PDA

View Full Version : what movie made you cry the most?

SerialKiller#69
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:35 AM
:sad:

Iorhael
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Dancer in the dark :sad:

maratski
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:19 AM
I don't remember the title, but it was one of those true stories where a woman was beaten up by her husband. He was jumping up and down on her head et all. During the trial they were showing it and the way it was described during testimonies was :sad:

rand
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:24 AM
definitely breaking the waves.....

Cersei
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:35 AM
dancer in the dark :sad:

possie
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Life is Beautiful

Ting
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Legend of the fall. It seems touching to me for no reason...

irma
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:18 AM
still my girl

I saw that movie 10 times and every time I start again :sad:

when a man loves a woman :sad:
now and then :sad:
snowwhite and the 7 dwarfs :sad:
the lion king :sad:
the little princess (the shirley temple version) :sad:
e.t (well when I saw it the first time I was very touched when he was dying :sad: )
a movie about a girl who was abused and then became a prostituee and in the end some woman just hugged her and she started to cry. I cried for hours after that :sad:

fear
loverboy (dutch movie)
michael douglas in that adventure movie with kathleen turner (the second with that song that was a hit in the eighties)

I cried in those last three movies too because they were so bad that I cried from laughing;)

veryborednow
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:21 AM
Got to agree with 'The Lion King'.

Jurassic Park made me cry in fear. I refuse to see that film ever again.

Osssge
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Oh, Dancer In the Dark :sad: It was sooo sad.

Lately, Life As a House made me cry. Family dramas make me cry :sad:

Osssge
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:38 AM
And the Maria Callas scene in Philadelphia... :sad:

JonBcn
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Dancer in the Dark, Todo Sobre Mi Madre, Watership Down :o

destry
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:28 AM
:sad: probably Schindler's List - there were many emotional scenes in that film that made me cry. :sad:

Martian Stacey
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Deep Impact made me cry heaps

Mattographer
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Pay It Forward :sad:

Mattographer
I was expect happy ending in Pay It Forward but it fucking ruined all of us!! :sad:

doloresc
"imitation of life" (1934)

E. Blackadder
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Miss Congeniality

(it were tears of joy, but I was crying :D )

bee
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM
When a man loves a woman!!
Bridges of madison county.. :)

Maajken
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:00 PM
titanic :o

cried my eyes out and was down afterwards for several days *ashamed*

Shedevil
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:05 PM
I don't cry...I did when I had glass in my knee when I was 8 but that's all.
you're all weak :p ;)

Maajken
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:06 PM
we're not weak, we have a heart :p

Shedevil
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:10 PM
pathetic :p
what's a heart good for anyway?

thalle
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Titanic and I think it's Legends of the fall...SOmething with Legends and Brad Pitt, and Anthony Hopkins(?) is in it!

Shedevil
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:14 PM
omg Nath, nooooo
you're a sissy too :sad: :p ;)

AjdeNate!
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Beaches

E. Blackadder
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM
SOmething with Legends and Brad Pitt, and Anthony Hopkins(?) is in it!

Meet Joe Black?

thalle
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:17 PM
omg Nath, nooooo
you're a sissy too :sad: :p ;)
Yes!! But be careful, cause me and Yvo, decides what you'll be nominated for... SO don't talk bad to me!!

Shedevil
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:17 PM
yeah, meet Joe black was a beatiful movie
but no, I didn't cry

Shedevil
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Yes!! But be careful, cause me and Yvo, decides what you'll be nominated for... SO don't talk bad to me!!
no, pliez don't nominate me for that...:sad:
I don't believe you, Yvo would never agree
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

thalle
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I'm talking to her about it at the moment!!

thalle
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Ellen, it's just fun-awards.... Nothing like man worst-something... Maybe ther'll be bitch...! Dunno!

Rollo
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Terms of Enderament and Life is Beautiful.

It's those damn movies that make me laugh hard THEN hook you with the sad parts that get me.

roots
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I don't remember the title, but it was one of those true stories where a woman was beaten up by her husband. He was jumping up and down on her head et all. During the trial they were showing it and the way it was described during testimonies was :sad:

I'm not sure if the movie you are talking about was a made-for-TV movie starring Nancy McKeon of Facts of Life fame. I remember she made a movie about a true story where a women is abused by her ex-husband. There's a scene where she is being hit and kicked by the ex-husband in front of on-lookers outside her home. You even see a police officer restraining a man who tried to stop the ex-husband. She becomes somewhat paralyzed over the ordeal and goes on to sue the town and the police force. She does win some compensation for what happen. In any case the title of that movie was: A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story (1989).

tfannis
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Only two movies made me cry...

