PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Thursday?

Danke Anke
May 8th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know what match will be televised on ESPN tomorrow and at what time? (Please no Capriati contre Dechy, Dechy puts me to sleep :rolleyes: ).

Thanks!

WtaTour4Ever
May 8th, 2003, 12:23 AM
What Tennis ON TELEVISION .... I'm in shock!! I only hope the seeds advance so I can finally see Henin /Mauresmo even though they would probably air Capriati/Clisters.

Scotso
May 8th, 2003, 12:24 AM
ESPN doesn't have coverage of it ?

xin
May 8th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Are you sure it's gonna show it at all?

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 12:29 AM
dont' think so. I just went to espn's site. the only tennis scheduled is May 12, Women @ Rome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleWeek?sport=TN

Danke Anke
May 8th, 2003, 12:35 AM
but http://www.tennis.com/progame/custom.sps?itype=1204

UDiTY
May 8th, 2003, 12:37 AM
The same is on the Yahoo Tennis Page, I think they have coverage tomorrow. I'll be watching...... :)

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I'll watch anyway but I trust ESPN to know what they're going to be showing.

CJ07
May 8th, 2003, 12:41 AM
youd be suprised ;)

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 12:43 AM
I just checked dish network's channel guide and it says WTA tennis. I time recorded it... so we'll see.

WhatTheDeuce
May 8th, 2003, 01:46 AM
on my directv guide it says espn will broadcast WTA german open...so i think it is on :)

WtaTour4Ever
May 8th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Mine doesn't show it!!! What time is this supposed to be airing?

shap_half
May 8th, 2003, 02:19 AM
yeah no it's not gonna shown here in the east coast comcast. wtf!?!?!? i want to watch tennis!!!

Spirit
May 8th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Every weekend, I create a thread in which I list all the tennis programs on TV in the U.S. which I can find, for the coming two weeks. This includes matches on ESPN.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=68215

ktwtennis
May 8th, 2003, 11:35 AM
http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/espn/grid.asp?partner_id=ESPN

ESPN's site has it listed...

CJ07
May 8th, 2003, 12:47 PM
I wonder who they're showing?

maccardel
May 8th, 2003, 12:54 PM
There's no listing of tennis at all.

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 01:17 PM
In my area its showing at 330pm... Thats pretty damn exciting!!

CJ07
May 8th, 2003, 01:29 PM
probably JenCap vs. Dechy

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 01:29 PM

Thats what Im thinking too...

gourownway
May 8th, 2003, 03:27 PM

I hope so, I set the VCR. My Direct TV programing has ESPN showing WTA Tennis at 12:30.

maccardel
May 8th, 2003, 03:33 PM
In my area its showing at 330pm... Thats pretty damn exciting!!

Where can I find these listings cos I checked the website and tvguide.com and nothing. As far as I'm conderned, the tennis doesn't start until tomorrow.

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I went to the link given by KTWTENNIS, it brought me to ESPN's website, I put in my zip code and then it showed up... so Im going to go by that.

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM
I have Comcast cable and when I went home on lunch, the on-screen menu IS NOT showing tennis for this afternoon, so I really dont have a clue whats going on... :confused:

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 05:20 PM
true, that might be an espn.com link but the content is provided by cable/sat. providers! if it was indeed showing, don't you think it would also be listed in the tennis tv section of the site and not in the 'listings in your area' site? this is baffling.

dish network is still showing tennis at 3:30 taped. :rolleyes: if I get world's strongest competition hour 2, I'm going to be pissed.

maccardel
May 8th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I am tired of those world's strongest competition too. How many times are they gonna show the same thing and what gets me is when they show the women.....I think when they start showing women pulling tires and tanks and every thing in sight they need to stop. Maybe they will have a teen competition and a juniors and a baby's competition too....Espn really went down in programming these pass few months. They really suck!!!

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Not only that but theys show ones from like 1997!!! WHO GIVES A F*CK?!?!?!?!

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 05:42 PM
ROFLMAO! that's what I'm saying...

if they show the one from '83, I'm boycotting!

I mean come the hell on; they could be showing tennis LIVE instead of sportscenter for 9 straight hours. I'm getting pissed. :mad:

gourownway
May 8th, 2003, 06:33 PM
ROFLMAO! that's what I'm saying...

if they show the one from '83, I'm boycotting!

I mean come the hell on; they could be showing tennis LIVE instead of sportscenter for 9 straight hours. I'm getting pissed. :mad:

LOL...what about the Tennis Channel? ....Wait, oh yeah, I forgot, urban legend.

I found myself watching the world series of poker the other night...it was either that or the lumberjack championships. :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 06:39 PM
ROFL! let's not forget bowling! damn I get so excited when they put their gloves on and then after they roll the ball they undo that one velcro strap. DAMN! that turns me on... :rolleyes:

I mean when you turn the channels and get the SPEED channel and their subject is 'how white the sport is and how a little color will bring a little drama' you know you've scraped the bottom of the barrel in sports viewing. *shakes head*

Mase
May 8th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Oh its sad, ESPN is very, very sad... Some of the things they'll show over LIVE tennis is just U-G-L-Y!!!!!!!!!!!

Julian
May 8th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know what match will be televised on ESPN tomorrow and at what time? (Please no Capriati contre Dechy, Dechy puts me to sleep :rolleyes: ).

Thanks!

