PDA

View Full Version : Let's celebrate the best tournament win of Russian ladies....

tenn_ace
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:28 AM
I really do like all of them, but Lena's win is really very special...

Where should I start? She was playing awesome in the final and really deserved the win. She defeated 3 top ten players, two of them are pretty hot. She showed that she is improving as a tennis player hitting backhand winners left and right proving that she's more than just a forehand girl. She didn't fold after losing the first set in the semis and in the final. (in the third round as well). She got that monkey off her back finally after two bad seasons...

Thank you, Lena, for making me really very happy! :D :kiss:

DEETHELICK
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:32 AM
Exactly what I was thinking!! LOL!!

Elena's win is the best so far of the Russian girls! And it was no fluke.

The quality of the opposition from start to finish was high and the tournament itself is very prestigious!!

Elena defeated a Top 20, Top 10 and 2 x Top 5 opponents for her victory.

She is simply amazing and has cemented her name on the winner's list! GO ELENA!! :)

And she is up to No. 13 too!! Keep rising Alyona, she has NO points to defend at Berlin and Rome!! :)

tenn_ace
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:03 AM
and Lena is up to #7 in the race to the Chase! :)

kodeRED
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:11 AM
is she really up to #7 in the race!!! ahhh that is the greatest !!! yeh!!!!

Leena
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:15 AM
Congrats to Alyona for reaching #13, and becoming the #2 Russian. :)

Hopefully the former #2 Russian steps up her play... and all the Russians rule the WTA with Bovina as #1, Dementieva #2, Myskina #3... IT COULD HAPPEN.

auntie janie
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:23 AM
Don't you wish we could all throw a party together & cheer about it! :D

The reason Elena's win is SO special is how long people have been rooting for her, how remote this win seemed, AND the way she did it -- fighting down her nerves and pummeling those top guns with stunning winners!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Elena Bovina's first win last year was really special too, because she was first to break the Russian Curse, and she also turned her own career around with that win. :kiss:

But even so, this one is even MORE exciting, because it is a big event with big players -- all beaten by ELENA. :worship:

Leena
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:37 AM
I've been having a party all day today... I've been dancing because I'm so happy that Elena won! :p

AKTW
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:11 AM
Elena's triumph is certain to delight.Even the ones who are not Elena's fans cheer,too.I am so happy of her win.It really is like a dream comes true!And the photos of Elena holding the crystal trophy are very beautiful.What a glorious victory!Also,she moves up from world #21 to #13. :D All of us do enjoy this delightful moment!