PDA

View Full Version : mikaelian is not that fat

switz
May 9th, 2003, 07:29 AM
i know it's a different angle, but i think it shows that marie is not the biggest girl on tour.

Messenger
May 9th, 2003, 07:34 AM
She is compared to Hantu. Perhaps Daniela picked up some eating tips from Marie during the changeover :)

Messenger
May 9th, 2003, 07:36 AM
By the way Marie has always looked like a normal girl to me, except professional tennis players should be a little slimmer that's all.

switz
May 9th, 2003, 07:37 AM
even venus williams is morbidly obesse compared to hantuchova

rhz
May 9th, 2003, 07:39 AM
She's not fat... she's big!

Gowza
May 9th, 2003, 08:10 AM
she's not fat she is solid. like mary pierce although lately pierce has been fat but she's starting to fix that now.

Dava
May 9th, 2003, 08:12 AM
There is a certain player who I wont name (but she is ranked above Maire, however is not in the top 10) who is bigger then her!

baleineau
May 9th, 2003, 09:49 AM
she's not in Myriam "if it exists, eat it" Casanova's league, but I'd still say Mikaelian will be better of she dropped 5kg. I think she will, as she's just finishing that "awkward" puppy fat age.

Vincent
May 9th, 2003, 09:53 AM
She looks quite fit in that picture, imo.:)
Or she cans do more exercise to be more fit.

novotnaquinton
May 9th, 2003, 10:21 AM
ya
she looks quite fit in that pic

Beat
May 9th, 2003, 10:58 AM
supernice picture, thanks! :)
she already shed a lot of weight (ca. 10 kilos), and it's showing!

arodguy100
May 9th, 2003, 11:39 AM
well at least kim is not as fat as she is :rolleyes:

Princess Fiona
May 9th, 2003, 01:11 PM
she's not in Myriam "if it exists, eat it" Casanova's league, but I'd still say Mikaelian will be better of she dropped 5kg. I think she will, as she's just finishing that "awkward" puppy fat age.

The pressure for young girls to look a certain way is very high... I have not really seen a recent pic of Myriam Casanova but maybe she feels "bad" about her weight? Do you really think "weight comments" like that help?

Princess Fiona
May 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM
And, that's a nice picture of MGM, yes :)

baleineau
May 9th, 2003, 01:44 PM
http://www.iilab.com/lagos/artigos/573.jpg

that's Casanova in the background.

Princess Fiona
May 9th, 2003, 01:56 PM
*looking at the picture*

I just think that weight matters can be so sensitive... What if Myriam or Marie were to read this board and see people making these "fat" comments? Wouldn't it really upset them? They are teenage girls after all and again, there is so much pressure on girls to look a certain way (there is pressure on boys too I know). I know that I can be sensitive about some things... (people must :beware: with me sometimes!! ;) ) Okay, there are matters for "athletes" and I understand this but I think there are times when you have to move carefully...

(I hope that wasn't too "preachy" - I guess I just feel "sensitive" sometimes here... :o ;) )

Beat
May 9th, 2003, 02:06 PM

oh here goes bis again... :rolleyes:

tell me, since when exactly have you been a fan of lindsay's? have you ever seen early pictures of her?

and :worship: fiona for your comments.

Experimentee
May 9th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I've never understood why people say Marie is fat. She is not fat by any stretch of the imagination. I dont even need to look at that pic to say that.
Myriam might look fat to some, but at least she is doing well in tennis and that is what matters. Shes doing better than anyone who calls her fat and should be proud of that.

Princess Fiona
May 9th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Beat!! :worship: :wavey:

(I am not used to posting in General Messages... :) )

Beat
May 9th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I am not used to posting in General Messages... :)

i know, so a thread that makes you do this gets a big cheer from me :D ;)

GrahamD
May 9th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Perhaps Daniela picked up some eating tips from Marie during the changeover :)

Perhaps someone would like to pass Marie some tips on how to close out a game successfully from a winning position!! Hehe!! :devil:

switz
May 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM

honestly can't there be a moderator in charge of keeping this moron of a poster off this board. i am not a violent person, but if i met him i would seriously take great pleasure in punching his lights out. your favourite player was one of the fattest (+ ugliest) girls on tour until her early twenties, yet you seem to have some obsession with saying people are fat. nobody respects anything you say because you never have anything constructive or midly positive to bring up, but instead just talk of how lindsay is going to overtake henin and clijsters in the rankings or how marie, clijsters or myriam are fat or make baseless comments on people's sexuality just because you are a sad excuse of a human being. why don't you just fuck off and go and wank off to a picture of andy roddick, because surely that is the most exciting thing you will ever do with your life!

