PDA

View Full Version : ARROGANT Justine Henin-Hardenne

leslie
May 6th, 2003, 11:01 PM
BERLIN -- Justine Henin-Hardenne began her German Open title defense Tuesday by overpowering Daja Bedanova of the Czech Republic 6-4, 6-1.

The second-seeded Belgian won in 74 minutes, taking advantage of her opponent's weak second serve.

"I probably didn't play my best tennis today, but I did my job,'' Henin-Hardenne said.

The $1.2 million clay-court event drew seven of the world's top 10 players.

Henin-Hardenne has been working harder with weights in hopes of better competing with Serena and Venus Williams.

"I had to get stronger or I have no chance -- and I worked so hard I cried sometime,'' she said. "I've definitely closed the gap. I think clay is my best surface. Maybe when I win a major it will be the French Open.''

Daniela Hantuchova edged Austria's Barbara Schett 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 to join Henin-Hardenne in the third round. Since reaching the Australian Open quarterfinals, Hantuchova has made numerous early exits, including three losses to players ranked 69th or lower.

"I don't know why I've been losing some of these matches,'' she said. "I try not to think about it.''

Twelfth-seeded Eleni Daniilidou of Greece downed German qualifier Angelika Bachmann 6-2, 6-2; 14th-seeded Meghann Shaughnessy defeated Iva Majoli of Croatia 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-4; and 16th-seeded Anna Pistolesi of Israel routed Tatiana Panova of Russia 6-1, 6-1.

Former Wimbledon winner Conchita Martinez, who won this event in 1998 and 2000, lost to Germany's Marlene Weingartner 6-2, 7-5. Weingartner had never won in her homeland.

Check the bold sentence out. When Serena says stuff like that everyone jumps down her throat and says how arrogant she is. I do not see any one jumping down Justine's throat where is the fairness here people.

Ryan
May 6th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Wtf? How was that arrogant? She said she did her job, which was to come out and win. She never slighted her opponent or anything, she just commented that she didn't play her best tennis. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
May 6th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Wtf? How was that arrogant? She said she did her job, which was to come out and win. She never slighted her opponent or anything, she just commented that she didn't play her best tennis. :rolleyes:

umm, I think that was the point she was trying to point out. That when certain other players say they didn't play their best but they won they are accused of being arrogant and not giving the other players their credit.

Mikey
May 6th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Note the cliche: "Two wrongs don't make a right"

Just b/c they do it to Serena doesn't mean that it's right. I do believe that you've been more petty and arrogant by saying that just to avenge the criticism on your favorite. Way to go :rolleyes:

It's not arrogant here, nor is it arrogant when Serena does it.

jenny161185
May 6th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Yeah this isn t being arrogant its just stating the obvious - no1 wants to peak in their first match of a tourney either

harloo
May 6th, 2003, 11:10 PM
LOL. Just let Serena say she is not playing her best tennis and she is sooooooooooo arrogant. Whatever people! Maybe people should check some of Justines comments after some of her wins in big matches. Her comments never seem to make the cut around here. Hmmm I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Dava
May 6th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Well I have to agree, Daja did play well...

Giuliano
May 6th, 2003, 11:14 PM
If you're trying to prove that Henin's arrogant like this, you won't succeed (because this is a message board and you won't change anyone's point of a view, which is logical).
If you're trying to show double standards in the hope that it will open """Serena haters'""" eyes, it won't work either for the very same reason.
If you're just doing that in order to start a fight, then you have too much time on your hands...

In other words, any thread of this kind trying to show some player is bad is useless.

jenny161185
May 6th, 2003, 11:14 PM
But she didnt say Daja didnt play well only that Justine didn t play her best tennis - and serena never really plays her best tennis in the first round harloo, this thread is about henin

Leena
May 6th, 2003, 11:21 PM
I think Justine is a bitch, and she meant that with malice. She has no respect for anyone else. I bet in her mind, she was teasing Daja for looking anorexic. She's so callous, and uncaring. Ugh... what a bitch.

leslie
May 6th, 2003, 11:34 PM
If you're trying to prove that Henin's arrogant like this, you won't succeed (because this is a message board and you won't change anyone's point of a view, which is logical).
If you're trying to show double standards in the hope that it will open """Serena haters'""" eyes, it won't work either for the very same reason.
If you're just doing that in order to start a fight, then you have too much time on your hands...

In other words, any thread of this kind trying to show some player is bad is useless.