It's on over here at 3:30 as well. And as for Nathalie Dechy..I LOVE SEEING HER PLAY! :hearts:

But in terms of a good match I would like to see the Tulyaganova-Dokic match. :)

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Just as I thought... :rolleyes: Good ole ESPN

BK4ever
May 8th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I hate ESPN :rolleyes: Why Lie? I just dont understand...

treufreund
May 8th, 2003, 08:51 PM
They never had secured the rights in the first place. If the TENNIS CHANNEL knew that they would not have their shit* together then they should have turned over the rights to ESPN for the Sake of the sport they purport to care about. It's probably not ESPN's fault but the damn tennis channel which will only be available in a few markets anyways. :rolleyes:

Mark43
May 8th, 2003, 09:07 PM
My onscreen menu says WTA tennis from 3:30-5pm and they are showing this f*cking ridiculous World's Biggest Moron contest!

WTF?

I just don't get it. Does it have something to do with the increasingly f*cked up Tennis Channel? Do they have the rights to this tourney?

Meesh
May 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Just think ... they will covering 3 of the 4 SLAMS! We are soo screwed!

Julian
May 8th, 2003, 09:27 PM
My onscreen menu says WTA tennis from 3:30-5pm and they are showing this f*cking ridiculous World's Biggest Moron contest!

WTF?

I just don't get it. Does it have something to do with the increasingly f*cked up Tennis Channel? Do they have the rights to this tourney?

OMFG!! Where is the tennis!?? My TV Guide said Tennis from Berlin and when I switched to that channel at 3:30 (all excited lmao) there was this stupid world's strongest man contest!?? What people watch this bullshit!!?? :fiery:

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 09:33 PM
ok this is just pissing me off, more and more when I think about it.

wtf has the rights for this tourney?

gourownway
May 8th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Ah Hell!!!

No I'm gonna go home to a tape filled with Strongest Man and Pool!!!!

Jezz, might as well have been watching poker, bowling, lumberjacks, oh maybe someday they will show jump rope contests too!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

croat123
May 8th, 2003, 11:01 PM
For once it is not espn's fault. The tennis channel (which supposedly launches next week and which will ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO 3-4 MILLION people) has hogged up all the rights to just about everything but the grandslams. :fiery: This means that the other 99% of tennis fans will get to watch two straight weeks of agassi, roddick, blake, chang, and jen (although she is one of my faves) 3 times a year :fiery: damn TTC

theheninfan
May 8th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know what matches they showed today? My VCR was set to record it while I was at school today, but the power went out and messed the VCR all up! :(

Cariaoke
May 8th, 2003, 11:53 PM
ESPN showed NO matches today. that is why everyone is pissed.

there's a lot of fault to go around...
1. tennis channel for buying up the rights with no viewing public.
2. cable/satellite providers who refuse to carry the channel
3. espn for misleading people

Meesh
May 9th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know what matches they showed today? My VCR was set to record it while I was at school today, but the power went out and messed the VCR all up! :(

Well gather the whole family around to watch the Big Man Competition cause that's what was on!

LeonHart
May 9th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Well gather the whole family around to watch the Big Man Competition cause that's what was on!
omg..im so excited! who's gonna win?? :o

gourownway
May 9th, 2003, 01:24 AM
omg..im so excited! who's gonna win?? :o

IT WAS FEAKIN AMAZING!!!! :eek: :eek:

Jen won!!! She pulled a 2 ton truck 36 feet!!!!

Poor Justine :confused: As she tried to pull the truck she poped one of her eyes out. But not to worry Kim was there. She picked it up, dusted it off and shoved it back in!

AMAZING I tell ya!

Spirit
May 9th, 2003, 01:56 AM
3. espn for misleading people

To be fair, ESPN has the right to change their programming, and whenever they changed it, it had to have been long ago.

Both tvguide.com and ESPN's own site have not listed tennis for May 8 for at least the past two weeks. They must have at one time long in the past for several other TV guides (including tennis.com) to state otherwise, but the mistaken information was very old.

I would actually blame the various TV guides who don't update their information, rather than ESPN.

For more distinct possibilities of tennis not being shown on ESPN when some TV guides say it will, click here (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=68215).

auntie janie
May 9th, 2003, 02:05 AM
To be fair, ESPN has the right to change their programming, and whenever they changed it, it had to have been long ago.

Both tvguide.com and ESPN's own site have not listed tennis for May 8 for at least the past two weeks. They must have at one time long in the past for several other TV guides (including tennis.com) to state otherwise, but the mistaken information was very old.

I would actually blame the various TV guides who don't update their information, rather than ESPN.

For more distinct possibilities of tennis not being shown on ESPN when some TV guides say it will, click here (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=68215).

Spirit, I looked at the listings on espn.com TODAY. And it said Tennis at 3:30 loud and clear. :mad:

Spirit
May 9th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Spirit, I looked at ESPN.COM TODAY. And it said Tennis at 3:30 loud and clear. :mad:

Well, poop. Sorry. It didn't say it when I looked during the past couple of weeks.

Sorry, everyone! Carry on blaming ESPN.

auntie janie
May 9th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Well, poop. Sorry. It didn't say it when I looked during the past couple of weeks.

Sorry, everyone! Carry on blaming ESPN.

Okay! :D

Here is what I copied off today's listings:

TENNIS: German Open 3:30 p.m. ESPN

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2003, 02:43 AM
*goes back to blaming ESPN*

4. for not securing rights to this tournament and allowing it to be bought by someone else. dumbasses.

maccardel
May 9th, 2003, 05:08 AM
My pop up guide showed tennis at 3:30 pm today too. I can't imagine why they decided to show a tape of an archive competition that long since belonged on ESPN classic instead of the tennis that it advertised. I guessed it's because only one american was in action and it was a short match so why waste the time when there is no content. Go figure, this is what happens when they make their business to show only americans. Imagine if they were showing ATP's Rome where all the americans were eliminated in the early rounds, then there will be no telecast of the tourney at all or they would go back to show a tape of Anna Kournikova at Sea Island maybe.