PDA

View Full Version : Let yourself surprise Dokic loses. the other favorites progress

tennisIlove09
May 8th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Let yourself surprise Dokic loses. the other favorites progress

Translated by LOGO MEDIA SOFTWARE
Originally written in German by Benedikt Voigt

Source in German : Der Tagesspiegel
09 May 2003

Uzbekistan, that sounds, somehow to Afghanistan or Mongolia or Russia. In any case after a very distant country and a very foreign language. If the tennis player Iroda Tuljaganova, who comes that distant country from even, trains on the tennis installation of red white, she speaks. Spanish. Because she practices with a Spanish training group regularly. And if the Usbekin won an especially important point, she clenches the right fist and screams: . Come on."

With the German Open, Iroda Tuljaganowa spurred on on the end of the third sentence of Jelena Dokic in English once again shortly. Snifter time later had won the 21-year old one 4:6, 6:2 and 7:6. It was first the second small surprise of this tournament, Dokic was sedate at number eight after all. The favorites Kim Clijsters and Jennifer Capriati stand after her two set successes in the quarterfinal.

Really unexpectedly, the young lady's success from Taschkent was not also again. To erratically, her/its/their opponent plays tennis presently. The third sentence was marking for the accomplishment fluctuations of Dokic. First, the Yugoslavian demurred at the stand of 4:5 two match balls, and the Break managed. , In order to lose only her subsequent lapel game. Once again, Dokic created the Break to the 6:6. And virtually then resigned in the Tiebreak with the 0:7.

Otherwise, the tennis friends have get afternoon yesterday to look only favorite victories at the installation at the dog throat. The US-American Jennifer Capriati sedate at number four beat the Frenchwoman Natalie Dechy 6:2, 6:3. The number three Justine Henin-Hardenne from Belgium defeated the Swiss Patty Schnyder 6:3, 6:2. And the number one of the tournament, the Belgian Kim Clijsters, had problems over Fabioala Zuluaga only in the first sentence with its 7:5, 6:3-Erfolg. She had to demur before her friend's Lleyton Hewitt eyes, the Weltranglistenzweiten with the men, at the stand of 2:5 two sentence balls. . I had to get used only to herstyle", Clijsters said. However, the 20-year old one had found into the game after it. . I improve my game on sand from day to day" the Weltranglistenzweite explained.

The Belgian had taken a f?nfw?chige break before the tournament in Berlin and had reached again for the club only in the Fedcup. She had felt exhausted . . I needed this pause", Kim Clijsters said. After the tournament in Miami, where she retired in the semifinal against Serena William, she felt mentally and no bodily more fit. . As I younger was, I didn't listen" so very much to my body. this sounds precocious for one, that becomes in June 21 years old.

However Kim Clijsters is already among this experiences reindeer players on the tour. In Berlin, she is regarded as a favorite after both Williams-Schwestern had to cancel her participation. . It is unfortunate, that they are not here, but it is not correct that they of Williams - sisters every tournament wins", Clijsters says. . We other players showed that we can beat her