The Lion King :sad: (nine years ago ;))

The Hours (last month) very touching IMO :)

veryborednow
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:11 PM
I was crying at the end of Meet Joe Black because I could feel my arse ;)

such a loooooooooooooooooooooong film

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:19 PM
lion king, moulin rouge, GIA (i cried so much)

hm.. Pay It Forward... ++ i always cry lol :o

Kirt12255
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:23 PM
:sad: Definately as mentioned before....Schindlers List and The Lion King (Never admitted it to anyone...thought I was alone Lion King Crier lol)

#1 A Man For All Seasons (Charlton Heston/Vanessa Redgrave version)

#2 Murder In The First (Kevin Bacon...true story...only good movie he did IMO)

#3 Under The Lighthouse Dancing (Natural)

#4 Ever After (Sad I know...when Mother in Law had to bow)

#5 Titanic (When Kathy Bates was in the boat....not when Leonardo sank like a lead balloon)

Notable Mention:

Last Episode of Seinfeld...when "Time of our life was playing...end of an era"....not a movie I know.....but all those episodes equall more than a Trilogy IMO

Nikola
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:05 PM
dancer in the dark :sad:

Nicoleke
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Probably " Titanic " and " Love story !!!!!

andylover_16
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:11 PM
A walk to remember :)

Maxine
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:48 PM
"The Champ" made me cry so much :sad: Little Ricky Schroeder has to see his dead dad :sad: :sad: I had to be picked up of the floor!
Also Color Purple, Terms Of Endearment, Secrets And Lies all made me cry and once I went out with a guy from work last year, we went to see I Am Sam and I cried for about 15 minutes :sad: Kinda embarrassing though :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:08 PM
oh yeah... Love Story... (thanks nicky;)) i used to play that love story song on the piano :sad:

decemberlove
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:42 PM
little women... ALWAYS makes me cry. the part when beth dies... and at the end where frederick goes "but i have nothing to give you, my hands are empty" and jo puts her hand in his and says "not empty now". aww

forrest gump... the scene where he's at jenny's grave... soooo sad.

shirley
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:01 PM
I was expect happy ending in Pay It Forward but it fucking ruined all of us!! :sad:

I expected a happy ending in that film too but it was not to be :sad: Very sad.

Other films that make me cry:
Forrest Gump :sad:
Notting Hill :sad:
Beaches http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/mecry.gif
Ghost http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/whinging.gif
Return To Me :sad:
Here on Earth
And Steel Magnolias

I cry at anything, me

Robinson
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Titanic, meh :sad:

toreador
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:45 AM
the only movie i remember crying was Gia:sad:

:drool:@angelina

Ting
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Titanic and I think it's Legends of the fall...SOmething with Legends and Brad Pitt, and Anthony Hopkins(?) is in it!
Have to agree:sad:

spyro
Apr 18th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ... (Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Rani Mukherjee)

LucasArg
Apr 18th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Stella.
Dancer in the dark.
Longtime Companion.
Todo sobre mi madre. (All about my mother)

maratski
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure if the movie you are talking about was a made-for-TV movie starring Nancy McKeon of Facts of Life fame. I remember she made a movie about a true story where a women is abused by her ex-husband. There's a scene where she is being hit and kicked by the ex-husband in front of on-lookers outside her home. You even see a police officer restraining a man who tried to stop the ex-husband. She becomes somewhat paralyzed over the ordeal and goes on to sue the town and the police force. She does win some compensation for what happen. In any case the title of that movie was: A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story (1989).

That was it I think.

SerialKiller#69
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:03 PM
hey noone mentioned Land Before Time 1... the scene where the dinosaur was chasing a shadow which he thought was his mom.

Forrest Gump.. the part where Forrest said he's son is so smart that she(her wife) would be so proud of him

Ghost

rand
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:05 PM
I cannot believe I'm the only one choosing breaking the waves either? come on people!!!!!!!!
and no one mentioned the deer hunter either?

Libertango
Apr 18th, 2003, 01:58 PM
For me no matter how many times I've seen it, I can't help but cry when I watch 'Color Purple'. :sad:
(how could it not win an oscar?? :confused: ;) )

nicky
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:36 PM
I cry rather easily I'm afraid. But most impressive movies for me:

-Dead Poets Society... I just couldn't stop crying, even when we left the cinema... :o

- The Killing Fields ... in the end, when the 2 men see each other again, I was thinking "I'm not going to cry, I'm not...and then they start to play Imagine...and the tears started rolling.

- In the name of the Father : when the old man dies, and all the prisoners protest with the flames, and you hear U2 playing "In the name of the Father"

and yes, I admit, I also cried with ET and the Lion King... Glad I'm not the only one over here ;)

Sue
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:39 PM
The Green Mile (i was practically sobbing like a 5 year old)

from those mentioned...
GIA
The Lion King
Ghost
Titanic (i went home and i was still crying...)
most recently, Lost and Delirious

many, many more...

