PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want The Williamses To Do?

CJ07
May 6th, 2003, 11:21 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20030430/capt.sge.fbn62.300403125118.photo00.default-370x384.jpg

After Reading A Recent Article, I Said To Myself, "Oh Lord, Not Again."

Williams Finals Are Boring, BLAH BLAH BLAH
Williams Domination is bad for the game, BLAH BLAH BLAH
Women's Tennis is losing its edge, BLAH BLAH BLAH

It's Getting A Bit Redundent

But I Ask You, Fair Messegeboarders,

What Do You Expect Them To Do?

Lose?
Retire?
What?

I Really Want To Know

Especially You Williams Haters, Because Last Time I Heard, The Sisters Changed The Game For The Better, And Their Matches Are Getting Even More And More Competitive

but maybe I'm mistaken

Someone PLEASE Explain!

Dava
May 6th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Serena is great for the sport, she brings crowds, and loads of other things to, shes great to watch I always tune in for her matches! Venus, well if venus gets out of bed on the right side of a morning it can be good.

I think they should stay!

Leena
May 6th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I expect them to do whatever they want to do.

CJ07
May 6th, 2003, 11:59 PM
2 replies?

pff

I guess all the Williams Haters Are Off To Bed

Mr. Man
May 7th, 2003, 12:10 AM
2 replies?

pff

lmao, I guess so.

so I vote..Do whatever makes them happy and keep dominating the game untill retirement! :worship:

'They Should Keep Playing Each And Every Final, If People Don't Like It, They Should Get Better And Stop Bitching About It!'

CJ07
May 7th, 2003, 12:12 AM
well i was specifically refering to people biotching (Game Set and *uck You, Miss Wade) about them playing in GS finals

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 12:18 AM
They're supposed to do what they feel is best for themselves just like every other player does and what they 've done all along. The tour didn't put them where they are, the fans didn't do it, the haters sure as hell didn't do it. They did it.

Screw the haters.

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 12:19 AM
2 replies?

pff

No, I'm here... let's argue. :p

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 12:20 AM
First option... VENUS AND SERENA DO YOU AND TAKE EVERY DAMN TITLE ON EARTH! :devil:

Man fuck the haters. If they know they've gotten to you, it's an orgasm for them. I'm so over the petty, jealous, I need a fucking life posters that I literally see through them... or is it the ignore button. ;)

CJ07
May 7th, 2003, 12:29 AM
No, I'm here... let's argue. :p
oh lets ;)

whats been up w/ your girl to begin with?

Lisbeth
May 7th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Hmmm. If you mean what's my preference, then I would like to see some but not all Venus-Serena finals. However, if they reach every final by their talent and beating six other players each, then of course they should play every final.

I kind of know what you mean about them being between a rock and a hard place but fortunately they don't seem to let it get to them!

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 12:49 AM
My initial thought was "RETIRE!", but then I realized that Venus is past her prime and Serena can only go down from her current position of holding every Grand Slam. So I'd rather enjoy watching the free-fall from the top of the game. Nothing like a few good whippings like Venus has already shown us this year, eh? More of those losses to follow! :)

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 12:51 AM
My initial thought was "RETIRE!", but then I realized that Venus is past her prime and Serena can only go down from her current position of holding every Grand Slam. So I'd rather enjoy watching the free-fall from the top of the game. Nothing like a few good whippings like Venus has already shown us this year, eh? More of those losses to follow! :)

She hasn't had as many whoopings as your girl Anna did.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Oh please if anyone here thinks I take Anna seriously get a clue! I admire her more for her looks and her taste in doubles partners. ;)

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 01:02 AM
And her doubles partner had to retire because of all the whoppings she was taking.

Infiniti2001
May 7th, 2003, 01:10 AM

Of course o0O0o had to stop by with his incoherent rantings as always. I pity you man , the Williames seem to weigh heavily on mind day in and day out. :rolleyes: I knew you were the type who owns a large blow-up photo or doll of Anna to do who knows what ewwwwwww :o :eek:

Topic related--- The Williames could do whatever the hell they please-- they don't need the approval of anyone :fiery: :devil:

UDiTY
May 7th, 2003, 01:33 AM
The third option should be:

They should retire(so my fave actually has a chance of winning something.) :wavey:

Mikey
May 7th, 2003, 01:40 AM
If people have a problem with them winning too much, I have a simple solution: Suck it :)

And they can go out there and see how well they do against them :D

:angel:

vs1
May 7th, 2003, 01:47 AM
The way I look at it is...every player in a tournament should try to play at their personal best. The two best players of that tournament should play in the finals, whether they are sisters or not. It seems silly to expect anything else. In sports, we expect outstanding results from our heros and athletes. All of them. Anything else would be disappointing.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:17 AM
And her doubles partner had to retire because of all the whoppings she was taking.

Yes, you mean like when Hingis was at her LOWEST point and her rival at her HIGHEST, how Hingis lost 1-6 1-6. Oh, wait a minute....

....or that time when Hingis lost 0-6 0-6 to someone who may as well retire for embarrassment's sake? Hey, wait a minute...

:kiss:

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Yes, you mean like when Hingis was at her LOWEST point and her rival at her HIGHEST, how Hingis lost 1-6 1-6. Oh, wait a minute....

