PDA

View Full Version : Bush wants to lift Iraqi sanctions, Russia insists on new inspections, LOL..

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:23 AM
While Bush wants to lift sanctions, so that US companies would get a freedom of economy operations in Iraq, Russia says - no, lets continue inspections. Only inspectors can conclude that Iraq is free of WND, and until it is finished, sanctions will stay, blocking by that US companies from any legal activity in Iraq..

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:26 AM
http://carkeyboi.com/dump/PLOSTFU.gif

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I was thinking the same CKB.

BUT, if this is true, I do support Putin on this one.

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Could you please translate it for me from CKB's newspeak?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Please provide a link to the article so the reader can judge for himself/herself if what you are saying is actually true.

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:38 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2954485.stm

and

http://www.gazeta.ru/iraq/#248895

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I was thinking the same CKB.

BUT, if this is true, I do support Putin on this one.

:confused:

the Inspectors are going back in regardless of sanctions

so why not lift them? regardless of US commercial interests, the Iraqi people are desperate for them to be lifted

Putin is just pissed that he backed the wrong horse and he's trying to stop us having the spoils of war, which quite frankly we deserve. We spent the bucks to oust SH, not the UN, not Russia, so fuck them very much :)

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:42 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2954485.stm

and

http://www.gazeta.ru/iraq/#248895

thanks for the links!

especially the second one, it was most err.....informative :)

Rollo
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Sanctions need to be lifted ASAP. Sanctions killed more Iraqis than BOTH wars of 1991 and 2003 put together.

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:43 AM
It's just a method of bargaining, nothing else. I, personally, think, that Russia only wants its oil interests preserved and guarantee of new Iraqi government honouring multi-billion debt to Russia. Not much.. Just a fraction of what US spent for this war..

disposablehero
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:44 AM
While Bush wants to lift sanctions, so that US companies would get a freedom of economy operations in Iraq, Russia says - no, lets continue inspections. Only inspectors can conclude that Iraq is free of WND, and until it is finished, sanctions will stay, blocking by that US companies from any legal activity in Iraq..

So Russia, the only country "moral" enough to oppose both the "illegal" war in Iraq and the "illegal" bombing of Serbia, has now decided that Iraqis had best starve if the alternative is a slight weakening of the Russian economy. Wow, I'm shocked.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Well, I obviously don't read Russian, so I have no idea what one article was about.

The BBC article didn't dramatize the Russians wanting to put inspectors in Iraq again. As a matter of fact, the only stated the UN Security Council would be tough to win over - and that is probably because of a future power struggle between the USA and Russia, France, and China in regards to who reaps the benefits of Iraq.

Regardless, I see no problem with finalizing inspections in Iraq and ending the sanctions once and for all - honestly.

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:45 AM
So Russia, the only country "moral" enough to oppose both the "illegal" war in Iraq and the "illegal" bombing of Serbia, has now decided that Iraqis had best starve if the alternative is a slight weakening of the Russian economy. Wow, I'm shocked.

No, it is completely up to US to keep Russia happy and sanctions lifted at the same time..

vaiva
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:46 AM
:confused:

the Inspectors are going back in regardless of sanctions

so why not lift them? regardless of US commercial interests, the Iraqi people are desperate for them to be lifted

And how would the Iraqi people benefit from the lift of sanctions? Maybe US will give them the control over oil wells? LOL

Putin is just pissed that he backed the wrong horse and he's trying to stop us having the spoils of war, which quite frankly we deserve. We spent the bucks to oust SH, not the UN, not Russia, so fuck them very much :)

You installed SH, not the UN, not Russia. So thank you very much for correcting your error.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:47 AM
No, it is completely up to US to keep Russia happy and sanctions lifted at the same time..
Still afraid to actually say what you think?

