España.(can somebody confirm that?)

You are darn right Fiona! :fiery: ;) *though i doubt the city had anything to do with her result!* Ha!..like we have no other option! :cool:..*calling to book 2 tickets for 's-Hertogenbosch!* ;)

:wavey:

I'll have to have a look... :) Maybe it's good for her to have the break before the French Open? I don't know... Because I would have trouble playing for all those weeks without a break? *cough* ;) I really hope she gets a good draw this year... I seem to remember that she lost to Kim C. last year, can't remember the scoreline (:o ) but I think it was quite close? Errrh... *feeling stupid* ;)

And yes!! Or, ja!! *practising my Dutch* :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;)

pathfinder
May 19th, 2003, 03:03 PM
:wavey: Fiona!

:eek: Are you kidding me? :eek: Of course you would have troubles playing for all those weeks without a break! :p (and so would i!)..Eleni's schedule is nothing compared to ours! :cool: Don't forget that we play doubles together in EVERY tournament! :eek: (..and we win :eek: :eek: :eek: )!

Seriously now,yes, Eleni lost to Kim C. in the second round 7/6,7/6..in a *very*tight match!(..please don't feel stupid :kiss: ...you can only remember OUR results!Remember?..we had a deal!i will remember Lena's scores and you, OURS! ;) )

Phewwww!Right on time!..i was about to call and hire a translator...but who needs him now!ok.Can you please teach me how to say:"In which court does Lena play?"..just in case i get lost.. ;)

Princess Fiona
May 21st, 2003, 11:03 AM
:wavey: Fiona!

:eek: Are you kidding me? :eek: Of course you would have troubles playing for all those weeks without a break! :p (and so would i!)..Eleni's schedule is nothing compared to ours! :cool: Don't forget that we play doubles together in EVERY tournament! :eek: (..and we win :eek: :eek: :eek: )!

Seriously now,yes, Eleni lost to Kim C. in the second round 7/6,7/6..in a *very*tight match!(..please don't feel stupid :kiss: ...you can only remember OUR results!Remember?..we had a deal!i will remember Lena's scores and you, OURS! ;) )

Phewwww!Right on time!..i was about to call and hire a translator...but who needs him now!ok.Can you please teach me how to say:"In which court does Lena play?"..just in case i get lost.. ;)

My great doubles partner yes!! :kiss: ;) Aaah, I know... *ignoring my aching body* ;) Go to our team!! :bounce: ;)

Eleni lost to Kim C. 7/6 7/6? Hmmm... And then Kim lost in the next round to Clarisa Fernandez... I remember!! *shocked* ;) I hope Eleni has a nice draw this year... *keeping everything crossed* :)

Aaaah... you want THAT translated? *slump* ;) Err, where are the Dutch speakers around here? *looking* ;) And shall we 'girlcott' Strasbourg as well as Rome? And Russia too, as Eleni has been beaten by Russians for three weeks in a row? :sad:

:wavey: :cool:

pathfinder
May 22nd, 2003, 10:35 AM

My great doubles partner yes!! :kiss: ;) Aaah, I know... *ignoring my aching body* ;) Go to our team!! :bounce: ;)

Eleni lost to Kim C. 7/6 7/6? Hmmm... And then Kim lost in the next round to Clarisa Fernandez... I remember!! *shocked* ;) I hope Eleni has a nice draw this year... *keeping everything crossed* :)

Aaaah... you want THAT translated? *slump* ;) Err, where are the Dutch speakers around here? *looking* ;) And shall we 'girlcott' Strasbourg as well as Rome? And Russia too, as Eleni has been beaten by Russians for three weeks in a row? :sad:

:wavey: :cool:

:eek:

*seized with fright*..Fionaaaaaaa!..We 've been planning the wrong trip!! :o :o :o ...Eleni is playing Eastbourne! :o :o :o ...*and we are supposed to be her fans!(?) :o :eek: :rolleyes: )..
*calling to cancel the tickets*..*sigh*..how many times do we have to change the destination of our trip??? :rolleyes: :eek:

I don't understand what is Eleni doing there,and why she chose not to try to defend her title.*remember to check if Eastbourne field has less russians ;) *

Did you rest enough?..remember that from tomorrow we have to .. start practicing again! :D ..we have to defend and that..rolland garros title in doubles :cool: ..next week!..see you tomorrow in the locker room :wavey:

*Now i remembered the full deal!I will remember Lena's scores..and you,ours..and those that i DON'T want to remember :o :o (..see Clarisa def.Kim 6:4 6:0 :eek: ..)*

Princess Fiona
May 22nd, 2003, 11:01 PM
:eek:

*seized with fright*..Fionaaaaaaa!..We 've been planning the wrong trip!! :o :o :o ...Eleni is playing Eastbourne! :o :o :o ...*and we are supposed to be her fans!(?) :o :eek: :rolleyes: )..
*calling to cancel the tickets*..*sigh*..how many times do we have to change the destination of our trip??? :rolleyes: :eek:

I don't understand what is Eleni doing there,and why she chose not to try to defend her title.*remember to check if Eastbourne field has less russians ;) *

Did you rest enough?..remember that from tomorrow we have to .. start practicing again! :D ..we have to defend and that..rolland garros title in doubles :cool: ..next week!..see you tomorrow in the locker room :wavey:

*Now i remembered the full deal!I will remember Lena's scores..and you,ours..and those that i DON'T want to remember :o :o (..see Clarisa def.Kim 6:4 6:0 :eek: ..)*

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Eastbourne? I repeat, Eastboooourne? Well... *putting the Dutch phrase book away* *cough* ;)

I'm surprised she is not defending her title in the Netherlands - is Eastbourne a higher tier tournament? Hmmm... *wondering* :)

And yes, Russians - tsssch!! *waving my racket* ;)

Practising... aaaaah.. *wipes brow* ;) We can do it!! The 'Doubles Divas'!! They will speak of us in the same breath as the greats; Navratilova/Shriver, Fernandez/Zvereva... :D :angel: *gulps back energy drink* ;)

And should be an interesting Roland Garros - I am really looking forward to it!! (And good luck to Kim too... :) ) Allezzzzz!! ;)