PDA

View Full Version : DREAM SF battle : Kimmie (1) vs Jenny (4) , who will get into final ?

sbmh
May 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Wow ! So great a SF.
They are both my favorite players.
So, I can't make a decision who'll win this . :rolleyes:
What do you think ? :confused:

Capriati (USA) vs. Clijsters (BEL) Head-to-Heads

99'11 Philadelphia Indoor Carpet R32 Capriati 7-5 6-3

01'5 Roland Garros Clay F Capriati 1-6 6-4 12-10 :cool:

02'1 Australian Open Hardcourt SF Capriati 7-5 3-6 6-1

Capriati leads 3:0

Clay: Capriati leads 1:0 :D

ns_Henin
May 9th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Jenn in 3 sets ;)

~|Naomi|~
May 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM
They haven't played since January 2002, so I'm hoping Kim can improve that head to head record. It would be easier to predict if I'd seen their matches.

White Stripes
May 9th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Jen In 3!!!
:D

rikvanlooy
May 9th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Wow ! So great a SF.
They are both my favorite players.
So, I can't make a decision who'll win this . :rolleyes:
What do you think ? :confused:

Capriati (USA) vs. Clijsters (BEL) Head-to-Heads

99'11 Philadelphia Indoor Carpet R32 Capriati 7-5 6-3

01'5 Roland Garros Clay F Capriati 1-6 6-4 12-10 :cool:

02'1 Australian Open Hardcourt SF Capriati 7-5 3-6 6-1

Capriati leads 3:0

Clay: Capriati leads 1:0 :D

That doesn't mean much.

In 1999 Kim just started her career.

In 2000, she was 17 when she reached the final. She played a tremendous first set. She lost the match because she didn't have the experience.

In 2001 she won the first set of the semi final of the AO, but then her game crumbled. If she had have won the AO that year (Jennifer won against Hingis in the final), she would have been number 1 at the tender age of 18 (2 years after her start - compare this to Vera, now the youngest at 18 with the ranking of 25).

Kim has improved enormously, but the loss against Serena at the AO at the beginning of the year, has hurt Kim more than she admits.

Her next losses against Venus and Serena were painful.

She hasn't played as good as she did during the period october 2002-semi final AO 2003 (just look at the ease with which she destroyed her opponents back then).

Keith
May 9th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Well, based on the H2H, I would give Jen a slight edge. Kim played so well at RG, but Jen still managed to win. At the AO 202, Kim had her chances in that first set and took the second without much resistence from Jen, but Jen powered past her in the third.

I'm sure it will be a good match between these two friends. Good luck to both of them, although I do want Jen to win!

disposablehero
May 9th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Kim. Kim is a considerably better player than Jen now.

Kornelija
May 9th, 2003, 02:17 PM
I would personally go for Kim. They haven't played against each other for more than a year and Kim has made a huge step forward. Jen is a very good player, of course, but I think it's gonna be very tough for her to beat Kim. They're both big hitters and move really well, but Jennifer sometimes seem to be lazy for me. Her play mostly depends on her attitude and Kim is always fighting, no matter how she plays. This is why I pick Kim.

hollywood7172
May 9th, 2003, 02:24 PM
oh and i suppose you know that for a fact eh disposablehero? what, did you base your conclusion on, what is it? their recent head-to-head? or on their rankings? which we know says nothing about 2 individual players since lower ranked player beat higher ranked players ALL the time?

of COURSE, my dear, you are entitled to your opinion and opinions. it's just you stated what you said with such aplomb and such assurance one would be inclined to think kim has beaten jen 10 times in the past month.

anyway, here's my short and assured prediction, which i base on nothing but faith:

JENNIFER WILL WIN!!!!!!!

Bigkimfan
May 9th, 2003, 02:33 PM
:bounce: :bounce: I hope Kim gets to the final!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck Kim!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Gunter
May 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
I hope Kim, i have seen the match against Daniela and she plays so well!
Go Kim, win your first match against Jenny!

SugarSkin
May 9th, 2003, 04:52 PM
I think Kim will goes into the final! :)

Hagar
May 9th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I think Kim can win. It will be very tough. If Kim wins, it will give her heaps of confidence.
What a dream this match is: Kim and Jen on the red clay. WOW!

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Jen in 3!

sbmh
May 9th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Clijsters will play fourth seed Jennifer Capriati of the United States in their first meeting on clay since the Roland Garros final in 2001.

Two years ago, Capriati beat Clijsters, 1-6, 6-4, 12-10, in the longest-ever third set in a French Open final. The American is 3-0 lifetime against Clijsters.

"It was great," Clijsters said of the championship match. "It's probably the biggest memory in my career. Ever since then, Jennifer and I have been very good friends. It's been great to see that happen on the tour.

"It's going to be a tough match because Jennifer's been playing really well. She's moving very well, too, and it's going to be a battle out there."

It's so sweet what Kimmie said. She's definitely a very nice girl.

Good luck to both of them ! :D

Brandon85
May 9th, 2003, 07:23 PM
jen in 3!

Come-on-kim
May 9th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Come On Kimmie!!!!!!!!!

disposablehero
May 11th, 2003, 01:35 AM
oh and i suppose you know that for a fact eh disposablehero? what, did you base your conclusion on, what is it? their recent head-to-head? or on their rankings? which we know says nothing about 2 individual players since lower ranked player beat higher ranked players ALL the time?

of COURSE, my dear, you are entitled to your opinion and opinions. it's just you stated what you said with such aplomb and such assurance one would be inclined to think kim has beaten jen 10 times in the past month.

anyway, here's my short and assured prediction, which i base on nothing but faith:

JENNIFER WILL WIN!!!!!!!

No, I don't know it for a fact. But I am relatively certain that Kim is more likely to advance.

Mercury Rising
May 11th, 2003, 03:29 PM
lol!