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:49 AM
And how would the Iraqi people benefit from the lift of sanctions? Maybe US will give them the control over oil wells? LOL

You installed SH, not the UN, not Russia. So thank you very much for correcting your error.

yuo don't know what the fuck yuo're talking about

i can't be bothered to correct yuo, i'll let the others do it

fucktard

- Car Key Boi

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Well, I obviously don't read Russian, so I have no idea what one article was about.

the Russian articale says, that by Russian initiative Security Council invited Hans Blix to report on readiness of inspectors to resume inspections interrupted by US military action. It will happen next Tuesday.Deputy Representative of Russia at UN Gatilov said that any conclusions can be made only by experts from inspection Commission. Russian initiative was supported by France, Germany, China and Syria.

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:50 AM
It's just a method of bargaining, nothing else. I, personally, think, that Russia only wants its oil interests preserved and guarantee of new Iraqi government honouring multi-billion debt to Russia. Not much.. Just a fraction of what US spent for this war..

agreed.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:52 AM

fucktard

- Car Key Boi
now, CKB, how can we lead the blind to the light with such language and attitude? :) We must foster those that don't know and show them the path to righteousness.

vaiva - the sanctions have had a crippling effect on the general Iraqi population in regards to "legal" trade with other countries.

Furthermore, the US did not install Sadaam (but we did support him). He came to power in 1979(?) after previous attempts at the Ba'ath party seizing control had failed. Unless you know some more details that I don't know, I'm pretty sure the US (and most other countries) had little to do with Sadaam ruling Iraq.

vaiva
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:53 AM

fucktard

- Car Key Boi

Oh, Mr. Righteous. I forgot. Don't bother, really.

disposablehero
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:55 AM
I thought the issue was about chemical weapons in Hussein's hands? Maybe we should just extend the sanctions to every country that has used chemical weapons in the past 20 years. Oh wait, that includes Russia.

It's simply an asinine stalling tactic bogged down in self interest. The Americans have spent billions of dollars fixing the problem, and Putin wants to make the nasty effects of the problem linger. This is not his smartest move for getting on the gravy train. Who exactly besides the US actually throws money at Russia right now?

spyro
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Because now, the US and its allies take over Iraq ( Oil, Oil and Oil ), and maybe Gold

disposablehero
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Furthermore, the US did not install Sadaam (but we did support him). He came to power in 1979(?) after previous attempts at the Ba'ath party seizing control had failed. Unless you know some more details that I don't know, I'm pretty sure the US (and most other countries) had little to do with Sadaam ruling Iraq.

Actually, the Ba'ath party has been in power in Iraq considerably longer, since about 1968, I think. Saddam was an underling who fired his boss in 79.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Actually, the Ba'ath party has been in power in Iraq considerably longer, since about 1968, I think. Saddam was an underling who fired his boss in 79.
Interesting. I knew he fled to Cairo after an unsuccessful attempt that killed quite a few of his colleagues and almost killed him.

disposablehero
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Interesting. I knew he fled to Cairo after an unsuccessful attempt that killed quite a few of his colleagues and almost killed him.

That was 1959. I reprinted a short bio in this thread. http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=61641&highlight=good+guy

ys
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2955793.stm

Tough talks loom over Iraq oil

French President Jacques Chirac has said it is up to the UN to decide when and how to lift trade sanctions against Iraq, as diplomatic moves intensify over the future of Iraqi oil.
Mr Chirac was speaking after US President George W Bush called for an end to the UN's oil-for-food programme, which limits the amount of oil Iraq can export and controls imports into the country.

The American calls are likely to lead to a tough round of negotiations at the Security Council, diplomats predict.

Lifting the sanctions imposed on Iraq 12 years ago would unfreeze the country's oil revenues which could then be used for the reconstruction of the country, as the US wants.

But the BBC's world affairs correspondent Mark Doyle says some Council members are wary of limiting their influence on the situation while the US has control on the ground.

Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov said Russia would not support the "automatic" lifting of sanctions unless it was confirmed that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction.

On Wednesday, the European Union issued a draft declaration calling for the UN to play a central role in rebuilding Iraq.

The bloc also said it was ready to help to play a significant role in the reconstruction efforts.