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:02 PM
:wavey: sue :D :kiss:
lol i gave you your 2nd green bubble;)

butch
Apr 21st, 2003, 07:57 PM
Beaches (because you're lucky if a friendship like that comes once in a lifetime - very true DeuceDiva)
Simon Birch (ditto DeuceDiva's comment)
Message in a bottle
Armageddon

empiremaker03
Apr 21st, 2003, 08:07 PM
i guess Breakfast at Tiffany's--when the finding of 'cat'

gmt
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:29 AM
The end of "City Lights", the end of "Imitation of Life" (D. Sirk's movie) - neither ever misses :o
The end of "An affair to remember" (second version, with D. Kerr and C. Grant).
"Titanic" really does not make it for me, but de gustibus... ;)

skanky~skanketta
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:18 AM
beaches!waaaaaaaaaaaaail!
my best friends wedding. so sad especially during the "moment" and the end where he finds her to give her a hug!waaaaaaaaaaaaail!
titanic!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!
its my party!waaaaaaaaaaaaaail!
stepmom!waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail!

there's a tamil movie, called idayattai tirudathe. translated, it means dont steal my heart. its about this happy go lucky girl who has a hole in her heart. and there's this guy who has major uncurable cancer. he knows about her condition, be she doesnt know about his. they fall in love and she tells her dad "what mistake did i make?i want to live"...sob!then when she finds out that he has cancer she tells him she never wants to see him again and they begin arguing and he asks her why not?she just refuses to tell him and he pesters her so much and eventually she breaks down and says "because your life is more important to me.l i cant see u suffer and live not knowing if i'll ever see u alive tomorrow."too damn sad!
when a man loves a woman!WAAAAAAAAAAIL!
GHOST!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!
bambi, when his mother dies!i creid so much as a child!god!
Love story!good god!i was in a wreck!

Elske
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:26 AM
ET :o :sad: :sad:
Ghost :sad:
Armageddon :sad:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:48 AM
omg elske!! you mentioned those i had forgotten!! i cried my eyes out on those 3! ET, Ghost... Armageddon... i saw armageddon at the movies, with a male friend of mine and he was errrr..... ok... why you crying lol :o

Sue
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:20 PM
omg i have two green bubbles now? lol thanks Marri!

ummm.... why are all the users online suddenly named 'G'? and instead of "Welcome, Sue" i get a "Welcome, Gue"... lol

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:23 PM
lol i htink the board is hacked ;)

how you doing sweetie?:)

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:25 PM
OH my gosh! Titanic is the ultimate tear jerker!!!!! :sad::sad:

Sue
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:28 PM
pfff... it made me post a double post!

hi marri! :) i'm alright... bored at the moment. how are you?

Luna_Angel_84
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:35 PM
Titanic
Stepmom
Moulin Rouge
Far From Heaven nearly made me cry, as did The Hours, but I'm getting so cold-hearted *cough* :p

nante4ever
Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:54 AM
id say stepmom and titanic

Halardfan
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:02 AM
:sad: I defy anyone not to cry at the end of The Elephant Man...a really, genuinely moving film. :sad:

gmt
Apr 23rd, 2003, 10:15 AM
Indeed Chris :sad:

fleemkeģ
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:30 PM
Meet Joe Black :sad::sad:
Titanic :sad:
La vita č Bella
ET

And yesterday on TV ... Scent of a woman :sad: Pacino is so strong in that movie :eek::sad:

Hurricane Lily
Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:54 PM
Beaches :sad:
Little Women :sad:
Terms of Endearment
Steel Magnolia
and yeah I cried in Land Before Time :sad:
and also An Affair to Remember with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant... didnt really cry in the remake with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening.

*abby*
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:08 PM
castaway when he lost wilson his volleyball friend :rolleyes: :o

wta_zuperfann
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
One of the most moving movies I ever saw was "Sandakan 8" by Ichikawa. This now forgoten movie was made at least 25 years ago and was regarding the ruthless sexual exploitation of poor woman and girls in feudal Japanese society. I saw it twice in Greenwich Village theaters and saw people in tears both times. The saddest part of all was that it was a true story.

Central
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:14 PM
I don't cry with movies, but, for some reason (and I guees I'm the only one who's going to mention this one) Magnolia made me feel very sad, on that scene when the kid has on pee on himself on the TV program because of his father.

E. Blackadder
Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
1. While You Were Sleeping; this scene:

"Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person *really* knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that YOU were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to? Have you ever been so alone you spend the night confusing a man in a coma?"

