PDA

View Full Version : The Driving Lesson Thread!!

Kelly
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys n Girls!! :wavey:

I just had my second driving lesson today and i drove into the curb and totally messed up the instructers wheel trim...oops :eek:

I was just wondering if any of you lot are having lessons and how is it going?? Have u done your theory test...i had lessons a few years ago and did the theory which i failed misserably..i got 23 out of 35!

Maybe we can keep this thread going and give regular updates on how we are doing!

im really struggleing to find the bite on the clutch and it takes me 2 or 3 goes till i can actually set off...lol....im really bad!!

speak to u all soon love

kelly :wavey: :kiss:

Lord Chips
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:56 AM
:wavey: I've been learning for two years and am still no where near my test. I failed my theory twice (29 (got one question with 2 possible answers and selected the wrong one) and 24)

I see from your profile your studying Lesiure and Recreation. Ive got two months left of that course at Barnet College

bee
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Just don't hit any living thing.... :)
The hardest part is the first time you would drive alone.... after that you kinda get used to it!!! :) :)

vaiva
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Here's some visual aid for you:

http://www2.omnitel.net/smirlis/tmp/schule.html

Kelly
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Thanks!

My profile is abit out dated..i finished that course last year i just havent got round to updating it! oops

Lord Chips
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Thats ok. Can I ask what your doing now. I finish in June and have no idea what to do next

Kelly
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:37 PM
lol...well im now working in supermarket in the petrol station and thinking of going on a mangers course. my ideal job would be to work for the wta (wouldnt we all!) but im one of those people who just hasnt got a clue about my future!!

Lord Chips
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Im looking for a job that pays £500,000 per year and involes watching sport but there arent so many around :sad:

baico
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:44 PM
i have my driving licence

theory : 37 out of 40.
practical : failed first time, i rode too near to a man with a bike .... succesfull in second attempt ...
:)

Tennisfan**
Apr 21st, 2003, 06:23 PM
hey im learning at the moment had 17 lessons and have my theory on the 11th of may. i hate cluch control and i always stall the car but its ok i'll get there eventully! cool thread!

Nikki
Apr 21st, 2003, 07:25 PM
I passed 2nd time round for both my Car & bike license.

Passed my theory 1st time though:)

Dava
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:21 PM
Passed my theory second time.

I failed my first driving test, go another on the 18th of May.

Kelly
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I just got back from my 3rd lesson...and my clutch contol is still crap..although i am getting better. my driving is fine until i have to stop...cos i cant get going again!! i only stalled a few times today although there were a few cars behind me making me a bit uncomfortable..i mean is it really nessecery to drive up someones arse..cant the see the big 'L' sign!! also had to deal with a ambulance and its sirens which i pulled over for. I still speed a bit and my instucter is now fining me £1 everytime i go over the limit!!

so how are u doing??

Dava
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:47 AM
My driving instructor has changed his car, so I am having to re-learn all the exercises for the new car :fiery:

Kelly
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:58 AM
thats ridiculas....they get us use to the car we are gonna take our test in..then change it!! what car is it?? im driving a perguot 206...very nice!!

Lord Chips
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:02 PM
I started to learn in a 206 but now learn on an Almera.

Still no closer to passing

Cunniff
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Last year my sister decided to learn how to drive. After the usual circuit around town the instructor took her out into the country. She was doing fine, so he asked her to pull over so he could ascertain how much of the "Highway Code" she knew. This she managed no problem, and he announced it was time to return. There were a couple of walkers coming down the road, so he informed her to let them know she was moving off. Rather than flick the indicators however , she proceeded to wind down the window, lean out and shout "I'm moving on now!" That was the end of the lesson, as the instructor nearly wet himself laughing. Amazingly, she went on to pass.

Kelly
May 1st, 2003, 09:46 PM
LOL!!

lesson number 4...see lesson number 3!!

clutch control=crap
stop and go=crap
going and not stopping=good
turning=not very good

so overall....i shud pass my test next week!!

