PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Kim is the DROPSHOT queen!

Hagar
May 9th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Everybody plays them. Few people play as many as Kim. But NOONE plays them SO WELL.
Kim Clijsters made hitting a dropshot a form of ART. She plays them from everywhere to whatever spot on the other side of the net. Today against Dani she played some dropshots that were BREATHTAKING.
(She's BTW also pretty good at that other DR-shot, the drive volley).

Diya
May 9th, 2003, 05:53 PM
She is also the queen of the "splits" ....never seen anyone do that...:)

selesrules
May 9th, 2003, 05:55 PM
yeah but I've seen Kim lose matches because of that dropshot. She uses them the most, but many times she just sucks at them.

Lien
May 9th, 2003, 05:57 PM
She has saved many matches with those dropshots including a first round loss at RG last year.

o0O0o
May 9th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Yea and now with Hingis retired Kim is the dropshot masta.

What makes her drop shots fun is that she has "stupid" selection in shooting them. By this I mean she does it break/set/match point down or at the 'wrong' times but she almost always wins the point.

Spirit
May 9th, 2003, 06:17 PM
She is also the queen of the "splits" ....never seen anyone do that...:)

Yeah, but when was the last time you saw Kim do the splits while hitting a drop shot?

Now THAT would be something.

Hagar
May 9th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah, but when was the last time you saw Kim do the splits while hitting a drop shot?

Now THAT would be something.

Just a matter of time IMHO. :p
Kim on gravel... these splits... ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

Ryan
May 9th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Kim IS good at dropshots, however she did not make hitting them into a form of art. Many players before her have utilized the dropshot beautifully and effectively. Hingis, and Arantxa before that. Goolagong had a good dropshot too I've heard.

Bigkimfan
May 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

thalle
May 9th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Kim is THE queen! It's a simple as that:o

selesfan87
May 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Wish I could play dropsots like her. :(