And I know this Is K'tjes fav scene too ;)

2. The Fellowship Of The Ring; The scene after Gandalf 'died'. Everything is perfect: Music, Acting, Screenplay

skanky~skanketta
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
OMG!castaway!ESPECIALLY when wilson floats off!my and my mom were crying BUCKETS!lol!my dad was laughing so hard i coulda killed him!grrrr!what a way to ruin the moment!pfffffft!

i also creid for moulin rouge. the part where satine goes "he loves me. and thats worth everything"...i almost screamed out!hold on for another 40 years girl!penicilin is on its way!sigh.

vaiva
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:17 PM
Dancer in the Dark

Definitely :sad:

Cilla
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
ET
Leon

caramel
Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
"Pearl Harbor" really made me cry. It was so sad, especially in the end. I think I used up an entire box of handkerchieves when I saw that movie. :sad:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 24th, 2003, 06:08 AM
oh yeah...pearl harbour!i saw it the first day with my girlfriends and we were soaking up the cinema. then i went the next day with my bf and he was like..."damn, not enough action scenes how pathetic"...and there i was a major wreck!men are soooo insensitive sometimes!GRRRR!

Layla
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Definitely The Champ. I saw it a few times years ago and I always cried my eyes out. Ricky Schroeder was magnificent. Such a shameless tear-jerker that movie. ;)

Once Were Warriors They were both tears of sadness and helpless rage.

No Looking Back, an Edward Burns film. For some reason I cried almost the entire film, from the very first moments with its powerful opening, showing a dismal, rainy small town and Sheryl Crow singing "This is home..." in the background. I really identified with the character of Lauren Holly, she was utterly convincing.

Gosh, there are so many, I can't even remember the most powerful ones.

The last movie that made me cry was My Son's Room which I saw on TV a few days ago. I'm not sure that's the translation. It's an Italian movie about a family coping with the son's death.

Let me get back to you when I think of any more. Oh, I just remembered. City of Angels I did not expect that ending.

butch
Apr 25th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Forgot about Stepmom.. "it's finally legal to smoke, but first you must have cancer..".

shirley
Apr 25th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Ooh "Stepmom" makes me cry too. The bit where Julia says to Susan "I'm scared that on her wedding day she will say I wish my mom was here" and Susan says "I'm scared that she won't."

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 26th, 2003, 12:44 AM
omg i saw HERO last night... i wanted to cry so many time - it's so beautiful :sad: but i was at the movies with two guys... so it wasn't so approprtiate... :o :angel:

Eric_tennis
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Usually, it's very hard to make me cry (especially in recent years.) :o ;)

I would say several movies made me cry when I was young... (I'm still young though)

1. Waterloo Bridge : It was sad and beautiful movie starring Vivien Leigh. :kiss: She was a young ballerina and fell in love with a handsome British millitary officer. Then she was forced her to become a prostitute,... (she became prostitute with some good reason not like Julia Roberts in "Pretty woman" ;) ) and committed suicide at the bridge,... and the guy still recollect after several decades. It was beatiful and sad because there were romance, sacrifices and love to be remembered for life-time. :kiss:

2. An affair to Remember : (second version, with D. Kerr and C. Grant) I was just happy for the happy-ending and the KISS scene. ;)

But those are old movies,.. and I think not many people know those movies in this board. ;)

:D

SugarSkin
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:15 AM
I think 2 films made me cry the most: GIA and Boys dont cry :sad: :sad:

Nina_rus
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Dancer in the dark (starting from the middle of the film) :sad:
My life
All about my mother

thalle
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM
A Walk To Remember
now I'll start to cry again:sad:

wuneyej
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Nobody mentioned Brian's Song?!?!

Sophie's Choice is definitely up there too.

Jakeev
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:25 PM
The Yearling.......The only movie on the planet I refuse to watch with anybody because I am just a big pile of mush at the end of it.......

shap_half
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Love Story - omfg when she was in her death bed and she started yelling at him about paris and whatever i just couldn't hold the tears. thinkin about it right now is making me a little tearyeyed

Mouline Rouge - when Ewan throws his money on Nicole and said "I've paid for my whore" I started crying and when they started singing to one another I just bawled!!!

Dr. Zhivago made me cry too!! I LOVE that movie!!

vs1
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Lilies - It was so passionate and the boys in the film were so beautiful. This film really made me cry.

