PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for a possible chat thread (see if you're interested)

Ben Brigham
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:29 PM
RECRUITED PARTICIPANTS:

DEUCEDIVA
SARTRISTA
G-HA
REBECCA
LEENA
SAM L
SIMPLIFY
BEGGIN BEGUINE
BEN B

DAWN (UNDECIDED)

PLEASE THINK OF A NAME FOR OUR THREAD AND POST YOUR IDEAS HERE.

I reckon I got this idea coz I wanted an NT chat thread that I could enjoy as much as other posters enjoy Chez Marri, The Fight Club, prattle, prattle.

Here's the idea for a possible chat thread. Posters who agreed to participate in this chat thread would agree to being scrutinised on their board behaviour. The only people allowed to scrutinise them (both positively and negatively) are those who agree on THIS thread to be a part of it.

The primary goal of this possible chat thread is to read what other posters TRULY think of you. No sugarcoating, just the truth. I want to emphasise again that you would hear both positive and negative things about how you conduct yourself here on the boards.

For example, a willing participant could say on this chat thread, "Ben based on this post (they cut and paste my post) I think you really are too nosy. This might be an open forum but you posted here (cut and paste my post) on a matter that was none of your business." Or another example, "Ben on this thread, you were being superficial. On this thread you praise (insert poster's name) yet on this thread you ridiculed them..."
We could get much deeper than that as well!

I realise that I could potentially be inviting heaps of pain but most of us have been posting here for so long (Sanex included) and it certainly doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere else anytime soon so we might as well get better acquainted. ;)

Naturally there will be posters who crash this thread to take the piss or chastise but I have a rule that would alleviate that problem. If someone who did NOT agree to participate enters the thread and posts criticisms of any of the willing participants, then we should IGNORE that poster's comments (giving them attention will only exacerbate the situation). If the poster(s) persists to disrupt our thread, I will report him/her to the administrators.

SO MAKE THE BOARD A CHALLENGE. POST HERE TO PARTICIPATE. I want to start this chat thread by the weekend and hope to get 10 willing participants. WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHAT OTHER POSTERS REALLY THINK ABOUT THEM and WHO WANTS TO TELL OTHER POSTERS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT THEM?

Cheers,

Ben :wavey:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:34 PM
*muahahahahahahah*

Hi Ben :D ;) :angel: hehe-- got more good stuff to read? ;)

sartrista7
Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:51 PM
I have heaps of spare time at the moment, am fucking bored and DeuceDiva's here; go on then.

G-Ha
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:01 PM
I wanna play. :wavey:

Although, I probably don't post enough for my posts to be analyzed. lol

sartrista7
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
I have been, variously - doing horrible degree-type work; doing nice newspaper-type work; having a hectic social life (end of term shenanigans, blah); going home for Easter (the longest fucking week of my entire life, and I missed Elena D's first title! :mad: ). How've you been then? LSG seems to still be absent...

sartrista7
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:10 PM
yeah... I'm feeling good now I'm not mega-stressed. I see you've been leaving your mark all over the boards though ;)

sartrista7
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah... I haven't been properly around for ages now... I've had to steer clear of all the Iraq stuff because I haven't had time to do anything more than leave random pithy comments around. That was probably good for me, actually :D Right now, I'm actually finding the tennis talk quite interesting...

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:30 AM
ha! lmao...where the f&*% have you been???? lol...ben hurry up and get this thing started so sartrista and i can show you guys what a real thread is all about...lol ;)

Good on you DD! :kiss: That's the objective on this potential thread. Some actual convo's and NOT just 'Lol@DD', 'What Sartrista said', 'LMAO@G-Ha'. :rolleyes:

Anyone else want to join? :wavey: I want to recruit 4 more posters coz otherwise the three of you will simply have a field day with me. ;)

Marri sorry I don't. Timmbo hasn't been about. :o

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:38 AM
I want to play.

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:41 AM
I don't want to play, but I will read and laugh my ass off.

On down the road can one enter the thread and then crash?

Leena
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:41 AM
SO MAKE THE BOARD A CHALLENGE. POST HERE TO PARTICIPATE. I want to start this chat thread by the weekend and hope to get 10 willing participants. WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHAT OTHER POSTERS REALLY THINK ABOUT THEM and WHO WANTS TO TELL OTHER POSTERS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT THEM?

I think I do a sufficient job of that already.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:43 AM
I don't want to play, but I will read and laugh my ass off.

On down the road can one enter the thread and then crash?
That would demonstrate an awfully weak character, Dawn. Not willing to put in any of the work but jumping in to reap the benefits?

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:45 AM
I want to play.

Thank you Cappy fan. :wavey: Now we're 5. :)

Posters don't be shy. :p

Heya Dawn. If you crash to start trouble we'll ignore you. :p If you crash and want to be a participant then we'll pick apart your poster behaviour and you can do the same to us. :wavey: ;)

Sam L
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:46 AM
I wouldn't mind playing ;)

Leena
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:47 AM
I want to play.

I want Rebecca to talk about me. :)

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:49 AM
I think I do a sufficient job of that already.

