PDA

View Full Version : Are you also in debts??

Martian Mel
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Having debts sucks :sad: Hehe it's my own fault...i went backpacking in Australia for 3 months and had the best time of my life with the money of the bank :o but now i'm home and have to pay it all back hehe.....It's a lot of money but...you only life once :worship: So are you in debts???

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Oh yes, only by about 1000 now though, but still it sucks, you work only to pay off the debts :sad:

Tammy
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:03 PM
uh huh - damn expensive uni :fiery:

.. hmm *wonders how much more in debt ill be after spending two months in europe this summer* :p

*sigh*

gentenaire
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:05 PM
never had debts :)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Plenty of time for debts, mortgages, credit cards, just about everyone will be in debt at some time in there lives, whether it be Uni or an emergency operation or needing to buy a house, ya just never know when you will get in debt, or when a fire or something will rip ya home apart and wreck you.

Or for us blokes, when you meet a woman :rolleyes: ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:15 PM
To most ;) although not with me, no woman is touching my money EVER and if she does, she'll wish she didn't ;) :D

gentenaire
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:16 PM
I have a very simple rule: the only things for which I'll lend money are a car and a house. You know exactly how much you have to pay each month, for a house, make sure it's no more than 1/3rd of what you make. Everything else, I must be able to pay right away or I won't buy it.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:19 PM
The thing with houses etc is you don't know if you will lose your job or anything, it's always risky.

And i have the spirit ;) My motto is trust no-one suspect everyone ;)

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:23 PM
The thing with houses etc is you don't know if you will lose your job or anything, it's always risky.

And i have the spirit ;) My motto is trust no-one suspect everyone ;)

Words to live by ;)

Never have kids! They're a black hole for your money. And they cost more as they get older!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Kids are wonderful, i'll never regret

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Kids are wonderful, i'll never regret

Alas, I'm too late ;)
well, if you like your kids, it's all cool

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:28 PM
;)

Well i did have a daughter who is no longer with us, hence no regrets...............maybe again one day......we'll see, got to find a woman first, a decent one, that will be hard enough ;)

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:29 PM
;)

Well i did have a daughter who is no longer with us, hence no regrets...............maybe again one day......we'll see, got to find a woman first, a decent one, that will be hard enough ;)

Awww, I'm sorry :sad:

Word. I have no worries, you'll find another chicky ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks GBFH, and i doubt i will, but hey, i'm still young...............ish ;)

And i know what you mean DeuceDiva, give most people an inch and they take a mile

Martian Mel
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:37 PM
uh huh - damn expensive uni :fiery:

.. hmm *wonders how much more in debt ill be after spending two months in europe this summer* :p

*sigh*

Wow that's cool!Are you also comming to Holland ;) Hehe watch out with your money though :angel:

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks GBFH, and i doubt i will, but hey, i'm still young...............ish ;)

And i know what you mean DeuceDiva, give most people an inch and they take a mile

Guys can have kids into their 90s! You can't possibly be that old ;)

Tell me about it, my uncle the smuggler tries to rip my dad off all the time. good thing he doesn't buy it ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Guys can have kids into their 90s! You can't possibly be that old ;)

Tell me about it, my uncle the smuggler tries to rip my dad off all the time. good thing he doesn't buy it ;)

Well..........26..........i feel 90 though ;)

Everyone should be careful with cash, even the most loving couples can split and one of them turn nasty, if i ever get married, there will be a pre marriage agreement that if we split, we take our own things and own money with no room for negotiation

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Well..........26..........i feel 90 though ;)

Everyone should be careful with cash, even the most loving couples can split and one of them turn nasty, if i ever get married, there will be a pre marriage agreement that if we split, we take our own things and own money with no room for negotiation

Only 26? Man, you're young. What you talkin' 'bout??? ;)

Always smart, my man. Either that, or don't get married in a communitive property state. And always keep your will and pension/retirement plans updated!!! Shit happens!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Only 26? Man, you're young. What you talkin' 'bout??? ;)

Always smart, my man. Either that, or don't get married in a communitive property state. And always keep your will and pension/retirement plans updated!!! Shit happens!

Youngish ;) I feel 18 sometimes 58 others, you are as young as you want to be, age is but a number.

I may never get married, a piece of paper really is it not????? And very good idea to reguarly update wills etc, cos shit does happen

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:50 PM
I have a very simple rule: the only things for which I'll lend money are a car and a house. You know exactly how much you have to pay each month, for a house, make sure it's no more than 1/3rd of what you make. Everything else, I must be able to pay right away or I won't buy it.

honey, if yuo were to come over and hook up with the Car Key Boi, yuo'll never have to worry about paying for anything ever again :)

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Youngish ;) I feel 18 sometimes 58 others, you are as young as you want to be, age is but a number.

I may never get married, a piece of paper really is it not????? And very good idea to reguarly update wills etc, cos shit does happen

Probably because you work. That ages you about ten years ;)
It's not the number, it's the attitude. See good in bad :)

Well, I always thought marriage is a good idea if you have kids. Or at least live close to one another. The kids need both of ya.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Probably because you work. That ages you about ten years ;)
It's not the number, it's the attitude. See good in bad :)

Well, I always thought marriage is a good idea if you have kids. Or at least live close to one another. The kids need both of ya.

Well i feel 18 then ;) And i always see good in bad, too many people judge on what they see/hear and the people that reject there friends when in need, being positive about people lifts you, even if they let you down ;)

Marriage can be good, but i'll only do it if 'she' wants to and i don't have to pay for it ;)

BK4ever
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Debt is baaaaaaaaaaad...

When I was growing up, my parent always paid their credit card bills in full each month...so now I do the same thing...