Inspections

UN resolutions demand that Iraq prove itself free of weapons of mass destruction before sanctions can be lifted.

UN weapons inspectors - who were withdrawn from Iraq days before the US-led invasion - say their work has not been completed.

The BBC's Greg Barrow at the UN says some Council members are insisting that until the inspectors are allowed back into Iraq there can be no progress on a new resolution seeking to lift sanctions.

So far, Washington has not invited the monitors back into Iraq.

The Security Council will broach the issue of lifting sanctions next week, the Associated Press says.

According to US Ambassador John Negroponte, a resolution has not yet been drafted.

"The specifics are still being discussed among agencies in Washington," he said.

Differences

One key issue likely to emerge when sanctions are debated is the role the UN will play in post-Saddam Iraq.

France, Russia and Germany - who all have seats on the Council and firmly opposed the war - say the UN must play a central role in any Iraqi transition.

Britain has also said the UN has a central role in the future of Iraq. But analysts say there could be disagreements over the precise definition of this role.

Both the UK and the US have argued that, having deposed Saddam Hussein, they have a right to play a leading role in the future of Iraq.

Car Key Boi
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Bush will let the Inpectors back in, and not because the Eurotards are pissing and moaning, but because it's the way to go

there are over 150 sites in be searched/examined, numerous intelligence leads to follow especially now as we begin to round up the Iraqi leaders and the Inspectors are the best people for the job coz of their knowledge and experience, which is far in excess of our Army Bois

another important reason, if and when we do find some WMD, we need their independent validation - if US Marine Boi was to find a shitload of WMD all the peacetards are gonna scream like morons "planted! planted!"

if the Inspectors find them, it will be a geniune find, they are the experts and if anyone tries to dupe them with planted WMD's, they'll know it - can yuo imagine the political fallout if Bush was to plant WMD and got caught? for that he would be impeached, so there is no way he is gonna be planting them

Shuji Shuriken
Apr 18th, 2003, 12:01 PM
now, CKB, how can we lead the blind to the light with such language and attitude? :) We must foster those that don't know and show them the path to righteousness.

Hahahahahaha...that's a fucking laugh. Not everyone is blinded by your sense of nationalism and patriotism, so maybe you people are the ones "blinded". I see no way in which automatically lifting the sanctions would immediately benefit the Iraqi people. Bush himself said the fucking war isn't even over. There's no Government in place. Who's going to look after the oil interests of the people? George Bush? Hahahahahahahaha. Talk about putting the cat to guard the milk. Hahahahaha. Give the weapons inspectors a chance to complete their work. Give the military time to complete their operations. Give the situation time, so that a proper Government can be put into place to manage the affairs of the people. In the mean time, the US and the rest of the coalition should spend their money to rebuild Iraq, not try to worm their way out of it. And fuck any of you who think otherwise :p :devil:...your opinions don't count. I must say though...US motives for the war are becoming clearer and clearer as the days go by. Fuck the world!!!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Hahahahahaha...that's a fucking laugh. Not everyone is blinded by your sense of nationalism and patriotism, so maybe you people are the ones "blinded". I see no way in which automatically lifting the sanctions would immediately benefit the Iraqi people. Bush himself said the fucking war isn't even over. There's no Government in place. Who's going to look after the oil interests of the people? George Bush? Hahahahahahahaha. Talk about putting the cat to guard the milk. Hahahahaha. Give the weapons inspectors a chance to complete their work. Give the military time to complete their operations. Give the situation time, so that a proper Government can be put into place to manage the affairs of the people. In the mean time, the US and the rest of the coalition should spend their money to rebuild Iraq, not try to worm their way out of it. And fuck any of you who think otherwise :p :devil:...your opinions don't count. I must say though...US motives for the war are becoming clearer and clearer as the days go by. Fuck the world!!!
Hi Bonkers. That was a sarcastic line I did right there ;) It was a joke.

I actually believe weapons inspectors should be sent back to Iraq before lifting the sanctions.