PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day gifts for the tennis moms

Brian Stewart
May 9th, 2003, 11:39 PM
If we were All-Powerful, what would be some gifts we could give to the mothers of tour players?

For Bernadette Rubin, a seat in the Royal Box for the Wimbledon final, to watch her daughter win the title. :)

For Françoise Mauresmo, similar accomodations in the President's Box at Roland Garros to watch Amelie win the title. And some industrial strength smelling salts to revive Momo afterward. (Not to mention the Momosapiens. :))

For Suska Coetzer, the services of a top computer expert to hack into databases, and remove all records of Amanda's age, so she'll be judged on how she plays instead.

For Oracene Price, one of those memory erasing gizmos from "Men in Black", so she can make everyone forget she was married to Richard.

For Julia Maleeva, another daughter to carry on the family tradition after Maggie. And for some granddaughters to come along after that.

For Françoise Henin, to be able to return for a few minutes, to tell your daughter how proud you are.

For Ester Seles, to have her daughter stay healthy so she can get in top shape and play her best tennis for her remaining years on tour. CC: Mrs. Pierce

For Liliana Dokic, Oracene's phone number.

For Samantha Stevenson, a nice loooong vacation somewhere peaceful. (Say about 10 years.)

It's so tough to shop for some of these people. Any other gift suggestions?

CJ07
May 9th, 2003, 11:43 PM
For Mrs. Kournikov

That First Title Acceptance Speech Where Anna Says "I'd just like to thank my mom, love you!"

auntie janie
May 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM
But how can we top your wonderful gifts? Thanks for the great post, Brian. :hearts: :kiss: :angel:

Oh, I've got a couple after all ...

For Rossana de los Rios, and Lindsay Lee-Waters: WTA titles of their own. :):)

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM
No, no, no. Oracene should be made the next bachelorette. Or she should be the first parent on 'meet my kids' where Venus and Serena interview prospective dates for their mom.

everything else was fine. :)

Linnie
May 10th, 2003, 12:32 AM
I can't add anything else.....wonderful post!

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day, Mom! :kiss:

Ryan
May 10th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Melanie Molitor: Hingis WANTS to train again.:)

wow, all my other favorites mom's were stolen, and I cant top those gifts.:p

auntie janie
May 10th, 2003, 12:36 AM
"For Liliana Dokic, Oracene's phone number."

This would be one of those gifts that would keep on giving, for as long as necessary. :kiss:

shannonannafan
May 10th, 2003, 03:48 AM
For Suska Coetzer, "Miracle Grow" she can sprinkle it on her little girl's food.

Spirit
May 11th, 2003, 12:42 AM
For Julia Maleeva...some granddaughters.

She has some grandkids, courtesy of the eldest Maleeva sister, I think. Don't know their genders.

Becool
May 11th, 2003, 12:54 AM
:)

cute thread :D