FINALS
M Seles vs C Rubin

CHAMPION
M Seles

Iconoclast
May 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
QUARTERFINALS
Williams - Dokic

Magui Serna will avenge her Berlin loss against Elena Likhovtseva and upset Hantuchova. But then fall to Dokic in R3. In the top octette, Dechy will edge Tulyaganova in R2 - setting up a Serena clash with the expected outcome.

Mauresmo - Capriati

Amelie will breeze into the QF. Jennifer has a mighty test against Seles in the third, but Berlin showed her to be ready.

Farina-Elia - Henin

With Schnyder, Chladkova, and Silvia luring, Maleeva and Rubin will need to play well to make it to the quarters - the spot against Henin is anyone's pick. I opted for originality and chose Farina.

Clijsters-Kuznetsova

Kim won't be bothered, but who will she face? Myskina - doubt it. Daniilidou - I think Kuznetsova might upset her. If Mikaelian will allow Svetlana to progress.

SEMIFINALS
Williams - Capriati

Could just as well be Mauresmo facing Serena, probably a toss-up between the two.

Henin - Clijsters

They will be cruising.

FINAL
Williams - Clijsters

Serena will win in two against Jennifer. Clijsters will have another major struggle against Justine, but this time she will succeed.

WINNER
Williams

Yup, I think she will be back in full force, but I suspect the final might be a memorable one.