....or that time when Hingis lost 0-6 0-6 to someone who may as well retire for embarrassment's sake? Hey, wait a minute...

:kiss:

Yes but she couldn't beat Venus after that could she? And Monica sure took care of her at last years US Open. She had to retire after even lower ranked players were beating her. at least Monica is not a quitter.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Hingis plays the worst match of her career (-30 something winners/errors) and takes 6 games off Monica. Monica plays the worst match of her career and wins 0 games off Hingis. Sorry buddy but if you want to argue statistics than HINGIS v. SELES is not in your favor at all. Gloriously, not at all. :)

And I know Monica isn't a quitter but are you sure? I think most of us don't know the difference...after all, she's made it to the TV coverage rounds of tournaments just as much as Martina Hingis lately. ;)

anton
May 7th, 2003, 03:12 AM
go venus

faboozadoo15
May 7th, 2003, 03:19 AM
hmmm she has made 2 finals... and martina's loss to monica at the us open was not her worst match ever. what about a 6-0 6-2 drubbing by dokin in a slam? i love martina, but come on! also, martina was able to compete in the us open match, while monica should have retired during/before her match against martina, but she's too much of a lady.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Wow I can't belive you guys are arguing over martina and monica! Monica = champion still going strong and competing with heart
Martina = ex champion with no will to work when things got tough

everyone knows that when martina was actually forced to put some work into her game and rise to the challenged that she didn't have the heart, will, or mind neccessary. Hopefully Venus does not follow in her footsteps. Of course venus main challenge is serena while martina had venus, serena, jen, lindsay, and heck even daniela, kim, and justine, and jelena were giving her fits....

GO MONICA! GO SERENA! GO VENUS! GO LINDSAY! GO JEN(though u still get on my last nerve sometimes)

moby
May 7th, 2003, 11:30 AM
cybelle, before you say anything about martina you should do your homework. martina is having a very fruitful life now studying, skiing and horseriding.

i thought the williams fans were the ones saying that martina doesnt have a life outside tennis? now she's immersing herself in one and she gets criticised. :rolleyes:

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Actually, Hingis has more of a life now than she did before. Certainly, she is enjoying herself more than she was playing the same old tournaments over and over. So I'm very happy for her :hearts: and I'm sure you would be too if your favorite was half as interesting and attractive.

But where would I want Martina to be? Should she play like Monica and lose early every tournament? Or have fun with something new? Monica seems content to lose, so whatever works for her is fine.

Mase
May 7th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Actually, Hingis has more of a life now than she did before. Certainly, she is enjoying herself more than she was playing the same old tournaments over and over. So I'm very happy for her :hearts: and I'm sure you would be too if your favorite was half as interesting and attractive.

But where would I want Martina to be? Should she play like Monica and lose early every tournament? Or have fun with something new? Monica seems content to lose, so whatever works for her is fine.

Monica seems content to lose??? She still makes it to the quarters OR better in just about every tournament she plays.. I have a hard time swalloing that comment which is eluding to the fact that she's a LOSER... Please. :rolleyes:

Zenith
May 7th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Haven't you guys learnt not to argue with zeros :rolleyes: .

Mase
May 7th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Yead but dude sometimes when its such a stupid ass comment, its hard not to say anything.. Temper, temper... lol

Mr. Man
May 7th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Haven't you guys learnt not to argue with zeros :rolleyes: .
http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/lachen70.gif

naw you guys, Martina=quitter. ;)

SJW
May 7th, 2003, 06:30 PM
i think they should move into my house :D

SerenaSlam
May 7th, 2003, 06:42 PM
put it to you like this, if they were being placed in the finals every singles time, then id say it was time for a change, and see some other people in the finals. but the sheer fact, that in the last 4 grand slams, they have rightfully earned their spot in the finals of the slams, no one in the entire world has any say, as to how far they should get in the slams, and who they should play in the slam finals.

actually to take that back, there is a say so in the matter, and that is the rest of the wta, untill they can find a player to beat them before the final round, then they will continue to get there. you can "want" them to stop getting to the finals, but you can't just instantly "make" them stop getting their.

Reminder, all these sisters are doing is playing tennis, something everyone else is doing, but guess who is doing it better? Id say the ones that have played in the last 4 grandslams.

Its like saying you want this world famous doctor to stop working on all the patients, and let other doctors have a chance, when truth be told, he is the better doctor, most reccomended, and everyone wants to go to him.

Its in the hands of the players, not us. Face the facts, truth be told, if the sisters played the next 5 grand slam tournies flawlessly, the would be in the finals everytime. but everyone isn't perfect, the time will come when there will be sitting a new perosn in the finals. but i doubt the winner won't be named williams :)

Kart
May 7th, 2003, 06:49 PM
I don't want them to do anything.

I wouldn't mind though if they told certain people to give it a rest though ...

lee station
May 7th, 2003, 06:57 PM
If they retired it would be a loss to women's tennis. They must continue.

SJW
May 7th, 2003, 07:04 PM
if both retired my fave in the top 10 would be Jennifer :p

Cybelle Darkholme
May 15th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Hmm retired at 22? Yes she had a great career but what does she have now? Riding horses all day? Skiing? Yeah thats a full life. Whoops I forgot shes taking a conversational english class which I think is good. The rest? whatever. A life riding horses in no life at all imo.