PDA

View Full Version : I lost 0-6 0-6 for the first time today

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2003, 05:18 PM
... at least as far as I can remember. :mad: And I must say it's a pretty bad feeling. :sad:
I mean, I knew before that I would lose anyway. But not that way. :o I had several game-points in the first set but always made stupid errors and DF's, in the second set I just played horribly. :(

Pffffff, and once I was a decent player ... :sad:

Venus Forever
May 3rd, 2003, 05:20 PM
:sad::sad::sad:

Regain that confidence boy!! Slam the sompetition down!!;) :p

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2003, 05:22 PM

Venus Forever
May 3rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
:p

vs1
May 3rd, 2003, 05:25 PM
My empathies go out to you.

I have lost 6-0, 6-1 before and it's not a good feeling. But here's what you have to do...act like you're your internal coach and try to work on 2-3 things that you could've done differently to improve your game next time. Like for me, I get too impatient and push myself to do high-risk and stupid shots when I am not properly set up for it. As a result, I make stupid errors and give my opponent points. Things like that. At this point, see what you can do to take something positive away from the game.

And remember, keep ENJOYING tennis. That's the main thing. :)

propi
May 3rd, 2003, 05:25 PM
lol
Don-t worry, I lost once 6-1,6-1 against someone who wasn-t the favourte at all in a round robin tournament and I felt really bad so for the next 3 matches I was on fire and won all, unluckily the other boy did it too so he won the tourney, but my confidence was boosted after that
just keep on playing and you-ll see the results

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2003, 05:26 PM
LOL VeNuS FoReVeR. ;)

irma
May 3rd, 2003, 05:26 PM
good luck in practicing;)

Leena
May 3rd, 2003, 05:32 PM
My worst loss ever was a 2-6 set to a player ranked in the 700's now.

It's impossible for me to get bageled. :)

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Well, the past 12 months I haven't been playing much, so of course this is the logical result.
The problem is that I am delusional and believe everything should be working as well as in previous years. :o But of course that's not the case, as consistency and control don't come out of nowhere. :rolleyes:

But I will keep trying. ;)

Lita's Ex
May 3rd, 2003, 05:37 PM
That's happened to me, too, but then again I was playing my brother who's much better and took great pleasure in running his little brother ragged. He came in on everything and dropped shot many of my serves only to lob it over my head after I raced in to get it. Anyway, I hope it goes better next time you're on court.

Bright Red
May 3rd, 2003, 06:04 PM
Gosh, you suck!

*just kidding*

Just look at it as motivation for you to not let it ever happen again.

Giuliano
May 3rd, 2003, 06:07 PM
Even Borg lost his first official match 0/6 0/6 and you know what happened before. You're not the only one ;).

AgassiGirl16
May 3rd, 2003, 06:09 PM
Hey,
I have lost 0-6 0-6 twice! Not a good feeling at all, but when you are playing someone 10 times your level like I was, and you got a few deuce games, it's not too bad. The one girl I played no one has ever beaten, and the other girl was state Champion. I am good, but not that good! It's upsetting, but the one I lost to the state Champion, I just laughed, there was nothing I could do.
But now, I can't play until July. I'm still recovering from my foot surgery 16 days ago. It's painful, and a slow process. So when, I come back, hopefully, I'll probably start off pretty bad too.

Nicoleke
May 3rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
Go Dominique, I'm certain you' ll do a great match for you next match, go boy, you' re the best :) :D :) :D :kiss: !!!!!

paul_masterton
May 3rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
GoDominique sorry for my ignorance but are you playing in pro events?

I just signed in for teh Edinburgh futures event, but didn't make the cut, so I have missed out on a 60 60 mauling in which i wouldn't win a point let alone a game (unless my opponent threw in 4 df's in a row!!)

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2003, 07:43 PM
GoDominique sorry for my ignorance but are you playing in pro events?

I just signed in for teh Edinburgh futures event, but didn't make the cut, so I have missed out on a 60 60 mauling in which i wouldn't win a point let alone a game (unless my opponent threw in 4 df's in a row!!)
Paul: I wish. :p :o No, no pro events at all, I'm WAYYYY too bad. I play league games (= my club's team against other clubs' teams) and some regional tournaments (today was one of those), but nothing to get excited about. Just for fun and some competition. :) But as I said: without proper practice and preparation it's rather hopeless. :(

selesfan1
May 3rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
The last time I played a competitive mach I lost 0-6, 0-6 to a 14 year old no less. I say to you to use it as a motivation. see wha youdid wrong and try to improve that. Of course if the player was really good than there was not much you could do but try to improve and better luck next time.

Wojtek
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:50 PM
i haven't lost 0/6 0/6 in my whole life but i was close i lost 0/6 1/6

Wojtek
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
My worst loss ever was a 2-6 set to a player ranked in the 700's now.

It's impossible for me to get bageled. :)
:lol::lol::lol:

égalité
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I have never lost 6-0 6-0 :D

I can think of 3 matches against players that were way better than me, and the scores were 6-1 6-1, 6-0 6-3, and 6-0 6-2. I get a lot of balls back so I'm bound to win a game or two off of errors.

Xian
Nov 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
the only one I lost to that score was Jurgen Melzer :lol:

Calypso
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
... at least as far as I can remember. :mad: And I must say it's a pretty bad feeling. :sad:
I mean, I knew before that I would lose anyway. But not that way. :o I had several game-points in the first set but always made stupid errors and DF's, in the second set I just played horribly. :(

Pffffff, and once I was a decent player ... :sad:

:hug:
I've lost 6-0 sets before, and it feels terrible. A double-bagel must be even worse!:(. On the rare occasions;)I lose 6-0, a pattern of losing all the big points at 30-all, deuce, game points etc develops.

I was so scared I'd get thrashed 6-0,6-0 two weeks ago, facing the top seed in my club's tournament (he plays in the 'futures'), and I lost 2-6,3-6 in the Quarterfinals. I've never played better in my life! lol

He went on to win the whole thing, so I felt better. At least I could say "I lost to the champion" :D.

Wojtek
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
the only one I lost to that score was Jurgen Melzer :lol:
you played against Melzer?

Xian
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
you played against Melzer?

yeah like 100 years ago

frenchie
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
It happened twice to me

Once when I was like 10 against a way better opponent (and younger too)
Once last year on very fast Taraflex. I took my revenge last week against the same opponent playing on a slow carpet this time (love it!). The guy was disgusted

Davodus
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
i lost 0-6 0-6 once...after badly injuring my hip in the first game but i didn't want to retire and then i ended up needed surgery because i made it worse

moral of the story-> don't do that :lol:

Direwolf
Nov 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
lol.. i once lost
0-6 0-6 1-6...
I thought that it would competitive
cuz i lead 40-15 in the first set..!!!
bwhaha
and lots of times 30-15...
and lots of deuces...

GoDominique
Nov 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
This is an ooooold thread. :o

UPDATE: I'm even worse now but I have given up on playing these tournies so it's unlikely to happen again. ;)

Wojtek
Nov 12th, 2008, 10:02 AM
This is an ooooold thread. :o

UPDATE: I'm even worse now but I have given up on playing these tournies so it's unlikely to happen again. ;)

It was something like league?

Buitenzorg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
I lost 0-6 0-6 in doubles as well, at first I was feel so bad, but after that I was able to gain confidence ;)