PDA

View Full Version : Oracene Price Looks Toward Future

tennisIlove09
May 6th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Oracene Price Looks Toward Future

By Ronald Green
05/06/2003

The Williams sisters have routinely turned Grand Slam finals into family reunions and the matriarch of the family — Oracene Price — has been a smiling presence at those major matches. Since divorcing Richard Williams, Price has reclaimed her name, regained her identity and has refocused on fulfilling her own goals: finding love and happiness establishing a family legacy that lives on after tennis.

In the current issue of More magazine, Price discusses life as a mother to a pair of daughters whose global popularity puts the rest of the world on a first-name basis with them.

Price and Richard Williams seldom attend the same tournaments anymore and rarely speak about their divorce after 22 years of marriage. But Price offers some insight into the relationship in her interview with More.

"When you're selfish and self-centered and live in a dream world, like Richard did, how can you understand anyone else?," Price said. "How are you going to know about anyone else?"

The Williams sisters have revolutionized tennis and Price hopes her family will leave a lasting legacy that lives on through subsequent generations.

"Like the Kennedys," Price says. "There has never been an African-American family that achieved like the Kennedys, so I think that's a valid goal. Why not dream big?"

Dava
May 6th, 2003, 07:51 PM
"When you're selfish and self-centered and live in a dream world, like Richard did, how can you understand anyone else?," Price said. "How are you going to know about anyone else?"

Ouch! ;)

CanadianBoy21
May 6th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Ouch! ;)

I second that.

Bezz
May 6th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Its a bit harsh from mother williams--although in order to get your daughters to 1 and 2 in the world, yu might need a few of those qualities she mentioned in Richard.

SerenaSlam
May 6th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Its a bit harsh from mother williams--although in order to get your daughters to 1 and 2 in the world, yu might need a few of those qualities she mentioned in Richard.
actually I don't call it harsh at all, don't mind me when I bring the race factor in, but being black, my mother, and every female I know today, keep it real like this, when it comes to men and relationships. They have no problem telling it like it is, or speakin they damn mind. Even to the Male's face. So im sure Richard has already heard this before 1 on 1 with Oracene, she just decided to tell the paper as well.

Nice article. Oracene is going to have a bright future ahead now that her divorce is over. A matter of time before she finds love again and is living even more happily than she is now :)

SJW
May 6th, 2003, 08:34 PM
man and i worship Richard :(

but i :hearts: Oracene more :)

Lisbeth
May 7th, 2003, 12:06 AM
She just rocks!

Cariaoke
May 7th, 2003, 12:20 AM
there is no shame in Ms. Price's game. :worship: :worship:

Mr. Man
May 7th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Oracene is a goddess.

http://www.shad0wb0xer.com/vs2/images/avatars/Williams Fam/oracene.jpg

disposablehero
May 7th, 2003, 02:09 AM

Wow. To even say such a thing pretty much makes her a racist, doesn't it?

anton
May 7th, 2003, 02:13 AM
go venus

kell
May 7th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Wow. To even say such a thing pretty much makes her a racist, doesn't it?

lol

Philbo
May 7th, 2003, 02:36 AM
LOL, ahhh vindication of what Ive said about that wanker Richard all along.

Well said Oracene, Ive always respected you, but now even more!!!