Yea, it is useless when it focuses on other players but when it comes to the W/S it is a whole different ball game. You know, you all talk about how crazy Richard is but when he speaks of racism the man knows what he is talking about. It is so plain on this board when it comes to the W/S.
As I said before, if Serena had said that she would be rediculed on the board and you all know it. I am not trying to start anything I am just showing how you guys hear what you want to hear and interpret what you want to read to fit into your twisted, myopic views.

Giuliano
May 6th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Yea, it is useless when it focuses on other players but when it comes to the W/S it is a whole different ball game. You know, you all talk about how crazy Richard is but when he speaks of racism the man knows what he is talking about. It is so plain on this board when it comes to the W/S.
As I said before, if Serena had said that she would be rediculed on the board and you all know it. I am not trying to start anything I am just showing how you guys hear what you want to hear and interpret what you want to read to fit into your twisted, myopic views.
First of all, next time, please don't include me in the "you". I have my own opinion, thank you.
Then, of course people hear what they want to hear. And you do the same since you posted this article.
Maybe, at least on this board, you/we should enjoy that our fave is our fave... and not lose our sleep over what a bunch of people say behind a screen (cause I guarantee you'll be sorry to have wasted so much time against "the haters" the day Venus and Serena retire).
And you're just giving the ones you call "the haters" some more ammonition.

So once again, uselessness cause you waste your time and it won't have any use.

Anyway, just what I thought. I'm not sure I should bother.

Joseosu19
May 6th, 2003, 11:45 PM

Well gee, your sort of "ridiculing" Justine yourself, aren't you?
Pot calling the kettle black... :rolleyes:

Leena
May 6th, 2003, 11:47 PM
No. I'm an expert on Pot. Kettle. Black... and this is definitely not a case of that. It's a case of dumbfuck wanting attention.

Joseosu19
May 7th, 2003, 12:11 AM
No. I'm an expert on Pot.

I've always suspected that ;) :p

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Tehe. :p

Crazy Canuck
May 7th, 2003, 12:28 AM
The only people who will get wound up by this, are those who didn't say anything about Serena in the first place... which totally defeats the purpose.

Ruski
May 7th, 2003, 12:33 AM
It's a fair comment from Justine!!! :)

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 12:39 AM
hehe, gotta luv leslie, leena and rebecca. always reliable for a laugh tinged with truth.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 12:54 AM
leslie is by far the worst poster on the board. Has the fetus ever posted anything but Williams sisters nonsense?

The difference between this comment and Serena's was that Justine said "I probably did not play my best". Serena says "I played horrible". Throw in a few mis-pronunciations and you have a regular Serena press conference.

Point being, Justine was honest without being disrespectful. Serena? Disrespect runs in the family.

Rocketta
May 7th, 2003, 01:02 AM
LOL, so say I "probably" didn't play my best which would mean that Justine wasn't sure(which would be a lie every player knows if they were playing well or crappy) is more respectful then just saying the truth ("I think I played horrible").

Thanks for a prime example of the double standard leslie was trying to point out. You did the job better than she did.

Astro Jetson
May 7th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Did you ever thought about the question which was asked when she said this. Probably it would be something like: "In the first set you seemed to have difficulties?" or "You seemed a little rusty in the first set".
Just as with Serena, you need to have the whole interview to comment. And let's not forget that Justine isn't a native speaker so she can't give nuances the same as in French.

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 01:07 AM
leslie is by far the worst poster on the board. Has the fetus ever posted anything but Williams sisters nonsense?

The difference between this comment and Serena's was that Justine said "I probably did not play my best". Serena says "I played horrible". Throw in a few mis-pronunciations and you have a regular Serena press conference.

Point being, Justine was honest without being disrespectful. Serena? Disrespect runs in the family.

I wouldn't be too sure about Leslie being the worst poster on this board. :rolleyes:

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 01:09 AM
please stop, my side hurts! :D

Rocketta
May 7th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Did you ever thought about the question which was asked when she said this. Probably it would be something like: "In the first set you seemed to have difficulties?" or "You seemed a little rusty in the first set".
Just as with Serena, you need to have the whole interview to comment. And let's not forget that Justine isn't a native speaker so she can't give nuances the same as in French.

To be honest I don't think Leslie thinks Justine's arrogant. I know I don't think Justine is arrogant but if I was to go by the criteria that is used against Serena well then maybe Justine is arrogant as well.

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 01:10 AM

Leslie's point was not that Justine said anything wrong but that when Serena or Venus make the same comment posters rip into them and call them disrespectful.

