PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva, Pierce Retire in Berlin

UDiTY
May 5th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Elena retired 2-6 6-2 0-1 against Dinara Safina.... :sad:

Mary retired after losing the first set 7-6 to Ruano Pascual....

Damn Elena, you'd think after her big win she'd be full of confidence. I was looking forward to the start of a new level for her... :rolleyes:

Come on girls!!! I hope nothing is seriously wrong with them.

BigB08822
May 5th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Was Pierce really hurt or just aggravated at losing the tiebreaker so closely?

I just ask because she was obviously playing well because it did to go tiebreak, afterall.

kodeRED
May 5th, 2003, 11:02 PM
i am so upset ... these r my 2 faves ...
i hope that somehow this is a blessing in disguise...
maybe they'll b in the finals of RG ... heheh yeh!

darren cahill
May 5th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Mary lead 5-1 in the set only to blow it in the tiebreak... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I used to be a big fan of marys....now i'm just tired of watching wasted talent.

Meesh
May 6th, 2003, 12:14 AM
- Elena Dementieva was forced to retire from her match due to a left foot injury

- Venus Williams withdrew with a left abdominal strain.

-Not sure what was wrong with Mary.

Hope they get well for the French Open!

Dava
May 6th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Has Dechy not retired as well. I would be kicking myseld if I was the tournament organizer!!

Berlin_Calling
May 6th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Maybe Mary's thigh strain is still bothering her :sad:.
She was playing great, leading 3-0 in the first set with only 3 UEs and had a 5-1 lead before losing. :(

joaco
May 6th, 2003, 12:28 AM
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

This loss of Elena just makes me so GODDAM pissed off :mad: :mad: Not because I'm a fan of hers, but because it's always the same story. Last week she beat Lindsay in the final of AI and now she looses in 1st round :rolleyes: :fiery: I mean I would have wished she would have played Lindsay this way.. I know she got injured but I'm not sure she will play at that level for much time (hope her injury is meaningless :) )
It always happens the same.... last year with Maleeva and Schnyder, its so frustrating...... Lindsay should have won all those matches. Hope it does not happen again.........

Sorry I know it hasn't got to do with the thread but I mean it's just quite dissapointing.

Joaco

King Lindsay
May 6th, 2003, 01:11 AM
To those who are disappointed with Elena.

She got hurt. She had to retire. She did not lose the match, she was unable to continue the match. Please lay off the girl, she cannot help being injured.

UDiTY
May 6th, 2003, 01:39 AM
To those who are disappointed with Elena.

She got hurt. She had to retire. She did not lose the match, she was unable to continue the match. Please lay off the girl, she cannot help being injured.

Exactly...I just hope her results start to show what a great player she can be. :sad:

King Lindsay
May 6th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Exactly...I just hope her results start to show what a great player she can be. :sad:

Just enjoy what happened in Amelia Island....

UDiTY
May 6th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Just enjoy what happened in Amelia Island....

What are you saying? Fluke?!?!?! :mad:

Cariaoke
May 6th, 2003, 01:43 AM
no one still knows what happened to Mahree? :sad:

tennisIlove09
May 6th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Elena...too bad. It was a good battle of the young Russians.

Pierce is always getting injured. I'm so upset. I wish for once, she could play like a month without injury

UDiTY
May 6th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Elena...too bad. It was a good battle of the young Russians.

Pierce is always getting injured. I'm so upset. I wish for once, she could play like a month without injury

If she worked more on her fitness I think she woulnd't get injured so easily.