Kelly
May 2nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE='jonathan_crane']To put the icing on the cake, next time you are stopped at traffic lights, floor it and speed off into the distance, leaving them trailing behind. That'll teach them![QUOTE]

Slight problem.....when i stop at traffic lights...i stall it...but i suppose it has the same effect..they just get annoyed even more! :p

Nicoleke
May 2nd, 2003, 10:41 AM
I have my driving license, I had the theory and the practise at the first time but ..... it' s a " disaster " when I drive lol :p. I try to do my best, but I don' t drive often, and I' m too bad lol :) !!!!!

Kelly
May 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Hi Guys!

Wow!! Im pretty pleased with myself now....i had a great lesson today and even did some reversing...which surprisingly went really well. Im starting to revise for my theory now...which i have failed previously..but i am determined to pass it!! How are you all doing?? any one passed yet??

Dava
May 19th, 2003, 11:48 AM
I passed my TEST today.

What out people, Im on the road!!

Nikki
May 19th, 2003, 01:10 PM
I passed my TEST today.

What out people, Im on the road!!

Congrats :bounce:

Kelly
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:21 PM
its been a while since i last posted in this thread but.......since then i have passed my theory last year and i have my test in 2 weeks and i am crapping myself...i have no chance of passing!

i almost caused a pile up on the big roundabout in town...lol

Cersei
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
goodluck with your test! :yeah:
i just finished my drivinglessons and i'll take the big test in July, i get nervous just thinking about it *gulp*

Lord Chips
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Good luck :)

Mathijs
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
well i have failed my driversexam for the third time :(, if i fail one more time i'll have to do a governmental exam :mad: i was soooo dissapointed with it i couldn't think of something else!! :sad:

Evey
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Good luck with your driving test :)

Mike
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Hey people :wavey:

Ive just started driving lessons had about 3 now, and they are going ok but i always freak out at traffic lights :eek: and i dont like roundabouts much either :lol: But oh well its only my third lesson. Also on my last lesson i had school traffic to deal with too and i freaked everything just went wrong, but i hope to get better :lol:

but good luck everyone keep us updated :yeah: ;)

Kart
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Good luck with your test - I only passed a few months ago myself, I know it's a stressful time !!!

When you pass though, you'll love it ;)

Mike
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Good luck Kelly on your test :yeah:

And congrats Kart :bigclap:

Kart
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Good luck Kelly on your test :yeah:

And congrats Kart :bigclap:
Thanks, but I hit my car into a brick wall on Sunday so I probably don't deserve it ;)

Infiniti2001
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks, but I hit my car into a brick wall on Sunday so I probably don't deserve it ;)

Oh no you didn't :lol: That's still better than hitting a highway/state patrol car which happened to be parked :haha: I tried to do the right thing, so of course I went in to tell someone (NEVER AGAIN) :fiery: I not only got a ticket for what was called a moving violation ,I was also sent to that 5 hour boring ass class, and got a bill for $399 :rolleyes: ( I asked to pay it from my pocket , because I was under 22 at the time-- if not my insurance would have skyrocketed . Mind you , it was just a little dent ( nothing happened to my car fortunately). ;) :lol:

P.S. Good Luck Kelly :wavey:

Mike
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I nearly ran over a lollipop man the other day so no sweat:lol:

Btw what car do you drive?

Mike
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Oh no you didn't :lol: That's still better than hitting a highway/state patrol car which happened to be parked :haha: I tried to do the right thing, so of course I went in to tell someone (NEVER AGAIN) :fiery: I not only got a ticket for what was called a moving violation ,I was also sent to that 5 hour boring ass class, and got a bill for $399 :rolleyes: ( I asked to pay it from my pocket , because I was under 22 at the time-- if not my insurance would have skyrocketed . Mind you , it was just a little dent ( nothing happened to my car fortunately). ;) :lol:
Oh well next time you no not to tell them about it :lol: I'm sure your a very good driver really ;)

Kart
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:40 PM

:rolls:

The price we pay for 'doing the right thing' :mad: ;).

Kart
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM
I nearly ran over a lollipop man the other day so no sweat:lol:

Btw what car do you drive?
I drive a Renault Clio. Fortunately it's not too damaged but if you see one on the roads with a front bumper hanging down, it's me ;).