Fingon
May 7th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I always thought Henin was an arrogant petite bitch! May she wash out soon!

well, but at least she has losers like you talking about her and wasting their energy to wish her bad.

And you know what? she gives a fuck for what you think.

Mr. Man
May 7th, 2003, 01:19 AM
o0O0o is by far the worst poster on the board. Has the fetus ever posted anything but Williams sisters hatred?

::dies::: http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/lol.gif

Astro Jetson
May 7th, 2003, 01:20 AM
To be honest I don't think Leslie thinks Justine's arrogant. I know I don't think Justine is arrogant but if I was to go by the criteria that is used against Serena well then maybe Justine is arrogant as well.

I see your point. I also disagree with posters who always scrutinize Serena's post-match interviews to come up with something to criticise her. I think that in 70% of all post-match interviews you can read players saying they didn't play their best.

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 01:23 AM
well said Rocketta and Deuce but what else is new... :p

Jericho
May 7th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I thought you were gonna say this quote was arrogant

"I had to get stronger or I have no chance -- and I worked so hard I cried sometime,'' she said. "I've definitely closed the gap. I think clay is my best surface. Maybe when I win a major it will be the French Open.''

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 01:45 AM
::dies::: http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/lol.gif

LMAO! :)

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 01:47 AM
I see your point. I also disagree with posters who always scrutinize Serena's post-match interviews to come up with something to criticise her. I think that in 70% of all post-match interviews you can read players saying they didn't play their best.

True. And most times the quote is taken out of context.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:14 AM
LOL, so say I "probably" didn't play my best which would mean that Justine wasn't sure(which would be a lie every player knows if they were playing well or crappy) is more respectful then just saying the truth ("I think I played horrible").

Thanks for a prime example of the double standard leslie was trying to point out. You did the job better than she did.

Rocketta, if you do not understand the nuances of the English language than it is best that you do not speak at all, my little genius. Although I take it that you are not the English major between the two of us, I'll explain:

There are differences in how to say things.
Words like "probably" and "surely" are different. Words like "think "and "know" are different. They have different meanings and express different ideas. I realize you are on too much of a high horse to understand this (whatwith the high-paying job of working for www.WTAworld.com) but at least try to recognize the language you speak.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Rocketta, if you do not understand the nuances of the English language than it is best that you do not speak at all, my little genius. Although I take it that you are not the English major between the two of us, I'll explain:

Words like "probably" and "surely" are different. Words like "think "and "know" are different. They have different meanings and express different ideas. I realize you are on too much of a high horse to understand this (whatwith the high-paying job of working for www.WTAworld.com) but at least try to recognize the language you speak.
:rolleyes:

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 02:28 AM
:rolleyes:

What do you expect from someone who has a bunch of zeroes as a username. I guess the label just stuck, what a big zero.

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:33 AM
That makes my username identical to anyone with 'seles' in theirs.

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the compliment, I love being associated with Monica. A classy 9 time Grand Slam champion, what an honor.

Jericho
May 7th, 2003, 02:37 AM
yeah just add up his name and thats how many times he doesnt speak out of his ass!

Jakeev
May 7th, 2003, 02:43 AM
I just finished watching Field of Dreams and all I have to ask is how do we ease leslie's pain?

o0O0o
May 7th, 2003, 02:43 AM
^ What a striking* avatar!

Why, my intelligent little Williams fans, it seems there is a new fan base that is competing for the pits of the message board! Lucky for me I dislike Camel Noises too. (Anogram for Monica Seles)

*ly hideous

Martian KC
May 7th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Honestly, if someone stated that they didn't like Serena's certain hair color, her fans would think that poster was racist. Yes, everyone on the board is against the williams. Everyone is out to get them with pure malice. I said it, are you guys satisfied? It's sad that you guys would retaliate by accusing the williams biggest threats of the most absolute ridiculous things. But, I wouldn't expect anything less. Some people never change.

LeonHart
May 7th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Why cant we all live in peace? :p

treufreund
May 7th, 2003, 04:03 AM
oO0Oo, you RULE man!!! Comparing what Justine said to Serena's quotes is insane. Remember when Chanda Rubin beat Serena BARELY and Serena said that her serve, return, forehand, backhand, volleys, drop shots and every other shot in the book were not working. :rolleyes: then when she was beaten by Clijsters she said she felt like she was 98 and then when she lost to Henin-Hardenne she played 9000 notches below her usual level.

