PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Leslie and Elena Bovina: Who is taller?

J_Migoe
May 7th, 2003, 06:30 AM
I believe that they both stand at 6"3-on paper that is but I am wondering, who is taller out of the two.

By the way, Lisa Leslie is the WNBA basketball star, arguably the best female basketballer in histroy!

geoepee
May 7th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Lisa Leslie is a little bit taller than Bovina, she's 6'5"

I'm not sure about Lisa being the best player ever, but she's certainly one of the greatest players to ever play women's basketball. just my opinion ;)

J_Migoe
May 7th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Lisa Leslie is a little bit taller than Bovina, she's 6'5"

I'm not sure about Lisa being the best player ever, but she's certainly one of the greatest players to ever play women's basketball. just my opinion ;)

Wow! she is 6"5'! Is Lisa the tallest female player in the WNBA?

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 11:28 PM
I think Lisa is 6'5 or 6'6... Lena is only 6'3 1/4.

UDiTY
May 7th, 2003, 11:29 PM

No way, the tallest player is Margo Dydek, she's 7-2 and on the San Antonio Starzz. She's from Poland. And why are we talking about the WNBA? And Bovina is shorter than Lindsay anyway. :)

http://www.wnba.com/media/act_margo_dydek.jpg

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 11:29 PM
No... Margo something is like 7 feet tall.

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Bovina is taller than Lindsay... pictures have proved that.

UDiTY
May 7th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Bovina is taller than Lindsay... pictures have proved that.

Can you show me one?? Not that I am disagreeing with you.

And man what an accomplishment for Elena, to be the tallest on the tour, it's not like she's done anything else.

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Nice try to bait me by knocking Lena... I don't believe I need to mention that she defeated Venus. :)

http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/pc/winner/images/doubles_w05.jpg

As you can see... Lena is slightly taller. It's not conclusive evidence, but it's the best I got. :)

Plus, I've stood next to Lena several times... and she is a legit 6'3, at least, as she's a bit taller than me. Lindsay is never mentioned at being more than 6'2 - 6'2 1/2.

UDiTY
May 7th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the pic, looks close to me.

Oh, and you have been knocking Venus a lot lately, because of her bad loss to that lousy lower ranked player in some challenger. :)

Leena
May 8th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the pic, looks close to me.

Oh, and you have been knocking Venus a lot lately, because of her bad loss to that lousy lower ranked player in some challenger. :)
It wasn't a challenger, it was an exhibition... if Vee was playing challengers, we'd really have something to worry about. :p

I'm not knocking Vee when I mention that match... I like Vee. I only do that because 1) I like to tease a few Vee fans, and 2) I'm very proud of mah Lena, and that's her best win. :)

UDiTY
May 8th, 2003, 12:06 AM
It wasn't a challenger, it was an exhibition... if Vee was playing challengers, we'd really have something to worry about. :p

I'm not knocking Vee when I mention that match... I like Vee. I only do that because 1) I like to tease a few Vee fans, and 2) I'm very proud of mah Lena, and that's her best win. :)

Oh sorry, you got me that was a typo. That was Elena's best win, yer right, but stop using it against Venus fans in this time of struggle. :)

Leena
May 8th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Oh sorry, you got me that was a typo. That was Elena's best win, yer right, but stop using it against Venus fans in this time of struggle. :)
Pfff... she's far from struggling. :)

She lost 1 match to Meghann, and got injured vs. Amelie.

J_Migoe
May 8th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Pfff... she's far from struggling. :)

She lost 1 match to Meghann, and got injured vs. Amelie.

Correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think Bovina has ever beaten Venus in a tennis match! :hearts: :angel:

Leena
May 8th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Correctly if I'm wrong but I don't think Bovina has ever beaten Venus in a tennis match! :hearts: :angel:
Elena Bovina d. Venus Williams 3-6 6-4 7-5 2002 Collins Cup.

I have 3 copies of the match if you want it. :p

J_Migoe
May 8th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Wow! I didn't hear that. So, who won the 2002 Collins Cup?

Leena
May 8th, 2003, 03:05 AM
The US won every match except Lena's win. :p

That makes Lena's win all the more impressive. :)

J_Migoe
May 8th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Leena, is the game structure for the Collins Cup similar to the Fed Cup. By the way, I didn't know that there was such a tournament called the Collins Cup until the beginning of this year.

WtaTour4Ever
May 8th, 2003, 03:25 AM
WOW I didn't realize she was so freakin tall!!

J_Migoe
May 8th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Who? Bovina or Leslie?

Leena
May 8th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Leena, is the game structure for the Collins Cup similar to the Fed Cup. By the way, I didn't know that there was such a tournament called the Collins Cup until the beginning of this year.
No... I'm not totally sure on it, but I think they just played a bunch of matches, and whoever had the most wins won. :)

J_Migoe
May 8th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Oh!...OK..thanks!

SerenaSlam
May 8th, 2003, 03:10 PM
by the way, for you all that were "wondering" lisa is exactly 6'6" 3/4 :)

Experimentee
May 8th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I've stood next to Lena too, and she is so big! I'm short so i cant imagine her height, just much taller than me! She was standing behind a tall fence once, and i could still see her head!