PDA

View Full Version : LTA Performance Director?

Pdm1987
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Could somebody please tell me what the job of the performance director is at the LTA, because today I watched a report with David felgate on Sky Sports News and all he did was state the obvious that britain needs some new up and coming talent to suceed Tim Henman, we all knew that anyway. He said that the players have to try and better each other. Well if it's up to the players is there much points in having this performance director. :rolleyes:
Britain needs someone who will act and not just talk, and I bet he is getting paid quite a bit to do nothing. :fiery:

Monica_Rules
Apr 18th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Well hes been in the job only a little while.Plus he comes into the job with quite a few young players 13/14 year olds who look quite decent.

From what i saw him say hes in charge or decideing which players get money in order to succeed.And he saisd that getting players ranked insided the top 300 is as important as top 100

WIMBY
May 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM
David Felgate has been sacked from his post as performance director of the Lawn Tennis Association.
New LTA chief executive Roger Draper has named Great Britain's Davis Cup captain Jeremy Bates in the interim.

Also departing the organisation are tennis operations director Rebecca Miskin and finance director Paul Keen.

Draper took over as the LTA's new head on 3 April and has wasted little time in making major changes to the governing body for British tennis.

He said: "I would like to thank David, Rebecca and Paul for the contribution they have made to British tennis over the last three years.

"All three have worked extremely hard to support British tennis and I wish them all the best in their next ventures.

"An interim LTA leadership team has been appointed to ensure that we move forward with purpose whilst a new structure is created and a new team recruited."

An LTA statement said the team would seek to minimise the impact of the interim phase on the players.

It added: "Announcements regarding more permanent positions will be made in due course."