NOW, compare those types of quotes with what Justine said and tell me with a straight face that you are NOT TRIFLIN' here. :rolleyes:

MarcusRock
May 7th, 2003, 04:07 AM
oO0Oo, you RULE man!!!treufreund =http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Macho.gif

tenn_ace
May 7th, 2003, 04:16 AM
some williams fans have no brains left or never had it...

Mikey, well said.

SerialKiller#69
May 7th, 2003, 04:24 AM
leslie is officially wtaworld's attention whore.

Jericho
May 7th, 2003, 05:08 AM
its like people completely disregard absolutely ANYTHING venus, especially serena say nice about a player...
You see thread about venus or serena complimenting a player, maybe 5-10 replies...but a thread about venus or serena minutely saying something that can be considered disrespectful from a small point of view gets 3-5 pages of responses!
And :rolleyes: @ the whole all williams fans think everyone is racist is getting really old. And then i ask how many williams fans call them racist and either they can't remember because "theres too many" or they give me a list of 2...

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 05:14 AM
oO0Oo, you RULE man!!! Comparing what Justine said to Serena's quotes is insane. Remember when Chanda Rubin beat Serena BARELY and Serena said that her serve, return, forehand, backhand, volleys, drop shots and every other shot in the book were not working. :rolleyes: then when she was beaten by Clijsters she said she felt like she was 98 and then when she lost to Henin-Hardenne she played 9000 notches below her usual level.

NOW, compare those types of quotes with what Justine said and tell me with a straight face that you are NOT TRIFLIN' here. :rolleyes:

He rules the dung heap that you buzz over thats about it...

and whas even more ironic is that he's a fan of the most arrogant elitest players never to win a touranment... funny how he throws stones for serena being arrogant and then ignores the comments and actions of the touramentless wonder...

harloo
May 7th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Honestly, if someone stated that they didn't like Serena's certain hair color, her fans would think that poster was racist. Yes, everyone on the board is against the williams. Everyone is out to get them with pure malice. I said it, are you guys satisfied? It's sad that you guys would retaliate by accusing the williams biggest threats of the most absolute ridiculous things. But, I wouldn't expect anything less. Some people never change.

LOL. So if someone states they don't like Serenas hair color they are called racist. Now, Martian that's a good one.

Plain and simple. All this is just to make a point because everytime Serena says she isn't playing well their are a whole bunch of haters hanging on every word she says calling her "arrogant and classless". And most of the posters who are outraged in this thread are the ones who do it.

I for one do not care if Justine says she was playing bad today, but I think it's hilarious when someone points that out and then a sudden outcry. However the same set of posters cry that Serena is soooooo arrogant for always saying she didn't play well.

Whatever~ :rolleyes: :D LOL

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 05:25 AM
this thread has taught me that hypocrites are often the last to realize they are one.

:wavey: W/S fans :kiss:

Fingon
May 7th, 2003, 05:44 AM
So, let me get this straight.

Everything is about the Williams sisters, the world (or wtaworld) is divided in two groups: the haters and the worshippers.

If somebody ever dared to criticize one of them, then in exchange some Williams fans will criticize anything any player says, trying to show the double standards that all Williams haters have.

If I don't like Serena, I need to have a valid reason for that, I wouldn't dare not to judge other players, even my favourites by the same standard.

If somebody says Serena is arrogant, that person is a racist pig,

now someone like J Migoe can say "I always thought Henin was an arrogant petite bitch! May she wash out soon!" and that's ok because Justine is white, so, to call a black person arrogant is a sin, to call a white person a bitch and wish her to "wash out" is ok.

I have no problems with Leslie's post, it's her point of view, I can disagree with it but she wasn't disrespectful.

But that idiot of J Migoe, I do have a problem with him calling a player a bitch, which I believe is not allowed on this board, that goes for Leena as well, both post have been reported.

persond
May 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM
some williams fans have no brains left or never had it...

Mikey, well said.

It is far better to be "thought" a fool, than to speak (type), and remove all traces of "doubt"

So, so sad...!!!

J_Migoe
May 7th, 2003, 05:59 AM
But that idiot of J Migoe, I do have a problem with him calling a player a bitch, which I believe is not allowed on this board, that goes for Leena as well, both post have been reported.

The idiot in you blinds you with furry from realising why I thought " Justine is an arrogant petite bitch". Well, that is because in my opinion she is. I have a right to my opinion as protected by Clause 7 of the UDHR just as you have the right to contradict and rebuke it.

