PDA

View Full Version : NO.3 The Belgian Kim Clijsters still lacks a Grand-Slam Title

tennisIlove09
May 8th, 2003, 07:59 PM
NO.3 The Belgian Kim Clijsters still lacks a Grand-Slam Title

Translated by LOGO MEDIA SOFTWARE
Originally written in German by Barbara Klimke

Source in German : Berliner-Zeitung
09 May 2003

If Kim Clijsters of these days her work follows, the box seat remains free at the Center Court of the German Open. Her friend has to do in Berlin Anderes, and also Kim Clijsters, the number three of the world, only knows too well: Lleyton Hewitt is to be used to all, only not to the tennis gamble. Balls, she only rarely goes out to him over the network, unless, she spends the Christmas time in the circle of his family in the Australian Adelaide at home; there, they sometimes go to the doubles with his parents or his sister on the place. Also not much is talked about tennis: "Maybe we mention a few matches" once, Kim Clijsters said lately: "But we don't talk about anything specific." Teenager enthusiasm

Obviously, Kim Clijsters and Lleyton Hewitt, the third-best tennis player and the best tennis player of the world, can also occupy themselves differently as with small yellow frisk balls. You know yourself since she was mad about Steffi Graf and he lost his debut on the Centre Court in Wimbledon against Boris Becker. You played doubles together even a while. Allderings is the three year ago, meanwhile, they are 19 relative 22 years old, Routiniers in her business and already idols for a following generation.

Which advice Lleyton Hewitt of his Belgian friend also should give, if she, as in the eighth finale in Berlin on Thursday, against Fabiola Zuluaga lines up - a 24-year old Columbian, whose ranking is 52.. Kim Clijsters hardly had arranged hertowels, there had gone back her already 2:5 and found herself confront three set points. That was the point, at which her match spirit awakened. "I had to turn the match somehow", she later said. Kim Clijsters won the subsequent six games, the match with 7:5 and 6:2 secured half a hour later.

She has arrived at a point long ago, at which players like Zuluaga don't mean any more big challenge. 31 matches, Clijsters played in this year and lost only one, in Scottsdale, against a Kontrahentin, that was not called of William. In the previous year, she won the Masters-Tournament in Los Angeles against Serena William's US-American, the powerful number one of the world,; it, from the twelve titles of her career, probably was the most important triumph. Still however, she has conquer none of the Grand-Slam-Trophy, that heavy loot, that apportions under itself since long time Venus and Serena William. What she separates from the two ones, also Clijsters knows this, a difference is, for which boxers invented weight classes. It is of Serena William bigger, heavier and more powerful than her.

Recuperation after hard games

She had granted herself one month of silence after her last defeat of Serena William and had lined up only for the Belgian Fed-Cup. She felt exhausted , she said in Berlin. The game is more roughly, physically more exhausting than still become before few years, to the heydays of Arantxa Sanchez or Martina Hingis. And nevertheless she found regrettably that the Williams, for differently mysterious reasons, gave up her participation in Berlin. "One always wants to play against the best things", Clijsters said. That Lleyton Hewitt could stand in as a savings ring partner, is impossible incidentally. She doesn't have the lowest chance against him, Kim Clijsters said: He is not to be beaten - besides with the card game.

WtaTour4Ever
May 8th, 2003, 08:52 PM
I hate these jacked up translations!! But thanks for the posting :-)

tennnisfannn
May 9th, 2003, 01:31 AM
I really hope that something got lost in the translation of that title. Otherwise it sounds like the beginning of some of those negative tags accompanying her player's name. For instance Anna K, the superstar who'ss never won a title etc. kim has only been in one slam since she turned her game around after the USO.

~|Naomi|~
May 9th, 2003, 03:42 AM
I really hope that something got lost in the translation of that title. Otherwise it sounds like the beginning of some of those negative tags accompanying her player's name. For instance Anna K, the superstar who'ss never won a title etc. kim has only been in one slam since she turned her game around after the USO.

I agree with you. And those translations are so confusing, and I'm guessing some of the content is wrong cause the Kim quotes are really messed up compared to what she said.
But still thanks for posting :kiss: