PDA

View Full Version : Check out this weeks rankings

Vicky88
Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:01 PM
The good news is that Evie is in at 101, so that must ensure direct entrance to the FO. So I think it is time to say congratulations to Christine Wheeler on the wildcard, who it must be noted made it to the semis last week in the $25k challenger.

Alicia is now up to the high 40s, just behind Nicole and Sam is up to 150. With a few good tournaments Sam may be in line for automatic entrance for the US Open.

TS
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:25 AM
I hope Christina can run into some form before Paris. She doesnt have a huge amount of points to defend there (48) but enough to drop her well outside 200. Here's hoping she gets a favorable draw.

Looks like Sam Stosur is almost guaranteed one for Wimbledon. Evie might just sneak in there on her own too, but if she misses out I think they'll go with Sam. Both Sam and Evie have gotten two MD wildcards this year to WTA events, so as you're only allowed 3 per year, one of them will be eligible for Wimbledon.

Alicia will most likely overtake Nicole soon, but I hope people dont write off Nicole just yet, there's still plenty of life in the old girl ;)