Gee, you just have to report my cursing to the Board of this forum. That's cheap. Do you really think the administrators in this board are going to do something about it? Of course, I apologise if I have hurt anyone for berating Justine but this does not change my opinion of her. She irritates me and after listening to and watching her interviews a few times, I feel she is an avid Williams hater who like the rest of "them" want the Williams to go down.

And personally speaking, I don't think I'm an idiot. I say what I feel and know! :kiss:

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 06:01 AM

Everything is about the Williams sisters, the world (or wtaworld) is divided in two groups: the haters and the worshippers.

If somebody ever dared to criticize one of them, then in exchange some Williams fans will criticize anything any player says, trying to show the double standards that all Williams haters have.

If I don't like Serena, I need to have a valid reason for that, I wouldn't dare not to judge other players, even my favourites by the same standard.

now someone like J Migoe can say "I always thought Henin was an arrogant petite bitch! May she wash out soon!" and that's ok because Justine is white, so, to call a black person arrogant is a sin, to call a white person a bitch and wish her to "wash out" is ok.

I have no problems with Leslie's post, it's her point of view, I can disagree with it but she wasn't disrespectful.

I swear you whine and whine and whine and come up with the most asine conclusions.

1) everything is not about the wililams sisters.
2) even fans criticize the sisters they just dont attack them like vicious rabid dogs
3)you dont need a valid reason to dislike anyone however when you dont have a valid reason it makes others raise an eyebrow. Is this really a hard concept? Its like saying I dont like serena because she curses and then having jen as your fav. Do you see the inconsistency? It makes one wonder why you really dislike serena because obviously the reason you stated rings false. Of course having said that no one has to justify anything they say thoug the impression that leaves is usually distasteful.
4) calling someone arrogant does not make you a racist being racist makes you racist. Oh and I'm glad serena is arrogant! Ali was arrogant so she's in good company.
5) justine is many things but theres no need to call her a bitch. Of course some people including myself dont really consider being called bitch a bad thing given the right circumstances. Though it seemed to me in this case to be a put which is uncalled for.

Justine is nice her game is pretty but she has the personality of card board. No flair. No life. She's like a tennis robot.

Fingon
May 7th, 2003, 06:26 AM
I swear you whine and whine and whine and come up with the most asine conclusions.

1) everything is not about the wililams sisters.

doesn't look that way

2) even fans criticize the sisters they just dont attack them like vicious rabid dogs

the point being?

3)you dont need a valid reason to dislike anyone however when you dont have a valid reason it makes others raise an eyebrow. Is this really a hard concept? Its like saying I dont like serena because she curses and then having jen as your fav. Do you see the inconsistency? It makes one wonder why you really dislike serena because obviously the reason you stated rings false. Of course having said that no one has to justify anything they say thoug the impression that leaves is usually distasteful.

it only raises eyebrows when it's about the sisters. I can say I dislike Lindsay and nobody gives a shit. It's like you need to justify your dislike for them because they are black.
You can't have "inconsistencies" in what you like, you just like or don't, and obviously, when you don't like someone, her "defects" look more evident or more important, when you like someone, you tend to stand what you don't like about that person better, it's just human you know.

4) calling someone arrogant does not make you a racist being racist makes you racist. Oh and I'm glad serena is arrogant! Ali was arrogant so she's in good company.

"being racist makes you racist", not quite, being human makes you human?, you can define something by itself, if someone is a racist, it's only showed through that person's acts and what that person says, it's not an intrisic property.

You are assimilating arrogant with a bad thing, it's not necessarily true and also, what does Ali have to do with anything?, he may have been a great boxer but as I hate boxing I couldn't care less.

5) justine is many things but theres no need to call her a bitch. Of course some people including myself dont really consider being called bitch a bad thing given the right circumstances. Though it seemed to me in this case to be a put which is uncalled for.

well, we agree on this one, especially when that poster J. Migoe then "prays" for Venus, religious freaks really put me off.

Justine is nice her game is pretty but she has the personality of card board. No flair. No life. She's like a tennis robot.

well, we can't say if she has no life can we? I don't know her, you don't know her, to judge a person's life for the way she behaves on court is a little too much don't you think?

Plus, I couldn't care less what her personality is, I am a tennis fan, not a Justine's worshipper, I like to watch her play and that's about it, and for what I do know about her, I actually can admire her personality more than any other on the tour. Things haven't been easy for her but she could overcome adversity and become a champion, I admire that a lot more than a colorful personality that means nothing to me.

persond
May 7th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Simply stated, the problem is and always has been, the posters on this board holding the Williamses to "a higher standard". And, it's as simple as that!!! No "big secret", nothing "fancy", "pure and simple" as"double standards". All ways has been and in all likelihood, all ways will be!!!