The lollipop man is next on my list :armed:.

Ryan
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Wow, it sounds so hard to get your license in America (is that where you are? lol). I've had my full for about 5 weeks now. It only involved 9 hours of in-car driving, and 24 hours of classroom stuff. We had no theory test, and the road test was easy. Good luck with your stuff. :D

Infiniti2001
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:40 AM
I drive a Renault Clio. Fortunately it's not too damaged but if you see one on the roads with a front bumper hanging down, it's me ;).

The lollipop man is next on my list :armed:.

:rolls:you had me spitting my smoothie :haha: what is your beef with the lollipop man??

Kelly
May 10th, 2004, 02:00 PM
bad news im afraid

i failed my test. i only got 7 minors but 3 were for speeding which basically means i failed. im really pissed off cos i got my self so worked up about big roundabouts and revesing round a corner..i didnt get a round about and i did my reverse a corner and turn in the road brilliantly...im gonna go home and have a bevvie and chill...i hate driving!!!!

rand
May 10th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I forgot to tell I passed mine two months ago or so... :)

Kelly
May 28th, 2004, 12:55 PM
the update is i have now rebooked my test and you couldnt make this up...the only date they had free is

FRIDAY 13TH AUGUST

im sure there is a vendtta against me passing my test!!

whorehand
May 28th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I had my first lesson a few weeks ago and I was, well, awful. My instructor told me to put the clutch in, yet I instead thought it would be a better idea to stamp my foot on the gas, yank the gear stick into a whole new gear and turn the wind-screen wipers on while swerving into the curb. I wish I wasn't joking. To make matters worse my instructor just natters away to me, while I'm trying my best not to kill us both, yet he yells at me for not listening!

I wanted to quit there and then, but I'm on my 5th lesson now and its a lot better. I still don't think I'll be passed before I go to uni. If I wasn't such a lazy bint I would have passed a couple of years ago!

irhouirbnpivfbvcivfbn';ml

annoying.

Kelly
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:51 PM
hey guys not posted in this for a while....but tomorrow is D-Day....i have my test again tomorrow. Friday the 13th....is the world against me passing or something...anyways i will let u know how it went.

Avid Merrion
Aug 12th, 2004, 05:53 PM
:wavey: best of luck Kelly. my sister passed her test on Friday the 13th, so it can be done! :)

sarza
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:37 PM
good luck kelly :)

god i remember my driving lessons it was a couple of years ago now, but it was so bad. On the day of my test i had a two hour lesson with my normal instructer before i went for the test and he tried it on with me :mad: it was horrible i was like 17 and he was in hes fifties i couldnt believe it :eek: :mad: thankfully i passed my test and never had to see him again. Actually i saw him recently at a petrol station we were both filling up our cars and he shouted across "Hey u can fill me up anytime" SICKO!!!!!!!

selking
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Hi Guys n Girls!! :wavey:

I just had my second driving lesson today and i drove into the curb and totally messed up the instructers wheel trim...oops :eek:

I was just wondering if any of you lot are having lessons and how is it going?? Have u done your theory test...i had lessons a few years ago and did the theory which i failed misserably..i got 23 out of 35!

Maybe we can keep this thread going and give regular updates on how we are doing!

im really struggleing to find the bite on the clutch and it takes me 2 or 3 goes till i can actually set off...lol....im really bad!!

speak to u all soon love

kelly :wavey: :kiss:

I got mine june 22. Its awesome to be able to drive. Just dont worry about running into shit. I did it alot. I barely passed my final test. I ran in the thing in front of a parking space and i ran into a curb when turning. and that was on my final.

Lord Chips
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Good Luck.