Spellbound (the spelling bee documentary) - I really felt for those kids and each of their stories

Any movie with Keanu Reeves because he should be mine but he isn't!!! :sad: :sad:

Rocketta
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:26 AM
The Color Purple of course! That scene when Sophia finally got to go home for Christmas or Thanksgiving for the first time in years to see her kids and that dumb ass Mayor's wife couldn't drive her own damn car home. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Imitation of Life---Mahalia wailing is enough to bring a tear to anyones eyes. :sad:

After The Promise---Tears of joy at the happy ending. Its a TV movie with Mark Harmon set in the depression era. His wife dies and they take his kids away. Its about how he gets them back and all the turmoil they had to go through.

Most Recent tear jerker was

Showtimes original Movie "A Soldier's Girl". They way they killed him and then Calpernia finding out about it over the tv/radio was :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kirt12255
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:33 AM
I thought of a few more I can't believe I missed.

Paradise Road...WHAT A TEARY MOVIE!!! :sad: Based on a true story of Australian, American, British POW's in Sumatra. They formed a choir to keep their spirits...when one of the main characters dies...they walk the Paradise road to bury her and everyone picks up stones and tap them together in sync :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Bambi

Watership down still makes me cry when I read the book

Guess I'm just a sook!! LMAO :wavey:

Kirt12255
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:39 AM
:wavey: Forgot to say they are women POW's...has Glenn Close and Cate Blanchett in one of her first films

Kirt12255
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:41 AM
:sad: What Dreams May Come as well (Robin Williams) :sad:

controlfreak
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Braveheart <- the most
ET
Gia
Gladiator
Todo Sobre Mi Madre
La Stanza del Figlio

xin_hui
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:56 AM
titanic..just watched it the other day again on tv, and it is just sad :sad:
pearl harbor: contrary to what people think, it is a real good movie, and when josh harnett died, my whole gang of galfriends just cried like hell :sad:
a walk to remember: the marriage scene killed me...and seeing shane west alone, remembering mandy moore :sad:
cruel intentions: when ryan philippe died in reese witherspoon's arms... :sad:

spudrsca
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Dead poets society
The Hurricane
Philadelphia

nasty nick#2
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I normally don't cry, but on one movie called Stolen Life or something i did. About a boy that was abducted as a kid frm his family to later get adopted, when he's 18 they tell him that his mother is nt his real mother and he decides to take a look at his past...

NaturalBlues
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM
White Fang when I was a kid, lol
La vita é bella *sniff*

Hawk
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:27 PM
I don't like crying while watching movies but some just get to me :o

Lots of movies have made me cry but off the top of my head:

Armageddon
The Green Mile (god when the guards start crying..i'm done :sad: )

on the other hand a movie that's suppose to make you cry that didn't affect me at all..Titanic ..he was dying and I was :yawn: :p

btw I never heard of Dancer in the Dark but since so many of you mentioned it I looked up the synosis..Good Lord that movie sounds horribly tragic :sad:

Nicoleke
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:52 PM
" A walk to remember "
" Titanic "
" American history x "
" Love story "
" Stepmom "
" La vite é bella "

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:24 PM
The Hours........shows how much we take living today for granted. Also, Schinder's List.

vs1
Jul 10th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Oh, and then there's Boyz n the hood. :sad: :sad:

Master Lu
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:52 PM
I remember crying to ET, Bambi, Lion King and deffinately The Land before Time (1), but those were all when I was a kid.
The movie the makes me cry even now, and which I actually refuse to watch again is Empire of the Sun. Can't believe no one mentioned it yet.

bh440
Jul 11th, 2003, 02:36 AM
From Justin To Kelly. It just Hurt. So. Bad.

ToeTag
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:09 AM
:) I don't know if these three have been mentioned yet:Beaches...Lost and Delirious...and a flick from I think the 50's..called Imatation of Life.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Oh, Menace 2 Society when at the end (paraphrasing) the main character remarks, "my Grandfather asked me one time whether I cared if I live or die? Yeah, I do. Now its too late!" <POW>

That movie should've won an oscar. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, Power of One. There are soo many scenes when PK was young that brings you to tears especially when he says, "The loneliness birds seemed to fly into my heart and lay large stone eggs. My whole body hurt with sadness." :sad: :sad: Plus the one when the guy just stands over PK's bed and says your mother is dead and walks away. :sad: PK was like 6-8 years old. :mad:

vs1
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:37 AM
sophie's choice.

when meryl streep had to choose which one of her children had to die. it was the height of utter and abject anguish....

I agree! That movie really made me open my eyes. If I ever had to make such a choice, I think I'd kill myself because if I lived, I'd never be able to live with myself. :sad:

Tammy
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:57 AM
the only movie i remember crying was Gia:sad:

:drool:@angelina
*spank* is gonna watch that with you :angel::D

Tammy
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:59 AM
omg i saw HERO last night... i wanted to cry so many time - it's so beautiful :sad: but i was at the movies with two guys... so it wasn't so approprtiate... :o :angel:
*gasp* you've moved on to two at the same time now huh ? :eek: *faints* ;):angel:

*runs* :angel:

Scout
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:01 AM
anybody see Waiking The Dead....cried lots!