Crazy Canuck
May 7th, 2003, 06:33 AM
You are all dumber for having participated in this.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 06:37 AM
You are all dumber for having participated in this.

you do realize by having participated in this thread you have joined the ranks of the "dumber"..

J_Migoe
May 7th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Dearest Fingon,

When did I ever tell you that I'm a "religious freak". I have a strong belief in God but I'm not a religious fanatic. Perhaps, it would be better if you stop the pre-conceived philosophical attitudes toward other posters and work on getting the issues right. ;) ;)

gentenaire
May 7th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Hey, it's been a long time since the whole double standards thingie came up. I was wondering what had happened to it. And racism too! It's almost like one of the old fight threads.

Cybelle Darkholme
May 7th, 2003, 06:45 AM
doesn't look that way

the point being?

it only raises eyebrows when it's about the sisters. I can say I dislike Lindsay and nobody gives a shit. It's like you need to justify your dislike for them because they are black.
You can't have "inconsistencies" in what you like, you just like or don't, and obviously, when you don't like someone, her "defects" look more evident or more important, when you like someone, you tend to stand what you don't like about that person better, it's just human you know.

"being racist makes you racist", not quite, being human makes you human?, you can define something by itself, if someone is a racist, it's only showed through that person's acts and what that person says, it's not an intrisic property.

You are assimilating arrogant with a bad thing, it's not necessarily true and also, what does Ali have to do with anything?, he may have been a great boxer but as I hate boxing I couldn't care less.

well, we agree on this one, especially when that poster J. Migoe then "prays" for Venus, religious freaks really put me off.

well, we can't say if she has no life can we? I don't know her, you don't know her, to judge a person's life for the way she behaves on court is a little too much don't you think?

Plus, I couldn't care less what her personality is, I am a tennis fan, not a Justine's worshipper, I like to watch her play and that's about it, and for what I do know about her, I actually can admire her personality more than any other on the tour. Things haven't been easy for her but she could overcome adversity and become a champion, I admire that a lot more than a colorful personality that means nothing to me.

Well maybe you should take that up with the lindsay fans...or whoever. Also maybe you haven't noticed but the jen fans react the same way when someone attacks jen as well as the monica fans.

my point earlier is that you can criticize someone without being nasty like five zeros does. when people are nasty other people go on the defense.

also its not because they are black. People have said on here they dont like chanda, so wheres the big bruhaha? She's black last time I checked. Also didn'tyou just react and go off on j whats his name for attacking justine? So please everyone does it when they're fav is attacked.

youre right being racist is not intrinsic. However it is not all behavior because one can still be racist without having done or said one thing.

well for you I guess its easy. I guess you can go to the local court and enjoy watching people play. I need to be watching people i have an interest in otherwise I would just go play myself. It takes more than the game itself to draw me in to watch someone else do what I like to do. I need the emotional component, the human interest slice of things otherswise I may as well go watch some tennis video game or simulation.

J_Migoe
May 7th, 2003, 06:48 AM
speaking of stimulation...maybe Fingon could try that!..just kidding

Crazy Canuck
May 7th, 2003, 06:50 AM
you do realize by having participated in this thread you have joined the ranks of the "dumber"..
Yes Cybelle, you lead the ranks of the dumber. Although you're hardly the only one *looks around this thread and giggles*

Fingon
May 7th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Dearest Fingon,

When did I ever tell you that I'm a "religious freak". I have a strong belief in God but I'm not a religious fanatic. Perhaps, it would be better if you stop the pre-conceived philosophical attitudes toward other posters and work on getting the issues right. ;) ;)

so, you have to tell me what you are and I have to take that for granted. I never said you "told me" you are a religious freak, you demonstrated that, and also demonstrated to be an idiot.

Fingon
May 7th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Well maybe you should take that up with the lindsay fans...or whoever. Also maybe you haven't noticed but the jen fans react the same way when someone attacks jen as well as the monica fans.

my point earlier is that you can criticize someone without being nasty like five zeros does. when people are nasty other people go on the defense.

also its not because they are black. People have said on here they dont like chanda, so wheres the big bruhaha? She's black last time I checked. Also didn'tyou just react and go off on j whats his name for attacking justine? So please everyone does it when they're fav is attacked.

youre right being racist is not intrinsic. However it is not all behavior because one can still be racist without having done or said one thing.

well for you I guess its easy. I guess you can go to the local court and enjoy watching people play. I need to be watching people i have an interest in otherwise I would just go play myself. It takes more than the game itself to draw me in to watch someone else do what I like to do. I need the emotional component, the human interest slice of things otherswise I may as well go watch some tennis video game or simulation.

fair enough but five zeroes attack come after someone else started this thread. I don't have a problem when people are rude and the fans defend the sisters, but doing that by attacking other people's favourite is another matter. That loser of J Migoe attacked my favourite and I attacked him, not Venus or Serena.

with the racism matter, of course you can be a racist and hide it, but then how will we know?, the discussion whether a person is a racist or not is phylosophical since I can only judge by the acts of that person.

With respect to the last paragraph, well, you have your point of view and I respect that, I admire the beauty of the stroked and the movement, that's why I like players like Justine and Martina (that you can notice have opposite personalities), it's difficult to explain but I find pleasure in watching Justine hit a backhand and I don't feel the same when I see Jennifer, Lindsay or Serena do the same.

switz
May 7th, 2003, 07:23 AM
ok, i think this is really stupid. i am not going to get into all this serena doesn't give players credit stuff, because the argument will never be resolved. the problem with the logic of leslie's point is that the arguments about serena come about because of the way she makes her comments. the threads are not normally saying "serena said she didn't play well, how arrogant", but rather "look at how serena goes out of her way to emphasise in such descriptive language that it was all about her game being off, how arrogant and disrespectful". anybody who has half brain knows that if serena lost she must not have been playing at her best, but i just think that many people do not like the fact that whenever she does lose it is always "i couldn't hit a ball, i played horribly, like 9000 times down on my usual level, oh and my opponent played a really good match". i really don't think if serena said "I probably didn't play my best match" then very few people would go out there way to point it out. i do believe that serena gets too much shit about all this stuff, and i have just come to accept the fact that she is just that way. so although i understand your point i think the example you used is very weak, and unfair to henin (who i don't really like by the way)

SerialKiller#69
May 7th, 2003, 07:35 AM
let's just say that the above post hasn't proven in any way that Justine is arrogant. in fact, it just further emphasizes the stupidity of the thread starter.

moby
May 7th, 2003, 07:40 AM
i dont see any arrogance in that comment.

and switz made a really good analysis :)
wish i had done it myself ;)

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 08:01 AM
What the flying ass fuck?!?!

LOOK HERE IS THE FACTS: ALOT OF TENNIS PLAYERS ARE INDEED ARROGANT! SOME FANS CLAIM SERENA IS ARROGANT and yet think nothing of PAST OR PRESENT ARROGANT PLAYERS. This makes one wonder.. BUT NOT CARE. Really fans of Serena don't care because....... THE FACT IS ....( A BIG DRUMROLL PLEASE)........................................... .................................................. ......

ALL PLAYERS CAN BE ARROGANT but only a SELECT FEW HAVE SLAM WINS UNDER THEIR TENNIS BELT!

SERENA + FIVE SLAMS =ARROGANT
VENUS + FOUR SLAMS =ARROGANT

JUSTINE +(EL-ZERO OOOOO SLAMS, NOT ONE FUCKING SLAM)=ARROGANT

I think I'll take SERENA AND VENUS and no we ain't mad at yah for sticking with Justine.;):)

moby
May 7th, 2003, 08:03 AM
lol, fine dawn
serena did take advantage of her 5 GS titles to push the limit with her comments ;)

so its all fair here :)

moby
May 7th, 2003, 08:07 AM
AH HA!

"I didn't play my best tennis but I played quite well and I'm satisfied," said Henin-Hardenne. "The first match in a tournament is always tough because you don't know what to expect but it's good to be back here."

So there, she said that she didnt play her best but she played well
How's that being arrogant!

switz
May 7th, 2003, 08:07 AM
indeed it is reality that many players are arrogant, and all people are arrogant at some time in their lives. but in my opinion being successful does not make arrogance any better of a quality for human beings to practice

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 08:17 AM
By the way I don't think these comments from Justine are arrogant at all. Neither are Serena's but at times players can be a bit arrogant.

I just am grateful as a tennis fan, that my favorites have won slams to kinda well you know back their arrogance up.

Jakeev
May 7th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Well Honey Bunches of Oats now that we have all made a mockery of each other can we all move on? Since we are all right and wrong and a bunch of hypocritical, racist, mysogynistic, childish and ugly ass children can we move on?

