PDA

View Full Version : Jen's Back.....

SerenaSlam
May 8th, 2003, 07:47 PM
......reading from the article on Jennifer's win today. They are making it seem like jennifer is Back, as she has climbled all the way back up to number 7 in the world.

Didn't her ranking just drop when Amelie past her up and won Warsaw? I thought it did? And what was the lowest her ranking dropped? Isn't number 7 her lowest ranking to date? Or was she even lower than that? And if she even does well here, with Amelie playing well also, Amelie is just making a nice soft cushion between number 6 and number 7 right now.

And what I read about Kim Clijsters. The seeds so far are going acording to plan or whatever, but I believe with what they were saying is, Kim will have to face jennifer and beat Jennifer to get enough points making it to the finals to pass venus, but that doesn't necessarily mean after rome, venus will then be number 2 as well. But it said if Kim wins the tournie, she is definet number 2, and she has to beat certain "seeds" to become number 2 by getting to the finals. So I guess the Semis isn't going to do it for Kim Clijsters like we all thought. I thought if she got semis here, and semis in Rome, she would have it, but I guess not :rolleyes:

Keith
May 8th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Jen's ranking was once as low as 280 something in the world...so she has made some steps since then

SerenaSlam
May 8th, 2003, 08:20 PM
no, they are talkin about jen climbing back in the rankings since after her eye surgery, her ranking never did fall that much did it? if anything, it has fell even more since she has come back? I mean number 7? She didn't drop this far down from the australian first round loss, b/c Linday didn't get that far, and Amelie didn't play, and they were at the time like 6-7 weren't they?

jenny161185
May 8th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Where is this article Im sure they were just saying how her level of play is back not her ranking. The only reason shes at 7 is because of Australia because she lost 1 st round and was defending champion :rolleyes: Amelie was only defending quater final points and Lindsay didnt play in 2001

CapFan#1
May 8th, 2003, 10:43 PM
It's just the journalists trying to make a story, you know another "comeback" from the "comeback kid". Her ranking since after the Aus Open has fluctuated from 5 to 7. I honestly don't thinkg Jen is worried about it. She has reached the Semis or better in the last 4 tourneys she has played, which is a rather consistent result. She is returning to her peak form with each match and each tourney, and as she said today, she hasn't even come close to peaking yet this year. She'll be top 5 for sure at year's end.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 8th, 2003, 10:53 PM
if she wins this tournament it will indeed be a mini comeback. Hell Im hoping for any american to win it even jen so GO JEN!

billie_jean_king
May 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Jen's going to be coming back into my arms one day.

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 11:50 PM
I really hope she at least makes the final, Kim or no Kim. I'm rooting for her more each day! :bounce:

Mase
May 9th, 2003, 12:28 AM
I really hope she at least makes the final, Kim or no Kim. I'm rooting for her more each day! :bounce:

Me too, loving your spirit Cariosity!!!!!! :wavey:

tennnisfannn
May 9th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Jen has definitely come along way from losing first and second round to players like Alex and Martinez(remember the bagel) . Her recent losses have been to players ranked ahead of her and in very tight matches. Thats when i started falling for jen, coz i realized how much i missed seeing her play. Venus and Serena are my absolute favourites but i thoroughly enjoy watching jen. She does make some incredible gets and with her you can never be too confident, she keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire match. Go Jen :D