PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup 2003

redrocket
May 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Well, I haven't posted here much so seeing as I have plenty of free time right now I thought I should. I don't know who is interested or if this has already been mentioned but South Africa has drawn the Czech Republic for the World Group Playoffs in July. And it will be played right here in SA :bounce: . That is great stuff. Now all that needs to be done is for it to be played in Cape Town and I will be there for every match. I think the last time SA played Fed Cup on home soil was back in 1997 against Australia (if i'm not mistaken). If Amanda plays, which i hope she does, i think that they may have a good chance. The tie is 19-20 July. Naturally if they win that they go through to World Group next year. The Czechs are the seeded team for this tie. So good luck to the South African girls. Do us proud.

Zamboni
May 9th, 2003, 09:34 AM
hmm not a bad draw :D

Robbie.
May 9th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Hope they can make the world group :D

butch
May 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Hi redrocket. I'll be there as well. I live in Ceres. I've also decided that, even if it's in Durbs, I'll go. Read an interview with Mariaan de Swardt on the supersportzone the other day, and she said that, as altitude is not Amanda's strength, they'll play in Cape Town or Durban. I wonder if they'll play in the Good Hope Centre (was there when Amanda played Iva Majoli in 1997 as part of the Nelson Mandela Tribute)? It has to be indoors, as we all know how unpleasant the Cape's winters are. Or maybe in Stellenbosch again at the University (where Amanda played Steffi Graf - I was there as well). Anyway, I'll see you there! Go Amanda! Go South Africa!

Zamboni
May 19th, 2003, 08:01 AM
I wished I could be there :sad: