PDA

View Full Version : Some B'M'H travel info

Dava
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:55 PM
I was in Birmingham today so I thought I would find out for myself some info on the transport to and from the Edgebaston club.

If you arriving from New Street Station, as soon as you get outside there is a taxi rank. These will be expensive I guess though... :rolleyes:

Just up the road on the hill (near the new Bullring, and the huge circular tower) there is a bus service (Bus No. 60 if remember) which takes you to Priory Road.

By the town hall (Acocks Hill near the Macky D's) there is a bus service to 'the cricket club' (which is the tennis club yes?). This bus is fairly frequent.

I have a timetable which I will scan in if that would be liked?

If there is anymore information people (i.e. Brummies) PLEASE add it, cos this is very vague.

bluepastures
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:13 PM
No, the cricket club isn't the same as the tennis club. They're about 400 - 500 yards away from each other.
Several buses also run down Bristol Road, from Corporation Street (opposite New Street station, look for the HMV!). Sir Harry's Road where the club is, is just a right turning off Bristol Road.
The buses along Bristol Road, run more often than that 60 along Priory Road. The 60 also is pretty poor in the evenings, and it's the only service on that route.

Dava
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks, so is where your talking about where they are doing all that work on the front of Waterstones.

Monica_Rules
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:33 AM
I think i'll just go to New Street Station and take a taxi to the club.Its only a what 10min trip which is gonna be no more than £10?And split with a friend is £5 each!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:40 PM
just walk up to Bristol Street and catch a bus from there ;)
buses come every few mins ;)

Taxi cost me £5 the 1st time i went, never caught it since. Sometimes i walk when i got time.