Rocketta
May 9th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I don't think marie is fat at all but she definitely does not have an athletic looking physique. Neither does Els Callens. I mean just going on looks I wouldn't think she could walk and chew gum at the same time but looks are deceiving. :)

Zamboni
May 9th, 2003, 06:48 PM
She's not fat. She's not skinny either. I'm glad she doesn't look like Hantuchova, god the girl is even way skinnier than me! She really is too thin - the opposite can't be said of Marie!

*JR*
May 9th, 2003, 06:49 PM
The pressure for young girls to look a certain way is very high... I have not really seen a recent pic of Myriam Casanova but maybe she feels "bad" about her weight? Do you really think "weight comments" like that help?
Princess, this isn't directed @ you (or anyone specifically), but is just a general observation: perhaps Myriam (who, unlike MGM, certainly IS fat) would feel hurt by the observation. But your question about the observations helping raises 2 points: first, maybe it would (just as saying "No, Dani, you do NOT look so beautiful now, but almost like a famine victim") might. (It's called "tough love" and other fad type names for: "don't BS me, kid"). Second, the posters here aren't paid to "help"; rather, by going to events, creating TV ratings and demand, ordering merchandise, etc. its the reverse: "us" paying "them". Now if one is stricken with a disease like Corina was, that's different. (Bless her continued health). However, if one is not in top playing condition due to compulsive eating ala Myriam, or whatever nutty idea Dani got about being that thin = glamour, that's their problem (and in a way, ripping off their fans).

Princess Fiona
May 11th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Princess, this isn't directed @ you (or anyone specifically), but is just a general observation: perhaps Myriam (who, unlike MGM, certainly IS fat) would feel hurt by the observation. But your question about the observations helping raises 2 points: first, maybe it would (just as saying "No, Dani, you do NOT look so beautiful now, but almost like a famine victim") might. (It's called "tough love" and other fad type names for: "don't BS me, kid"). Second, the posters here aren't paid to "help"; rather, by going to events, creating TV ratings and demand, ordering merchandise, etc. its the reverse: "us" paying "them". Now if one is stricken with a disease like Corina was, that's different. (Bless her continued health). However, if one is not in top playing condition due to compulsive eating ala Myriam, or whatever nutty idea Dani got about being that thin = glamour, that's their problem (and in a way, ripping off their fans).

Myriam IS fat? I don't know... To me, someone who is fat has lots of chins and big stomach hanging over their clothes!! Would Myriam be ranked as highly as she is if she was so out of shape? Wouldn't she be gasping for breath after every point? (A little like me at the gym sometimes? *cough* ;) ) I know she is an athlete and I know that fans have the input but I think with "shape" matters you have to be so careful... I just don't think comments like "If it exists eat it" help at all. And with matters like eating and self-image I don't think you can level an accusation that a player is "ripping off" their fans in any way. I'm not suggesting that Myriam or Dani or anyone has an eating disorder at all but these things are so complex... An eating disorder is so much "mental" over anything else. If any player, any "person" has an eating disorder what they need is special help and support...

And yes, bless Corina's continued health.. :)

*leaving General Messages again* ;)

tennishotarod
May 11th, 2003, 12:58 PM
honestly can't there be a moderator in charge of keeping this moron of a poster off this board. i am not a violent person, but if i met him i would seriously take great pleasure in punching his lights out. your favourite player was one of the fattest (+ ugliest) girls on tour until her early twenties, yet you seem to have some obsession with saying people are fat. nobody respects anything you say because you never have anything constructive or midly positive to bring up, but instead just talk of how lindsay is going to overtake henin and clijsters in the rankings or how marie, clijsters or myriam are fat or make baseless comments on people's sexuality just because you are a sad excuse of a human being. why don't you just fuck off and go and wank off to a picture of andy roddick, because surely that is the most exciting thing you will ever do with your life!

calm down :rolleyes: bis2806, in reality, is sweet :D

Experimentee
May 11th, 2003, 02:12 PM

How is Myriams weight having a bad effect on her game? Unless you can demonstrate that it is no ones got any right making accusations at her about compulsive eating or whatever. Shes doing fine as she is. Theres a lot of big girls on the tour, like Capriati and Pierce etc, and it doesnt help at all to make mean comments about them if they are playing great. Its people like that who cause eating disorders in this world :mad:

*JR*
May 11th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Whatever the reason, Myriam's been in sort of a slump since her first round loss in the Swisscom last fall. Maybe the added weight isn't the direct cause, but toning up might help? And, Exp'ee, you ducked the central point: these (@ least potentially) very well paid athletes owe it to their "ultimate employers" (the fans) to "show up for work" in reasonably good condition to produce @ their best level (barring illness or injury, of course). Now what about that simple concept merits a :mad: is quite :confused: to me!