SOMEBODY CLOSE THIS THREAD.........PLEASEEEEEEEEE.

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Why close it, just don't bother comin' in.:) Although it wouldn't be the same without you.. u know that;):)

Besides I personally think it funny that a thread is closed 2 nites and 24 hours after it opened up and is already on page 2274.. lol

It's not like it won't soon die a slow death..after the 2274 post.. anyhow..

If yah ain't gonna close it on page one.. hell let it stay open .. ..forever.. or until the next same ole same thread comes along. lol

I am in a bitch mood tonight and along with my ownself helped me to vent.:):)

The Crow
May 7th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Not really sure of the intentions of the thread starter, but if you think you gonna do something about racism with this kind of threads well dream on.

And attacking a player to defend another player? Yep that will do it :rolleyes:

And 0oo0 (or whatever the sombination of 0's en o's is), puh-lease. The word "probably" will not make the difference. If you think the Williams-sisters are arrogant when they say a similar thing, then you must think Justine is arrogant here too. It's as simple as that. Don't try to find petty excuses.

moby
May 7th, 2003, 11:34 AM
i cant believe all the criticisms going around after i posted this... :rolleyes:

AH HA!

"I didn't play my best tennis but I played quite well and I'm satisfied," said Henin-Hardenne. "The first match in a tournament is always tough because you don't know what to expect but it's good to be back here."

So there, she said that she didnt play her best but she played well
How's that being arrogant!

whether serena is arrogant or not is a different story.
but justine clearly wasnt being arrogant here!!! :angel:

leslie
May 7th, 2003, 11:53 AM
It's a fair comment from Justine!!! :)

It is a fair comment from Justine but when Serena says it it is totally different. Right.

leslie
May 7th, 2003, 11:56 AM

You are such an idiot. Why don't you go and teach "loser anna" to play tennis. We already know you hate anything black so your post does not even count when it comes to the W/S.

moby
May 7th, 2003, 11:58 AM
:fiery: it seems that my post has gone totally unnoticed

Hulet
May 7th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Bows before leslie....
It's nice to see and laugh at the uncomfortable manuvouring of all the hypocrites.
In the words of Clinton, what is the meaning of "is"?

leslie
May 7th, 2003, 12:01 PM

00000, please stop trying to correct others and learn when to use "then and than". e.g. "if you do not understand the nuances of the English language then (not than) it is best.........

Giuliano
May 7th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah, the grammar arguments. I so missed them :cool:.

selesfan
May 7th, 2003, 12:35 PM
00000, please stop trying to correct others and learn when to use "then and than". e.g. "if you do not understand the nuances of the English language then (not than) it is best.........

LOL! I love it when someone criticizes others english and then or shall I say than ;) screws up themselves. ;)

fleemkeģ
May 7th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez :rolleyes:

Justine doesn't have a "life" neither have SErena, Venus, Kim, Lindsay, Seles, .... Being a top player includes that you live for you're game.

A real fan of the SPORT that's called tennis does have respect for all the players! I don't ask you to be a fan of Justine but al little bit of respect is not that difficult if you love the game. I'm not a fan of Venus, Serena, Kim, ... but I respect them as a person/tennisplayer because they do great things on court and that you guys is where it's all about!

Nemesis
May 7th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Actually, this is what Justine really said:

"I didn't play my best tennis but I played quite well and I'm satisfied. The first match in a tournament is always tough because you don't know what to expect but it's good to be back here."

So she's not that arrogant. She didn't play her best, but it was good enough that day.

moby
May 7th, 2003, 01:52 PM
nemesis, that really doesnt work
i've posted that like 3 times already and look what's up

Leena
May 7th, 2003, 02:02 PM

Note to self:

Nobody can decipher sarcasm on this board. Stop using it.

bis2806
May 7th, 2003, 02:07 PM
i agree that henin is such an arrogant bitch... she didn't even deserve to be arrogant coz she's such a faker... what arrogance has she got to show... biatch....

malaye
May 7th, 2003, 02:19 PM
What took you so long Bis ? :rolleyes:

per4ever
May 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM
what a wonderfull place for negative reps :D

gentenaire
May 7th, 2003, 02:28 PM
What took you so long Bis ? :rolleyes:

LOL! And Leena, I got your sarcasm...:D Aaaah, I've missed these kind of fights.

The Crow
May 7th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Enough is enough.