Tammy
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:02 AM
er lets see here..

- ghost :o
- gia :sad:
- schindlers list :sad:
- titanic :o
- lion king (i was still a little tyke then ok.. :o)
- land before time (same as above :o)

.. and erm probably several more that ive since blocked out of my memeory? :angel:

Scout
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:05 AM
"The Champ" made me cry so much :sad: Little Ricky Schroeder has to see his dead dad :sad: :sad: I had to be picked up of the floor!
Also Color Purple, Terms Of Endearment, Secrets And Lies all made me cry and once I went out with a guy from work last year, we went to see I Am Sam and I cried for about 15 minutes :sad: Kinda embarrassing though :o

oh my god...The Champ!! I forgot aboutthat. watched it 20 years ago and still remember how much i cried...LOL

galadriel
Jul 11th, 2003, 02:18 PM
The Hours :sad:

Gowza
Jul 11th, 2003, 02:24 PM
moulin rouge

irma
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:00 PM
the champ oh my

champ, champ, champ for 5 minutes

angels with dirty faces is another old touching movie

toreador
Jul 11th, 2003, 08:34 PM
*spank* is gonna watch that with you :angel::D
of course u will :angel:
well see it in my room ok? :angel:

Tammy
Jul 12th, 2003, 05:44 PM
of course u will :angel:
well see it in my room ok? :angel:

..but but *wanted to see sth else in ur room..* ;):lick::angel:

*has got to stop before i get slapped in person* :cool::o::tape:

gmt
Jul 12th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Imitation of Life (the one with Lana Turner, John Gavin)
City Lights
An affair to remember (the 2nd version, with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant)
a few others which I cannot remember right now :o

Maradë
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:26 PM
I am not the type who cry to movies, but when I saw "the green mil" i cry like hell...

toreador
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:30 PM
..but but *wanted to see sth else in ur room..* ;):lick::angel:

*has got to stop before i get slapped in person* :cool::o::tape:
ull see that too :angel:
and tss how could i ever slap my baby? :angel: :kiss:

King Satan
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:47 PM
I forgot to mention malcolm x. i cried at the end of that movie :sad:

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 13th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Forrest Gump.......When Jenny dies..............:sad

Maxine
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:51 AM
the champ oh my

champ, champ, champ for 5 minutes

angels with dirty faces is another old touching movie
I chose the Champ as well :sad: If you don't cry during that movie you have some real emotion problems or a heart of stone :p

Brandon85
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:59 AM
titanic and a walk to remember

Maradë
Jul 13th, 2003, 04:27 AM
A walk to remeber, is SO good, and sad at the end..

Alberto
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:12 AM
- Bridges of Madison Country
- E.T
- Mary Poppins
- Life is Beautiful
- My Girl
- Marvinīs Room
- Moulin Rouge
- Love Story
- Higher Learning
- Waking the Dead
- Dragonfly
- All about my mother
- The sound of Music
- Snowhite
and many many more...

Ashie_87
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:25 AM
A Walk to Remember

Monica_Rules
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I cried my eyes out at the end of the color purple such a fantastic ending adn the end is .........

Don't wanna ruin the end for other people!

Tammy
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:42 PM
ull see that too :angel:
and tss how could i ever slap my baby? :angel: :kiss:
i will huh? :hearts: :lick: :drool:

:kiss:

Fantastic
Jul 13th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Boys On The Side with Whoopie Goldberg, Mary-Louise Parker, Drew Barrymore and Matthew McConaughey. The last few scenes when Mary-Louise has succumbed to AIDS and is surrounded by friends and family in the living room. Whoopie sings a haunting, piano-accompanied version of Roy Orbison's "You Got It" and you just knew what was going to happen to poor Mary-Louise.

I didn't exactly bawl my eyes out, but it threatened to happen. I'm not sure why I can't cry at movies. Probably because in the back of my mind, I know it's not real and that the actors are more than likely happily tucked snugly into bed over on the other side of the world somewhere.

the jamierbelyea
Jul 13th, 2003, 03:22 PM
The Color Purple, Beloved, and The Joy Luck Club.

I cried a dozen times durint TJLC.

shap_half
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:57 PM
City of Angels
My Life

these two movies also made me cry!
but then alot of movies make me cry

tommyk75
Aug 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Terms of Endearment: Debra Winger on her deathbed telling her sullen son, "I know you don't hate me." Boy oh boy did it rip me apart.

