PDA

View Full Version : What is your current favorite song and why?

TennisHack
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure you've answered this question millions of times ("What is your current favorite song?"), but I thought I'd throw another aspect into it: why is it your favorite song? What appeals to you? The beat, the lyrics, the singer's voice or just the singer? ;)

King Aaron
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

It is my favorite song because it has great lyrics and the vocalist Amy Lee is just awesome! :D

Dava
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:36 PM
I like...

Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes
Dont Know What to Tell Ya by Aaliyah
All Over by Lisa MAFFIA

Emola
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Hey Hackie :)

my all time favourite must be Gerry and the Pacemakers "You'll never walk alone" this might be a suprise to some people who know me ;) lol

Basically because of how much it means to the supporters of Liverpool football club and its such a lovely song with the lyrics too :) it always manages to bring a tear to my eye!

~*Alma*~
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Hey Hackie :)

my all time favourite must be Gerry and the Pacemakers "You'll never walk alone" this might be a suprise to some people who know me ;) lol

Basically because of how much it means to the supporters of Liverpool football club and its such a lovely song with the lyrics too :) it always manages to bring a tear to my eye!
*surprised* ;)

I don't have one song, there are so much songs I really really like :)

TennisHack
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:41 PM
I like...

Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes
Dont Know What to Tell Ya by Aaliyah
All Over by Lisa MAFFIA

Quite a variety there, Dava. Why do you like those songs?

TennisHack
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:42 PM
*surprised* ;)

Well then, you don't have to name just one ;)

Emola
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:46 PM
*surprised* ;)

lol I knew you wouldnt be ;) anyway for those who dont know of it, here are the lyrics!

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk

You'll never walk
You'll never walk alone.

:)

~*Alma*~
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:50 PM
I really like Shape by the Sugababes :hearts: :worship:
ok by Big brovas :hearts:

I really into English bands right now ;)

Steam
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I'm currently enjoying Kappatexx's "I'm the Greatest" since it really captures my mood.

Dava
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Quite a variety there, Dava. Why do you like those songs?

I like the White Stripes song because I think its just so well done, considering they use so little technology on their recordings. I also like how it starts with the bass line, then the drums come in, then the vocal, and then all the other stuff. Its built up so well.

As for Aaliyah I love her, Aaliyah by Aaliyah is probably one of my all time fave albums (I made this decision before she passed, just so you dont think Im a sucker), and this is the best track of the latest album

As for Lisa MAFFIA, I love to dance to it, its just great to shake your body to.

I also forgot to put.

Lil'Kim - The Jump Off Possibly the best song of her career.

Maajken
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

It is my favorite song because it has great lyrics and the vocalist Amy Lee is just awesome! :D
:worship: :worship:

*JR*
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Esp. for CKB, from us owned peacetards: If you’re going to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

If you’re going to San Francisco

You’re gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who come to San Francisco

Summertime will be a love-in there

In the streets of San Francisco

Gentle people with flowers in their hair

All across the nation,

such a strange vibration

People in motion

There’s a whole generation,

with a new explanation

People in motion, people in motion

For those who come to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

If you come to San Francisco

If you come to San Francisco

Nicoleke
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:17 PM
" If you' re not the one " by Daniel Beddingfield, because I'd love that a sweet guy says me these things one day .....

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 19th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Clocks by Coldplay......best damn song ever!!!:hearts:

Chrissssie poo.........I love you!:hearts::kiss:

JonBcn
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:52 AM
'Nothing Fails' off the new Madonna album. It starts off with an acoustic guitar and toned down electronic beats, and ends with a swooping gospel choir that comes from nowhere in the middle of the song. I'm not the worlds biggest Maodnna fan, but its a really nice song.

Ting
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:14 AM
My current favorite song is There You'll Be by Faith Hill, because it means something special to me:)

TennisHack
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:52 AM
I'll chime in with "Clocks" by Coldplay, though really that whole album is just amazing. Martin's voice is very mesmerizing, and if you've ever seen it performed live -- :eek:

Also in heavy rotation right now is the soundtrack to West Side Story. I'm a closet musical geek and a hapless romantic, plus with summer coming up, those hot Spanish dances are sounding pretty nice right about now ;)

Others? You don't have to choose one song, but its interesting to find out why people like what they like :)

JonBcn
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:55 AM
I had the misfortune to hear them play Clocks live on Radio 1 the other day, and his voice was terrible...sorry, I've never been able to stand Coldplay :p

Also at the moment I really like the Bitter End by Placebo...it fires me up in the morning on my way to work. As does, um Superman by Daniel Kublboch , which makes me smile. :o

Are you in bern now? Shouldnt you be in bed? ;)

TennisHack
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:58 AM
I had the misfortune to hear them play Clocks live on Radio 1 the other day, and his voice was terrible...sorry, I've never been able to stand Coldplay :p

Also at the moment I really like the Bitter End by Placebo...it fires me up in the morning on my way to work. As does, um Superman by Daniel Kublboch , which makes me smile. :o

Are you in bern now? Shouldnt you be in bed? ;)

LOL, I suppose live music can be rather hit or miss -- but if you see it, you'll see how much of themselves the band pour into their music, and its just amazing.