I'm about to get a car, but I will try to pay it off in a few months...I wouldnt be able to sleep if had debt...I worry too much...lol

GBFH
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Well i feel 18 then ;) And i always see good in bad, too many people judge on what they see/hear and the people that reject there friends when in need, being positive about people lifts you, even if they let you down ;)

Marriage can be good, but i'll only do it if 'she' wants to and i don't have to pay for it ;)

All very true ;)

that's why you should marry someone who thinks weddings are a waste of money ;)

Leena
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:06 PM
I already have too much money that I'll never spend... Leena's parents spoiled her, and my job pays fairly well.

Now, I just have to find a rich man to spoil me even more. I deserve it.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:06 PM
do parents count?? :o i think i owe my dad some money... *cough*
nah, i'll pay him back when i get rich... i have the best plans. i'll send him and my mom to Taiwan during the norwegian winter, then get them back here when it's summer :cool:

Mel :kiss: hehe, hope your debts are getting smaller, so you can come up here you know ;) :kiss:

Tammy - don't worry, i'll take care of your money :devil: *giggles* :angel:

Tammy
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Wow that's cool!Are you also comming to Holland ;) Hehe watch out with your money though :angel:
uh huh.. im going to england for a month - then two weeks between france, germany, holland, and belgium - then two weeks in athens :D:bounce::bounce:

..and er i just plan on being broke after the trip ok? :p

Leena
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Debt is baaaaaaaaaaad...

When I was growing up, my parent always paid their credit card bills in full each month...so now I do the same thing...

I'm about to get a car, but I will try to pay it off in a few months...I wouldnt be able to sleep if had debt...I worry too much...lol
I've never understood why everyone doesn't pay credit cards in full? Doesn't that just make life much, much easier... and save you money?

Martian Mel
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:13 PM
nah, i'll pay him back when i get rich... i have the best plans. i'll send him and my mom to Taiwan during the norwegian winter, then get them back here when it's summer :cool:

Mel :kiss: hehe, hope your debts are getting smaller, so you can come up here you know ;) :kiss:

Marri it will take me about 26 weeks to pay it off :eek: so i won't make it this summer ....but snowboarding and skiing is cool too ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Marri it will take me about 26 weeks to pay it off :eek: so i won't make it this summer ....but snowboarding and skiing is cool too ;)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

but but, this summer is so perfect, coz i wont go anywhere!! so the days i don't work, i could play with you :D
hm.. but wintertime is good too... though i'm kind of hoping for a trip to Cali this x-mas... and next year (about this time) i'll go the swiss alps, coz my bestfriend will study somewhere in switzerland next year... *sigh* *robs a bank*:D

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:25 PM
No! Tony Pilar and I had the same father (Miriam had a different father), so I was always scared I would come down with Huntington's cholera and end up a vegetable in the sanitarium like Tony. Unlike Tony, I did not have Jennifer North willing to do "nudies" and "art films" in France to finance my vegetative years. Luckily, I never came down with it. Also, being a Broadway superstar/icon, I have accumulated a lot of money from the plays and backstabbing upcoming starlets and all, so I always had more than I could spend.

Neely once had to borrow money to pay the IRS! Borrow money! The shame! Mel told me about it after they divorced and he moved back from Malibu to New York City, taking only his typewriter with him, as it was the only thing in Neely's house that was his. Neely left Mel for Ted Casablanca. Mel got over it becuse he essentially viewed Neely as such a sweet kid, until someone put her name in lights and turned her into a lush, but I think Neely never got over Mel, as she often confused his name with Ted Casablanca's.

Martian Mel
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

but but, this summer is so perfect, coz i wont go anywhere!! so the days i don't work, i could play with you :D
hm.. but wintertime is good too... though i'm kind of hoping for a trip to Cali this x-mas... and next year (about this time) i'll go the swiss alps, coz my bestfriend will study somewhere in switzerland next year... *sigh* *robs a bank*:D

Yeah i really want to come in the summer......it's too fucking cold for me in the winter anyway but i just can't make it this year *prays that i'll win the lottery*If i can't make it this year than it will be next spring/summer :worship: ;)

rand
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:07 AM
ah well I just bought an appartment, so ... I'm in debts now :)

per4ever
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:10 AM
never had debts...and I would never get into debts for a holiday :eek:

wongqks
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Yep, I got into big debts coz I went backpaking for 2 months last year summer, to make matters worse, I went to a few weekend trips after that LOL the temptation of travelling is just too much, trying to go backpacking again this summer to increase my debt yet again ;)

doloresc
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:45 PM
mortgage and credit cards but i accepted the reality before i got into debt. i still live within my means but debt was inevitable once you, as a normal person making a "normal" salary, became a home owner.

rand
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:50 PM
mortgage and credit cards but i accepted the reality before i got into debt. i still live within my means but debt was inevitable once you, as a normal person making a "normal" salary, became a home owner.
just like me then :)

toreador
Apr 19th, 2003, 03:39 AM

er if parents counted then most of us would be in debt;) :o

...well my mother owes me some money:devil:

so i'm not in debt :cool: i only owe 10euro to my bro:o

Crazy Canuck
Apr 19th, 2003, 03:41 AM
I have a 5 figure debt. God bless getting an education in Canada.

DutchieGirl
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:59 AM
I have a loan for my car! But I pay so much a fortnight off it. I plan to pay it off by the end of the year though. When I get back from my holiday I'll just put all my pay into the loan!

I also owe some money to the government from my Uni studies, but that gets taken out of my wages in extra tax if I earn over a set amount a week, so I don't really worry about that. Maybe one day I'll go pay a big lot of it off, but it's about $4000 so I wouldn't be able to pay it all at once.

I don't own a credit card, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon either!

Kanji
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:42 PM
School depts = 14 000 $ ... but its for a good cause. Besides, it helped me getting a good job... :)