Dumbo: Sounds stupid, but when Dumbo visits his Mom in that cell, and then she rocks him back and forth with her trunk... geez

Some TV movie with Mary Stuart Masterson: Starts off cheezy, but then Mary Stuart gets cancer and gets pregnant and decides to have the kid even though she could die, which she does. It's kind of like "Steel Magnolias," but so much more real and sadder.

Longtime Companion: "Philadelphia" was good, but it doesn't hold a candle to this one. It is utterly, utterly sad but somehow hopeful at the same time.

Petersmiler
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:59 AM
So many films have made me vry, even Eastenders does sometimes!!!

But the two that most effected me were :

Moulin Rouge, though only on the third viewing and afterwards (bizarrely!)

Beautiful Thing, tears of happiness for this one, the best gay film I've ever seen!

skanky~skanketta
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:19 PM
ok. i HVAE to watch sophie's choice. how come i never heard of it??? :( :confused: :confused: :confused:

oh well. i actually cried for so many movies. i cry for the littles things. even legally blonde 2 where they play the snap game and call elle stupid. i didnt bawl but a tear dropped.can u imagine?if a movie like legally blonde can make me shed a tear, what can all these really touching movies do?OMG!

the deep end of the ocean. michelle pfeifer is stunning in this and i cried non-stop! :sad: :sad:

i'm a sucker for anything remotely sad.

Harju.
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:21 PM
A Walk To Remember definately tore my heart.. I almost cried when Landon were desperate to help Mandy.. :sad:

My Best Friend Wedding :worship: Funny and yet touching.. especially the part that when the guy found Julia.. :sad:

Hmm I love Sam.. it is a sad movie :sad:

paycheck
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Life is Beautiful :angel:

YSL
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Oh god! The Joy Luck Club!! :sad:

Also:

Beaches
Whose Life Is It Anyway?
Schindler's List
Dancer In The Dark (my DVD player froze JUST as the noose was put round her neck - I've been disturbed ever since!)
I remember bawling my eyes out non-stop to A.I: Artificial Intelligence too for some reason.

tia clara
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:25 PM
The Miracle Worker

When Helen at last realizes the connection between the hand signing and the water at the pump and you can see the realization on her face and she starts to identify all the things around her, I fall apart. It is so beautifully acted.

gorecki
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:27 PM
In The Mood For Love :sad:

YSL
Aug 12th, 2003, 04:33 PM
The Miracle Worker

When Helen at last realizes the connection between the hand signing and the water at the pump and you can see the realization on her face and she starts to identify all the things around her, I fall apart. It is so beautifully acted.

OMG yes!!!

Thanks Tia :)

Mrs. Peel
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:24 PM

OMG!!!!! Are you my cozmic twin? All those movies just make me a wreck...My sister still makes fun of me about how I blubbered all through the end of The Champ when I was a kid...

The Color Purple I just won't watch anymore becasue it is just too emotionally taxing...one time when I saw it I cried so hard I made the whole room of my friends start crying!

Secret & Lies...omg...tears galore...getting verklept thinking about it!

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the other I am forbidden to watch..I cry too hard from beginning to end... :sad:

I also lost it during "Boys Don't Cry" ... :sad: I got the cry free card form my sister on that one! Her rape and humiliation was fucked up!

Honarable Mentions:

AI: Artificial Intelligence
Phenomena :o
Extremities
The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
Once Were Warriors
Todo Sobre Mi Madre

GBFH
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:31 PM
The Joy Luck Club is gutwrenching...."Two Kinds" always makes me weep.

Little Women...right before Beth dies, "why does everyone want to go away? I love being home." oh, it's so :sad:

Barrie_Dude
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:54 PM
:wavey: :kiss: :hearts: :lick: :drool: @ gbfh!

skanky~skanketta
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:33 AM
gawd!lil women!that line made me die!

Lord Chips
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Mary Poppings :o

Aerien
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Dancer In The Dark- the scenes after Bjork had taken her 107 steps.......stab to the heart.

WtaTour4Ever
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Lion King

hythger
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Movies that made me cry:

We were soldiers
Life is beatifull
Castaway- the scene where he loses Wilson :sad:
The Pianist :sad:
Remenber the Titans
The Patriot- the scene where heath ledger dies :sad:
Steal Magnolia

I haven't seen A walk to remenber, but i have read the book and it made me cry! :sad:

danra
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Gorillas in the Mist - sad i know, but i think i was 10 years old

Poseidon Adventure - when Shelley Winters dies after saving the other guy.

Fairly tragic choices overall.

Maxine
Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:33 PM
OMG!!!!! Are you my cozmic twin? All those movies just make me a wreck...My sister still makes fun of me about how I blubbered all through the end of The Champ when I was a kid...