What can I say -- are you a fellow night owl? ;)

JonBcn
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:02 AM
It comes from years of working in clubs...now everytime I havemore than 2 days off I immediately settle back into night mode, even though i havent done it for years. :confused:

TennisSTUD
Apr 20th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Anytime by Kelly Clarkston

decemberlove
Apr 20th, 2003, 06:27 AM
ribbons in the sky - stevie wonder

why? it's been a fave for years...and after this summer, will be remembered forever... :)

wedding song?

cheliste
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:25 AM
From this group, from this album
|
V
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000089RVX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just like Aaron and Maeike... :worship:
Of the 11 tracks, the songs I love the most are: Bring Me to Life, My Immortal, Going Under and Haunted. I can't pick one. :o

Amy's voice is amazing and when I first heard Bring Me to Life in Daredevil, I thought there was Linkin Park-esque ring to the Save Me, save me...without a soul..part of the song. Alright, Paul McCoy is from 12 Stones and not Linkin Park. :o
Plus, I'm drawn to songs that explore dark, introspective themes of love and despair. :p

E. Blackadder
Apr 20th, 2003, 08:30 AM
At this very moment: Sinead O'Connor & Shane McGowan - Haunted :D

It's just a great spring - feel good song

per4ever
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:16 AM
I'm with you, Avril Lavigne

shirley
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Retreat by Hell Is For Heroes :drool:

They are a great band, this song is from their fantastic debut album The Neon Handshake and the singer is gorgeous ;)

I also really like Homesick by The Vines because it's completely different from the singles they've released from "Highly Evolved."

Anad finally "Bandages" by Hot Hot Heat. Whenever I hear this song it makes me smile :)

decemberlove
Apr 20th, 2003, 09:31 AM
fiona apple. never is a promise.

the lyrics... her voice... the music. everything.

CanadianBoy21
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:32 PM
We Need A Resolution - Aaliyah
and I Care 4 U
I like the beat, the sound, and Aaliyah never oversings a tune, unlike todays' artists who try tooo hard.
also Rock The Boat and Don't Know What To Tell Ya, and.....all of the songs ;)

Her self entitled cd is by far my favourite album of all time, and I also made that decision before she passed.
dava_russianrule :)

Dahveed
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Purgatorying by Alanis Morissette. It's on the latest DVD, it's so beautifully sung and i love the lyrics and the music and i listen to this song everyday these days.

Osssge
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:37 PM
HIM- Gone with the Sin cuz I love the concert video with Ville oh so beautiful!!

Princess Fiona
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:43 PM
My current favourite song is "Kein Zurück" by Wolfsheim. :D I really like this band (I didn't know about them until a month or so ago, and now I guess I'm "making up for lost time" ;) ) and I really like this style of music...

My current favourite song that is "not current" (errh, I AM making sense? *slump* ;) ) is "Somebody" by Depeche Mode. It's a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics... :)

:wavey:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:02 PM
hm.. this is hard :D

Sean Paul - Get Busy :cool: it's got good beats - good song to dance to.... :angel:

Amanda Perez - Angel :angel: Beauuuuuuutiful song :)

Shania Twain - Ka-Ching! :D :bounce: it's just cool ;)

Astro Jetson
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:06 PM
There are so many:

The Cardigans - Communication (Nina's voice is so smooth)
Placebo - The Bitter End (i like the darkness of it)
Danni Minogue - Begin to wonder (catchy pop pur sang)
Joan Osborne - Why can't we live together (the lyrics)
The Bangles - Something that you said (nostalgia)

caramel
Apr 20th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I also like "Ka-Ching!" by Shania Twain and listen to it over and over again at the moment and sometimes I even catch myself singing it. LOL They lyrics are kinda catchy. :p

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 20th, 2003, 05:23 PM
lol cara :D seen the music video?

TennisHack
Apr 20th, 2003, 07:18 PM
My current favourite song is "Kein Zurück" by Wolfsheim. :D I really like this band (I didn't know about them until a month or so ago, and now I guess I'm "making up for lost time" ;) ) and I really like this style of music...

What style of music is this? I've never heard of them :o

Martian Stacey
Apr 21st, 2003, 06:03 AM
at the moment, i love 'Lost Without You' by Delta Goodrem, i don't really have a reason, i just love it!! :D

Princess Fiona
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:21 PM
TennisHack, with Wolfsheim think of a "darker" Depeche Mode... :) Very "German" sounding (which is very good for me :) ) and very "sophisticated" sounding music... :)

Hope that helps... :) I'm really "not good" at describing things sometimes... :sad: ;)

TennisHack
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:38 PM
Yes, it does :) I know what you mean.

I guess you could say I'm not very up-to-date with the music scene :o

Princess Fiona
Apr 21st, 2003, 04:09 PM
I'm pleased you know what I mean... :) I'm not so up-to-date with the current music either... :o I'm a little "stuck in the time warp" sometimes... :o ;)

:wavey:

TennisHack
Apr 21st, 2003, 08:25 PM
:wavey: Franziska

Anybody else have anything to add? :)