PDA

View Full Version : German Open destined to be cancelled?

Jakeev
May 6th, 2003, 01:37 AM
I was a little disturb to read that The German Open is endangered of being cancelled as a tournament.

I find this sad because I always considered it to be a prestigious and important tournament leading up to the French Open along side the Italian Open.

If the venue ceases to exist, will it be replaced by another Tier 1 event? Or will the clay court season just be shortned?

moby
May 6th, 2003, 03:16 PM
I was a little disturb to read that The German Open is endangered of being cancelled as a tournament.

I find this sad because I always considered it to be a prestigious and important tournament leading up to the French Open along side the Italian Open.

If the venue ceases to exist, will it be replaced by another Tier 1 event? Or will the clay court season just be shortned?

It may not be replayed by another tier 1 event.
Maybe a tier 2?
Because I remember Antwerp has been promoted to Tier 1 status
so something has to be demoted.

Whatzup
May 6th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Yes, but how do you know that Antwerp will become a Tier 1? Wich other tournaments will change in size?

bbypk
May 6th, 2003, 08:49 PM

What???? :eek: I dont believe it!!!

Then... when?? Its a very important tourney!! Hamburg was cancelled this year... Germany will be without tourneys :confused:

Kris
May 6th, 2003, 09:13 PM
the German Open will be alive!

but maybe it will be a tournament together with the men in Hamburg like Indian Wells or Key Biscayne

niceman
May 7th, 2003, 05:58 AM
i wouldnt promote Antwerp
coz it's a hard court event,
i would promote a clay event,
most likely Madrid where
one of men's Masters is played,
or somewhere in Spain,
coz there should be 2 Tier I red clay
events in Europe anyways,

but Madrid is only Tier III,
so i guess promoting Antwerps