Lol! Good on you. I like your vanity Leena. Thanks for joining! :)

Onya Sam! Now I can hear about your lunch with Mark (cough). :p

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:49 AM
Ben make that 6 don't you count yourself as two people? HA HA ...and no I haven't decided if I want to play yet.. still thinkin.. lol

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:50 AM
The way this looks they is already TEN playing.. LMAO!!

still thinkin'.. lol

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:51 AM
I want to play.

I want Rebecca to talk about me. :)
lol... You really think that what I have to say is that interesting? :p

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:52 AM
We have 7. Just need 1 or 2 more THEN...I'll create the actual chat thread (this is just the advert thread) and then we can commence tomorrow. :D

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
Rebecca, I am no "character".. lol

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:54 AM
Ben make that 6 don't you count yourself as two people? HA HA ...and no I haven't decided if I want to play yet.. still thinkin.. lol

C'mon Dawn stop prattling and join! Then you can accuse all you want and the admins won't have to close down the thread. :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:02 AM
Ben, so what is it? Is ten all that is allowed? Or what?

Ben I haven't even begun to start prattling..yet still thinkin'.

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:03 AM
I have to get back to work (I'm tired of minimising lol) so I'm going offline. I'll create the actual thread tomorrow. Please do me a favour:

THINK OF A NAME FOR OUR THREAD AND POST YOUR IDEAS HERE.

Cheers,

Ben :wavey:

Simplify
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:04 AM
Can I join?

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:06 AM
Believe me Dawn... we're all on the edge of our seats for when you finally compose yourself and let that brilliance flow...

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:07 AM
Ben, so what is it? Is ten all that is allowed? Or what?

Ben I haven't even begun to start prattling..yet still thinkin'.

No not at all Dawn. I reckon the more the merrier but I just think that many posters will not fancy a thread like this (no offence to them though).

Ben Brigham
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Can I join?

Welcome aboard! :wavey:

I'm going offline!

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:15 AM
Becca wrote: BELIEVE ME DAWN...WE'RE ALL AT THE EDGE OF OUR SEATS FOR WHEN YOU FINALLY COMPOSE YOURSELF AND LET THAT BRILLIANCE FLOW...

Dawn writes: Becca this shows EXTREMELY *WEAK CHARACTER* when you include ALL people, for what YOU really feel.

Come come now, as many times as you follow me in threads.. Don't ta maka meah laugha.. lmao! Oh damn too late!

I said I was going to read and laugh.. lmao:)

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:18 AM
I actually appeared in this thread before you did... minor detail for somebody who is such a keen observer, right? :)

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:25 AM
Becca,look in easy phonics.

Just cause your username appeared first in this thread does not mean that what I stated has no logic.

A keen observer would see that it is you yet again.. you found the need to chat with me.

And it is also yor iron\ic ass who then stated you ALL ain't waiting for me to join..MORE IRONY!

Hey Becs:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. happy birthday dear Becaaaaaaaaaaa.. happy Birthday to you!:)

and still laughing my ass off!

Crazy Canuck
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:24 AM
Hooked on phonics worked for you, and so does crack?

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:49 AM
what does "CRACK" have to do with anything? Are you licking someone's ass while you type?

Gurl, you are funny, tossin salad while you post! That is kinky stuff.. go on girl with your bad ass self!! Aint no shame in the game!

gentenaire
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:00 AM
count me in! (active, not passive like Dawn :p ;) )

MarcusRock
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM
If this proposed thread is going to be anything like what's already going on in this advert thread, then that Flemish thread's days are numbered. LOL.

Dahveed
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:17 PM
If i had more time, i'd love to play. It would be like posting everything we say about posters with our MSN friends, right? :D

Ben Brigham
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:02 AM
Hiya! Heya! :wavey:

'Truth Be Told' (not etched in stone by the way) will be the name of our thread. I will post it tomorrow complete with rules, prattle, prattle.

I have heaps of work to do so I will speak to you all later. I'll try to post it tonight from home but if I don't get the chance I'll do it tomorrow.

Cheers! :wavey:

Joy first of all I hope you participate (there are no set number of participants). :) Let's leave at I'll post the actual thread and then you see based on the introduction, etc if you fancy joining or not. :kiss:

Dahveed that's exactly the purpose of the thread (your MSN analogy).
;)

Ben Brigham
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:12 AM
ben...are you sure this thread won't get deleted? i mean...if we're to be as honest as possible...uhhhhh

DD I should hope not coz I've stipulated that only consenting posters should participate. I can't imagine the admins deleting a thread where posters have acknowledged from the beginning that they are taking a risk by being involved in it. I do expect people to be brutally honest but utilising some tact as well. If you're just joining to have a go at certain people then you're defeating the entire purpose of the thread. Personally I actually look forward to being as complimentary as well as analytical. The thread will not be about hate or contempt but hopefully nor will it be this sugar sweet snog fest (so to speak) either. :p ;)

I'm leaving work in an hour. I'll work on the thread at home and have it posted for us to begin tomorrow.

:wavey: