PDA

View Full Version : Robert Atkins dies at age 72 of severe head injury

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:48 PM
April 17 — Dr. Robert C. Atkins, whose best-selling low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet was dismissed as nutritional folly for years but was recently validated in some research, died Thursday, his spokesman said. He was 72.

Well.......his diet never worked for me! That is sad though...:sad:

Hurley
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Look at it this way...he died at 72 and it wasn't because of ill health!

Anyway, still a shame...72 is too young these days :(

Maxine
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:25 PM
His diet never worked too well for me either Gabby! In fact all that red meat and fat made me tired, ill and moody. I lost about 3 pounds in two days but could hardly get out of bed :rolleyes:

*JR*
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Barry Sears' Zone stuff is both healthier and more effective than these extreme diets like Atkins/Eades on one side or Pritikin/McDougall on the other. And Atkins' "mentor", Carlton Fredericks, died of a heart attack @ 76. (No idea re. the quiet British scientist whose work both shamelessly ripped off as their own, albeit with footnotes in Atkins' diet books). And he "recycled" the same crap into "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution" to get more $ from previous customers; and only started to fund actual studies after making millions first; was totally oblivious to "good vs. bad fats", and to effect on kidneys of excreting excess protein over many years; pushed every holistic cure-all for everything...