Princess Fiona
May 11th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Myriam Casanova is a teenage girl who's had a great impact on the WTA tour Top 100... It really doesn't sound too bad to me! And I still don't understand how she's supposed to be leaving her fans "short changed"? :confused:

And, using that sort of logic, do you think that a favourite singer who you consider to be "overweight" should lose the weight for the fans? I mean, what if the singer were to have a heart attack performing or something? Give up habits such as smoking/drinking etc? I'm sorry but I don't understand this logic at all... :o

Experimentee
May 11th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Whatever the reason, Myriam's been in sort of a slump since her first round loss in the Swisscom last fall. Maybe the added weight isn't the direct cause, but toning up might help? And, Exp'ee, you ducked the central point: these (@ least potentially) very well paid athletes owe it to their "ultimate employers" (the fans) to "show up for work" in reasonably good condition to produce @ their best level (barring illness or injury, of course). Now what about that simple concept merits a :mad: is quite :confused: to me!

No, i understood your post, you ducked my point. You still have not established how exactly Myriam is 'not in good condition', which you claim. She hasnt been in a slump, shes just drawn a lot of top seeds, and given them good fights too. Shes only a top 50 player whos just starting out and relatively inexperienced, so she isnt expected to have dazzlingly great results at this stage. There are other players in a slump, for example, Martina Muller. If Martina was a little overweight i bet people would be blaming it on her weight, but she isnt. If a player has bad results there are other factors other than weight, and anyway i dont think Myriam is in a slump and she doesnt owe it to anyone to change her appearance and if she owes it to her fans then i think those fans would be better off following Anna Kournikova.

*JR*
May 11th, 2003, 04:03 PM
No, i understood your post, you ducked my point. You still have not established how exactly Myriam is 'not in good condition', which you claim. She hasnt been in a slump, shes just drawn a lot of top seeds, and given them good fights too. Shes only a top 50 player whos just starting out and relatively inexperienced, so she isnt expected to have dazzlingly great results at this stage. There are other players in a slump, for example, Martina Muller. If Martina was a little overweight i bet people would be blaming it on her weight, but she isnt. If a player has bad results there are other factors other than weight, and anyway i dont think Myriam is in a slump and she doesnt owe it to anyone to change her appearance and if she owes it to her fans then i think those fans would be better off following Anna Kournikova.
Well, I guess the renowned Melanie Molitor isn't very happy about this, as she's threatened to quit, maybe did and was begged to return, whatever over Myriam's lack of conditioning. Re. Fiona's rock star analogy, sure it's physically demanding, but nowhere near like sports, BTW. Now back to Myriam, take note of the vast improvement "Martina I" made when she became a fitness fanatic. More recently, Anna (then) Smashnova suddenly reached the teens after a quite modest career and credits it to her fitness level. And this is NOT about glamour, so the "or support Anna K." thing is totally off topic; loads of players are fit who aren't famous for glamor.

Experimentee
May 11th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Well, I guess the renowned Melanie Molitor isn't very happy about this, as she's threatened to quit, maybe did and was begged to return, whatever over Myriam's lack of conditioning. Re. Fiona's rock star analogy, sure it's physically demanding, but nowhere near like sports, BTW. Now back to Myriam, take note of the vast improvement "Martina I" made when she became a fitness fanatic. More recently, Anna (then) Smashnova suddenly reached the teens after a quite modest career and credits it to her fitness level. And this is NOT about glamour, so the "or support Anna K." thing is totally off topic; loads of players are fit who aren't famous for glamor.

I havent heard anything about Melanie threatening to quit. Where did you get that information from? Myriam is just starting out so you cant say shes already had a bad career. Getting to top 50 is a great achievement for her age already. Shes not that much in need of improvement.

*JR*
May 11th, 2003, 07:30 PM
I havent heard anything about Melanie threatening to quit. Where did you get that information from? Myriam is just starting out so you cant say shes already had a bad career. Getting to top 50 is a great achievement for her age already. Shes not that much in need of improvement. It was posted on either this board or another as a report from a (Swiss?) paper within the last few weeks. (Of course it could have just been said by Melanie as a "get with the program" message to Myriam that she'd actually say that to a reporter). Now I don't deny that top 50 @ age 17 is good, and don't know where you got the idea that I said "she's already had a bad career". Merely that as the US Army's slogan was until about last year "Be all you can be". Sorry, but if Myriam Casanova (hey, ANOTHER country with names ending in "ova" :D), is fat (just look @ the recent pics), she can't meet THAT standard.