PDA

View Full Version : Elena Baltacha!!!!

Pdm1987
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:54 PM
I've been having a look at all the points that bally has to defend for the rest of the year, and July doesn't make easy viewing. Here are my findings;(Just estimating)

5th May - 1 point
12th May - 1 point
19th May - 1 point
(May is the perfect month to pick up points :D )
6th June - 1 point
16th June - 1 point
23rd June - 6 points
(Like May Bally should pick points up here :D )
7th July - 82 points
14th July - 30 points
21st July - 4.5 points
28th July - 30 points
(So 146.5 points to be removed in July - :eek: :eek: )
Bally didn't play in August last year so another opportunity to regain points. :D
8th September - 2 points
22nd September - 14.5 points
20th October - 9 points.

Therefore Bally must ( :( )regain points during April, May and June, hardly anything to defend. Hopefully she can get to at least round 2 of Wimbledon and defend her $25k titles that follow, or near to that.
She will be alright for August & September and will still hopefully be in the qualifying for the US Open and can hopefully get some wins there.

It'll be tough with the form she is in now, so Good Luck Bally :D , you'll need it. :wavey:

Monica_Rules
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:50 PM
It will be tough.

If she can regain her form for Roland Garros and maybe win a match or two in quallies there.Play well at surbiton,birmingham and eastbourne by wimbledon i hope she will be playing great and hopefully can do well there to defend some points!

danra
May 13th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Bally had better defend, but if she carries on playing the same of late, i.e. minimal points, it's gonna be bad. Below 300 - eeek!

She'll be right, kick start on the grass then keep building on that.

Monica_Rules
May 16th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Well shes resting at the mo and probably training for Roland Garros quallies.The she has the grass season where she's bound to start picking up points cos its her best surface!

Martian Martin
May 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I think her best bet to possibly defend these points is to play a player at Wimby ranked about 30-40, who is a traditional clay courter, who has had no warm up tourneys on the grass.

england_rules
May 17th, 2003, 09:42 PM
ell Bally won her first round qualifying match at Strasbourg so should be looking to get a few points here! Go Bally!

Maxine
May 17th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Well done Bally today :)
It will be tough for her to defend her points, but if she could win tomorrow it would help!