I have my test booked for 8th November now

Bacardi
Aug 12th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Ummm, once when I was supposed to back up on a hill into a lil parking place I ended up backing up onto the hill. Then paniced and got the brake and gas petal confused. Still they awarded me my license and I've had no problems since then. Of course I dont' go trying to back into parking places on hills anymore either. :lol:

Anne K.
Aug 13th, 2004, 01:04 AM
This thread is effing hilarious!! :worship: I mean, it seems like a lot of you have
had awful problems in driving lessons, exams, and after you get your licenses,
but believe me, someday you'll laugh your asses off when you remember
this part of your life. BTW, I'm from the US, and even tho I passed my
driving exam lo these many years ago (and NO, you don't want to know how
long ago that was, believe me!), I don't remember having any problems
passing either the written or drive exam. I actually aced both my first go!
But from what you guys have said, it seems like the testing in the UK and
Europe is a lot different (and HARDER!) than over here. I mean, having to
book your "road" test months in advance?? What's with that?? In the US, you
just go to the DMV and wait. Some offices will book you in advance, but
never more than a few days or a week ahead. And do they make you learn
to drive a stick-shift (manual)? Wow, if so. I learned on a shift/clutch car
so I can drive both, but in the States, you take your road test in the car
you bring to the test. I had a few driving lessons in high school, and the
cars my instructors had us using were NEVER sticks. Luckily I had most of
my lessons in my brother-in-law's old Nash Rambler. Talk about a piece
of shit car!! :eek:

Anyways, thanks all for chronicling your adventures and mishaps on the
road to a driver's license. Kelly, if you're out there in cyberspace, the
best of luck on your exam. Remeber, Friday the 13th has no real power
to screw your day up unless you let it. Just treat it like any ordinary
day (which it IS) and you won't have any problems! TTFN :wavey:

Avid Merrion
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:23 AM
But from what you guys have said, it seems like the testing in the UK and Europe is a lot different (and HARDER!) than over here. I mean, having to book your "road" test months in advance?? What's with that?? In the US, you just go to the DMV and wait. Some offices will book you in advance, but never more than a few days or a week ahead. And do they make you learn to drive a stick-shift (manual)? Wow, if so. I learned on a shift/clutch car so I can drive both, but in the States, you take your road test in the car you bring to the test. I had a few driving lessons in high school, and the cars my instructors had us using were NEVER sticks.
:wavey: i can't speak for the rest of Europe, but the UK driving test is one of the more difficult ones to pass.
you've got your theory test first with a pass mark of 30/35 and the hazard perception test with a pass mark of 44/75. you can't sit your practical driving test without passing these 2 first.
the practical test involves a 40 minute drive with 2 of the 3 maneuvers (left reverse round a corner, parallel park and turn in the road) and a possible emergency stop. 16 or more minor faults results in a fail. there is also now a "show or explain simple maintenance tasks" part of the test where you will be asked how you put air in the tyres, where the oil goes etc :lol:
if you sit your test in an automatic and not a manual (stick-shift), then an automatic is all you are licenced to drive. most Brits sit their tests in a manual, then you are licenced for both. manuals are proper driving anyway, automatics are for people who don't appreciate real driving! :lol: ;)
the usual waiting time for a test is approx 6 weeks, although you can sometimes luck out with a cancellation. :)

Kelly
Aug 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I PASSED!!!!!!! I PASSED!!!!

oh my god i cannot believe it...i only just passed though..got 14/15 minors...but i didnt speed. the weather conditions were awful..in torrential rain...i did a turn in the road, reverse park, emergancy stop...which shitted me up, a massive roundabout which terryfy me...lol and the instructor is known for being horrible....but the main thing now is im legal to drive!!

i hope to everyone can keep this thread going cos i wanna hear how all of you guys do on your tests...if i can do it u should have no problem.
thanks for all the good luck messages.
love
kelly
xx:wavey:

Avid Merrion
Aug 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
:bounce: congratulations Kelly!!! :yeah:
told ya Friday the 13th was nothing to worry about ;)

Anne K.
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Hey, that's great Kelly! Are you having a party or something to celebrate?
You deserve alot of credit for passing--sounds like the tests you take in
the UK are very hard. BTW, where exactly in Britain are you located? Just
in case I ever visit the UK, so I'll know where to avoid visiting.........:devil:
(j/k!)