The Color Purple I just won't watch anymore becasue it is just too emotionally taxing...one time when I saw it I cried so hard I made the whole room of my friends start crying!

Secret & Lies...omg...tears galore...getting verklept thinking about it!

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the other I am forbidden to watch..I cry too hard from beginning to end... :sad:

I also lost it during "Boys Don't Cry" ... :sad: I got the cry free card form my sister on that one! Her rape and humiliation was fucked up!

Honarable Mentions:

AI: Artificial Intelligence
Phenomena :o
Extremities
The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
Once Were Warriors
Todo Sobre Mi Madre
:wavey: Mrs Peel, maybe we are cozmic twins?! The Champ is just :sad: and The Color Purple!! I feel the same way now. I struggle to watch that movie. There's one scene in it before Whoopi Goldberg is in it, another actress plays her character when she was younger. The two sisters are in a field and are dragged away from each other and they are crying and shouting and I was crying so hard, really sobbing! :o
Secrets and Lies is so good. I cried at about 3 or 4 different scenes, but it's good to be in touch with your emotional side. People who make fun at crying at The Champ have no feelings :p

venusgold
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:04 PM
Pay it forward
the champ
titanic

venusgold
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:33 PM
Who will love my children- An old movie about a woman with terminal cancer who had ten kids and a jobless husband so she had to give all of them up for adoption!

I never watched that movie again. much too heartbreaking!!

CondiLicious
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
Gorillas In The Mist :sad: :sad: poor gorillas...

vs1
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:42 AM
A LOT of movies make me cry. I'm one of those sensitive types. :sad: :sad: :angel: :lol:

Some of my fave wet movies are:

Lilies :sad: :sad:
Beautiful Thing
The Sixth Sense
Dancer in the Dark
My Beautiful Laundrette
The Colour Purple
The Deep End of the Ocean
Fire
The Joy Luck Club :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Sophie's Choice :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
The Whale Rider
Rabbit Proof Fence
All About My Mother

Andy_
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
I must say I haven't seen many of those movies, but I agree on "All about my mother"... and it hit me again when I went to Barcelona and found myself in that small square where Penelope Cruz's character meets her father... weird feeling... You might want to watch last year's movie from Almodovar, "Hable con ella" (I have no idea how they translated, so I'll stick with the original title), that was pretty strong too. :wavey:

propi
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:40 AM
I must say I haven't seen many of those movies, but I agree on "All about my mother"... and it hit me again when I went to Barcelona and found myself in that small square where Penelope Cruz's character meets her father... weird feeling... You might want to watch last year's movie from Almodovar, "Hable con ella" (I have no idea how they translated, so I'll stick with the original title), that was pretty strong too. :wavey:
Talk to her ;) that's how they translated it

butch
Sep 9th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I think i should try and get my hands on A walk to remember, Colour Purple and All about my mother.

butch
Sep 14th, 2003, 04:48 PM
I took out The colour purple and A walk to remember on Friday, and boy, was I glad. The colour purple was a beautiful story. A walk to remember made my cry and cry and cry ... my uncle died of leukemia last month, so it was very real to me. 'Our love is like the wind ... I can't see it, but I can feel it'. Thanks guys.

korben
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Les Parapluies de Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) for those who like to cry and havenīt seen it. Watch it. You wonīt be disappointed.

Of new ones. Ummm. Notting Hill and Fifth Element (surprise,surprise... :rolleyes: )

shap_half
Oct 16th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Ok kids I just saw Dancer in the Dark last weekend - and that movie just broke my heart. I mean I was just torn. i knew something bad was going to happen and it was just unfortunate the way she was treated. It was truly an upsetting movie. Cried my fcking eyes out!!!!

kku
Oct 17th, 2003, 02:43 AM
I never cry because of a sad moment in a movie...

But I almost turned on the waterworks in "Gone in 60 Seconds" when a Porsche dealership was blown in bits :sad:

GBFH
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:00 AM
*claps* for everyone who cried at "The Joy Luck Club." EVERY story made me weep...especially "Two Kinds." :sad:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:02 AM
I don't usually ever cry (I start getting pissed off if I think the movie is trying to manipulate me)...but I was almost bawling when I watched 'Whale Rider'. That movie is very sweet and touching without being cheesy and sappy. Definitely one to watch! :worship:

Epigone
Oct 17th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Jean de Florette
Manon des sources
The Circus sequence from Invitation to the Dance. It is amazing that a movie featuring dance and pantomime, but no dialogue, can spark such emotions :worship:.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:23 AM
i cant remember any new movies that i cried for.

but its that time of the month again and i saw Ghost again for the 10000000th time yesteray and i couldnt stop crying!

casanovalover
Oct 17th, 2003, 05:54 AM
the spice girls movie