PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with Vera Zvonareva

rhz
May 8th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I know it's to early to say, but her recent results has showed that she's the next big thing. From all the upcoming players that we predicted going to be a threat this year (Her, Kuznetsova, Casanova, Safina and Widjaja) she's the only one who already breaks the top 30. Top 20 will be very very soon..

and she's cute too... :hearts:

Go Vera, i hope the other 4 will continue her footsteps..

Seles_Beckham
May 8th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Agree with you

she just won in Croatia and is in now in QF ( some great wins and even a top 10 player)

Pdm1987
May 8th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I'm v. impressed as well :D. Let's hope she keeps it up!

Dava
May 8th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Shes the biggest prospect on the tour for definate! Heres where she takes the next big leap! If she wins Ill freak, if she loses then, well its another tennis lesson for her.

rhz
May 8th, 2003, 08:47 PM
I don't want her to beat Justine though !

Dava
May 8th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I don't want her to beat Justine though !

Well would you be please in the slightest if she did?

rhz
May 8th, 2003, 08:52 PM
a tiny bit!! but i really want justine to win here and in rome plus paris !! hehehehe

CJ07
May 8th, 2003, 08:52 PM
I think she has a shot to take Justine to 3 if Justine's a bit off, but I'm not sure If she's ready to beat her when Justine's playing at 70%+ percent

but Justine lost to Elena, and she won the title, maybe the same will happen here?

Dava
May 8th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I actually think they have similar games, so it should be interesting to see how they match up, but stupid tournament schedulers wont show it so..

Tarsius
May 8th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Zvonareva is on a roll. I wouldn't be surprised if she upsets Henin.

LeonHart
May 8th, 2003, 11:56 PM
I hope Vera steps it up and wins this...:o

tennischick
May 9th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Vera is indeed impressive. i can't believe the wealth of Russian talent! Vera, Bovina, Myskina, and counting. amazing!

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2003, 12:49 AM
I was impressed when I saw her play Davy in Charleston. She has a powerful forehand and she hits the ball really clean. She has the potential to make the leap into the top 15 by the end of the year, for sure.

Good luck tomorrow against Justy, VeVe! Make it 3 or better yet: WIN! :bounce:

Havok
May 9th, 2003, 12:49 AM
i am sooooooo impresed with VEra, she gets me all exited. she caught my eye and i'll be following her throughout her acreer. let's go Vera, break the top 20, and then the top 10 :bounce:

Mr. Man
May 9th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Well seeing as though Justine has easliy beat her oppenents than Vera going to three sets with her matches, Justine has the edge here. But I hope Vera beats her! :D Go Vera! :kiss:

tennnisfannn
May 9th, 2003, 12:57 AM
if anyone had the Kim/ Vera match from wimbledon last year, watch it again. Unlike many underdogs, Vera was so frustrated with herself last year and she seemed to believe she could take out Kim. Though she lost it in three sets, her attitude impressed me. This girl is going places. I almost wish she wasn't playing Justine, but that is the only way to get better, playing the very best players and giving them a real challenge.

LeonHart
May 9th, 2003, 01:08 AM
if anyone had the Kim/ Vera match from wimbledon last year, watch it again. Unlike many underdogs, Vera was so frustrated with herself last year and she seemed to believe she could take out Kim. Though she lost it in three sets, her attitude impressed me. This girl is going places. I almost wish she wasn't playing Justine, but that is the only way to get better, playing the very best players and giving them a real challenge.
u mean US OPEN? :)

F-R-E-A-K
May 9th, 2003, 01:10 AM
She has impressed me big time! Vera ur playing EXCELLENT!

WhatTheDeuce
May 9th, 2003, 01:20 AM
VERY IMPRESSED...GO VERA :bounce:

Prudence
May 9th, 2003, 03:05 AM
She's won her first title, and she's risen to #25 on the rankings; It's safe to say that we can expect big things from her. I think she'll end the year up just outside the top 10, like 11,12 or 13ish. Then next year, they better make room. :)

~|Naomi|~
May 9th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I've been impressed since the 3rd round of USOPen when she almost beat Kimmie

niceman
May 9th, 2003, 03:18 AM
ddint we see one just like her?
Lina K?.............
so if she is injured, she is gone....

xcrtbckhnd
May 9th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Vera is a great player. Top rate backhand and great anticipation. I think she studies or scouts her opponents well. Her forehand could flatten out a little but I think she's improving this already. Good first serve and okay (compared to everyone else) second serve. Great mover and great clay court skills. She's on the rise and I think her next match will really tell us more about where she is at. I like her attitude and determination. I think the future is extremely bright for her! I remember her from the first time I saw her as the only player to get a set off Serena at last year's FO.

ksgyh
May 9th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Go Vera! You are doing great! I would love it if she could beat everyone in her path, except for Kim. I'm pushing for Kim to get that #2 spot and then to get it secured. But Vera, beat Justine, beat everyone. You are doing wonderful!!!

I know all the Russians girls are doing well with year, but they have been more or less inconsistent. Of them all, I think Vera shows the most potential. If only they would televise more. You know, I really hate living in the US where tennis on TV is driven by ratings and money. Yeah, I know it's a business, but when the French Open finally airs, I pray they will show Kim, Justine, Vera, Dani. I hate it when premiere non-US matchups are going on, yet they choose to air Serena vs some #1067-odd person in the world. Come on, what is more exciting?? OK, that is another post altogether, just venting in preparation for what may be very disappointing French Open coverage over here.

Jordan.
May 9th, 2003, 03:54 AM
:worship: ksgyh

bubble
May 9th, 2003, 05:04 AM
The thing that impressed me about Vera when she was still playing in the juniors is that this girl never gives up.. She is such a fighter..

Go Vera! :)

SpikeyAidanm
May 9th, 2003, 05:07 AM
I don't think many have made 3 Tier 1 QF's dis year ;)

Scorpion
May 9th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Vera is the next big thing!!! :)

skanky~skanketta
May 9th, 2003, 06:12 AM
i've been following her since the juniors and hell yeah she's awesome. BUT i dont want her to beat justine. i want justine to win this thang!only cuz i dont want Big L to take over the #4 spot!but this is vera's 3rd tier 1 QF AND ITS GREAT!she's playing at strasbourg and i hope she wins it there.and she's up to #22 already!she has beaten 2 top 20 players, one top 10!GO VERA!go far at the FO too.

Dava
May 9th, 2003, 07:10 AM
ddint we see one just like her?
Lina K?.............
so if she is injured, she is gone....

Lina never cracked the top 30, and also Vera seems to do better against the top ranked players. I think Vera has more promise then Lina did, also there is more of a buzz around Vera then Lina.

niceman
May 9th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Lina never cracked the top 30, and also Vera seems to do better against the top ranked players. I think Vera has more promise then Lina did, also there is more of a buzz around Vera then Lina.
i thought Lina had more buzz,
coz after all, she did end up #1 in juniors,
and reached RG QF at around same age Vera did,
then she got injured i think in AO the next yr,
and never recovered............
but i hope Vera will do well though...
GOOD LUCK VERA...:D

rikvanlooy
May 9th, 2003, 02:39 PM

Kim is only one year older ?!

niceman
May 9th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Kim is only one year older ?!
yup, that just goes to tell you how much talent there is
in the pack of newcomers born in 83
Bovina, Badanova: TOP 20
Clijsters, Dokic, Hantuchova: TOP 10