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Anne K.
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM
:wavey: i can't speak for the rest of Europe, but the UK driving test is one of the more difficult ones to pass.
you've got your theory test first with a pass mark of 30/35 and the hazard perception test with a pass mark of 44/75. you can't sit your practical driving test without passing these 2 first.
the practical test involves a 40 minute drive with 2 of the 3 maneuvers (left reverse round a corner, parallel park and turn in the road) and a possible emergency stop. 16 or more minor faults results in a fail. there is also now a "show or explain simple maintenance tasks" part of the test where you will be asked how you put air in the tyres, where the oil goes etc :lol:
if you sit your test in an automatic and not a manual (stick-shift), then an automatic is all you are licenced to drive. most Brits sit their tests in a manual, then you are licenced for both. manuals are proper driving anyway, automatics are for people who don't appreciate real driving! :lol: ;)
the usual waiting time for a test is approx 6 weeks, although you can sometimes luck out with a cancellation. :)
WOW!! Thanks for all the info. Your tests sound WAY harder than the ones
we Yanks have to pass--maybe that's why they're so many shitty drivers
in the US!! :lol:

Anne K.
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Hey, that's great Kelly! Are you having a party or something to celebrate?
You deserve alot of credit for passing--sounds like the tests you take in
the UK are very hard. BTW, where exactly in Britain are you located? Just
in case I ever visit the UK, so I'll know where to avoid visiting.........:devil:
(j/k!)

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Oops! Sorry, I just looked at your post and noticed you're from Manchester.
Never mind, as Emily Letella would say!

SJW
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
awwwwwwwww congrats!!!!

KV
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Congratulations Kelly :D

Kelly
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM
thanks guys....im going out on sunday night with a few friends kinda a double celebration as one of my workmates is leaving so were going for a drink or two...i wont be drving though!!

KV
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:38 PM
thanks guys....im going out on sunday night with a few friends kinda a double celebration as one of my workmates is leaving so were going for a drink or two...i wont be drving though!!
If you are interested you could join here. Think there's another one who supports Man City.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=3976476#post3976476

Lord Chips
Aug 13th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Well done

Avid Merrion
Aug 13th, 2004, 04:20 PM
WOW!! Thanks for all the info. Your tests sound WAY harder than the ones
we Yanks have to pass--maybe that's why they're so many shitty drivers
in the US!! :lol:
:lol: you are welcome, i got a bit carried away there didn't i.... :o
and i can assure you, there are still plenty of shitty drivers here too! :haha:

Zamboni
Aug 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
:wavey: Hey all!

I had about 30 lessons now and still not quite at exam level....driving sucks! But I don't wanna stop my lessons now cos it's going a little better (at least I'm not narrowly missing bicycles anymore....) and they say it's trown away money if I stop now, and I suppose they're right.

I wanna do my theory test soon, and I really need to pass because I'll be busy with school again in a few weeks :(

Kart
Aug 13th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Congrats Kelly :yeah:

SK Fluffy
Aug 13th, 2004, 07:14 PM

oh my god i cannot believe it...i only just passed though..got 14/15 minors...but i didnt speed. the weather conditions were awful..in torrential rain...i did a turn in the road, reverse park, emergancy stop...which shitted me up, a massive roundabout which terryfy me...lol and the instructor is known for being horrible....but the main thing now is im legal to drive!!

i hope to everyone can keep this thread going cos i wanna hear how all of you guys do on your tests...if i can do it u should have no problem.
love
kelly
Well done!! You can drive like an idiot now if you want and it doesn't matter! It's amazing the difference a certificate can make!! (I passed in March btw, and the British tests are the hardest!)

SK Fluffy
Aug 13th, 2004, 07:17 PM
OMG Anne K. You just turn up and do your test in an automatic???!!! Well I suppose the roads are HUGE in the US!

Anne K.
Aug 16th, 2004, 05:37 AM
OMG Anne K. You just turn up and do your test in an automatic???!!! Well I suppose the roads are HUGE in the US!
:wavey: Well, I wouldn't say ALL the roads are 'huge' in the US--we have our
share of dinky streets and highways. But compared to the UK, I suppose
they are, for the most part. And yes, you just turn up for the road test in
whatever car you own or have access to. Of course, it has to have all its
mirrors, a working horn, etc. And there's no notation on one's driver's license
concerning whether you're supposed to drive either a manual or automatic.
Glad I don't live in the UK--I have this feeling I would have flunked the
tests several times!!:lol:

sarza
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:40 AM
my friend has been taking driving lessons on and off since she were 17, shes now 23!!! and she has just crashed the driving instructers car :eek: she should really give up :lol:

gentenaire
Aug 16th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Congratulations Kelly!

