PDA

View Full Version : Saturday report

PatM04
Apr 20th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Today I went to both semi's and had as I am sure your know saw lots of great tennis. First, when we got there it was so crowded trying to get in! Well anyways, while we were in line I heard someone behind me say, "good luck". Well I turned around and there was Jennifer! Well that got me excited and then right as Jennifer walked in the players lounge, Paola Suarez walked out and walked right passed me. Right after Paola walked by I turned to my right and there was Elena D comming out of the fitness room. Well I was nearly needing an ambulance by this time since all of this happened in about 20 seconds max. We stopped by one of the practice courts and saw Virginia and Paola working on there serves with their coach. After they left the court Alina and Melien took the court to practice. Well anyways...onto the matches.

Elena D. defeated Justine H.
In the first set Justine looked strong. She displayed good movement and great variety. But something about her seemed off. I can't put my finger on it but it almost seemed like something wasn't there. Well when she won the first set I thought to myself "well this could be over quick". Wrong! Elena began to play a wonderful match. She started making fewer unforced errors and let Justine self-destruct. Although she did blow a 4-1, 40-15 lead Elena played a wonderful third set as well. Congrats to her and better luck next time JuJu:)

Lindsay D. defeated Jennifer C.
Through out the whole match Lindsay looked solid (except the begining stages of the second where she got down 1-3 I think). Jennifer just seemed to be playing the ball right back to Lindsay. Wrong move from Jen as Lindsay has been loving the short center court balls this week. In the third set there was nothing Jen could do. I think Lindsay could've beaten Venus today. Good luck to her in the final also!:) And to Jen... I hope you win either Rome or Berlin:)

ghosts
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Jakub
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:17 PM
thanks ;)

King Aaron
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks. :D

Monica_Rules
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Thanx:)

PatM04
Apr 20th, 2003, 03:11 PM
No problem:) I'll have one of the final for you guys as well!

AKTW
Apr 20th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Thank you!
It's great for you to watch Elena play in the final! :D

PatM04
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:08 PM
AKTW, I know you are thrilled and I just want to tell you Elena returned better than I have ever seen today:) Congrats to her!