PDA

View Full Version : Americans I need your help!

Sam L
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Hi

I was wondering if capital punishment still exists in West Virginia. Also if you're found to be guilty of murdering someone but without too much evidence could you be given the death penalty or just life in prison. Also if say the murderer was an abusive husband or something.

I've tried looking on the web but there seems to be too much information and I can't find what I need. Someone please?

decemberlove
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:04 AM
no... theres a few states w/o the death penality and WV is one of them.

Also if you're found to be guilty of murdering someone but without too much evidence could you be given the death penalty or just life in prison

id say it depends on what state teh crime happens in [and the jury and the quailty of representation the defendant receives]. in texas, theyll kill you for about anything ;)

decemberlove
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:06 AM
actually this one seems better

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=121&scid=11

Sam L
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:19 AM
Hey thanks decemberlove, I really appreciate it! :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:12 PM
The Supreme Court ruled that states have the right to enforce capital punishment to be administered in a humane way to those convicted of "first degree murder".

The definition of first degree murder can vary, but it essentially means pre-planned willful intention killing.

BigB08822
Apr 21st, 2003, 05:43 AM
I think you need a lawyer, not an American...lol!!

Sam L
Apr 21st, 2003, 05:53 AM
LOL @ BigB. I'm writing a story, it's nothing serious nor personal ;) Thanks for help Josh :)