I think the test is a bit similar in Belgium. We must first pass the theoretical exam (you're allowed one grave mistake, 7 minor mistakes), then you get a learner's permit and can start learning to drive.

If you don't take lessons, you must drive for at least nine months with someone who's had his license for more than 5 years, with an L on the back of the car. But you musn't wait logner than a year or the permit expires and you can't renew it so you're forced to take lessons then.

If you take 10 lessons, you can take the test after 6 months. If you take 20, you can take the test after 3 months.

The exam itself consists of two parts: maneuvres and road test. First you must do 4 maneuvres at the exam centre: parallel parking, drive backwards in a narrow street, turn in a narrow street, drive into a narrow garage box and out again. If you fail these, the practical exam ends here. If the examinator says it's good enough, you have to wait on a small hill. That's when the examinator gets in the car and the road test starts. You start the car on the hill (examinator tells you whether to use your hand brake or pedal brake) and you're off. They generally take you to the busiest parts in town. The test usually includes some traps (take you to a one way street, tell you to keep going, if you do that, you fail), a point where you have to turn into a busy street coming out of a tiny street (if you wait too long, you fail), you can fail for not checking your blind angle, for speeding, for drivng too slow, for driving too close to a cyclist...they often find a reason. Generally, when you've taken lessons, you stand a much higher chance of passing.

And yes, it's normally with a clutch because everyone knows that's the only proper way to drive ;)

One stupid thing about our exam policy: foreigners who can already drive have to go through the same process! My sister's BF is an Aussie and he needs to get a Belgian license if he wants to drive here (his international license expired). He's now studying for the theoretical test, but after that he'll have to wait 9 months before he can take the practical one! Since he can already drive, has been driving for years, taking lessons is a waste of money. So right now he's not allowed to drive at all, not until he's passed the theoretical test, and after that he won't be allowed to drove on his own for 9 months and not after 10 pm! It's really annoying. My sister doesn't like driving that much and she'd always let him drive. Now she must always drive.

"Sluggy"
Aug 16th, 2004, 07:59 AM

love
kelly

Congratulations Kelly! You should be super proud of yourself!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now please, this doesnt mean that you get to drive like a maniac now. Use it for transportation only - not to speed like a demon!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Anne K.
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Well Kelly, now that you're been a full-fledged driver for a few days, how's
it going? And did you have a fun celebration party! :)

Kelly
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:30 PM
the celebration party went well...we went bowling. I havent actaully drove yet....im sending off for my full license this week but i have no insurance or a car yet....it will cost me £200 to be put on my mums insurance but if i have a bump i have to pay the first £350 b4 they will pay out.....so im just waiting at the mo and trying to save up a bit

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 16th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Use your refernce points nad when turning use your transition pegs...

Lord Chips
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Good Luck.

I have my test booked for 8th November nowSome how, despite hitting the kerb, speeding and struggling to find the right gear, I passed with only 6 minors. Still hasn't sunk in yet

Kelly
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:07 PM
congratulations!!!!

I still havent driven since passing my test...lol..im saving up to get a car...really want a fiat punto.

Lord Chips
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:23 PM

Im using my Mum's car for now. Unless I get a proper full time job, I'm never going to be able to save up to buy one of my own

fifiricci
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:20 PM
congratulations!!!!

I still havent driven since passing my test...lol..im saving up to get a car...really want a fiat punto.
This is a genuinely funny thread, thanks to everyone for the funny posts!

I passed my driving test *cough* many years ago. Before the written theory test even, he he! When I was in the learning phase you just got asked a couple of highway code questions at the end and you just put your hand on the examiner's thigh to make sure of the pass! ;)

I drive a fiat punto and I must say that, though it aint that pretty looking, its a very nice drive, so go for it Kelly!

:drive: