PDA

View Full Version : First Monica, then Venus ....

Sofiane
May 7th, 2003, 01:09 AM
The media tried to retire Monica, she is still around, they got tired now venus lost like three matches and they speculate about her retirement.
Anna is in a slump (a long one minde you :O) they want her to retire.
I mean why tennis writers wants those ladies to retire? I don't get a clue.
Anyway I hope they stick around as long as their bodies allows them to.

CondiLicious
May 7th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Yeah I said that in one of the other Venus retirement topics.

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 01:15 AM
for sure.

Why should these women retire while they're still able to do what they do?

I could see if it was just an age thing like Agassi and Pete. Monica is not much older than Lindsay, Jennifer and Chanda yet she's the only one in the bunch being asked about retirement.

If you don't eat, sleep and fart tennis, you should retire in the minds of some of these assholes who get paid to write pages and pages of b.s. so it'll appear that they're experts when very few of them have even picked up a racquet. :rolleyes:

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Thats because the reporters out there covering tennis HATE tennis and tennis players. In any other sport do they dog athletes who are doing well like this?

Sofiane
May 7th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Thats because the reporters out there covering tennis HATE tennis and tennis players. In any other sport do they dog athletes who are doing well like this?

That is what I was thinking, they all must be underacheivers Tennis wise :p

Janet
May 7th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Ingor those stupid tennis writers!! they think they can read the mind of these players............they just love to write about stupid thinks and for fans like us to believe everything they write!!! but for me I don't belive everything I read!!!!!!!

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Actually in EVERY other sport they do it moreso. Did you know you can actually "boo" another team in any other sport and not be called a racist? Did you know that when a sports writer comments on Iverson's shooting habits, it is "smart, respected, constructive criticism" and not "stupid garbage by a stupid person"?

Moving on, they want Venus and Monica to retire because they probably don't like them. Monica is mutilating her career and Venus is rolling downhill at the speed of gravity. Perhaps it would be better for them.

anton
May 7th, 2003, 02:12 AM
go venus

faboozadoo15
May 7th, 2003, 02:59 AM
mutilating her career? i don't think anyone will forget the domination, nor will they forget the beloved champion we are lucky to still see play. monica has a special place in the books already. she can only add to it. and besides, what has monica done to mutilate anything? the only reason why she is low in the rankings is because she only has 12 tournaments. and the only reason for that is that she fell at the australian open. she still dazzles the crowds, who needs to quit? clearly she is having the most fun with her tennis and is still at the elite level even with an injury, so i really don't understand what you mean...

persond
May 7th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Actually in EVERY other sport they do it moreso. Did you know you can actually "boo" another team in any other sport and not be called a racist? Did you know that when a sports writer comments on Iverson's shooting habits, it is "smart, respected, constructive criticism" and not "stupid garbage by a stupid person"?

Moving on, they want Venus and Monica to retire because they probably don't like them. Monica is mutilating her career and Venus is rolling downhill at the speed of gravity. Perhaps it would be better for them.

Do you mean "better for them", as in what was "best for Hingis"??? Surely, Venus' career "rolling downhill at the speed of gravity", is no "faster" than what happened to Hingis' CAREER, don't you agree...??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not to mention what happened to "ANNA"...!!!

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 06:31 AM
o000o wrote: "rolling downhill at the speed of gravity" man dude, it sounds like your talking about Martina Hingis's ankles here? This is Venus fucking Williams that were talking about. You know the kid who has NOT choked in slams and seems to be "working on her serve". As well as "working on your nerve".. lol

o0000. U need to slap yourself upside your head with a WET TROUT while cracking yourself upside the head holding a glass bottle for your post. Hingis and Anna fans have no business stating those words. It's very unbecoming and only makes one look at their faults.

Scorch
May 7th, 2003, 06:45 AM
So Dawn takes the bait and starts to bash Martina!

Different day, same old shit.

BTW what the hell does 'speed of gravity' mean?

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Same shit same day.

Talking about Dawnie taking the bait, when she is not even a moderator. Shut the fuck up. "U" can keep looking at it like that. for years.. don't know where U been...?

I look at it like this: Not giving a flying ass about ripping another player to shreds as long as the asshole is still in here.

peace out:);)

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 07:11 AM
"speed of gravity" is how fast Martina has fallen off the tennis map and how many miles she covered on the court as her mom's robot.

moby
May 7th, 2003, 10:40 AM
i dont mean to sound patronising
but gravity is an acceleration :rolleyes:
and acceleration is the derivitive of velocity over time :rolleyes:

it is not speed (because even velocity is not speed. velocity is a vector while speed is a scalar)
and to say it is distance is simply taboo!!!

i dont see why martina is dragged into this at all :(