PDA

View Full Version : Mother Schumacher dies in hospital

per4ever
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Elisabeth Schumacher, 55 yrs, mother of F1 drivers Michael and Ralf Schumacher died today in the hospital. Last week she had a bad fall and got in coma. She passed away today.

RIP Elisabeth

Michael and Ralf will participate in the race today :eek: but they won't take part of any ceremony after the race.

Flappie
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Elisabeth Schumacher, 55 yrs, mother of F1 drivers Michael and Ralf Schumacher died today in the hospital. Last week she had a bad fall and got in coma. She passed away today.

RIP Elisabeth

Michael and Ralf will participate in the race today :eek: but they won't take part of any ceremony after the race.
tsss they're gonna participate in the race?! :eek: unbelievable! :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Jeez, that's much too young. :(

Dahveed
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Oh my respect for those guys is even lower now, i cant believe that, of course the race is more important, don't they have any tact at all??!

Anyway, RIP Mrs Schumacher.

carot
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:24 AM
RIP Elisabeth Schumacher, i hope not all of your family are asses like your sons...

Osssge
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:26 AM
"Schumachers excused formalities after mother's death

Michael and Ralf Schumacher have been excused the necessity to participate in all formalities relating to today's San Marino Grand Prix following the death last night of their mother, Elisabeth.

They will still compete in the race from their grid positions of first and second respectively.

Elisabeth Scumacher was hospitalised in Cologne on April 10 following a fall at home, and had recently lapsed into a coma following an operation. Both brothers flew to her bedside immediately after yesterday's qualifying session.

Race stewards Tony Scott-Andrews, Roger Peart and Giuseppe Muscioni officially excused them from the formalities both before and after this afternoon's race, in an FIA bulletin released this morning.

Everyone at www.F1.com extends their sincerest sympathies to the Schumacher family."

RIP Mother Schumacher...

Cersei
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:00 PM
sad news...but the little assholes are going to race?jeez :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:06 PM
What's the problem? Most of us attend work to the extent that we can when a loved one dies. We take time off to attend the funeral and make arrangements for it, of course, but we don't stop work otherwise. We still have a duty to our employers (though we expect them to be understanding and to give us the time off that we actually need).

Is there some suggestion that the Schumachers are not doing all the right things, such as making funeral arrangements, just because they are in this race? I don't see any such suggestion of that here so far.

Nicoleke
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:07 PM
:sad: .....

Nikki
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:14 PM
RIP:sad:

My thoughts are with the Schumacher family.

Good luck in todays race boys.

per4ever
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:21 PM
What's the problem? Most of us attend work to the extent that we can when a loved one dies. We take time off to attend the funeral and make arrangements for it, of course, but we don't stop work otherwise. We still have a duty to our employers (though we expect them to be understanding and to give us the time off that we actually need).

Is there some suggestion that the Schumachers are not doing all the right things, such as making funeral arrangements, just because they are in this race? I don't see any such suggestion of that here so far.
I completely agree..they just do their duty. I guess they'd love to drive now, to have something else in mind for a while.

Osssge
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Yep, and guess their mom would want them to race... She was their greatest supporter...

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Well, there minds will be elsewhere, but it depends what there mum would have wanted

caramel
Apr 20th, 2003, 03:38 PM
:sad:

bubble
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:37 PM
http://www.formula1.com/news/article/264.html
The podium ceremony that followed Michael Schumacher's 65th Grand Prix victory was necessarily subdued, following the death of his mother Elisabeth the previous evening.

The world champion was given the choice whether or not to race and, like brother Ralf, chose to do so in honour of their mother who had been so supportive in both their careers.

As he stood atop the rostrum Schumacher was drawn and pensive, flanked by Kimi Raikkonen and Rubens Barrichello. There was none of the traditional spraying of champagne.

"Formula One has done itself credit today," one seasoned observer remarked. "It was the right thing to give Michael and Ralf the option to race today, and this prize-giving ceremony has been handled with decency."

Luna_Angel_84
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:23 PM
RIP. :sad: How Ralf and Michael managed to race today I'll ever know, butI guess we all handle things differently and for once I was actually glad to see Michael win.

schris
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:55 PM

Car Key Boi
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:50 PM
holy shit!

this is sad, he was a great driver

but that's motor sport for yuo, and let's be honest, if there were no accidents in Formula 1 or Nascar or whatever, it wouldn't attract anything like the crowds it does

same goes for TV

- Car Key Boi

Luna_Angel_84
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:23 PM
:confused:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:25 AM
holy shit!

this is sad, he was a great driver

but that's motor sport for yuo, and let's be honest, if there were no accidents in Formula 1 or Nascar or whatever, it wouldn't attract anything like the crowds it does

same goes for TV

- Car Key Boi

His mother not Mickey himself ;)

Car Key Boi
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:35 AM
His mother not Mickey himself ;)

lol, that'll teach me for posting without my glasses